PDA

View Full Version : Trade Values of The Top 50 Of The NBA

D Roses Bulls
02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Bill Simmons of ESPN put out his annual trade values of most of the stars of the NBA. Kind of cool to see Derrick Rose in the top ten and Dwyane Wade ahead of Kobe Bryant. The top two were no surprise to me at all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090212

JordansBulls
02-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Good list.

Bullsfan22
02-12-2009, 03:00 PM
very good read and list

Sixerlover
02-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Read the whole thing. Great read

Joshtd1
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Very good read

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-12-2009, 04:54 PM
He is a very good columnist when he is not in absolute hate mode.

pebloemer
02-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Bill Simmons has wit and intelligence. Love reading his articles.

_Sn1P3r_
02-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Actually an interesting and enjoyable read.

Hawkeye15
02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
He is very funny, and can be somewhat accurate, but yeah, if he gets in hate mode, watch out. And sometimes his Boston bias goes too far. Dude is funny, love the Kevin Love writeup

Lone Maverick
02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Pretty good read

DABEARS23
02-12-2009, 08:14 PM
DRose should be #1

Wilson
02-12-2009, 08:21 PM
(He's [Al Jefferson] my favorite non-Celtic, hands down, nobody else comes close. Durant is second, Duncan is third, Ginobili is fourth, Brandon Roy is fifth ... and Sasha Vujacic is last.)

:laugh2:

Yeah I read this earlier. I wouldn't have put Rajon Rondo that high, and I don't know about Derrick Rose being ahead of Deron Williams. Other than that it was a good read though. Like some have said, Simmons does get a little biased and annoying at times, but for the most part I think he's a really good writer. His podcasts are usually quite good as well. :up:

D Roses Bulls
02-12-2009, 08:52 PM
DRose should be #1

agreed, lol and i know im being bias

D Roses Bulls
02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
:laugh2:

Yeah I read this earlier. I wouldn't have put Rajon Rondo that high, and I don't know about Derrick Rose being ahead of Deron Williams. Other than that it was a good read though. Like some have said, Simmons does get a little biased and annoying at times, but for the most part I think he's a really good writer. His podcasts are usually quite good as well. :up:

yeah well its bill simmons, he loves the celtics so of course hes going to have to put rondo that high

Wilson
02-12-2009, 08:55 PM
yeah well its bill simmons, he loves the celtics so of course hes going to have to put rondo that high

Yeah I suppose so, I guess you just have to accept it....:p

Draco
02-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Simmons is a tool. No insight in this article whatsoever.

D Roses Bulls
02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah I suppose so, I guess you just have to accept it....:p

yeah..... i think its a rule to only have knick and celtic lovers on staff, lol

hotpotato1092
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Simmon's is the only columnist who clearly knows sports and is able to connect it to other things in the world (mostly entertainment). Just throwing this out there, maybe we invite him to the next NBA mock? Seems like the kinda thing he'd do and he takes emails from readers...

Wilson
02-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Simmon's is the only columnist who clearly knows sports and is able to connect it to other things in the world (mostly entertainment). Just throwing this out there, maybe we invite him to the next NBA mock? Seems like the kinda thing he'd do and he takes emails from readers...

That would definately be interesting...

D Roses Bulls
02-12-2009, 10:20 PM
he's alright just so bias even though i did like this article he did

hotpotato1092
02-12-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm defintely asking the commish of the next mock if we can invite him, I think it could be a great idea, also PSD could get some great free advertising from Simmons :D

thesparky33
02-13-2009, 02:46 AM
I love Simmons. He has got to be one of the few ESPN writers I enjoy, mostly cuz he has a sense of humor added to all of his articles.

Glad to see he had Al Jeff at #9 before the injury... but not sure how the injury would hurt his trade value...?

Wilson
02-13-2009, 02:53 AM
I love Simmons. He has got to be one of the few ESPN writers I enjoy, mostly cuz he has a sense of humor added to all of his articles.

Glad to see he had Al Jeff at #9 before the injury... but not sure how the injury would hurt his trade value...?

I think it's the nature of the injury. It's a big one, which could hurt his play down the line.

Bulls4Lyfe
02-13-2009, 04:12 AM
This could not go overlooked:

"Kevin Love: Bill Laimbeer 2.0 with better passing skills and without the Cobra Kai streak. You have to love a country where Love's best rookie card (Upper Deck's '09 SPX set, the signed autographed jersey card) goes for one-eighth the money of Beasley's card ... and yet, Miami could offer Beasley for Love right now and Minnesota would make a face and hang up. Whatever."

Simmons goes on to call Beasley a semi-fraud and colossal disappointment.

Beasley might not have had as good of start to his rookie season as expected, but is Simmons insane? I think yes.

lakerboy
02-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Funny quote

(He's my favorite non-Celtic, hands down, nobody else comes close. Durant is second, Duncan is third, Ginobili is fourth, Brandon Roy is fifth ... and Sasha Vujacic is last.)

ROFL

thesparky33
02-13-2009, 05:00 PM
This could not go overlooked:

"Kevin Love: Bill Laimbeer 2.0 with better passing skills and without the Cobra Kai streak. You have to love a country where Love's best rookie card (Upper Deck's '09 SPX set, the signed autographed jersey card) goes for one-eighth the money of Beasley's card ... and yet, Miami could offer Beasley for Love right now and Minnesota would make a face and hang up. Whatever."

Simmons goes on to call Beasley a semi-fraud and colossal disappointment.

Beasley might not have had as good of start to his rookie season as expected, but is Simmons insane? I think yes.
It's not that he's dissing Beasley as much as he's praising Kevin Love. If I were Minnesota management, and I could draft any player in the draft over again, I'd pick Rose and Mayo over Love, and that might be it.

Bulls4Lyfe
02-13-2009, 07:36 PM
It's not that he's dissing Beasley as much as he's praising Kevin Love. If I were Minnesota management, and I could draft any player in the draft over again, I'd pick Rose and Mayo over Love, and that might be it.

nah, he was attacking Beasley - that much was clear. and you take Love over Westbrook, Lopez, Beasley? Sorry, but that's homer-ish

ARMIN12NBA
02-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Eh, it's an okay list. Rondo, Rose, and Duncan are too high in my opinion.