02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/allstar2009/02/10/williams.allstar/index.html

Cavs fans should be happy finally!

MiamiHeat
02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Super.
02-10-2009, 05:47 PM
do we have any height coming off the bench now?

Lost Art
02-10-2009, 05:48 PM
He deserved it. The coaches really messed up putting guys like Harris and Granger ahead of him in the first place :confused:

North Yorker
02-10-2009, 05:49 PM

lol I mean really now. Its not like we're playing Yao or Shaq.
Oh wait...

Goon.Weezy
damm there going to have to play small now. the tallest guy off the bench is gonna be rashard lewis

Wake's Fastball

Rashard Lewis and Danny Granger are the biggest guys coming off the bench. So no, we don't have any height off the bench. Spectacular strategy when going up against a team with a half-dozen seven-footers.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I thought forwards were supposed to replace forwards not guards replacing forwards. But he deserved it I'm not sure about being in front of granger, or devin harris but he deserved it.

Lakers4ItAll
Cavs n Mo should be happy now

Gorgon2k
iguodala deserved this far more the he did... redic. Iggy has him beat in almost ever statistical category. Plus while playing on an inferior team facing more double coverage

Kakaroach
02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Wow this ridiculous lol. CB4 was the center wasn't he? I think Stern messed up this one. I mean, replacing a center with a guard?

bogmon
02-10-2009, 06:03 PM
iguodala deserved this far more the he did... redic. Iggy has him beat in almost ever statistical category. Plus while playing on an inferior team facing more double coverage

You could technically use the reverse logic and say that what Mo Williams is doing is even more impressive because he is the second option on a team with an even more dominant player named Lebron James. Lebron has the ball in his hands ALOT more than Williams.

Winners deserve to make it to the All-Star game. The Cavs are having a very special season and the players should be rewarded for it. Mo Williams has been a huge catalyst for the dramatic shift in quantity and quality of wins in Cleveland.

Faneik
02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
and I just lost a sig bet.

god damn pre-all star injuries!

Chronz
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Shouldve been big Z

Chronz
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
He deserved it. The coaches really messed up putting guys like Harris and Granger ahead of him in the first place :confused:

Mo is no Granger/Harris

ronster
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Isn't it gonna be awkward when he gets there since he raved about it?

YankeeFan89
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Congrats Mo

shortlunatic
02-10-2009, 06:40 PM

I dont agree. The All-Star Game is supposed to be a game with the greatest players from all over the league, not just a collection of the best players from the winning teams

prodigy
02-10-2009, 06:47 PM

No way the west can keep up with the east now. Its gonna be fun to watch...

Lost Art
02-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Mo is no Granger/Harris

Put him on a crappy team, give him as many shots as he wants, let him pound the rock into the floor, and YES he's as good or better than those guys. People don't seem to understand how meaningless it is to put up big numbers on a bad team. The real magic is putting up good numbers on a winning team, which is exactly what Mo is doing.

North Yorker
02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Put him on a crappy team, give him as many shots as he wants, let him pound the rock into the floor, and YES he's as good or better than those guys. People don't seem to understand how meaningless it is to put up big numbers on a bad team. The real magic is putting up good numbers on a winning team, which is exactly what Mo is doing.

You mean a team like the Bucks right.
Oh wait...

JJ81
02-10-2009, 07:06 PM
LeBron can stop moaning now :rolleyes:

ElSerenoBlu
02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
hahah, it'll be funny if he just sucks that day!!!

dee279
02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
The East is gonna get Blowed out now i mean they already had no back up center and the West is starting Stoudemire at SF

Lost Art
02-10-2009, 07:20 PM
You mean a team like the Bucks right.
Oh wait...

