PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Bobcats Trade Brewing?

JakeDelbreezy
02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
ESPN.com has a story indicating a trade may be brewing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3897431

JakeDelbreezy
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Seems the key figures are Raymond Felton, Sean May and Nazr Mohammed to the Pacers for Jamaal Tinsley, Jeff Foster and a third player (Brandon Rush, Stephen Graham or Marquis Daniels).

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 07:55 PM
That third player better be Brandon Rush.

JakeDelbreezy
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm just a little concerned about the money we'd be taking on. Tinsley has a bad contract and Jeff Foster's isn't much better. Although Foster would be a huge upgrade over Nazr, Tinsley would be a downgrade to Felton. Basically we're swapping Nazr's money for Tinsley's money and taking on Foster's deal. I guess the key would be the third pieces. Obviously Sean May isn't going to be around and probably isn't going to offer much...so if we got Rush, I'd be mildly happy with the deal.

Just think if this deal went down only Ajinca, Augustin, Wallace and Okafor would be left from our original 15 man roster that begin the season....ahh, LB loves change.

JakeDelbreezy
02-10-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm also curiously thinking if LB dusted off Sean May and gave him some PT last night as a "dress rehearsal" for a trade?

homestarunner93
02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
If we get Rush, this is a great deal. Otherwise, neither of the other two "third players" are too enticing.

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm also curiously thinking if LB dusted off Sean May and gave him some PT last night as a "dress rehearsal" for a trade?

Eh it's possible, but Juwan Howard didn't suit up so it could have been that. He only played 7 minutes, and didn't get a rebound, assist, or point...so if it was to showcase May...May didn't show much.

Of course maybe Brown was trying to showcase him, but he was so worthless and fat he decided to take him off the court before GM's noticed he was playing.

homestarunner93
02-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Trade probably isn't going down, per Rick Bonnell. I don't feel like going to the Charlotte Observer website, but he blogged about it.

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Trade probably isn't going down, per Rick Bonnell. I don't feel like going to the Charlotte Observer website, but he blogged about it.

Good news. I want us to keep both Felton and Augustine....at least for now. The best thing the Bobcats can do is just wait till Raja and Wallace get healthy, and let our guys continue to immerse themselves in Larry Brown's system.

JakeDelbreezy
02-11-2009, 08:27 AM

Here's the link..

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/02/feltonfortinsley-deal-no-given.html

Lakers09
02-11-2009, 04:43 PM
felton is on fire

homestarunner93
02-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Here's the link..

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/02/feltonfortinsley-deal-no-given.html

Thanks for covering my laziness.

DerekRE_3
02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I think we should just keep both of them...

With about 10 min left in the 2nd quarter...
Augustine has 13 points, and Felton has 8 points, 4 boards, and 5 assists.

I love it.

uncblue2332
02-12-2009, 09:29 AM
thank god that was a terrible trade

off topic....how do you quote someone in your post?

JakeDelbreezy
02-12-2009, 10:06 AM
off topic....how do you quote someone in your post?

At the bottom right of each post there is a button that you can hit labled quote. It will pull that person's comments into the reply editor and you can go from there...

If you want to quote an outside source just copy the comments and paste them into your comments editor and while it's highlighted you can wrap quotes around it by clicking on the quote button, which is one of the icon's at the top of the editor. On mine it's to the left of the pound sign..

to add the link from that outside source click on the icon that looks like a small earth and put your link in there...

Hope I got all that right and it helps.

below is a link that will help you out if you want to reply to multiple post's at once...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=Quote&match=all&titlesonly=0

king4day
02-12-2009, 11:30 AM
At the bottom right of each post there is a button that you can hit labled quote. It will pull that person's comments into the reply editor and you can go from there...

