PDA

View Full Version : Antropov on the move.

BluejaysFan08
02-10-2009, 05:08 PM
By now everyone that follows the game knows that Burke ripped Antropov a new one on the radio yesterday, once again I love this guy doesnt skip around it he just comes out and says how he feels.

Obviously hes going to be moved but the question is where and for how much?
Heres his stats.
53 games played
16 goals
22 Assists
38 Points

So he would be basically leading the team right now if it werent for Blakes sudden rush.
So who needs some secondary scoring?
and will he be a top 6 forward? In my eyes no because i find most of his goals are garbage just pitching a tent and camping infront of the net.

So where will he go?
What team is in the hunt for the cup and needs a bit of secondary scoring?
Dallas has alot of injuries right now and needs more scoring with them in the hunt right now and so does NYR.
Not sayin hes going there just brining up some teams.

Thought on it?
Anyone hereactually like Antropov in the future of the franchise?

blujaysrock
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
What do you think we will get for him? Is he worthy of a first round pick?

ShaunRiching9
02-10-2009, 05:52 PM
i heard that pittsburgh might have interst in him:shrug:

T.O.Fan:)
02-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah Pittsburgh's first and you can have him.

Gup
02-10-2009, 07:04 PM
By now everyone that follows the game knows that Burke ripped Antropov a new one on the radio yesterday, once again I love this guy doesnt skip around it he just comes out and says how he feels.

Obviously hes going to be moved but the question is where and for how much?
Heres his stats.
53 games played
16 goals
22 Assists
38 Points

So he would be basically leading the team right now if it werent for Blakes sudden rush.
So who needs some secondary scoring?
and will he be a top 6 forward? In my eyes no because i find most of his goals are garbage just pitching a tent and camping infront of the net.

So where will he go?
What team is in the hunt for the cup and needs a bit of secondary scoring?
Dallas has alot of injuries right now and needs more scoring with them in the hunt right now and so does NYR.
Not sayin hes going there just brining up some teams.

Thought on it?
Anyone hereactually like Antropov in the future of the franchise?

When you're 6'6 where else would you want him? come on dude

B2theRY
02-10-2009, 07:39 PM
they wont get anything for him... he was at an all time high few months back..

I love antropov and I would love to have him here
but ive liked him since day 1.

H-MYK
02-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Didn't somebody put in a link that he and Blake got traded to Anaheim for Chris Pronger a few weeks ago?

Kaptain Kanada
02-10-2009, 11:02 PM
The real sad part of this is that he was the one untradeable piece that the Leafs wouldn't give up waaaaaay back when they were trying for Lindros (when he was still good, not when we actually got him).

fins08
02-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Well, we can take him.

O, no GT so

we have fitting ends to our games. mccabe returns GW in OT

Zednik 1 year to the day of the accident scores GT and GW goals and caps a comeback.

BluejaysFan08
02-10-2009, 11:12 PM
When you're 6'6 where else would you want him? come on dude

So your height limits your ability to play the game well?
I totally agree because Chara is terrible right.

BluejaysFan08
02-10-2009, 11:13 PM
What do you think we will get for him? Is he worthy of a first round pick?

by the end of the season he'll probably have like 50-55 points so ill say a second rounder.

Ragin' Cajun
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM
So your height limits your ability to play the game well?
I totally agree because Chara is terrible right.

I think he was saying that's where you want your big guys, battling in front because they are harder to move out, bigger guys mean less vision for the goalie.

Ragin' Cajun
02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
He won't be with the Leafs after the deadline.. That's pretty well a garauntee, I don't see how you couldn't get a decent prospect for him, I would like to see him and Poni in a package deal for something. They need a top line skilled forward.. Like 2 or 3 of them would be good haha.

ramz.n
02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
he'll get a first rounder or a prospect and a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

McJoe
02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
he'll get a first rounder or a prospect and a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

agreed. The list of teams I've seen interested in him is literally endless...

Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Boston
San Jose
Calgary
Detroit
Vancouver
Montreal
Philadelphia

Thats all I remember off the top of my head lol.

3lite-Raps
02-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Can't wait cant stand this guy i hope we get something like Filitov

jrice9
02-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Why cant you stand andropov considering he is likely our best forward? I want him dealt to for the future but whats wrong with him

BluejaysFan08
02-11-2009, 06:18 PM
aslong as we get a pick or a prospect.

Tito Santana
02-11-2009, 07:06 PM
If Burke wants to get a 1st rounder out of Antropov he'll need to find the most desperate GM in the league who thinks his job is on the line to pull a deal like that. This guy is pretty good, but not that good folks. Lets face it.

Halladay
02-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd put money on him going to Columbus.

LEAFLAND
02-11-2009, 08:08 PM
I believe Antropov will be moved to Detroit or San Jose for a prospect that could be ready to make an impact next year. In Detroit, they have a bulk of young talent on the farm team, such as Jonathan Ericsson and Darren Helm.
Both teams could use that size up front. With Antropov, he has patience when given the puck right in front of the net, and the hands to finish.

leaferlifer
02-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Antropov will not be moved, i just don't think he will warrant a good enough return. Burke's comments were def to try and light a fire under Antropov but i just don't see him raising his value enough to get a good return. The only way antropov is traded is just to get what ever they can for him, if not he goes in the offseason. Either way its his last season in Toronto.

3lite-Raps
02-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Why cant you stand andropov considering he is likely our best forward? I want him dealt to for the future but whats wrong with him

thats not that great of an anchievement being the best forward on the maple leafs.. hes also slow and always gives up on places also doesnt use his size to his advantage

jrice9
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Antropov will not be moved, i just don't think he will warrant a good enough return. Burke's comments were def to try and light a fire under Antropov but i just don't see him raising his value enough to get a good return. The only way antropov is traded is just to get what ever they can for him, if not he goes in the offseason. Either way its his last season in Toronto.
There is no incentive not to trade him. If we dont he walks and if we do we could get a first or at least a good prospect and get worse in the process (go for tavaras). There is no incentive in keeping andropov unless he is part of the long term promise

jrice9
02-11-2009, 08:58 PM
thats not that great of an anchievement being the best forward on the maple leafs.. hes also slow and always gives up on places also doesnt use his size to his advantage
Not much of an achievement but he's still a 20+ goal scorer and a nice solid second or third liner. Yes he's not fast but he does use his size well and is actually underrated imo. Put him with a playmaker (like sundin last year) and he tops 30 goals

leaferlifer
02-11-2009, 09:29 PM
There is no incentive not to trade him. If we dont he walks and if we do we could get a first or at least a good prospect and get worse in the process (go for tavaras). There is no incentive in keeping andropov unless he is part of the long term promise

HAHA you are joking right... A first round pick or good prospect?!? yeah... right... what team would give up a first round pick or a good prospect for Antropov? Why does everyone think he has such high value? Man he is a lazy player that has no commitment to working hard he has all the skill to be great but will never utilize it... We would be lucky to get maybe a 2nd round pick for Antropov, but that i think is even pushing it... If its not worth it the Leafs will just let him go in the offseason and Burke will not waste his time beating down doors to trade him, the Leafs have along list of players they want to move before the deadline and if the trade is not worth it for Antropov don't look for Burke to force something.

jrice9
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
HAHA you are joking right... A first round pick or good prospect?!? yeah... right... what team would give up a first round pick or a good prospect for Antropov? Why does everyone think he has such high value? Man he is a lazy player that has no commitment to working hard he has all the skill to be great but will never utilize it... We would be lucky to get maybe a 2nd round pick for Antropov, but that i think is even pushing it... If its not worth it the Leafs will just let him go in the offseason and Burke will not waste his time beating down doors to trade him, the Leafs have along list of players they want to move before the deadline and if the trade is not worth it for Antropov don't look for Burke to force something.
The thing is Andropov is possibly one of the best available (actually available not like Vinny etc) forwards at the deadline. He;s cheap, productive (score 20 on a terrible team and could score 30) and he is expiring. A contender like Detroit or Washington or even a team like Boston or Pits needs a big guy like him. He will warrant alot of value imo and is arguabally our second best tradeable piece behind Kaberle

leaferlifer
02-11-2009, 09:46 PM
The thing is Andropov is possibly one of the best available (actually available not like Vinny etc) forwards at the deadline. He;s cheap, productive (score 20 on a terrible team and could score 30) and he is expiring. A contender like Detroit or Washington or even a team like Boston or Pits needs a big guy like him. He will warrant alot of value imo and is arguabally our second best tradeable piece behind Kaberle

Even if those teams want, there is no way they want him bad enough to give up a first rounder. He will not get anything better than a 2nd rounder if he is traded I can assure you that.

jrice9
02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Why not Detroit first is what 29th lol and they like finding gems later. He's worth a first to a team that is going to make a cup run if its a second then it will be with a prospect

McJoe
02-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Antropov WILL get traded ON deadline day for either at least a 1st round pick or at least a good prospect. He is the number 1 rental on the market and teams will get desperate. He is a far superior player than Weight or Guerin or Tkachuk if only for the fact that he is still only 28 and you will have an opportunity to re-sign the guy. He WILL get traded.

