PDA

View Full Version : Jackson on MJ v. Kobe

Kevj77
02-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Jackson said this recently, "They're two of a kind competitively," he said. "Kobe's probably a better outside shooter, Michael a better post-up player."

Earlier this season I also heard him comment on their hands, although I can't find the exact quote. He said the main difference was Jordans hands, he called them mits. He said Kobe has small hands, but they are good hands.

I think MJ was better defensively, but Kobe is no slouch when he wants to defend. MJ was the better player nobody will deny that. They are both ultra competitive. They are comparable though.

In the end its MJ for sure. There is only one player that you can debate might have been as good as MJ and that is Magic, but that is apples and oranges. Its still always interesting for me to hear Jackson and his take on it.

sp1derm00
02-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Jackson said this recently, "They're two of a kind competitively," he said. "Kobe's probably a better outside shooter, Michael a better post-up player."

Earlier this season I also heard him comment on their hands, although I can't find the exact quote. He said the main difference was Jordans hands, he called them mits. He said Kobe has small hands, but they are good hands.

I think MJ was better defensively, but Kobe is no slouch when he wants to defend. MJ was the better player nobody will deny that. They are both ultra competitive. They are comparable though.

In the end its MJ for sure. There is only one player that you can debate might have been as good as MJ and that is Magic, but that is apples and oranges. Its still always interesting for me to hear Jackson and his take on it.

PJ or Mark Jackson? Michael Jackson?

If it was PJ, aside from the quote, the rest was only your opinion on Kobe vs. MJ right?

GregOden#1
02-11-2009, 08:34 AM
PJ or Mark Jackson? Michael Jackson?

If it was PJ, aside from the quote, the rest was only your opinion on Kobe vs. MJ right?

Someone got offended pretty quick.

madiaz3
02-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Someone got offended pretty quick.

:confused:

nyybronxborn
02-11-2009, 09:08 AM
mj hands down not even close , bird is closer then kobe as the best player ever

Hellcrooner
02-11-2009, 09:40 AM
The Only players worth having a debate against Jordan are Magic (my option), O Robertson, Kareem and Wilt.

Kobe or Lebron MAY get into the conversation but still arent there.

Draco
02-11-2009, 10:13 AM
The Only players worth having a debate against Jordan are Magic (my option), O Robertson, Kareem and Wilt.

Kobe or Lebron MAY get into the conversation but still arent there.

Kobe will never get into that conversation because Bird and Jordan had better careers through age 30. It's not just about the ring count, it's the entire body of work and career to that point. Everything MJ and Bird did after 30 only widens the gap.

Raidaz4Life
02-11-2009, 10:21 AM
and the Kobe Haters come out to play.... I think you can very easily compare the two... Jordan and Kobe have always had a very similar style of game... being the youngest person to reach 23,000 points is nothing to scoff at

bartlett2266
02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Kobe never won without shaq MJ would win with me on the floor, kobe is a great player but there is no comparison

JordansBulls
02-11-2009, 10:31 AM
:pity: