PDA

View Full Version : Vladamir disses the triangle

Chronz
02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
"Phil's system, great as it is, doesn't give a role player much opportunity. For Kobe Bryant, it's great. For Pau Gasol, it's great. But role players don't do much.''

Hater or on point? Really what did Vladdog want? Did he think he was braught to LA to be a playmaker? Offensively his most efficient seasons came in LA, he got more oppertunities in LAC or Sea but they were mostly on losing teams.

Lakers4ItAll
02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
This was already posted

king4day
02-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I have no problem with what he said. He didn't rip it, he just stated his opinion. Maybe it's not valid, but in other systems, like in Seattle, he was a stud. The guy turned down what I believe was a 5 or 6 year deal for almost 70 mil at the time, thinking he could get max contract if he continued to play better. That never happend.
So the talent is there. He'll get plenty of minutes as a 'Cat, and I'm sure his numbers will go up again. He seems like a system player that can't play in any variety.

Gibby23
02-10-2009, 05:59 PM
"Phil's system, great as it is, doesn't give a role player much opportunity. For Kobe Bryant, it's great. For Pau Gasol, it's great. But role players don't do much.''

Hater or on point? Really what did Vladdog want? Did he think he was braught to LA to be a playmaker? Offensively his most efficient seasons came in LA, he got more oppertunities in LAC or Sea but they were mostly on losing teams.

He lost focus on D a lot and it seemed like he didn't care. But I also see Vlads side, when he came to LA he was the 3rd best player on the team and they wanted him to be a play maker, but he was always hurt in his first year. Even Kobe called him and told him to come to LA, we sucked back then. Last year we got Gasol and Phil realized he really didn't like Vlad because he would always make stupid mistakes.

Lost Art
02-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Actually, the triangle offense is excellent for role players. The triangle offense moves the ball through the air rather than having one guy pound the ball into the floor. If you watch Lakers games you'd know that the ball isn't dominated by one single player, everyone is involved in play making. Other systems allow one player to dominate the ball much more than PJ's triangle offense. Radman is just bitter because he went from a starter to coaches decision DNP overnight for no apparent reason. If there is anything he should complain about its Phil's rotations.

MiamiHeat
02-10-2009, 06:04 PM
now the Lakers are going to kill the Bobcats next time they play them :p

Hawkeye15
02-10-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm fine with what he is saying, his opinion. Ask Robert Horry, Derek Fisher, John Paxon, BJ Armstrong, for example, what they think. And winning 9 rings with the offense kind of overules one dude who can't stay off a snowboard

Joshtd1
02-10-2009, 06:06 PM
The triangle is good, I dont know what he's talking about. Plenty of times I see Lakers role players getting wide open shots.

DrDEADalready
02-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I can kinda see what he's getting at. But you can't expect to go on the lakers and be one of there number 1 scoring options. that should be common sense.

Chronz
The triangle is good, I dont know what he's talking about. Plenty of times I see Lakers role players getting wide open shots.

Seriously, he had his most efficient seasons in LA, he never got this many wide open shots, I dont know why he feels the need to create for himself when all he has to do is do what he does best. Shoot.

Wilson
Vlad doesn't know what he's talking about. He was asked to be a spot up shooter in the triangle, just like Derek Fisher. Well Derek Fisher is a starter, and a captain, whilst Vlad was just traded. Like I said in the Laker forum, maybe if Vlad had taken the game more seriously, and put some effort in, he might still be a Laker.

YankeeFan89
02-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Lol vlad

ARMIN12NBA
02-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Seriously, he had his most efficient seasons in LA, he never got this many wide open shots, I dont know why he feels the need to create for himself when all he has to do is do what he does best. Shoot.

The problem is that his shot is very inconsistent and when his shot wasn't falling, there was not much use for him and Phil would sit him on the bench. Vlade thinks he can do a lot more than that, which was the reason he was always complaining or frustrated.

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't call it ripping the system...he even said how great of a system it is. I think what he meant to say was that he didn't fit it that well and was glad to get out. No problem with that...Morrison said the same thing about Charlotte, he wasn't a good fit, so he quietly asked to be traded...and he was. No controversy.

JabberJaw
02-10-2009, 06:29 PM
No big deal. I don't know so much about the whole "role players" comment though. Considering his ROLE was to come to the Lakers and be the outside threat, I think he was given plenty of opportunities to play his ROLE. Good luck to him though. I wish him the best. It might be for the best, because he won't be near any ski slopes in Charlotte.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
02-10-2009, 06:34 PM
he kinda has a point

Gibby23
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
he kinda has a point

So what point does he have?

GspLAL
02-10-2009, 06:49 PM

Because he's mad that he was benched all of a sudden.

Kabowdos
02-10-2009, 06:55 PM
He has his own opinion.

I just don't see how you discredit the best team in the league right now on their system. Obviously, it is a great system. Phil has 9 rings. It just wasn't for Vlad, I guess.

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
He has his own opinion.

I just don't see how you discredit the best team in the league right now on their system. Obviously, it is a great system. Phil has 9 rings. It just wasn't for Vlad, I guess.

I guess you didn't read the part where Vlad said it was a great system.

MJ-BULLS
02-10-2009, 08:31 PM
bobcats are going to loose next time the lakers play them

LakeShowRaider
02-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Ur dumb, hes not dissing anyone or the triangle. Hes just speaking his mind. It not like he said the triangle is the worst in the world!!!

Misleading thread title. Close this thread or change the title.

Lakers09
02-10-2009, 09:00 PM
old news