02-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Antropov WILL get traded ON deadline day for either at least a 1st round pick or at least a good prospect.

I hope you are right but i highly doubt that we will get that, i think his value went down....

BluejaysFan08
02-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Pitt is always willing to give up good stuff for a playoff run.
IE: Esposito and the 2 other guys that are on ATL now plus Armstrong.

02-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah but that was Hossa... and they probably learned from their mistake :)

yahmez88
02-12-2009, 01:02 AM
I think we can get a first for him, there will be a market for him

jaysfan4ever
02-12-2009, 01:09 AM
I think we can get a first for him, there will be a market for him

Hopefully he goes to a borderline playoff team. Then maybe we get the 13th overall pick.

Ragin' Cajun
02-12-2009, 08:36 AM
I'd like to see him go to the Rangers for Dubinsky or something like that

dgilbert
02-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Can't wait cant stand this guy i hope we get something like Filitov
So let me get this right, you can't stand the guy, and can't wait untill he's off of the leafs(points I agree with to a certain extent) But yet your hoping that we get one of the top prospects in the league for him. Come on man. That's like Caralina offering us Tuomo Ruutu for Luke Schenn. I'm with you I hope we can get as much for him as possible, but lets be realistic, we'll most likely get a 2nd rounder for him, at absolute best a very late 1st but I'd be shocked if that happend.

I just want to credit Leaflifer for bringing some realism to this board. I can't believe the trade scenerios that get thrown around here, for the garbage that we don't want on our team anymore.

Gup
02-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Deadline day he will be traded. Remember, GM's go crazy on deadline day

Gup
02-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Maybe a 1st.. maybe a young gun

DrJamesNaismith
02-12-2009, 01:33 PM
This guy being a 3RD line center on a competive team is a stretch. I'm a Leafs fan, but common! A team might give up a late second or a third round pick for this guy, but anything else would be rediculous to expect. Take away his powerplay time, which is exactly what would happen if this guys went virtually anywhere else, and he's a high 20's low 30 point kinda guy. The only thing he has going for him is his size, inflated stats and relative low cap hit. If this guy were to play in a fast paced game, he would be left behind or injured.

MD_Murrelli
02-12-2009, 01:46 PM
The real sad part of this is that he was the one untradeable piece that the Leafs wouldn't give up waaaaaay back when they were trying for Lindros (when he was still good, not when we actually got him).

thats actually not true, he was part of the package, but it was Kaberle that Philly wanted and we would not trade. Good move on our part.

blujaysrock
02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Maybe a 1st.. maybe a young gun

I hope we get that in return

yahmez88
02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Hopefully he goes to a borderline playoff team. Then maybe we get the 13th overall pick.

Columbus fits that

yahmez88
02-12-2009, 05:08 PM
This guy being a 3RD line center on a competive team is a stretch. I'm a Leafs fan, but common! A team might give up a late second or a third round pick for this guy, but anything else would be rediculous to expect. Take away his powerplay time, which is exactly what would happen if this guys went virtually anywhere else, and he's a high 20's low 30 point kinda guy. The only thing he has going for him is his size, inflated stats and relative low cap hit. If this guy were to play in a fast paced game, he would be left behind or injured.

He has talent, he has size and scoring ability put him on a first line and he will put up good points.

Gup
02-12-2009, 05:25 PM
:confused:

you're obviously kidding, right?

blujaysrock
02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
If Antropov was on a better line even with us he would produce IMO, get him with a young scorer and a solid verteran

McJoe
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM

your kidding right?!?! have you LOOKED at his stats?

he only has 10 points on the PP this season and is on pace for just under 60 points and only 14 PPP. That's 46 without the PP in a down year without his set up man Sundin. He would also likely be leading the team in points. Although as I say that it is a down year if he scores 58 points which he is on pace for he will set a new career high in points.

B2theRY
02-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Antropov seems to be catching fire..maybe hes upping his value a little but i doubt it.. he is at best a 2nd line player and for us he is our #1 centre/winger and he plays with bums in poni & stajan.

if im a team i call the leafs for Moore & Blake and play them together... I like moore a lot and it seems like blake plays well with him.

johnbs
02-15-2009, 01:26 AM
Antropov Is One of the guys so is Ponikarovsky

johnbs
02-15-2009, 01:27 AM
If He Doesn't Play his @$$ off He could be gone soon

McJoe
02-15-2009, 10:56 AM
^^its actually the opposite of that. IF he doesnt play his *** off Burke might have to keep them all. Antropov will be gone but if Pony goes into a slump we will be stuck with him.

Gup
02-15-2009, 11:47 AM
^^its actually the opposite of that. IF he doesnt play his *** off Burke might have to keep them all. Antropov will be gone but if Pony goes into a slump we will be stuck with him.

x2

B2theRY
02-16-2009, 10:38 AM
i think a team will take poni he can PK he makes $2M which isnt that much and he is a good 3rd line player.the leafs just expect way more out of him than they should.

jaysfan4ever
02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Antropov seems to be catching fire..maybe hes upping his value a little but i doubt it.. he is at best a 2nd line player and for us he is our #1 centre/winger and he plays with bums in poni & stajan.

if im a team i call the leafs for Moore & Blake and play them together... I like moore a lot and it seems like blake plays well with him.

According to the Fourth Period, the Minnesota Wild, Moore's former team, who btw play a very defensive brand of hockey, are reportedly seeking a top-line centre. Their offensive depth isn't that great either, and have the cap space to take both Moore and Blake, as Gabby's gonna be gone after this season. If we could get a 1st for these two that would be awesome, as it will likely be a mid-round pick.

blujaysrock
02-16-2009, 12:14 PM
According to the Fourth Period, the Minnesota Wild, Moore's former team, who btw play a very defensive brand of hockey, are reportedly seeking a top-line centre. Their offensive depth isn't that great either, and have the cap space to take both Moore and Blake, as Gabby's gonna be gone after this season. If we could get a 1st for these two that would be awesome, as it will likely be a mid-round pick.

That would be fantastic maybe Brayden Schenn if he falls

jaysfan4ever
02-16-2009, 12:53 PM
[/B]

That would be a dream, but we would likely have to trade up for him. Still drafting a guy like MSP and a guy like Brayden Schenn would do wonders for our team.

con_artist
02-16-2009, 01:09 PM
[/B]

Schenn is going top 10 so that wouldn't happen

McJoe
02-16-2009, 01:17 PM
I think Burke will acquire a bunch of picks including a mid 1st rounder and trade it up to get Schenn. Brayden IMO will fall into the 7-10 range.

jrice9
02-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I actually think he may slip farther because his draft status has fallen alot this year because his offensive game looks iffy

con_artist
02-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I actually think he may slip farther because his draft status has fallen alot this year because his offensive game looks iffy

that'd be good for us cuz I see him as a guy Burke would love to get.

I definitely see him trying to acquire a pick in the top 10 to go along with ours so we can get two guys out of the top 10 group (Cowen, Svensson-Paarjavi, Duchene, Kane, Schenn, Kadri, etc.)

jrice9
02-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Islanders won today so theres still hope

con_artist
02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Islanders won today so theres still hope

we only have a 12 point lead on them! woohoo!

But if it ended today, we would be 5th worst and I believe in the lottery for Tavares

yahmez88
02-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Yea that is correct, we would have the chance at the first pick. We still have that period after the trade deadline once we got rid of all our good players and play even worse (hopefully) to get a better chance at the first pick.

H-MYK
02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't think we're going to get Tavares. :shrug:

jrice9
02-16-2009, 09:12 PM
These were the odds last year:
2008 NHL Draft Lottery Odds
Odds of Winning the 2008 NHL Amateur Draft Lottery

The Draft Drawing for the 2008 NHL Amateur Entry Draft will be held Monday April 7th at 8:00 EST. It will be aired on TV on TSN in Canada and Versus in the US, as well as the NHL Network and NHL.com. At this time the Draft Order will be set, and those teams who did not make the playoffs will find out if they have moved up or down in the order.