If you want to quote an outside source just copy the comments and paste them into your comments editor and while it's highlighted you can wrap quotes around it by clicking on the quote button, which is one of the icon's at the top of the editor. On mine it's to the left of the pound sign..

to add the link from that outside source click on the icon that looks like a small earth and put your link in there...

below is a link that will help you out if you want to reply to multiple post's at once...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=Quote&match=all&titlesonly=0

I've been on the site for almost 4 years and didn't know that... I was just typing it out each time :o

uncblue2332
02-12-2009, 06:55 PM

thanks

shonk688
02-12-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm a pacers fan I dont like this trade. I think its just us trading each others junk.

Thorough-Eye
02-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Hear me out,
Guys, I'm new to the blog, but have observed your post for quite some time. I happen to have seen every home Bobcats game from their birth at the old arena. As of now, were less than a week from the deadline, and not one trade rumor involving our "leader/franchise cornerstone" Emeka Okafor. I, for one, believe he is the most overrated post player in the entire league, and is a roadbump to our future success. All haters are welcome to challenge this notion with the "he's one of the best rebounders/defenders in the league". This is only half true. Riddle me this, when have we been able to call on Emeka late in games, for any given contribution? Never. He may average a double double, but a good bit of those stats are CHEAP. He often scores the most meaningless points, and what I mean is chipping in 6 or 8 points in the last minutes of games when were down by 10 or more. Look up the stats, better yet, look up his Hollinger per. I have never seen a player more offensively handicapped than Okafor. He gets credit for being a great defender when he's really not. He's a shot blocker that can't guard more athletic players, and is a liability around the perimeter. My advice is put him on the block. I know we won't, but we should. Wanna know why Gerald gets hurt all the time? IT'S BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY PLAYER ON OUR TEAM THAT SCARES OTHER PLAYERS, IF HE GET'S HOT, OTHER TEAMS BULLY HIM, WITH NO RETALIATION. What did Meck do the other night when Bynum gut checked Wallace? He looked around like he had a high iq. We need somebody who is a threat on both ends of the floor. Hating can commence now, I've got 5 years worth of ammo to give to anyone trying to tell me we need him.

Stoudamire's available... But it won't matter

DerekRE_3
02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Hear me out,
Guys, I'm new to the blog, but have observed your post for quite some time. I happen to have seen every home Bobcats game from their birth at the old arena. As of now, were less than a week from the deadline, and not one trade rumor involving our "leader/franchise cornerstone" Emeka Okafor. I, for one, believe he is the most overrated post player in the entire league, and is a roadbump to our future success. All haters are welcome to challenge this notion with the "he's one of the best rebounders/defenders in the league". This is only half true. Riddle me this, when have we been able to call on Emeka late in games, for any given contribution? Never. He may average a double double, but a good bit of those stats are CHEAP. He often scores the most meaningless points, and what I mean is chipping in 6 or 8 points in the last minutes of games when were down by 10 or more. Look up the stats, better yet, look up his Hollinger per. I have never seen a player more offensively handicapped than Okafor. He gets credit for being a great defender when he's really not. He's a shot blocker that can't guard more athletic players, and is a liability around the perimeter. My advice is put him on the block. I know we won't, but we should. Wanna know why Gerald gets hurt all the time? IT'S BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY PLAYER ON OUR TEAM THAT SCARES OTHER PLAYERS, IF HE GET'S HOT, OTHER TEAMS BULLY HIM, WITH NO RETALIATION. What did Meck do the other night when Bynum gut checked Wallace? He looked around like he had a high iq. We need somebody who is a threat on both ends of the floor. Hating can commence now, I've got 5 years worth of ammo to give to anyone trying to tell me we need him.

First, I'd like to say, welcome to the forums. It's good to see people that have read our posts for awhile join and start posting.

You do make some good points, especially when you point out that Meka doesn't have great post moves and that we can't throw him the ball in the post down the stretch. You are right about that. However, this year especially, he has improved his footwork and moves inside. He has also gotten a lot better at finishing once he makes his post move.

