PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Felton for Tinsley?

Faneik
02-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Source: Chris Sheridan of ESPN

"The Indiana Pacers and Charlotte Bobcats have engaged in serious discussions on a multiplayer trade centered around point guards Jamaal Tinsley and Raymond Felton, multiple sources told ESPN.com Tuesday

If the deal comes to fruition, the sources said, it would likely include Tinsley, Jeff Foster and a third player (Brandon Rush, Stephen Graham, Marquis Daniels) going to the Bobcats for Felton, Nazr Mohammed and Sean May."

Full Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3897431)

Faneik
02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
same thread poped up at the same time. please merge them.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-10-2009, 06:40 PM
why would charlotte do this?

JOSETHEALLSTAR
02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
i say keep Felton

JordansBulls
02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
This makes no sense.

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 06:45 PM
why would charlotte do this?

They don't want to pay Felton, he's a RFA at the end of the year. DJ has been sick lately...27 points 6 assists, and had 17 points last night. This is after missing 3 weeks.

Testaverde16
02-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't know why nobody thinks Tinsley is good. He was never really a winner, but he was a good player.

stevefrancis
02-10-2009, 06:52 PM
then trade t.j to houston for rafer and then pacers trade rafer for crap or just waive him

hotpotato1092
02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Bobcats are getting butt raped up the butt.

BHBrad
02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Tinsley has talent, he's just worn out his welcome in Indy. It's one of those cases where maybe he just needs a change of scenery. Yeah, he's a risk but I guess the Bobcats are worried about keeping Felton. And they'll pretty much just be swapping Nazr Mohammed's bad contract for Tinsley's bad contract with some other players involved to make the trade a mutally beneficial one.

Gup
02-10-2009, 06:58 PM
is this a joke? haha

Jonathan2323
02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
this is why the Bobcats sux.

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 07:06 PM

Actually, before Gerald Wallace got hurt, they had won 5 out of their last 6 games and were on their way to being a playoff team. Then they had Raja Bell, DJ Augustine, and Gerald Wallace hurt. When they get healthy...watch out.

Chateamsfan
02-10-2009, 07:39 PM

We just got into the league in 2004. Give us a break!:mad:

still1ballin
02-10-2009, 07:41 PM
:drunk: = Michael Jordan

king4day
02-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I like the deal if they can get Rush as the third player. Foster is a tough body inside too. This isn't a bad deal. Certainly better than the Felton for Earl Watson and Diop deal a month ago.
Man if this happens, it'll be 4 trades for the Cats since Brown took over.
He's torn this team apart.

EAGLES3658
02-10-2009, 07:43 PM
That would be terrible.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't understand. Tinsley is a punk, and has 3 years at like $24 million if I am not mistaken. Why wouldn't they just let Felton walk this summer if they are so confident in DJ? I think you can get an insurance PG for less than $7.5 million a year, and that one probably wouldn't brandish weapons at local strip clubs.

cardinals1226
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
This deal sucks for both sides. The Pacers don't need Mohammed when Foster is the same type of player at a cheaper price. Felton would only be an expiring contract to the Pacers, as well as May.

The Bobcats don't need a $6.5 million bench player to back up Augustin when there are cheaper options. Foster is ideal for them, as well as Rush if he's included. I don't see this actually happening because it has very little benefit for either side.

raptor fan
02-10-2009, 09:06 PM
if the deal turns out to be:

Felton + May + Mohammed for Tinsley + Foster + Rush, i think its a good deal for the bobcats. instead of losing may and felton for nothing, they get back a young prospect, and a big in foster. i personally dont see him as being overpaid for his services. also, if tinsley is willing to play, i'd rather have him than mohammed. its not like mohammeds tearing it up anyway. its also a good deal for the pacers seeing how they finally get rid of tinsley and they pick up some pieces for their playoff run.

29$JerZ
02-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I understand the trade. Felton is going to demand a lot of money being an above average PG and they don't want to pay him since DJ is shwoing he is capable of leading this team.

Nazr and tinsley contract are the same so they don't lose much. Also Sean May gets his fat *** out of Charlotte and they get back Foster who is a great rebounder and an average defensive Center.

Roy31
02-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Tinsley is a better scorer than Felton, the rest of the deal is a wash. Foster can help the boobcats. I don't think Rush or Daniels will be included in the deal. Don't see Mohammmed or May helping the Pacers at all.

Trouble87
02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
if the bobcats get Brandon Rush or Marquis Daniels as part of that deal i dont think its that bad of a deal

MJ is shaking up this team for the better

homestarunner93
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
This is a good, not great, deal for the Bobcats if they get Rush as the third player. At this point, its about a wash between Tinsley and Felton. I like Felton going foward, but we can't afford him. Mohammed and May are absolute trash, at least Foster is a decent player. If we also get Brandon Rush, the Bobcats are easily the winners. I don't think it will get done because I don't think the Pacers want Mohammed's contract.

IndyRealist
02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Good for the Pacers: They get rid of Jamaal Tinsley. It'd be worth giving up Jeff Foster and Marquis Daniels. We'd be clearing room down low for Roy Hibbert to take minutes as well, and Brandon Rush to get minutes on the wing.

Good for the Bobcats: Jeff Foster is an upgrade on Nazr, and Daniels/Rush/Graham are all 6'6" SG's, not PG's playing SG like Felton.

Tinsley is a bad contract, but so is Muhommed. If you took those two out of the deal, Indiana would never do it.

homestarunner93
02-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Not happening: http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/02/feltonfortinsley-deal-no-given.html

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Good for the Pacers: They get rid of Jamaal Tinsley. It'd be worth giving up Jeff Foster and Marquis Daniels. We'd be clearing room down low for Roy Hibbert to take minutes as well, and Brandon Rush to get minutes on the wing.

Good for the Bobcats: Jeff Foster is an upgrade on Nazr, and Daniels/Rush/Graham are all 6'6" SG's, not PG's playing SG like Felton.

Tinsley is a bad contract, but so is Muhommed. If you took those two out of the deal, Indiana would never do it.

Felton has played at point guard most of this year. The Bobcats have Augustine and Felton in the backcourt right now because Bell and Wallace are hurt.