Teams can only move up 4 spots maximum (ie. only the top 5 teams have a shot at winning the lottery) and drop no more than 1 spot. So whoever finishes last has a 48.2% off winning the draft lotter

Draft Lottery Odds are listed below. (as of April 6th, final standings)

25.0% - Tampa Bay Lightning
18.8% - Los Angeles Kings
14.2% - Atlanta Thrashers
10.7% - St. Louis Blues
8.1% - New York Islanders
6.2% - Columbus Blue Jackets
4.7% - Toronto Maple Leafs
3.6% - Phoenix Coyotes
2.7% - Nashville Predators (via Fla.)
2.1% - Vancouver Canucks
1.5% - Chicago Blackhawks
1.1% - Anaheim Ducks (via Ed.)
0.8% - Buffalo Sabres
0.5% - Carolina Hurricanes

we would have the islanders chance at 8.1% however I could see us falling a couple spots post deadline so having the 14% chance isnt unlikely

Gup
02-16-2009, 09:35 PM
You guys do understand the lottery is one big scam. If it's "actually" a lottery, why dont they pop the balls on camera? think about it

con_artist
02-16-2009, 09:44 PM
These were the odds last year:
2008 NHL Draft Lottery Odds
Odds of Winning the 2008 NHL Amateur Draft Lottery

The Draft Drawing for the 2008 NHL Amateur Entry Draft will be held Monday April 7th at 8:00 EST. It will be aired on TV on TSN in Canada and Versus in the US, as well as the NHL Network and NHL.com. At this time the Draft Order will be set, and those teams who did not make the playoffs will find out if they have moved up or down in the order.

Teams can only move up 4 spots maximum (ie. only the top 5 teams have a shot at winning the lottery) and drop no more than 1 spot. So whoever finishes last has a 48.2% off winning the draft lotter

Draft Lottery Odds are listed below. (as of April 6th, final standings)

25.0% - Tampa Bay Lightning
18.8% - Los Angeles Kings
14.2% - Atlanta Thrashers
10.7% - St. Louis Blues
8.1% - New York Islanders
6.2% - Columbus Blue Jackets
4.7% - Toronto Maple Leafs
3.6% - Phoenix Coyotes
2.7% - Nashville Predators (via Fla.)
2.1% - Vancouver Canucks
1.5% - Chicago Blackhawks
1.1% - Anaheim Ducks (via Ed.)
0.8% - Buffalo Sabres
0.5% - Carolina Hurricanes

we would have the islanders chance at 8.1% however I could see us falling a couple spots post deadline so having the 14% chance isnt unlikely

Thanks for the info. Those odds aren't too horrible and I wouldn't be surprised to see us fall a couple more spots

McJoe
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
You guys do understand the lottery is one big scam. If it's "actually" a lottery, why dont they pop the balls on camera? think about it

If you are right (which I think you are) Tavares will go to the Isles to revitalize the franchise and the Leafs will get the 2nd pick to attempt to revitalize the franchise as well.

GoLeafsGo11
02-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Id be pumped if we got that, Most likely it would be hedman.....Schenn and Hedman....just think about it for a while.

JaysFan87
02-26-2009, 10:07 PM

If you are right (which I think you are) Tavares will go to the Isles to revitalize the franchise and the Leafs will get the 2nd pick to attempt to revitalize the franchise as well.

if both u guys think you are right then the league would give the top two picks to NYI and Atlanta and make the leafs lose a few spots because realistically the leafs are the last team in the league that needs help to revitalize their franshise.

McJoe
02-26-2009, 10:37 PM
^^the Leafs wont carry the league on their back financially forever. If Bettman doesnt help the Leafs he could risk losing his cash cow. The Isles indeed suck but I could honestly see Bettman giving the Leafs the 1st pick.

JaysFan87
02-26-2009, 10:38 PM
^^the Leafs wont carry the league on their back financially forever. If Bettman doesnt help the Leafs he could risk losing his cash cow. The Isles indeed suck but I could honestly see Bettman giving the Leafs the 1st pick.

Yea they wont forever....but there are 10 teams desperate for a star to rebuild their team or risk losing their franchise. If like you say it is fixed....the leafs should lose a few spots in the draft and NYI, TB, ATL should get the top 3 picks....

McJoe
02-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Yea they wont forever....but there are 10 teams desperate for a star to rebuild their team or risk losing their franchise. If like you say it is fixed....the leafs should lose a few spots in the draft and NYI, TB, ATL should get the top 3 picks....

