PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Marion Got Injured Again

magikmc
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
It's on the ProSportsDaily news section. What does this mean regarding a trade for O'neal? Obviously it depends on the severity of the injury, but Marion has had his share of freak injuries this year in MIA. Does Toronto still do the trade, or do they get scared off?? Maybe they can negotiate a deal without taking Banks' contract back with so many injuries happening to Marion? I don't think it will have a major effect, but it is a bad time for him to get an injury with the trade deadline around the corner.

blujaysrock
02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Might as well keep JO in my opinion.

mjt20mik
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Or if your gonna make a trade, make a trade for Caron.

Bricklayer
02-12-2009, 01:40 PM

Wishfull thinking? :rolleyes:

More shats!
02-12-2009, 01:40 PM
I was all for this trade when the rumors started but right now there is no need to trade JO for Marion and a bad contract like banks.If they take banks out of the deal and put a shorter contract i am all for it.Lets hope BC makes the smart choice.

Steely McBeam
02-12-2009, 01:42 PM
ya thats what im talking about

pebloemer
02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
It's on the ProSportsDaily news section. What does this mean regarding a trade for O'neal? Obviously it depends on the severity of the injury, but Marion has had his share of freak injuries this year in MIA. Does Toronto still do the trade, or do they get scared off?? Maybe they can negotiate a deal without taking Banks' contract back with so many injuries happening to Marion? I don't think it will have a major effect, but it is a bad time for him to get an injury with the trade deadline around the corner.

Thought the injury was a bruised eye socket or something like that. Doubt that has any impact in the negotiations.

"Marion was injured late in the workout, when forward Michael Beasley inadvertently hit him in the left eye during a drill. Marion was taken to a doctor for treatment and diagnosed with a bruised left eye orbit."

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/miami-heats-shawn-marion-injured-in-practice-201950.html

magikmc
02-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Thought the injury was a bruised eye socket or something like that. Doubt that has any impact in the negotiations.

"Marion was injured late in the workout, when forward Michael Beasley inadvertently hit him in the left eye during a drill. Marion was taken to a doctor for treatment and diagnosed with a bruised left eye orbit."

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/miami-heats-shawn-marion-injured-in-practice-201950.html

yeah, at the same time you never know with eye injuries. I think more of the point is that he's has quite a few injuries this season, like O'neal, so shouldn't that decrease his value?

pebloemer
02-12-2009, 02:09 PM
yeah, at the same time you never know with eye injuries. I think more of the point is that he's has quite a few injuries this season, like O'neal, so shouldn't that decrease his value?

His other injuries I think would, and I assume they have decreased his value. When they get back on the damages to the eye orbit, we'll see if it is anything significant, but I don't see eye injuries as recurring problems, more fluke incidents. Which is why I don't see this injury in particular having an impact - unless the is somthing significant when the get the results.

Oneal by contrast has had 4 seasons of problems with his knees, ankles, etc - those are more recurring problems and have continued to be a problem. I feel that is more significant than Marion's injuries this season.

Canadian hemi
02-12-2009, 02:57 PM
The trade is basiclly dead anyway

Jonathan2323
02-12-2009, 03:27 PM
he just got hit in the eye.

hawkaveli
02-12-2009, 03:38 PM
caron, blatche, and stevenson for JO and soloman

Jonathan2323
02-12-2009, 03:41 PM

in what fantasy world are you in?

Bob_at_york
02-12-2009, 04:14 PM

does that trade somehow save the Wizards 5 mil?

Frank Costanza
02-12-2009, 04:29 PM
frank loves the idea of caron butler, when does he expire??? and anyone know how much he makes now

np6526
02-12-2009, 04:39 PM
$8.9 Mil
$9.7 Mil
$10.6 Mil

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/washington.htm

His contract isnt too bad, considering he's in his prime and puts up 20+. I've been pushing for him being a Raptor for a LONG TIME!

carruthers32
02-12-2009, 08:23 PM
He's playing tonight, so he cant be that hurt.

magikmc
02-12-2009, 08:26 PM

word

_Sn1P3r_
02-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Yup. He's playing well on D and had a nice dunk in a fastbreak.

hawkaveli
02-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Marion is not what we need. He's not going to help this team much. We need Caron. He would help us now and next year. Another good chip would be Rasual from the Hornets

marvILLous
02-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Marion with the game winning dunk on Sefolosha tonight haha.

bambam27
02-13-2009, 01:37 AM
i'll take caron over marion anyday!

Bob_at_york
02-13-2009, 10:44 AM
i'll take caron over marion anyday!

so would every team in the league, what is your point? :confused: