PDA

View Full Version : Gonchar May Return for Saturday's Game!!!!

joba2007
02-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Penguins Notebook: Gonchar might return for Saturday game
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Sergei Gonchar was on the ice a half-hour before the Penguins' practice at Mellon Arena began yesterday.

He took passes from conditioning coach Mike Kadar, threw lots of pucks at the net and was bumped into the boards more than a few times.

Gonchar then joined his teammates for a fast-paced workout and never looked out of place.

He looked, in fact, a lot like a guy who nearly is ready to claim a place in the lineup.

"He looks good in practice," coach Michel Therrien said. "He's getting closer and closer. He's got jump."

But Gonchar won't be in uniform when San Jose visits Mellon Arena tonight.

He will have his surgically repaired shoulder examined today, but already has been ruled out of the game against the Sharks.

Gonchar has been consistently noncommittal about targeting a game in which to make his 2008-09 debut, but there is an undercurrent of optimism in the organization that, barring a setback, he could be in uniform as early as Saturday night, when the Penguins will visit Toronto.

Great news!!!! :clap:

ShaunRiching9
02-11-2009, 08:25 AM
thank god hopefully he will spark us and get us on a run

jzelenda
02-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Good, I picked him up on my fantasy team, hoping for immediate results!

Fingers crossed.

J13Cox8
02-11-2009, 10:52 AM
good move jzelenda. WE NEED GONCH. this man is what made our PP what it was (obviously not this year)

SidTheKid
02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar has been cleared to return to the lineup by doctors and his return to the lineup is imminent. However, he will not play Wednesday night in the Penguins' matchup with the San Jose Sharks at Mellon Arena at 7:30 p.m.

"It’s going to be day by day; it depends on how I feel," Gonchar said. "(The doctor) cleared me to play. He said my shoulder was doing well. He’s happy with the progress we’ve made over the last month since the last time I’ve seen him. He checked out my shoulder from different angles and everything is working well."

Gonchar, who has missed the entire the season after having surgery Oct. 2 to repair cartilage and ligament damage in his left shoulder, will make the final decision on when he will return.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=408793

Much needed return :clap: