View Full Version : Rumor: Mavs turned down Clippers offer

ugafan
02-10-2009, 10:56 PM
It was just on ESPN:
B-Diddy and Kaman
for
Kidd

Thoughts?

ANd There's probably another thread on this, so you guys can rape me for this.

EDIT:

Yeah, Clippers, my bad.

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Do you mean Clippers?

*Superman*
02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
WTF, the Mavs so should have done that if its true.

YEah it is the Clips.lol.

elnino9
02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
talent wise this would be a huge steal for the mavericks IMO. I really like kaman when healthy and baron is a proven point.

however dallas obviously doesnt want to take those salaries for the years to come.

*Superman*
02-10-2009, 11:05 PM
talent wise this would be a huge steal for the mavericks IMO. I really like kaman when healthy and baron is a proven point.

however dallas obviously doesnt want to take those salaries for the years to come.

True, Dallas needs to rebuild ASAP too.

LayZbone
02-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Man...if the clips want cap relief that bad, i'm tempted to say throw those 2 at the Heat for Marion. Obviously it takes the Heat out of the running in 2010, and having B-Diddy for 5 years puts a hamper on the development of Chalmers. I've always liked Baron Davis though. Kaman and Beasley could be a great frontcourt for many years.

josquad
02-10-2009, 11:12 PM
davis hasn't played upto his contract yet. i wouldn't be taking that on. but did you hear cuban the other day say he would make the kidd for harris trade 100 out of 100 times again..... come on now mark, lets not be stubborn

Testaverde16
02-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Another stupid Mavs move.

IRUAM #21
02-10-2009, 11:15 PM
How dumb

still1ballin
02-10-2009, 11:16 PM
worse trade ever

SouljahPhil...
02-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Clip fans will chase their Gm if he did this trade...maybe if they include howard and some picks Clips will do this.......

elnino9
02-10-2009, 11:18 PM
davis hasn't played upto his contract yet. i wouldn't be taking that on. but did you hear cuban the other day say he would make the kidd for harris trade 100 out of 100 times again..... come on now mark, lets not be stubborn

hahaha yeah i heard that too. what a load of bulls**t.

Young2Kinsler
02-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Kaman has been seriously hurt most of this season, Baron Davis is always hurt, and Kidd is finally playing like he should in Dallas. I would date this deal for the Mavs. I think Kidd will resign here for a decent price this offseason, Dallas just needs to find a younger scoring SG. I like B-Diddy, but he's too injury prone for me. Altho Kamans deal is over soon, B-Diddys contract is a cap killer.

JRisdabest
02-10-2009, 11:24 PM
as a diehard clippers fan i hate the baron

Chicagofaithful
02-10-2009, 11:26 PM
They didnt do that? Id give them d rose for that! They are so stupid!!!

Lakers09
02-10-2009, 11:26 PM
i hate that overpaid players contracts stay the same when they are traded...with a new team you should have to sign a new contract worth what you are at that point in your career. obviously make guidelines so its fair but the NBA could make it work

Kyben36
02-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Suprising, but It nice to hear that Kaman is avalible.

Young2Kinsler
02-10-2009, 11:41 PM

You my friend are the stupid one. None the less, Kidd has this teams offense really running well since he took over the majority of the play calling duties. He's even scoring more lately, which we have to get with Terry out. Dallas needs to trade for some one who can score from the SG position. Trading Stacks contract is the most likely thing to happen.

FaceDown91
02-10-2009, 11:47 PM
wow. if mavs did this i think baron would be back to his old self (mentally) since he would be on a much better team and kamen at center would have completed the mavs team and competed hard in the playoffs.

well the owner is mark cuben so its no surprise here.

thedfactor
02-11-2009, 12:02 AM
wow. if mavs did this i think baron would be back to his old self (mentally) since he would be on a much better team and kamen at center would have completed the mavs team and competed hard in the playoffs.

You have no clue what you are talking about. All you're seeing is two big names in a trade for Jason Kidd. On paper it looks like a steal for the Mavericks, but in reality it's not. Baron Davis' physical stability and long term contract is the biggest issue here. As Y2K stated, an actual Mavericks fan who knows what he's talking about, Dallas' need right now isn't a new starting PG, but rather a real scoring threat each night at SG.

