PDA

View Full Version : Nationals and Dunn have just reached an agreement....

jmtapia
02-11-2009, 03:48 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2009/02/sources_nats_sign_adam_dunn.html

BravoFan3736
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
According to Chico Harlan of the Washington Post, the Nationals agreed to a preliminary two-year deal with Adam Dunn. Nationals GM Jim Bowden drafted Dunn when he helmed the Reds back in 1998.

MLBTR

jmtapia
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
the OF market seems a lot smaller from last night...time to make a move FW. Its now or never. I always thought it was a bad idea to wait this long. Now he has lost some leverage.

jmtapia
02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
lol...same time...

BravoFan3736
02-11-2009, 03:51 PM
lol

jmtapia
02-11-2009, 03:52 PM
i dont really like starting threads....this should teach me a lesson.

BravoFan3736
02-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah I bet Cashman is licking his chops now in geting his ransom from the braves now...Bad day for the FO to lose this much leverage now in the trade market with basically all the viable FA options off the table....

I will bet if a trade does happen it will be sooner than later and if doesn't then we going in to a platooning OF of Diaz/BJones/Anderson/Blanco/Frenchy with Schafer being the wildcard....

Griffey/Anderson plan Z FA options

Luke/Swisher/Nady/Ankiel Trade Options

NickSC07
02-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Time to sell the farm to get Ludwick.

Brave4life
02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Atleast we could have given abreu aand dunn an offer. Dunn also going to be playing 1b for them, which makes sense. The braves needed that 30 homer 100+ rbi guy. This really sucks i really thought we were going to land abreu. With tha kind of money 5-8 mill and giving up no prospects. Now we have to trade for an of which means it will cost us money and talent. I am so ticked off right now. Dunn to the nationals, does anyone know how much dunn is getting paid, because abreu was a steal .

Brave4life
02-11-2009, 04:17 PM
we needed a 25+ homer guy, do the braves really not have 8 mill to spend on abreu and 2 mill on glavine thats 10 mill.

lavell12
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
KJ and prospect for Ludwick. Sign Orlando Hudson for 2yr/8M

Hudson
Escobar
Chipper
Ludwick
McCann
Francoeur
Kotchman
Schafer/Anderson

Klesko
02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
2 years 20 million

http://www.bravesinfo.com/?p=230

BravoFan3736
02-11-2009, 05:09 PM
You got assume that the Manny to the Dodgers deal is basically agreed upon since Dunn mentioned that he was not going to sign till manny does as a Plan B for the dodgers....I bet in the next 72 hours Manny get paid to a 3/75 deal....

ugafan
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Ugh!

jmtapia
02-11-2009, 05:22 PM
2 years 20 million

http://www.bravesinfo.com/?p=230

not bad at all if he plays 1B...

A_Brave_Pack
02-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Faith.

Frank Wren said he was going to fix the rotation, and he has.
Frank Wren said he was going to find a veteran C, and he has.
Frank Wren said he was going to find a LF, and his track record has been pretty good so far, so trust.

Also, FW's trade history with the Braves has been pretty stellar so far:

*RHP Oscar Villareal for OF Josh Anderson --> Advantage Braves
*SS Edgar Renterķa for CF Gorkys Hernandez and RHP Jair Jurrjens --> Braves
*RHP Jose Ascanio for LHP Will Ohman and INF Omar Infante --> Braves
*RHP Joey Devine for OF Mark Kotsay and $5mil --> A's
*IF Willy Aybar for LHP Jeff Ridgway --> Extenuating circumstances but still Rays
*1B Mark Teixeira for 1B Casey Kotchman and RHP Stephen Marek. --> Best of a bad situation but Angels
*C Tyler Flowers, SS Brent Lillibridge, 3B Jon Gilmore and LHP Santos Rodriguez for RHP Javier Vazquez and LHP Boone Logan --> TBD.

So far, Wren appears to be a good judge of talent and gets good return in trades. This gives me faith that Wren will be able to turn around a get our LF without 'overpaying'.

jmtapia
02-11-2009, 05:35 PM
*1B Mark Teixeira for 1B Casey Kotchman and RHP Stephen Marek. --> Best of a bad situation but Angels

So far, Wren appears to be a good judge of talent and gets good return in trades. This gives me faith that Wren will be able to turn around a get our LF without 'overpaying'.

100% Disagree. Braves were lucky to get a Starting 1B out of this situation.

ugafan
02-11-2009, 05:37 PM
100% Disagree. Braves were lucky to get a Starting 1B out of this situation.

How do you disagree, you basically restated what he said.

We got the most value we could have out of an expiring player.

jmtapia
02-11-2009, 05:50 PM
How do you disagree, you basically restated what he said.

We got the most value we could have out of an expiring player.

Exactly so i would side on the side of Braves. If anything the Angels lost out on this trade. Braves lost on the Texas-Braves trade but came up winning on the Braves-Angels trade...

Coach100
02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Bowman (Nats GM) loves his ex-Reds! He has brought in a slue of them.....note none have panned-out, either. (Bowman was the Reds GM before he was in DC)

Let Dunn be the Nats defensive problem at 1B. And let him, Willy Mo, and Kearns (ex-Reds who can't hit over .250) be the staple of a mediocre line-up.

