PDA

View Full Version : H-O-R-S-E Field Set

hotdogbun
02-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Three chosen to play H-O-R-S-E

Rookie of the Year Kevin Durant and O.J. Mayo, a favorite for this season's award, highlight the field for a H-O-R-S-E competition during All-Star Saturday night.

Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson is the other competitor in TNT's special event, the network announced Tuesday. Johnson will play in the All-Star Game, while Durant and Mayo were selected for the rookie challenge.

The contest will take place outdoors at the NBA's All-Star Block Party on Saturday in Phoenix before TNT televises the All-Star Saturday night festivities.

If a player makes a shot in H-O-R-S-E, the next competitor must make the same shot or receive a letter. A player gets an 'H' for his first miss and is eliminated once he has all five letters of the word.

Players will have 24 seconds to execute their shots, and an NBA referee will rule if they're done properly. Dunking won't be allowed.

SOURCE: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2009/news/story?id=3896766

weh i wanted kobe,lebron and wade/cp3

grkmaster
02-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Thats not a bad cast all imo... First time event, at least they went with known names and potential stars!

WSU Tony
02-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Trick Shots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GFGPqdpEAk)

Practice Shots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z2sFmrR7bc)

I'm flabbergasted Love wasn't voted into ANY of the all star events. This is seriously ridiculous. How long will it take the rest of the league to realize he's going to average a double double this year?

lakers4sho
02-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I wanted Kobe, LeBron, or Kevin Love in there.

jcheefness23
02-11-2009, 02:25 PM
yeah, Lebron for sure

Nikolishin
02-11-2009, 02:28 PM
they should have put kevin love in instead of joe johnson. pretty good cast for it but love SHOULD be in there

mitch91
02-11-2009, 02:34 PM
did lebron not get beat at a game of horse by some guy? or did i dream that? lol

mitch91
02-11-2009, 02:37 PM
nope not my imagination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKX6jd540ro

chicagowhitesox
02-11-2009, 02:44 PM
i thought someone said ben gordon was gonna be in it. that's dissapointing.

GoatMilk
02-11-2009, 02:59 PM
its not even an NBA event though. its TNT's
They probably will be wearing whatever they want rather than team colors > _>
not that it matters, i'm just saying

thesparky33
02-11-2009, 03:09 PM
This was the NBA's opportunity to get Kevin Love in the all-star weekend, and they blew it for the 2nd time. He was obviously a great candidate for this competition, yet they overlook him like they have a grudge against the Timberwolves organization or something.

I heard that NBA.TV was going to shoot a mini-documentary of Kevin Love while he was at All-Star Weekend, but they had to cancel it since the NBA shafted him from being in the Rookie game... what a bunch of idiotic assistant coaches.

Fire&Ice2&33
02-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Ima love to see this...Didnt they say you couldnt dunk r something?

MTone8788
02-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Trick Shots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GFGPqdpEAk)

Practice Shots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z2sFmrR7bc)

I'm flabbergasted Love wasn't voted into ANY of the all star events. This is seriously ridiculous. How long will it take the rest of the league to realize he's going to average a double double this year?

I don't think they were considering his potential of averaging a double double when choosing for horse...

McJoe
02-11-2009, 03:40 PM
This was the NBA's opportunity to get Kevin Love in the all-star weekend, and they blew it for the 2nd time. He was obviously a great candidate for this competition, yet they overlook him like they have a grudge against the Timberwolves organization or something.

I heard that NBA.TV was going to shoot a mini-documentary of Kevin Love while he was at All-Star Weekend, but they had to cancel it since the NBA shafted him from being in the Rookie game... what a bunch of idiotic assistant coaches.

I dont get it. I havent watched much basketball at all this season but tell me why Kevin Love should be a part of all star weekend?

NBA Rookie Report Rankings: 11th
PPG among Rookies: 12th
RPG: 1st
BPG: 13th
double-doubles: 2nd

nvm he should probably at least be in the game...even though he isnt scoring like the other bigs

jrodmesche
02-11-2009, 03:47 PM
lol why is everyone so upset kevin love didint make all star weekend hes not doing that great on a not great team mario chalmers didint make it you dont see the heat fans whining and moaning ad what the hell is love a pf gonna do thats that interesting and fun to watch

thesparky33
02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I dont get it. I havent watched much basketball at all this season but tell me why Kevin Love should be a part of all star weekend?

nvm he should probably at least be in the game...even though he isnt scoring like the other bigs

If you look at just points scored, then no need to even think that Love is any good. He is the arguably the best all-around rookie right now, because he does every intangible, and is already one of the best rebounders in the entire league, let alone rookies, and IMO is already the best offensive rebounder in the league (currently 5th, with only 23 mpg).

He doesnt score a lot, mostly because he isnt getting a lot of minutes (he will now though), and he doesnt get plays ran for him, unlike Rose and Mayo, who are the #1 or #2 options on their teams.

MTone8788
02-11-2009, 03:50 PM

Check the link in the one guy's post in this thread, he makes alot of trick shots.