PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 mismanaged teams of the past 5 years...

Drtino
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Having a poor team record doesnít necessarily mean a team was mismanaged. Getting lucky in the draft, having good team chemistry, staying healthy, and many other aspects are all things that a teamís management canít necessarily predict.

While the Timberwolves, Thunder, and Grizzlies are all poor teams, their GMs have had the right philosophy by trying to rebuild through the draft and free up cap space for the future.

While the Raptors and Sixers also have underachieving records, they have had the right philosophy by trying to push their good teams over the top by adding a superstar this offseason.

5- Sacramento Kings
4- Pheonix Suns
3- Chicago Bulls
2- Washington Wizards
1- New York Knicks

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/122876-top-5-mismanaged-nba-teams-of-the-last-five-years

I guess the title says it all... I actually thought that the Knicks were doing the right moves to get rid off of all those players who didn't bring nothing to the game... but I guess this year may not count, since they don't have a winning record yet.

Catfish1314
02-11-2009, 08:02 PM
There's no reason the Kings should be on this list.

lakers4sho
02-11-2009, 08:04 PM
The Knicks are definitely organized better this time around.

I think the Clippers top that list.

ragee
02-11-2009, 08:23 PM

Hell yeah! Kings have a good management... They are just in the process of rebuilding... Clippers should be on the top of the list...

Drtino
02-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I agree on the Clippers being part (if not top of the list), but I guess what they are seeing is that they haven't made the right moves after the trades didn't seem to work during the season...

Clippers should've made the list either first or second...

I am probably a bit surprised that Pheonix has made the list... Yikes.

DerekRE_3
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM

Agreed. Every team goes through cycles. We had 8 years of playoff teams, and now we are rebuilding.

We are going through the same thing that the Indiana Pacers have been going through since the Brawl.

Draco
02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Congratulations Ari Horing.. for being a guy who can't stand arguments without facts and who, ironically, wrote an argument without any facts that point towards the Bull's having been mismanaged. It's nice that you raised two questions.. not so nice that you failed to answer either (and yes, those questions can be answered).. and even less impressive that either question has anything to do with mismanagement. But I'll humor you and answer one of them. If you want more answers you'll have to get off your lazy *** and do the research yourself.

Why didn't the Bull's trade for Kobe Bryant? Because he wasn't on the trade block you fkn moron.

Ari's Bio

I'm currently a Division 1 junior soccer player at Eastern Illinois University which is in the Missouri Valley Conference. I'm also a sports writer for the Daily Eastern News.

Besides that, I'm just a guy who just can't stand arguments that just don't have facts to back them up. Articles without facts have motivated me to get the truth out there.

Top 5 mismanaged teams of the past 5 years...

3. Chicago Bulls, why won’t you ever make a trade for or sign a real superstar?

The Bulls have been filled with talent the last few years, but they have always lacked a true superstar. How many times have they been in trade discussions for a superstar like Amare Stoudemire, Kobe Bryant, and Kevin Garnett (just to name a few)?

The one big free agent pickup they had in the last few years has been Ben Wallace, who was clearly a bad signing. Why did they overpay an aging veteran who is clearly more of a system star than a true star?

Their team has been filled with very good players like Ben Gordon, Kirk Heinrich, Luol Deng, Larry Hughes, Andres Nocioni, and Drew Gooden, but no great players.

They do finally have a player who potentially can be a great player in Derrick Rose. However, Rose still needs to develop and isn’t going to lead the team anywhere for at least a couple years.

The Bulls had the opportunity to finally get past the Jordan era, but their failure to add a superstar has put them back in rebuilding mode.

theuuord
02-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Bobcats...

DerekRE_3
02-11-2009, 09:12 PM
I can tell whoever wrote this article is an idiot...

He says the Kings have a couple great young players in John Salmons and Kevin Martin. I can understand the Martin part....But Salmons is 29...since when is that "young."