He wasn't the main option on the Bucks, he was just a young player coming into his own (although he did put up 17/4/6 while he was there which is pretty much the same as what those other two are doing given his limited number of FGA's). Give him 20 FGA's a game and let him dribble the ball around the whole game and I'm sure he'd put up some pretty eye popping numbers. Of course they'd likely lose as a result (as do Indiana and NJ) but I'm just saying that he could do it. The true stars are the players that can put up those numbers and win while doing it. Big numbers on a bottom of the barrel team are irrelevant. If you are not making the playoffs, you don't matter.

Gup
02-10-2009, 07:29 PM
wow.. that is all

_Sn1P3r_
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Congrats to Mo. I bet LeBron was just like 'Finally!'. East is gon be pretty small, is Rashard supposed to be their back up C?

MAC10TIZZY
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
finally maybe cavaliers fans with stop f'n crying so much, are you happy now cavs fans? the whole league felt so sorry for you guys,that you now have a pitty place on the all star team.......babies

North Yorker
02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
So I bet this means LeBron wll be playing center at some point. It will be cool seeing him play vs Yao and shaq.

still1ballin
02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Wow Bosh injured too? Mo should not be crying anymore.

JIDsanity
02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
He wasn't the main option on the Bucks, he was just a young player coming into his own (although he did put up 17/4/6 while he was there which is pretty much the same as what those other two are doing given his limited number of FGA's). Give him 20 FGA's a game and let him dribble the ball around the whole game and I'm sure he'd put up some pretty eye popping numbers. Of course they'd likely lose as a result (as do Indiana and NJ) but I'm just saying that he could do it. The true stars are the players that can put up those numbers and win while doing it. Big numbers on a bottom of the barrel team are irrelevant. If you are not making the playoffs, you don't matter.

Both of those teams are competing for the playoffs, and like you said he put up the same #'s with the Bucks, so that kills your statement about #'s for players on bad teams (contradictory). Mo is not a 1st option player, and I disagree with you. He may be good, but he is not on their level.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-10-2009, 07:44 PM
I am happy for him, but at this point Z might have been a better choice.

Lost Art
02-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Both of those teams are competing for the playoffs, and like you said he put up the same #'s with the Bucks, so that kills your statement about #'s for players on bad teams (contradictory). Mo is not a 1st option player, and I disagree with you. He may be good, but he is not on their level.

Well, you're also a Nets fan :eyebrow: I'm neither a Nets, Pacers, or Cavs. And Mo put up those numbers as the 2nd or 3rd option on his team (behind Redd and possibly Bogut) while splitting the PG minutes between Bell and Sessions. Mo is a fantastic player any way you slice it.

......and I guess that the Nets are in fact competing for a playoff spot.........but they are still 4 games under 0.500 and might as well pack up for the summer because they have absolutely NO CHANCE of competing out east.

.....and the Pacers are 12 games under 0.500......enough said

kingkobe
02-10-2009, 07:46 PM
finally maybe cavaliers fans with stop f'n crying so much, are you happy now cavs fans? the whole league felt so sorry for you guys,that you now have a pitty place on the all star team.......babies

What a mockery of the allstar game! They should've replaced him with a C/PF.

Now where's the idiots crying about how Lebron got his rebound taken due to complains. Happy now? Lets see what the East All Stars can do w/o a backup C. Not that it reaaaallly matters but still.

They could have put David Lee, Al Horford, Josh Smith, Jamison or even Big Z in instead.

GiantYankKnicks
02-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Should have been Lee but congrats to Mo

JIDsanity
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Well, you're also a Nets fan :eyebrow: I'm neither a Nets, Pacers, or Cavs. And Mo put up those numbers as the 2nd or 3rd option on his team (behind Redd and possibly Bogut) while splitting the PG minutes between Bell and Sessions. Mo is a fantastic player any way you slice it.

......and I guess that the Nets are in fact competing for a playoff spot.........but they are still 4 games under 0.500 and might as well pack up for the summer because they have absolutely NO CHANCE of competing out east.