Tampa doesnt need a pick. They have a top 5 player in the NHL along with the top pick from last season. Plus a team can only move down 1 spot according to the current draft lottery rules. Tampa needs to take Jared Cowan and they will IMO if he is there. The Leafs need a star but really they just need a lot of guys.

IMO it is completely feasible to give your cash cow a player. The better the team the more money the Leafs will make next season and the addition of Tavares could bring up ticket sales EVERYWHERE like the Leafs do. The Leafs sell a few thousand tickets extra in each road game imagine if they bring in Tavares.

I was at the Guelph Storm/London Knights game last week. The Storm average around 2,700 per game in their 5,000 seat arena. With Tavares in town that number more than doubled to 4,900 something(for some reason I remember 4,987 but that could be wrong so i will just say 4,900 ish). Making the Leafs a good team gives the league an advantage league wide. Revenues in other buildings, revenues in the playoffs, revenue in jersey sales, revenue everywhere.

jrice9
02-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Tavaras would be hyped like crosby so that if he was in the biggest market the NHL could do many promotional deals revolving around him and he would draw huge crowds (Especially if he is a star early)

JaysFan87
02-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Tampa doesnt need a pick. They have a top 5 player in the NHL along with the top pick from last season. Plus a team can only move down 1 spot according to the current draft lottery rules. Tampa needs to take Jared Cowan and they will IMO if he is there. The Leafs need a star but really they just need a lot of guys.

IMO it is completely feasible to give your cash cow a player. The better the team the more money the Leafs will make next season and the addition of Tavares could bring up ticket sales EVERYWHERE like the Leafs do. The Leafs sell a few thousand tickets extra in each road game imagine if they bring in Tavares.

I was at the Guelph Storm/London Knights game last week. The Storm average around 2,700 per game in their 5,000 seat arena. With Tavares in town that number more than doubled to 4,900 something(for some reason I remember 4,987 but that could be wrong so i will just say 4,900 ish). Making the Leafs a good team gives the league an advantage league wide. Revenues in other buildings, revenues in the playoffs, revenue in jersey sales, revenue everywhere.
K fine even if u want to bring the attendance argument....it would be a hell of lot more advantages for a team liek teh Thrashers to get the number one spot becuase not only would there home attendance rise but their road attendance will rise as well. In toronto, half the time he plays he would not increase attandence because the leafs are sold out every game. In Atlanta, their attandance wll go up and since its an unbalanced sch'd, teams like the Hurricans, Lighting, and Panthers who are prolly in the top 5 of teams liekly to move or fold in the next 5 years. As opposed to Toronto, Ottawa, Montral, Buffalo, and Boston. Regardless of this there is a ton more advantage to have the best players go to markets that are struggling to make ends meet. Even tho u can always go to the Well(Leafs) u can be a bit more patient with them(Leafs) than the SW division

McJoe
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
^^I agree good points.

One thing I would like to add is that I think the best player for the Thrashers is Evander Kane failing them getting Tavares and heres why...

Atlanta is a strong African American community and if you could bring an African American star into that area you could make that area actually embrace hockey. Its a different sport but when Mike Vick came to Atlanta that was huge and the guy was a hero. There have been countless African American stars in that city that is heavily populated by African Americans. An Evander Kane-Ilya Kovalchuk connection in htat city would be huge, boost that city and possibly give it a chance of making it a legitimate NHL market.

imtheman17
02-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Alright, I don't exactly understand the whole revenue sharing thing, but if it's anything the MLB, then having Tavares in a Leaf uni will be gold for the NHL. In MLB, teams do not get all of their merchandise sales, it is divided amonst the teams to help out those that have to use low payrolls. Remember the spike in jersey sales once Crosby entered the league? Think of how many jerseys John Tavares could sell in southern Ontario by plying for the Leafs. If Tavares gets drafted to Atlanta or the Isles are of you honestly gonna buy a jersey? No. Tavares becoming a Leaf is probably the best thing that could happen for the NHL.

cynomatic
02-27-2009, 02:10 PM
The only way Tavares is a leaf is if they team finishes in the bottom 5 and they get lucky and win the lottery

Having Tavares in ATL or NYI could help those markets and draw fan intrest which is what the league needs

B2theRY
02-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Tavares will be an islander i can his name on the jersey.