Hoopsadvocate
02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
1. Knicks
2. Clippers
3. Bobcats
4. Bulls
5. Wizards

jacquewho?
02-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Kings aren't poorly managed. And I agree with what Derek said about the Pacers as both teams (Kings and Pacers) are in a rebuilding stage right now. However, I think the Pacers would be in the Top 10.

DerekRE_3
02-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Kings aren't poorly managed. And I agree with what Derek said about the Pacers as both teams (Kings and Pacers) are in a rebuilding stage right now. However, I think the Pacers would be in the Top 10.

It seems like a couple years ago the Pacers were stuck in between rebuilding and trying to make the playoffs, and I think the Kings were doing the same thing for a bit as well. That's why I mentioned both teams. I think the Pacers made the playoffs 9 straight years, and the Kings made it 8 straight years. And now both teams are trying to re-tool their rosters and get back to where they once were. They are very similar.

dwiduck
02-11-2009, 10:21 PM
I think Phoenix and The Clippers should be at the top of the list. Every year the Suns just sell one of their draft picks to stay under the luxury tax, i.e. Nate Robinson, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Fernandez....

bctgg27
02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
It is right that the Suns are on the list. They were always close to winning it all but never made that final move to put them over the top. The Bobcats should be on this list because they never put another real big man with Emeka. They had the chance to take Brook who would have definitely complimented Emeka but went for a pg instead.

DerekRE_3
02-11-2009, 10:29 PM
It is right that the Suns are on the list. They were always close to winning it all but never made that final move to put them over the top. The Bobcats should be on this list because they never put another real big man with Emeka. They had the chance to take Brook who would have definitely complimented Emeka but went for a pg instead.

The Bobcats are heading in the right direction. Remember they are 5 years into being an expansion team, it takes awhile. They have made some very good trades this year. The J-Rich trade was genius, and the Vlad trade is looking great, he had 13 points in his debut and 21 points tonight (hit 5 3's) and he hasn't even practiced with the team yet. And as far as the DJ Augustine/Brook Lopez situation goes...

The last three games for Augustine (he missed 2-3 weeks with an injury):
27 points 6 assists
17 points 3 assists
24 points 5 rebounds 4 assists 0 Turnovers

His assist numbers may not be eye popping, but keep in mind the Cats also have Boris Diaw and Felton as their primary playmakers. In the offense, Augustine is one of our shooters, and he does a great job taking the ball to the hole despite being undersized.

And as far as finding a guy to compliment Okafor, they found the perfect guy in Boris Diaw. Diaw may not be a Center, but Okafor's game matches that of a traditional Center anyways, not a Power Forward. Diaw has done wonders for Emeka's offensive game.

Drtino
02-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I think Phoenix and The Clippers should be at the top of the list. Every year the Suns just sell one of their draft picks to stay under the luxury tax, i.e. Nate Robinson, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Fernandez....

That's true... I see where you're coming from.
I was amazed that the Analyst saw Phoenix as a team that was mismanaged and you have added another good reason...

jrodmesche
02-11-2009, 10:31 PM
suns

hotpotato1092
02-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Knicks are definitely on top, not even close.

big game hunter
02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
1. Knicks
2. Knicks
3. Warriors
4. Suns
5.Clippers

The Knicks were so mis managed during the Isiah era they deserved 2 spots. The warriors are notorious for giving out big deals to overrated/ shi--y players...Foyle, Dunleavy, Murphy, Maggette, Jackson (I like the guy but the new contract is ridicilous)

Drtino
02-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Congratulations Ari Horing.. for being a guy who can't stand arguments without facts and who, ironically, wrote an argument without any facts that point towards the Bull's having been mismanaged. It's nice that you raised two questions.. not so nice that you failed to answer either (and yes, those questions can be answered).. and even less impressive that either question has anything to do with mismanagement. But I'll humor you and answer one of them. If you want more answers you'll have to get off your lazy *** and do the research yourself.

Why didn't the Bull's trade for Kobe Bryant? Because he wasn't on the trade block you fkn moron.

Kobe Bryant was indeed on the trade block and the Bulls just didn't want to give up good players for him....maybe a matter of getting another set of players which could've made the team competitive after a a Bryant trade or getting one/two or more teams involved with a multi-player deal... or making the Lakers take a different offer, could've made this trade more optimistic to Bryant avoiding his personal veto on the exchange... I can see that the Bulls might've come with different suggestions... but at the end the offer was there (on the table) No team was able to capitalize, although the Lakers were making these negotiations with the Bulls and mostly with the Bulls.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3082513

juggla53
02-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Theres no way the kings should be on that list, they had a great team for a good amount of time that simply got old... dureing those years they werent getting many high draft picks so there wasnt alot of oppertunity to add young talent, and in the past few years the lottery hasnt worked out their way. Kevin Martin is a very good player and if they get a top three selection that will be far into makeing them good again.

Drtino
02-11-2009, 11:22 PM
I don't think the Kings did that bad... but after Webber, they just haven't done good trades that made this team a contender again.

I do agree that they're rebuilding, but who knows maybe this year they could get a good draft pick... I would put the Clippers over the Kings' spot myself... but then again.

isuk
02-11-2009, 11:22 PM
The Bobcats are heading in the right direction. Remember they are 5 years into being an expansion team, it takes awhile. They have made some very good trades this year. The J-Rich trade was genius, and the Vlad trade is looking great, he had 13 points in his debut and 21 points tonight (hit 5 3's) and he hasn't even practiced with the team yet. And as far as the DJ Augustine/Brook Lopez situation goes...

The last three games for Augustine (he missed 2-3 weeks with an injury):
27 points 6 assists
17 points 3 assists
24 points 5 rebounds 4 assists 0 Turnovers

His assist numbers may not be eye popping, but keep in mind the Cats also have Boris Diaw and Felton as their primary playmakers. In the offense, Augustine is one of our shooters, and he does a great job taking the ball to the hole despite being undersized.

And as far as finding a guy to compliment Okafor, they found the perfect guy in Boris Diaw. Diaw may not be a Center, but Okafor's game matches that of a traditional Center anyways, not a Power Forward. Diaw has done wonders for Emeka's offensive game.

Ya I agree now that they got Larry Brown they are going in the right direction. Where you get that sick sig bro.

Drtino
02-11-2009, 11:39 PM
The Bobcats are not doing that bad either, they just traded Morrison and got Radmanovic who's eagered to play for a team that would give him the opportunity.

IndyRealist
02-12-2009, 12:01 AM
What, no Pacers? :smoking: Glad to know that we've been doing alright, relatively.

Granted, the brawl was out of management's control, but the brought in the knuckleheads, and then backed them instead of trading their butts away immediately. We traded away Al Harrington, brought him back, then traded him again. We traded away draft pick after draft pick to keep above water instead of blowing up the team and starting over. We gave Jermaine O'Neal his ridiculous contract.

Pacers Draft History:
2007 - Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Al Horford, Jeff Green, Spencer Hawes, Thaddeus Young, Al Thorton, Rodney Stuckey, Nick Young, Sean Williams, Marco Belinelli, Wilson Chandler, Rudy Fernandez, Morris Almond, Aaron Brooks all came out and, oh yeah, the Pacers traded away their draft pick. To get Al Harrington back. So we could trade him again.

2006 - We drafted Shawne Williams at #17 ahead of Renaldo Balkman, Rajon Rondo, Kyle Lowry, Jordan Farmar, and Sergio Rodriugez.

2005 - Was a gimme, we got Danny Granger. No one should have messed that one up at #17. (Ahem, *cough* Toronto *cough*)

2003 - Hey look at that, no draft pick in the class with Lebron, Melo, Bosh, Wade, Kaman, Hinrich, TJ Ford, Luke Ridnour, David West, Boris Diaw, Travis Outlaw, Leandro Barbosa, and Josh Howard.

djeller1139
02-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Clippers and Warriors.

Warriors are my team, and I think any Warrior fan will be the first to say that our management has just done horribly as of recently. We signed an expensive guard this offseason (Maggette), extended another expensive guard (Jackson), traded a PF (truly an SF) for ANOTHER expensive guard (Crawford) - all after signing Monta Ellis to a lucrative deal in the offseason. That is 4 guards making between 8 and 11 million this season.