As for Chris Kaman, sure I would love to have him on the Mavs but at the expense of Jason Kidd and the addition of Davis' unwanted baggage...No thanks.

How can you spell Cuban wrong?

Young2Kinsler
02-11-2009, 12:05 AM

Clueless.

#1Mavericksfan
02-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Davis and Kamen contracts are bad just bad plus both those guys are injury prone incase anybodys cares....smart move by Cuban to turn the deal down I want a shot at Wade or Bosh in 2010 Davis and Kamen would blow any chance of that.

td0tsfinest
02-11-2009, 12:17 AM
if its true why wouldn't they have done it. Jason Kidd is aging and though he puts up decent numbers, he's not going to make Dallas a championship contendor.

thedfactor
02-11-2009, 12:18 AM
I can't find anything about this offer. Any links or sources?

LayZbone
02-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Davis and Kamen contracts are bad just bad plus both those guys are injury prone incase anybodys cares....smart move by Cuban to turn the deal down I want a shot at Wade or Bosh in 2010 Davis and Kamen would blow any chance of that.

so does everyone else. good luck in the bidding war. too many teams are putting all their hope on signing lebron, wade or bosh in 2010. wouldn't it be awesome if they all re-signed?

Young2Kinsler
02-11-2009, 12:43 AM
so does everyone else. good luck in the bidding war. too many teams are putting all their hope on signing lebron, wade or bosh in 2010. wouldn't it be awesome if they all re-signed?

I agree. I don't like the mindset of waiting for 2010, when this FA class isnt bad at all. But this deal we are discussing doesnt help us.

LayZbone
02-11-2009, 12:46 AM
I agree. I don't like the mindset of waiting for 2010, when this FA class isnt bad at all. But this deal we are discussing doesnt help us.

its always a risk when you trade for big contracts/injury prone players. this is a scenario where the reward can be great, as you are getting waaaay more value in terms of talent. definitely a gamble though.

Sport
02-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Thats a pretty lopsided deal IMO.

JordansBulls
02-11-2009, 12:50 AM
It was just on ESPN:
B-Diddy and Kaman
for
Kidd

Thoughts?

EDIT:

Yeah, Clippers, my bad.

Why the hell would they turn that down?

lakersrock
02-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Wait, DALLAS said no?!?!?! What an idiot Cuban is.

Baron
Terry (when he comes back)
Howard
Dirk
Kaman

Why would he say no to that?

audiosway
02-11-2009, 01:09 AM
if its true why wouldn't they have done it. Jason Kidd is aging and though he puts up decent numbers, he's not going to make Dallas a championship contendor.

Right...:rolleyes:

Kidd is still a top 5 PG. He is listed as #2 by ESPN and several other places. He's still got it.

Also, it's easy to say no to that deal. Both players are made of glass and Baron Davis has no heart. The only thing big about B Davis is his name and his contract.

Torque
02-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Why did Dallas turn the trade down? That would've been a steal for them

Sixerlover
02-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Nah. Dallas would have gotten two very injury prone players who are locked into long deals for a gigantic expiring contract. I can understand why they said no.

thedfactor
02-11-2009, 02:28 AM
This deal was definitely the Clippers realizing their season has been over and that signing Baron Davis was a mistake. They wanted Jason Kidd not for what he brings to the table but rather his $21 million off the books. LA only wanted to unload the bad contracts to Dallas thinking Cuban would possibly jump at the offer initially because it looks tempting on paper. This is why Marcus Camby wasn't involved and Kaman was, Camby has a short contract which expires soon. The Clippers would have had Kidd and I think Camby off the books and started adding to a team with Thorton, Gordon, and I'm guessing Zach Randolph who is a bit older but still under 30. So yes the Mavericks correctly rejected.

