PDA

View Full Version : Baseball, Steroids & The Olympics

DaaBoTownSox
02-12-2009, 01:32 AM
With all the recent problems with steroids surfacing as of late, how do you guys think that effects Baseball when it comes to trying to get the sport back into the Olympics come 2016?

If they don't take Baseball in 2016, would you think it would be mainly because of the steroid problem? Do you think it would make it if there weren't any steroid stories surfacing?

Discuss!

abe_froman
02-12-2009, 01:50 AM
With all the recent problems with steroids surfacing as of late, how do you guys think that effects Baseball when it comes to trying to get the sport back into the Olympics come 2016?

If they don't take Baseball in 2016, would you think it would be mainly because of the steroid problem? Do you think it would make it if there weren't any steroid stories surfacing?

Discuss!

track,weightlifting...yeah they'd let any sport with rampant roid abuse out:rolleyes:

DaaBoTownSox
02-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Yeah, but those are sports that are mainstays in the olympics. Baseball isn't...

abe_froman
02-12-2009, 02:04 AM
Yeah, but those are sports that are mainstays in the olympics. Baseball isn't...

yes,but i dont think the roid scandal will have an effect one way or another,the only way its coming back is making inroads into europe,or diversify its euro centric governing body to more western hemisphere and eastern asian where baseball is more accepted

DaaBoTownSox
02-12-2009, 03:13 AM
yes,but i dont think the roid scandal will have an effect one way or another,the only way its coming back is making inroads into europe,or diversify its euro centric governing body to more western hemisphere and eastern asian where baseball is more accepted

True. But I just wonder how much of an effect the steroids will have on the popularity of the sport growing overseas.

BLooDShoT_GrK
02-12-2009, 11:40 AM
baseball had a steroid problem the Olympics have a serious HGH problem. and the cops are trying to build a case against Phelps for the pot smoking nice way to waste the tax payers money on nonsense