We don't have a true PF, we are involved in these rumors which have us sending every young talent we have (Biedrins/Ellis, Randolph/Wright, Bellinelli, etc.) for an expensive PF who would probably be too hard to extend, and would leave soon after.

And then we also turned down a deal of Baron Davis for Maggette and Williams (according to someone on our forums..)

Warriors management had us in the playoffs upsetting the number 1 seed 2 years ago, had us at 48 wins last season, and this season has us in the gutters and falling fast.

GSW fan
02-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Warriors #1

shortlunatic
02-12-2009, 12:39 AM
I agree the Bulls are mismanaged, bt once again, the Kobe rumor really just was a rumor. I think even if Pax wanted it, they wouldnt have gotten it. Second, we traded for Wallace, so how is it you think that we were responisble for his contract signing??

Drtino
02-12-2009, 12:44 AM
I agree the Bulls are mismanaged, bt once again, the Kobe rumor really just was a rumor. I think even if Pax wanted it, they wouldnt have gotten it. Second, we traded for Wallace, so how is it you think that we were responisble for his contract signing??

It wasn't a rumour, both teams did talk about it and they put their cards on the table, it just didn't go thru...

Drtino
02-12-2009, 12:47 AM
What, no Pacers? :smoking: Glad to know that we've been doing alright, relatively.

Granted, the brawl was out of management's control, but the brought in the knuckleheads, and then backed them instead of trading their butts away immediately. We traded away Al Harrington, brought him back, then traded him again. We traded away draft pick after draft pick to keep above water instead of blowing up the team and starting over. We gave Jermaine O'Neal his ridiculous contract.

Pacers Draft History:
2007 - Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Al Horford, Jeff Green, Spencer Hawes, Thaddeus Young, Al Thorton, Rodney Stuckey, Nick Young, Sean Williams, Marco Belinelli, Wilson Chandler, Rudy Fernandez, Morris Almond, Aaron Brooks all came out and, oh yeah, the Pacers traded away their draft pick. To get Al Harrington back. So we could trade him again.

2006 - We drafted Shawne Williams at #17 ahead of Renaldo Balkman, Rajon Rondo, Kyle Lowry, Jordan Farmar, and Sergio Rodriugez.

2005 - Was a gimme, we got Danny Granger. No one should have messed that one up at #17. (Ahem, *cough* Toronto *cough*)

2003 - Hey look at that, no draft pick in the class with Lebron, Melo, Bosh, Wade, Kaman, Hinrich, TJ Ford, Luke Ridnour, David West, Boris Diaw, Travis Outlaw, Leandro Barbosa, and Josh Howard.

Just by getting themselves rid of Jermaine O'neal... The Pacers did something good and probably the analyst didn't put them in the top 5 list...

Jermaine was just a drag... look at Toronto now.

shortlunatic
02-12-2009, 12:49 AM
It wasn't a rumour, both teams did talk about it and they put their cards on the table, it just didn't go thru...

To me in order for it b more than a rumor, a team needs to make a serious offer and another team reject it...Once that happens, its been more than a rumor, bt i honestly believ the bulls had no chance of landing Kobe

SJSHARKIES
02-12-2009, 01:01 AM
Kings shouldn't be on there. How have they mismanaged? Sooner or later players have to move on. Webb got injured, never regained his form, so he was traded. Some retired, others moved on to other teams. Mismanagement is a owner making dumb decisions, like trading talent away. Ex: Gasol for Brown and draft pick. Pretty stupid move on Grizzles part.

Giaps
02-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Yep as a Knick fan I will admit it's the Knicks. That was the Isiah era though and this year and on they will be one of the best managed teams.

Drtino
02-12-2009, 02:06 AM
To me in order for it b more than a rumor, a team needs to make a serious offer and another team reject it...Once that happens, its been more than a rumor, bt i honestly believ the bulls had no chance of landing Kobe

We all know what rumour is ... I don't need to give a definition to make it susceptible to someone's understanding.

This case, the scenario was laid on the table and the Bulls were on the losing side of the deal... but that was what it took to get Kobe and unfortunately the team rejected it... and which team was that: The Bulls... and actually they had a 50% chance as long as they would've made other trades to keep them competitive...

Pitty'09
02-12-2009, 02:11 AM

I used to think that... Till the horrible trades, bad coach choices, then bad releases of coaches, then more bad trades, then all the players not haveing any heart, all loss of that kings comradory. OH then ticket prices raising for 5 all those years while play got worse, talent got worse, no new arena. I love em, but i hate em.

gcoll
02-12-2009, 02:13 AM
I agree on the Clippers being part (if not top of the list), but I guess what they are seeing is that they haven't made the right moves after the trades didn't seem to work during the season...

Clippers should've made the list either first or second...

I am probably a bit surprised that Pheonix has made the list... Yikes.

Mostly due to the draft picks.

Our team would have selected Andre Iguodala....but traded that pick to the Bulls. They picked Luol Deng.

For that pick, we got another pick and cash. We traded that pick for cash eventually....which became Rajon Rondo. (He sucks...but still).

We also traded the draft rights of Rudy Fernandez for.....cash.

We've also traded role players for....nothing much. Kurt Thomas, Tim Thomas, James Jones, Eddie House. We've let a lot of players go because we simply did not want to pay them. Joe Johnson would also probably fit in that category, as well as Quentin Richardson...although we traded him for Kurt Thomas. Still...I would have rather kept Q.

Drtino
02-12-2009, 02:33 AM
Mostly due to the draft picks.

Our team would have selected Andre Iguodala....but traded that pick to the Bulls. They picked Luol Deng.

For that pick, we got another pick and cash. We traded that pick for cash eventually....which became Rajon Rondo. (He sucks...but still).

We also traded the draft rights of Rudy Fernandez for.....cash.

We've also traded role players for....nothing much. Kurt Thomas, Tim Thomas, James Jones, Eddie House. We've let a lot of players go because we simply did not want to pay them. Joe Johnson would also probably fit in that category, as well as Quentin Richardson...although we traded him for Kurt Thomas. Still...I would have rather kept Q.

If you guys would've had Iguodala in your team, he would've helped your team in getting to the Conference Finals, I think...

And seeing the list of players you have mentioned... makes me sigh and think of the "WHAT IF"...:sigh::sad2::shrug:

gcoll
02-12-2009, 02:37 AM
And seeing the list of players you have mentioned... makes me sigh and think of the "WHAT IF"
With Iguodola, Joe Jonson, Amare, Barbosa, and Fernandez....you have a young core. Even after Nash has to retire.

shortlunatic
02-12-2009, 03:24 AM
We all know what rumour is ... I don't need to give a definition to make it susceptible to someone's understanding.

This case, the scenario was laid on the table and the Bulls were on the losing side of the deal... but that was what it took to get Kobe and unfortunately the team rejected it... and which team was that: The Bulls... and actually they had a 50% chance as long as they would've made other trades to keep them competitive...

where are you gettin your sources from?? that never happened. kobe didnt wanna be traded to the bulls unless deng would be there so he could have a serious run for the finals. with deng outta the deal, there wouldnt have been a good enough offer for the lakers to take. the bulls never turned down a deal because there was never a serious one that could be made. and after all the talk, paxson himself said there was never a deal that was even close to being made. those kobe rumors were nuthn like nothing like the stoudemire situation rite now. if we dont get stoudemire in chicago by the deadline , then the one to blame is indeed paxson.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-12-2009, 03:32 AM
I didn't think the Kings were that bad.

Wizards got it pretty bad.

megrimlock11
02-12-2009, 04:22 AM
the kings are not rebuilding, they are trying to save money by getting rid of all the stars. bibby and artest traded away for nothing, and martin and salmons are still there cause they are cheap. so i say they are more worried about money than winning. not just managment, the ownership sucks.always do your best to win on the court, not you pocket...