And late in games, the Bobcats have other options to choose from when they need someone to run the offense though. Raymond Felton has been great this year, and is a very good at getting into the lane and either finishing, or finding the open man. With newly acquired Vladimir Radmanovich, Raja Bell, DJ Augustine,Boris Diaw and Cartier Martin, we have guys that Felton can kick it out to when the defense collapses on his drive. We also have Boris Diaw we can run the offense through. He is a very gifted passer from the post and elbow extended, where he can hit cutters for easy baskets. We also have Gerald Wallace, who is a great slasher and is a great finisher. He has also shown this year that he is a willing passer and has found Okafor many times for open dunks when he drives and the defense collapses. He can also get to the free throw line, and this is one area of his game that he has vastly improved. For his career, he has shot under 70% from the line, and this year he is at 80%.

Another thing Okafor needs to improve on is his free throw shooting, which is under 60%. When he gets good position inside, teams can just foul him.

Trading Okafor + filler for Amare though, is not something I'd look into. For once, Amare's post defense is awful. He would really compromise our defense, that has really been coming along this year. A frontcourt of Diaw and Amare is just way too soft. Not to mention that Amare in the past has really hampered Boris Diaw's play.

There's also another dilemma, Amare could end up being a 1 1/2 year rent a player. If we don't win with Amare (which is not a given) and he doesn't like playing here, he will leave. I just don't have enough confidence in Amare's loyalty to trade major pieces for him. And I think the Suns are finding that out as well, as they are having a pretty tough time trading him.

I think the Bobcats needs to let Raja Bell, Juwan Howard, and Raja Bell come back and then see what we have. I think with them back in the lineup, we have a much more talented, cohesive, and deeper team than we did to start the season. And in my opinion, we have a team that can make a run the last 30 games of the year and sneak into the playoffs. If we play the Celtics in the 1st round, we have a shot, because in the past we have played them very tough.

JakeDelbreezy
02-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Hear me out,

First I echo Derek's sentiments in welcoming you to the Bobcats Forum, there have only been a few of us for a while and now a couple of more are joining...before long we'll have 10 regular posters ::clap:

As far as in response to the Post. If you would have written the exact same post at the beginning of the season I would have mostly agreed. But now I only minimally agree. Not that I think your post is bad, you seem educated and have a well formed opinion. But I think Okafor has really shown strides this year with not only the additions of Diaw, Augustin and the improved play of Felton but it seems that Larry Brown has finally placed the emphasis on TEAM Defense as well as consistent offense. Last year the offense was 3 balls from J-Rich and hope for the best. This year they have facilitators in Felton, Augustin and Diaw, which dramactically takes the pressure off of Mek in the post. No one ever proclaimed him to be a force in the paint offensively and it's unlikely he'll progress much more than he has now.....but we all know the highest percentage shots are those taken closest to the basket which are the types of shots Okafor takes. He's a great rebounder, and a decent shot blocker. But now with guys like Raja Bell, Crash and even Felton stepping up his defensive game less is asked of Okafor, yet he's producing more.

As far as Amare, at this point for OUR system (note I said for OUR system) I think Okafor is a better fit than Amare.

homestarunner93
02-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Hear me out,

I understand what you're saying, but Amar'e is so overrated. He doesn't care to do anything but score. He's a horrible defender, much worse than Okafor.

Kakaroach
02-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Dang Larry Brown loves trades lol! Hasn't he already done 3 trades this season? Oh well lol. BTW, Felton is way better than Tinsley.

DerekRE_3
02-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Dang Larry Brown loves trades lol! Hasn't he already done 3 trades this season? Oh well lol. BTW, Felton is way better than Tinsley.

Yes he does, but every trade has made us better, and that is really all you can ask for. And definitely, Felton is better than Tinsley. But it's more complicated than that. Felton could leave after this year, or accept a qualifying offer and then be gone the next. We have DJ Augustine, who has already proven he is good enough to start. MJ has talked about the Felton situation, and has said he wants to keep him, but he is always willing to listen to trade offers. That's probably all the trade rumor was...the Bobcats listening to offers, not putting guys on the block.