PDA

View Full Version : The grizz are out of the Amare sweepstakes?

kntresistheheat
02-12-2009, 08:43 AM
That would of been a good trade IMO.....The suns are going to take what they can, or else I dont see them moving nobody? Unless they take the heat offer or the bulls.

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley acknowledged his recent involvement in trade discussions regarding All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire and said he rejected the Phoenix Suns’ proposal.

“We had conversations,” Heisley said Wednesday, confirming a Yahoo Sports report that Phoenix owner Robert Sarver initiated contact with Memphis. “But there is no deal on the table. I think they’ll go somewhere else.”

Heisley didn’t discuss specifics about the talks, only saying that he spoke with Sarver twice and the Suns were firm in their requirements for dealing Stoudemire.

Apparently, moving Stoudemire within the Western Conference isn’t a factor, and a player agent with reliable trade information contended that Phoenix’s asking price isn’t cheap.

The Suns are said to have asked the Griz to consummate a deal that included forwards Rudy Gay and Hakim Warrick, and point guard Mike Conley.
Reached by phone while on a scouting mission in Texas, Griz general manager Chris Wallace declined to talk specifically about potential trades.

“All I can tell you is that we don’t have anything imminent on any front at this point,” Wallace said.

Wallace, though, also had discussions with Suns general manager Steve Kerr while the Griz were being courted. Conventional wisdom suggests that Memphis was more interested in using its salary-cap space to provide Phoenix with financial relief.

Reportedly, Chicago, Golden State, Portland and Sacramento are among the teams aggressively pursuing Stoudemire.

While it appears the Grizzlies’ chances of acquiring Stoudemire have reached slim to none, they may still be involved in more than cursory discussions on another front.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20090212#STORY_16380

TheShock45
02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
i think that trade would be stupid for the grizzlies

yea they dont need conley and they dont need warrick but to give up gay and 2 other young could be future stars for a player you know wont resign in a year is stupid and you know your team doesnt have a chance of winning
is jus dumb and whoever does it will be fired

Amare will be traded for picks and expiring contracts from a contender thats it no young talent or solid nba veterens

Duncan = Donkey
02-12-2009, 09:36 AM
ur dreaming if you think hell be traded for just expirings and picks.

bal_ravens
02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah that would be a horrible trade for the Grizzlies. That is just too much talent to give up for one player.

Hellcrooner
02-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Grizzlies shoudl be strong in pushing for either Stou or BOSH.

They can part with Conley, they CAN part with Gay ( since hes already showed some discontent signs) and then they can add Milicic to add salary that EXPIRES in 2010.

Or they coudl keep MIlicic and trade Marc Gasol. + They have lakers pick to toy around.

I think those would be ver fair offers for Stou and Bosh.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
grizzlies did the right thing by not mortgaged their future

lakers4sho
02-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Grizzlies shoudl be strong in pushing for either Stou or BOSH.

They can part with Conley, they CAN part with Gay ( since hes already showed some discontent signs) and then they can add Milicic to add salary that EXPIRES in 2010.

Or they coudl keep MIlicic and trade Marc Gasol. + They have lakers pick to toy around.

I think those would be ver fair offers for Stou and Bosh.

It would be better for the Grizzlies, but I doubt that Stoudemire would want to stay there. He'll probably bolt out whenever his contract ends.

So they basically traded Gay + someothers for NOTHING

keithm320
02-12-2009, 11:23 AM
what??? that would have been the dumbest trade in the world for the Grizzlies....Do they have salary cap issues? what would be the reason for this trade....to me it just doesn't make sense

Hellcrooner
02-12-2009, 02:57 PM
well im not sure amare woudl bolt for sure since Lowry, Oj, Warrick ; stou, Marc Gasol (or Milicic, the one not traded) + arthur + High 09 pick seems a reasonable playoff candidate for next season, and they woudl still have cap to add someone more that summer.

-Juice-
02-12-2009, 02:58 PM
I think they are out of the Amare deal, but still think they will be involved in the final. I don't know how they feel about Rudy Gay, but if they could give up Gay and Conley to land Beasley I think they might.

theimortalone
02-12-2009, 03:10 PM
I think they are out of the Amare deal, but still think they will be involved in the final. I don't know how they feel about Rudy Gay, but if they could give up Gay and Conley to land Beasley I think they might.

I agree, a three way trade could end up happening between the grizzlies, heat, and suns.

Hellcrooner
02-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Yep Grizz are a feasible piece as third wheel in any trade since they should get rid of Gay before he walks for nothing in two years.