Kyle916
02-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Kings aren't mismanaged.

Young talent.

Bunch of cash for 2010.

And a top-3 pick this draft.

Put a veteran coach, and in a few years they will be in good shape (especially with the Suns, Mavericks, Spurs, and even maybe the Rockets nearing an end of their domination in the West).

Drtino
02-12-2009, 04:31 AM
I didn't think the Kings were that bad.

Wizards got it pretty bad.

Yeah, but this was mostly because of injuries, I would assume and not falling into the category of mismanagement.

Drtino
02-12-2009, 04:37 AM
where are you gettin your sources from?? that never happened. kobe didnt wanna be traded to the bulls unless deng would be there so he could have a serious run for the finals. with deng outta the deal, there wouldnt have been a good enough offer for the lakers to take. the bulls never turned down a deal because there was never a serious one that could be made. and after all the talk, paxson himself said there was never a deal that was even close to being made. those kobe rumors were nuthn like nothing like the stoudemire situation rite now. if we dont get stoudemire in chicago by the deadline , then the one to blame is indeed paxson.

I think you just answered your own question...

The source was from ESPN... I have the link on the first pages of this thread, although after your explanation, it might not even be necessary if you don't want to check it.

codes238
02-12-2009, 06:08 AM
how are the clippers not on this list!? its weird how noone has realized that mike dunleavy is absolutely insane and worse than isiah...

shortlunatic
02-12-2009, 06:14 AM
I think you just answered your own question...

The source was from ESPN... I have the link on the first pages of this thread, although after your explanation, it might not even be necessary if you don't want to check it.

well i get wat u mean by it was more than a rumor. i guess in my eyes, since talks like this happen so often, i dnt really count it as negotiation until teams are seriously debating a good deal, n since chicago never really had a good deal to offer, to me it doesnt count as anything more than talk. n my last line about paxson being to blame i meant for stoudemire. this time we KNOW we have the ability to put together a package that the suns would take, especially with TT. Now it just comes down to if paxson is willing to give up the players.

shortlunatic
02-12-2009, 06:36 AM
where in that article did it say anything about a specific package offered by the bulls or the lakers for kobe?? also, the guy who wrote that article is an idiot. how can you really blame anyone for giving ben that contract he was a beast when they signed him. also rose would be able to lift us past the 1st round of the playoffs as early as nxt season if you give him a decent player to go down low. i dnt trust ESPN anywayz, once i read a guy write that they should trade rose because he couldnt make threes

Draco
02-12-2009, 07:11 AM

No. That's not the way it's been described. Inquiries might have been made but that's it. No discussion has been confirmed about Chicago players involved in a trade. The Chicago media reported the end result of these trade rumors is that never was serious interest on LA's part for making a trade.

That's true... I see where you're coming from.
I was amazed that the Analyst saw Phoenix as a team that was mismanaged and you have added another good reason...

Sorry.. Ari Horing or whatever his face is not an "Analyst". He's some kid who contributes to a website.

Draco
02-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Kobe Bryant was indeed on the trade block and the Bulls just didn't want to give up good players for him....maybe a matter of getting another set of players which could've made the team competitive after a a Bryant trade or getting one/two or more teams involved with a multi-player deal... or making the Lakers take a different offer, could've made this trade more optimistic to Bryant avoiding his personal veto on the exchange... I can see that the Bulls might've come with different suggestions... but at the end the offer was there (on the table) No team was able to capitalize, although the Lakers were making these negotiations with the Bulls and mostly with the Bulls.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3082513

Not willing to give up good players is the misinformation that Paxson refers to.

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls general manager John Paxson said that trade talks on Kobe Bryant with the Los Angeles Lakers have ended for now and downplayed the notion that the teams were ever on the verge of a deal.

"There's not a deal done," he said Thursday. "There's not going to be a deal done. All the things that were out there were really unfair to all of us who were trying to do our jobs. The misinformation ... I think gets in the way of the process. It's just such a complicated thing and we kind of put it to rest now."