Lone Maverick
02-11-2009, 03:06 AM
This deal was definitely the Clippers realizing their season has been over and that signing Baron Davis was a mistake. They wanted Jason Kidd not for what he brings to the table but rather his $21 million off the books. LA only wanted to unload the bad contracts to Dallas thinking Cuban would possibly jump at the offer initially because it looks tempting on paper. This is why Marcus Camby wasn't involved and Kaman was, Camby has a short contract which expires soon. The Clippers would have had Kidd and I think Camby off the books and started adding to a team with Thorton, Gordon, and I'm guessing Zach Randolph who is a bit older but still under 30. So yes the Mavericks correctly rejected.

Bingo :nod:

SJSHARKIES
02-11-2009, 03:22 AM
I would accept that in a heartbeat if I was Dallas. Just further proves the point that JASON KIDD IS THE MOST OVERRATE PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY ALONG WITH T-MAC.

SJSHARKIES
02-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Baron Davis is having a bad season, but he's not in the right system. Dallas would be a nice fit because they are a running team. Kaman is a very good center. I don't understand.

BlondeBomber41
02-11-2009, 03:32 AM
If this is NBA Live then you accept that deal but you dont win a championship on paper, and the reality of that deal is you add two players with big contracts who have had injury problems their whole career.

They are both really good players healthy, but thats not nearly as much as it should be. Especially Baron Davis, who even when healthy is prone to not being a very smart basketball player. He is spectacular at times but other times is stupid and has poor shot selection.

As a Mavs fan I would be intrigued to see how our team played with those guys, but I am perfectly content with it not happening.

We will have money to spend on a big time free agent in two years, while still having Dirk, Kidd, Bass, Dampier, Terry and possibly Howard for that guy to play with. Add the fact that Dallas is a place any player would wanna play due to the fan support and the way they are treated by the organization, and the Mavs have a legit shot at landing a pretty good player.

The Dirk Nowitzki, championship contending era of basketball in Dallas is not necessarily over if the right moves can be made, and I dont think this one is that move.

djeller1139
02-11-2009, 03:43 AM
The Mavs must be 100% ******** to NOT except that deal. I mean, that deal easily puts them back into contention. I guess the Clippers have really soured on Baron Davis to be offering him AND their caveman of a center for just Jason Kidd? Pathetic. Mavericks are dumb as hell to reject that.

arlubas
02-11-2009, 05:44 AM
If this has even a hint of truth in it then the Clipps GM deserves to get shot. Why don't they package Al Thornton and Eric Gordon in a deal for Juwan Howard while they're at it?

arlubas
02-11-2009, 05:46 AM
I would accept that in a heartbeat if I was Dallas. Just further proves the point that JASON KIDD IS THE MOST OVERRATE PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY ALONG WITH T-MAC.
Were you even around when Kidd was tearing up the league for almost a decade?

king4day
02-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Surprising. This would buy the team some time to develop Barea while still getting over 50 wins a year.
Guess they really want that 20 mil off the books at years end.

Dirk4theW1n
02-11-2009, 11:38 AM
This is not a steal an any way.
1.Dallas would be picking up bad contracts
2. baron davis is always injured
3. jason kidd has this offense playing at a very high level
4. this team needs a proven SG who can get to the basket....Wright has been playing well of lately and might be a viable answer

lakerboy
02-11-2009, 12:15 PM
I honestly don't think Cuban would say no to this deal. The guy is not stupid!

There's probably not much truth to this rumor reported by ESPN.

mrblisterdundee
02-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Jason Kidd is not worth those two players.

Seventh King
02-11-2009, 12:33 PM
they didnt do that? Id give them d rose for that! They are so stupid!!!

wtf?

MJ-BULLS
02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
they didnt do that? Id give them d rose for that! They are so stupid!!!

wtf

_Sn1P3r_
02-11-2009, 05:53 PM
I would've done it if I was Dallas. :shrug:

Kakaroach
02-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Well, I would have done it if I was Dallas. Get a solid bigman and the PG of the future.

Nets fan 93
02-11-2009, 06:18 PM
B-diddy=PG of the furture?

DLeeicious
02-11-2009, 06:44 PM

wtf?