.....and the Pacers are 12 games under 0.500......enough said

Anyway you try to look at it your tryin to make your comment right, when its already been proven wrong. Mo put up those #'s as the 2nd option and was 1st on most night, because Redd is more injury prone than T-Mac. I've watched him play, he's not better than Harris, or Granger period.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
i'm happy for mo, but how does a pg replace a 6'10 dude

Chronz
02-10-2009, 08:33 PM

You havent been following Mo Williams career much have you

You dont seem to understand how significant it is to put EFFICIENT numbers and carrying your team above expectations. Put Mo on the Nets and theyre record suffers, and Im willing to bet Mo's numbers dont change much.

On the other hand, put Granger on the Cavs and LeBron finally has his Pippen. The Cavs would be MUCH better with either of these 2, lets not forget how much better those 2 are defensively, so yeah your pretty much off base

Chronz
02-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Anyway you try to look at it your tryin to make your comment right, when its already been proven wrong. Mo put up those #'s as the 2nd option and was 1st on most night, because Redd is more injury prone than T-Mac. I've watched him play, he's not better than Harris, or Granger period.

Dont listen to him man, the coaches got it right this time. Mo is a good player but hes not on Devins or Grangers level.

Lost Art
02-10-2009, 09:02 PM
You havent been following Mo Williams career much have you

You dont seem to understand how significant it is to put EFFICIENT numbers and carrying your team above expectations. Put Mo on the Nets and theyre record suffers, and Im willing to bet Mo's numbers dont change much.

On the other hand, put Granger on the Cavs and LeBron finally has his Pippen. The Cavs would be MUCH better with either of these 2, lets not forget how much better those 2 are defensively, so yeah your pretty much off base

I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment. The only thing that has changed with Devin Harris and Danny Granger is that they no longer have a star player on their team and are able to play more minutes and take more shots. Once they start winning ballgames let me know.

Until then, I'll take Mo Williams as an allstar this year since he's doing it on both ends of the court and has been the obvious catalyst for Cleveland's giant leap from afterthought to elite status. He's the better choice, period.

NykbAlla
02-10-2009, 09:45 PM
David Lee screwed once again....He should've replaced Bosh. Mo should've replaced Nelson

Chronz
02-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment. The only thing that has changed with Devin Harris and Danny Granger is that they no longer have a star player on their team and are able to play more minutes and take more shots.
Who is this star player that Granger didnt have last year? His leap is due to tremendous improvements in his game, Devin as well. When players improve they are able to create more shots, you would have a point if they were less effective in these attempts but thats not the case, these guys are the only reason their teams have any shot at winning. This isnt an Al Thornton type scenario where the guy has to chuck to get his numbers and as a result hurts the teams offense.

Once they start winning ballgames let me know.
When they get some help around them they will

Until then, I'll take Mo Williams as an allstar this year since he's doing it on both ends of the court
Well the coaches didnt agree besides Devin and Granger are both better defenders than him so why would you say that BOTH SIDES argument?

and has been the obvious catalyst for Cleveland's giant leap from afterthought to elite status. He's the better choice, period.
WTF they improved because they have more talent overall and LeBron has gotten even better. Mo played a part but hes the same player he was last year. Which was good but not all-star material, put Granger on that team and Bron has someone who can space the floor and defend better.

Mo is good, but hes not in Devin or Grangers class.

Korman12
02-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah, as much as I agree with Williams having a good enough season to make the All-Star game I feel from a coaching perspective that Lee should have replaced Bosh. Williams may have deserved to be on the team more but replacing Bosh's size with the a PG seems ignorant.

The way it looks to me it's as if either side didn't care about winning.

Also for argument's sake - I don't believe only good players on good teams deserve to go to All-Star games. That's favoritism and unjust towards lesser teams.

JordansBulls
02-11-2009, 12:45 AM
At least they got 2 guys in now.

Go Dodgers!
02-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Finally! Good for Mo..

i.got.the.nutz
02-11-2009, 02:03 AM
i was hoping for sasha to get in...