Paxson said they discussed "parameters," but the sides "never got down to the nuts and bolts of it because there was never a deal to be done. That's the reality of it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3090192

MoBASS
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
1. Phoenix Suns
2. Phoenix Suns
3. Phoenix Suns
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Los Angeles Clippers

No other teams are even close. Suns management kept trading away draft picks to stay under the tax, let Joe Johnson walk, and have no dismantled their championship-contending team.

JJ81
02-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Bobcats!

cheetos185
02-12-2009, 03:51 PM
why isn't the timberwolves on the list

nearyG
02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
knicks, clips, phoenix, charlotte and milwakee

shortlunatic
02-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Not willing to give up good players is the misinformation that Paxson refers to.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3090192

Exactly dtrino...there was never a chance that the bulls could land kobe, that was just a rumor. I dont blame Pax for that, bt i will blame him for the Amare trade

Drtino
02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
where in that article did it say anything about a specific package offered by the bulls or the lakers for kobe?? also, the guy who wrote that article is an idiot. how can you really blame anyone for giving ben that contract he was a beast when they signed him. also rose would be able to lift us past the 1st round of the playoffs as early as nxt season if you give him a decent player to go down low. i dnt trust ESPN anywayz, once i read a guy write that they should trade rose because he couldnt make threes

I know the talks of the Bulls and the Lakers for Bryant never went anywhere, but that doesn't mean they talked about and saw the possibilities, just like you said you shouldn't trust ESPN, but why should you trust the media in its entirety, when there's a good percentage that their sources want to let you hear what they want you to hear... it's still biased.

Nothing against your points... I am only reiterating how can the media may illustrate one thing while there are certainly things that are never mentioned.... something to keep in mind, that's all.

Drtino
02-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Exactly dtrino...there was never a chance that the bulls could land kobe, that was just a rumor. I dont blame Pax for that, bt i will blame him for the Amare trade

I know the Kobe trade was something hard to swallow, when just about every single NBA Team would have to give up one if not two of their stars for Kobe...

They knew that they could get away with it, because ... well, it's Kobe Bryant.... I just think the Lakers never thought in trading Bryant unless they would get two stars for him.

Drtino
02-12-2009, 04:38 PM
why isn't the timberwolves on the list

Because they made trades that gave them talented players to build the team around that core.

DoubleDragon
02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
IMO (nobody's perfect)
and in no particular order:

Clippers
Kings
Wizards
Golden State
Minnesota
(Suns get honorable mention)

Taking into consideration unavoidable injuries, trades, management, etc.

Just an opinion folks

futureman
02-12-2009, 04:49 PM
1. Knicks
2. Bucks
3. Clippers
4. Wizards
5. Suns

Pierzynski4Prez
02-12-2009, 04:51 PM

Uhhhhhhhhh. Who did we trade for Wallace??? Nobody maybe. Because we signed him to a 4 year deal in Free Agency. He signed with us because Pax and Skiles blew him away with that ridiculous offer of 14mil/year. Then immediatley shipped out Tyson Chandler.

shortlunatic
02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh. Who did we trade for Wallace??? Nobody maybe. Because we signed him to a 4 year deal in Free Agency. He signed with us because Pax and Skiles blew him away with that ridiculous offer of 14mil/year. Then immediatley shipped out Tyson Chandler.

Yea that was my bad, i meant to correct myself, but i had this strange idea for some reason that we traded for him.

Drtino
02-12-2009, 05:11 PM

:pity:...
Maybe it didn't work for the Bulls, but Tyson's a good piece for New Orleans because of Paul...

They had to get rid of Wallace's contract and they finally did... the thing is those traded players are doing better with the Cavs because of Lebron...

So I guess Ari Horing is right when he says that "the Bulls need a superstar"... Let's see if Paxson is able to get Amare.

Jonathan2323
02-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Chicago BUlls thei GM has no Marbles. he can never pull the trigger. Also the SUns have been managed badly to.

NYMetros
02-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Warriors.

WSU Tony
02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Timberwolves should make the list.