PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Bodden

JMDTM
02-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Now i know he sucked this year. Theres a good reason why. Millen, as we know is not a very smart man. He traded the lions best dlineman for a good man coverage CB, but must have forgot the lions dont run a man coverage system. The cover 2 set Bodden up to fail, and after that dreadful season, the Pats could be looking at a very good CB for very cheap. His stats are crappy but last season he recorded these stats in the man coverage system:

Tackles 88.
Interceptions 6(for 75 yards combined).
Passes Deflected 15.
thats in 16 games.

Chad Johnson has stated that bodden is the best pure coverage man he has ever faced. now i dont know what to think of this, coming from Johnson but he never gives anyone credit, so maybe thats a plus.

all i know is you get a good guy, to replace the crap on the roster.

Thoughts??

griff141
02-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I doubt it because we don't run a man to man defense either. I'm not sure how well he'd do in our zone defense. Never know tho.

JMDTM
02-10-2009, 09:18 PM
i really didnt know what pats ran, but i thought it couldnt be worse then having old crap on the roster, and maybe with the coaching there, they can help him out

poppa12645
02-10-2009, 09:43 PM
If he is cheap why not give him a shot. He should be familiar with the defense we run (Romeo Cornell) and that is where he had the best success

J-E-T-S
02-11-2009, 01:52 AM
The Pats run a man-cover defense. if you mean zone then thats a Tampa-2 which I know BB doesnt run. I think he will come cheap and may be enticed by BB and his body of work

Valleyfella
02-11-2009, 08:59 AM
The Pats have to do something at corner. Hobbs is average at best, Wheatley and Wilhite will be improved but no better than Hobbs at this point and no rookie taken in the draft is going to come in and be an improvement in his first year. They need to sign someone through free agency or roster cuts and although Bodden isn't ideal, I think he's about as good a corner as we can expect given the salary cap situation.

In an ideal world, Brady will be ready and a top flight corner will be part of the Cassel deal.

kbjohnson26
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't think Bodden will come cheap. I think he will garner some attention and if he does come over it will be because of his chance to win.

JMDTM
02-11-2009, 06:48 PM
or you guys can go balls out and throw everything at asmougha. put him on a winning team. guy cant be stopped

poppa12645
02-11-2009, 07:15 PM
I dont think we have cap space for asmougha and something like 20 of our players are free agents after the 09 season so hopefully we can get some new contracts done soon

Super.
02-11-2009, 07:21 PM
i dont think we can get asmougha unless he takes a pay cut (next to impossible)

we're going to have to settle for something lesser IE McFadden or Bodden

BTownTeamsRKing
02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
i like the idea if thats wat 85 says

Ewagner
02-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Can we stop talking about aso in every thread? He’s not coming to New England. I like Bodden. I think he fits into the system perfectly. I can see him being one of those quiet signing that end up being huge. I.e. Welker or Vrabel

MossIsBoss
02-13-2009, 03:58 AM
I wish they'd go after him, but there are also some other guys that wouldn't be bad. Sam Madison was cut, and depending on how healthy Rodney Harrison is or if he comes back go after Dwight Smith or Sammy Knight

poppa12645
02-13-2009, 04:27 PM
knight will be 35 and madison will be 34 by the beginning of next season we need talented youth in the defense not old *** men. We could conceivably get four or more good season out of Bodden