I don't even understand this. The Reds, a not good franchise since the early 90's, thought Lopez, Kearns, Pena, and Dunn were all expendable and not worth the money. But Bowman and the Nats think all these guys are worth something. And on top of that, the Nats haven't even gotten better by adding any of these players.

I am not going to cry over Dunn being gone. In fact I am happy so now I don''t have to listen to everyone asking Wren to sign him. Hudson at 2B and KJ/Diaz platooning in LF would be a way better option IMO. Hudson could lead-off, Esco bat 2nd, KJ/Diaz 7, CF 8. That leave Chipper, McCann, Frenchy, Kotchman in the middle. Isn't great, but better than Zimmerman, Dunn, Kearns, Pena.

BRAVE KID
02-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Didn't the braves already disregard Dunn? It's no surprise they didn't get him, they wouldn't be able to afford what he got anyway. the nats are going to be a pain in the ***, hell they may even compete...sort of..maybe not..well for sure making life hell in the NL east

BRAVE KID
02-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Time to sell the farm to get Ludwick.hope that's a joke.

jmtapia
02-11-2009, 06:31 PM
^^^ me too... something tells me its not though

NickSC07
02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
I would trade Morton/Reyes, Boyer, & Prado for Ludwick.

BRAVE KID
02-11-2009, 06:47 PM
I would trade Morton/Reyes, Boyer, & Prado for Ludwick.humm that reminds me of a similar deal we did with the cards...Wainwright/king/marquis for Drew/marrero comes to mind.

CrippledRam
02-11-2009, 06:47 PM
^As would I, in a second. I'd even throw and A ball guy in there. He's a legitimate 25-30 hr, 75 RBI, .850 OPS, RH Power Hitter who plays neutral UZR OF (and can man CF). Plus he's under control for 3 yrs under MV.

What would we give up? An unproven #5 SP that we have 3 like, a util inf. that we already have Diory ready to take his spot, and a guy who's arm will probably fall off this yr.

Jon93405
02-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Faith.

Frank Wren said he was going to fix the rotation, and he has.
Frank Wren said he was going to find a veteran C, and he has.
Frank Wren said he was going to find a LF, and his track record has been pretty good so far, so trust.

Also, FW's trade history with the Braves has been pretty stellar so far:

*RHP Oscar Villareal for OF Josh Anderson --> Advantage Braves
*SS Edgar Renterķa for CF Gorkys Hernandez and RHP Jair Jurrjens --> Braves
*RHP Jose Ascanio for LHP Will Ohman and INF Omar Infante --> Braves
*RHP Joey Devine for OF Mark Kotsay and $5mil --> A's
*IF Willy Aybar for LHP Jeff Ridgway --> Extenuating circumstances but still Rays
*C Tyler Flowers, SS Brent Lillibridge, 3B Jon Gilmore and LHP Santos Rodriguez for RHP Javier Vazquez and LHP Boone Logan --> TBD.

Don't forget Mark Kotsay for Luis Sumoza.

A guy we were losing in a couple months for a 19 year old OF prospect with speed and power. Pretty good for a deal done in August.

Saltyfan
02-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Don't forget Mark Kotsay for Luis Sumoza.

A guy we were losing in a couple months for a 19 year old OF prospect with speed and power. Pretty good for a deal done in August.

I was actually going to say the same thing. I hope this kid lives up to his potential

A_Brave_Pack
02-11-2009, 10:53 PM
^^^Wow... I can't believe I missed that one. You are very correct guys. I apologize for that omission.

I also agree with you guys about the Tex trade. I love Casey Kotchman. He was tremendous value to get at the trade deadline for a 1B we weren't going to be able to keep.

Again, I am against giving up anything more than Prado and maybe Boyer or another MR for any OF at this point, especially Ludwick. Don't get me wrong, I like Ludwick.

I think that he could be a good fit, but I am always leery of trading for a guy coming off one great season. Remember, we managed to get Hudson and Charles Thomas was an integral part of that deal. And need I remind everyone how great of a pickup Dan Kolb was for the Braves coming off an All-Star season with the Brewers? ;)

ugafan
02-11-2009, 10:55 PM
hope that's a joke.

^^^ me too... something tells me its not though

People forget we were offered Ludwick for Johnson and we said no.

jmtapia
02-12-2009, 02:43 AM
humm that reminds me of a similar deal we did with the cards...Wainwright/king/marquis for Drew/marrero comes to mind.

Similar in the pieces SP/RP/throw in but not in the quality. Wainwright had a track record with the Braves minor league system and Morton just came out of nowhere and has really had really one great season in the minors.

THE_FLASH_21
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
The Braves should go after Orlando Hudson.. and Move Kelly to LF is an option...

BravoFan3736
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
The Braves should go after Orlando Hudson.. and Move Kelly to LF is an option...

Not enough money to sign Hudson... he probably at least cost 6Mil+ if not more...

THE_FLASH_21
02-13-2009, 02:03 PM
^well we're gonna pay alot in money and prospects to get Swisher or Nady...

rtgthree
02-13-2009, 05:06 PM
^well we're gonna pay alot in money and prospects to get Swisher or Nady...

I think Nady's probably off the table, but Swisher is significantly better than Hudson.