Young2Kinsler
02-11-2009, 07:13 PM

Huh? I'm lost. Being one of the greatest PG to ever play the game means you are over rated? Hmm thats weird. As for this deal... Barons contract is HUGE and would restrict Dallas from doing anything in the near future. Kaman is hurt, not as often as Davis, who is the NBA's glass-man. He breaks all the time. Kidd is running this offense great right now, and while I don't think this Mavs team as it is now can win anything this season, this trade doesn't put us any closer. Baron is a ball hog, jacks up bad shots, and shoots a TERRIBLE %, no thanks to this trade.

KB24PG16
02-11-2009, 07:29 PM
i asume that b-diddy is baron davis... why did the mavs not do this

McPeak92
02-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Mavs would be stupid to trade Kidd's big expiring for Barons terrible contract

McPeak92
02-11-2009, 07:45 PM
although a Nowitzki-Kaman team germany front court would be sick

ugafan
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I still can't find a source, but if you search it, it's on tons of different forums.

ChitownbullsBG7
02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I think it was Baron and Camby.

And Cuban said he didnt do it because his team was playing well.

Atleast that is what they said on NBA Coast-to-Coast

JJ_JKidd
02-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Why the hell would they turn that down?

Trading Kidd means that Cuban admits that the Kidd-Harris trade was a failure. Its his pride that keeps him from trading Kidd. That simple.

Overrated? Yeah MTFU dumb. Overrated when the league is all about Derrick ROse, D-Will and CP3...Overrated when so many people put him ahead of Steve Nash when Kidd led a team of scrubs to the Finals, not once but twice, whilst Nash had his All-Star team not even see the NBA Finals...Yeah call that overrated...Maybe when you have the time to see Kidds profile at Wikipedia or any other basketball related site then you will STFU...

^^ Agreed Kidd is old, but he was great when he was at his prime.

The deal looks good on paper... Injuries aside, it would be stupid if the Mavs turn this down but...

1. These players are often injured
2. They have some bad bad contracts
3. Cuban's pride is on the way (Kidd-Harris trade)...

ugafan
02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I think it was Baron and Camby.

And Cuban said he didnt do it because his team was playing well.

Atleast that is what they said on NBA Coast-to-Coast

It was Kaman.

Spurred1
02-11-2009, 10:55 PM
My feeling is that Kaman's injury is probably more serious than the Clips are letting on. But he is out with injuries often and so is Davis. Davis can't be the Mavs pg of the future since he's not that young and has the body of an older man. His contract is nothing short of hideous.
Sure,they would get a big man in Kaman, but one that breaks down frequently, which does nothing in the long run for the team. I'm not saying these guys aren't talented, but this trade would be horribly risky for the Mavs-what do you want to bet that these guys would promptly get injured playing for the Mavs? I can see why Cuban would pass this offer up.

Drtino
02-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Why trade two injured and/or injury prone players for Jason Kidd????

Don't see the point to this....:confused:

SJSHARKIES
02-12-2009, 12:55 AM

Yes I was, he had pretty good players around him at the time too. Kenyon Martin, Kieth Van Horn, Richard Jefferson, Lucas Harris. At the time these were very good players. Plus he was in the east which suckeed monkey ballz. The talent pool now is much more tougher.

SJSHARKIES
02-12-2009, 12:56 AM
J-Kidd=overrated, a very good player but overrated.

LakerzDQ
02-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Why trade two injured and/or injury prone players for Jason Kidd????

Don't see the point to this....:confused:

serious? Kaman is a legit C who can rebound, defend, and score. and he's played with dirk in the german team already, they can work well together.

and Baron Davis is a pointguard who can do alot. Not as reliable as Kidd, but flashier and younger.

Young2Kinsler
02-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Kaman, good piece to trade for, Davis, terrible. So do you trade a great expiring for Barons contract? NO WAY

tc2deuce
02-12-2009, 11:33 AM
wow! I really hope that is not true!

Dirk4theW1n
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
J-Kidd=overrated, a very good player but overrated.
in what way...please do explain

king4day
02-12-2009, 02:51 PM

I'm struggling to understand that one too.:confused:
I haven't seen any posters backup the claim either.

SJSHARKIES
02-19-2009, 01:26 AM

He cannot score, yes he is a great at rebounding, passing and playing D, but when your team needs a big shot don't turn to J-Kidd. Better PG:Nash, Paul D-Williams, Billups, Rose, Harris, Jason Terry. Jason Kidd couple years back with the Nets was great but people forget he had great players around him too. If you want to be considered one of the best players you have to do it from both aspects of the game Defense and Offense. J-Kidd offense is terrible.

Young2Kinsler
02-19-2009, 01:30 AM
Dude, you are so wrong, it isn't even funny. Kidds scoring has dipped later in his career, but who didn't? He still has a career avg of 14 PPG, and since Terry has gotten injured, he has started to score more, WHEN NEEDED. He dropped 23 tonight, and to say he can't hit a big shot... he's hit many big 3's this season...shooting 40% from behind the arc

BenWin
02-19-2009, 01:45 AM
Dude, you are so wrong, it isn't even funny. Kidds scoring has dipped later in his career, but who didn't? He still has a career avg of 14 PPG, and since Terry has gotten injured, he has started to score more, WHEN NEEDED. He dropped 23 tonight, and to say he can't hit a big shot... he's hit many big 3's this season...shooting 40% from behind the arc

Not to mention that 3 he hit against my bulls to put the game in overtime and eventually win the game and another tough bulls loss :mad:

BenWin
02-19-2009, 01:49 AM
He cannot score, yes he is a great at rebounding, passing and playing D, but when your team needs a big shot don't turn to J-Kidd. Better PG:Nash, Paul D-Williams, Billups, Rose, Harris, Jason Terry. Jason Kidd couple years back with the Nets was great but people forget he had great players around him too. If you want to be considered one of the best players you have to do it from both aspects of the game Defense and Offense. J-Kidd offense is terrible.

His offense is terrible? you do realize that offense isn't all scoring, right? and as for big shots the one i mentioned about the 3 he hit against the bulls was HUGE, unfortunately

thedfactor
02-19-2009, 02:06 AM
You guys SJSHARKIES is a hockey fan, his opinion on Kidd is going to be ridiculous. A statement of "Jason Kidd's offense is terrible" tells me enough. I'm not going to argue with whatever he posts because its just irrelevant.

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 02:06 AM
It was just on ESPN:
B-Diddy and Kaman
for
Kidd

Thoughts?

EDIT:

Yeah, Clippers, my bad.

Well the Mavs should have done that deal. That makes them contenders again.

Baron
Wright
Howard
Dirk/Bass
Kaman/Dampier

BenWin
02-19-2009, 02:14 AM
You guys SJSHARKIES is a hockey fan, his opinion on Kidd is going to be ridiculous. A statement of "Jason Kidd's offense is terrible" tells me enough. I'm not going to argue with whatever he posts because its just irrelevant.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Spurred1
02-19-2009, 02:30 AM
Well the Mavs should have done that deal. That makes them contenders again.

Baron
Wright
Howard
Dirk/Bass
Kaman/Dampier

No, it may not make the Mavs any better. Baron is injury prone and hasn't been very effective at all this year. Kaman has been out for a extended period of time due to a foot injury. So we would be trading Kidd for two players-one is currently injured for the long term, and the other has been hurt on and off this season and hasn't been playing well so far...That does not make the Mavs contenders at all.

SJSHARKIES
02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
say what you want I still think he is overrated. I know offense isn't every thing, but one big shot doesn't mean nothing against the Bulls. Back in the day the talnet pool was weak.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Are they stupid or something?

Kaman
Dirk
Howard
Terry(when healthy)
Davis

would make a sick lineup

Cavs_Fan24
02-19-2009, 07:20 PM
The Mavs could've had a huge upgrade there, but I'm sure Mark Cuban said no because he doesn't wanna get dissed for trading away a future star PG (Devin Harris) for an older more washed up one. That's what would've happened if he traded Kidd IMO.

SJSHARKIES
02-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Plus the offense Mavs play fits Davis style perfectly. Davis will put up numbers like he did with Warriors.

josh81589
02-20-2009, 12:06 AM
would of been a good deal if they were both healthy

thedfactor
02-20-2009, 12:20 AM
^perhaps but also if davis' contract wasn't so hefty, its too much for what he's worth.

sw33trag3
02-20-2009, 12:32 AM

Please omit "IMOs" We know it's your opinion