PDA

View Full Version : Raptors turn down Warriors offer

snow22
02-10-2009, 10:37 AM
wut u guys think about a trade with gs would u guys except this

biedrins & ellis
bosh

biedrins can b r rebounding center while bargs can play pf than we would have a young star slasher in ellis i would except this trade if i new bosh wasnt signin

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Just heard on the FAN590 here in Toronto that the Raptors turned down the offer of Beidrins and Anthony Randolph for Bosh.

If B.C. thinks he can get a better offer he better be right. Perhaps he is holding out for Azubuike or Jackson/Crawford/Maggette? I don't know, but I think Beidrins and Randolph is a good starting point for Bosh.

I want this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2821~2427~378~3455~1977~2010~3 249&teams=28~28~28~28~9~9~9&te=&cash=

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 10:40 AM
theres no way bosh is going 2 GS...if anything, i see bosh in a heat or pistons uniform...

but if the trade did happen, i like biedrin cuz he can rebound and ellis is a good player, but its gonna re start the whole TJ ford and Calderon issue, like who wants to start, and whos gonna come off the bench wit ellis

B2B
02-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Just heard on the FAN590 here in Toronto that the Raptors turned down the offer of Beidrins and Anthony Randolph for Bosh.

If B.C. thinks he can get a better offer he better be right. Perhaps he is holding out for Azubuike or Jackson/Crawford/Maggette? I don't know, but I think Beidrins and Randolph is a good starting point for Bosh.

I want this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2821~2427~378~3455~1977~2010~3 249&teams=28~28~28~28~9~9~9&te=&cash=

I hope in whatever deal we get their pick unprotected

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 10:42 AM
daym wat was golden state thinking...... but id love to see stephen jackson in a raps uni..

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 10:45 AM
daym wat was golden state thinking...... but id love to see stephen jackson in a raps uni..

They offered just Randolph and Biedrins. The salaries don't matchup so I don't know...If you can get them take on Kapono's contract and get back Jackson in the deal I'd love it. Hell I would send them a top 5 protected first rounder if Randolph, Beidrins and Jackson come back here.

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 10:49 AM
They offered just Randolph and Biedrins. The salaries don't matchup so I don't know...If you can get them take on Kapono's contract and get back Jackson in the deal I'd love it. Hell I would send them a top 5 protected first rounder if Randolph, Beidrins and Jackson come back here.

no, i like this years draft.... :Dtehe..lol

but how about we keep bosh, and send the 8th pick to GS for jackson?

Frank Costanza
02-10-2009, 10:50 AM
hell no terrbile offer, only all stars for bosh or dont even try , bc isnt an idiot he can get many many better offers, wouldnt mind if we did send bosh to send him to a team that wont make the playoffs next yr so he will feel bad for abandoment b4 he goes on his free agent speel in '10

HoopsDrive
02-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I'd only remotely consider it IF we can get Ellis, Biedrins and Randolph in a package for Bosh and fillers.

Don Nelson's style optimizes running so a lot of the stats that GS players put up are a bit stacked much like the old Suns team. Straight up Biedrins and Randolph for Bosh is just bad IMO, we can get so much better offers from a legitimate All-Star in Bosh.

The_905
02-10-2009, 10:58 AM
ellis would be playing the 2 guard..

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 10:58 AM
hell no terrbile offer, only all stars for bosh or dont even try , bc isnt an idiot he can get many many better offers, wouldnt mind if we did send bosh to send him to a team that wont make the playoffs next yr so he will feel bad for abandoment b4 he goes on his free agent speel in '10

I think Beidrins is an All-Star caliber player while Anthony Randolph has potential to be top 10. Randolph would be in control for the next 3 seasons while Beidrins for 5. If we get Jackson he'd be in control for 4 and Azubuike for 2 seasons I believe.

That leave the potential starting lineup next year of:
Calderon - Better D behind him will help him out...hopefully
Azubuike - slighty above average defender. Can drive the lane and pop as well. Only 26
Jackson - above average defender
Bargniani - getting better defensively
Biedrins - Gritty European. One of the most defensive minded centers in the league. Will be 23 next year and hasn't hit his prime yet.

Bench:
Randolph
O'Neal
Parker (i think he resigns)
Graham
Ukik
Jawai
Midlevel Exception (Von Wafer - hopefully)

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 11:00 AM
ellis would be playing the 2 guard..

i find him better as point gaurd...truthfully, but yea a gaurds a gaurd, so he can play 2

deaner
02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't understand why this is not in the trade thread. Is it a fan from GS wanting to know what fans from TO think?

Ya, I'd do it... GS gets screwed. I expect this to be in the trade thread in about 5 minutes.....

Bob_at_york
02-10-2009, 11:05 AM
if we acquire Biedrins then we once again have 3 starting bigs. Need to get a JO deal done.

Haran
02-10-2009, 11:06 AM
if we can get beidreins/azabuike/jackson/randolph and a first round for bosh/kapono/graham. I would do the trade in a heartbeat.

Why? We got solid young building blocks with Biedriens/Azabuikie/Bargnani/Randolph/Calderon. Plus we got great leaders in Jackson/JO to help the team out. I think we will be better defensively, because you know JO and jackson will be pushing us to be better defensively.

What really intrigues me is this: Biedriens can teach bargnani how to be better defensively while bargnani can teach beidriens how to be better offensively. Good trade for us.

Calderon/AP
Azabuike/Moon
Jackson/randolph
Bargnani/JO
Biedriens/JO

That is some nice depth on our team.

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 11:06 AM
if we acquire Biedrins then we once again have 3 starting bigs. Need to get a JO deal done.

Gives you flexibility though, right? You will have that huge commodity of 23 millions potentially coming off the books or trading him for more pieces for a team that wants cap space.

mpickup
02-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Biedrins & Randolph dont come close to matchin Bosh's salary ... the offer must have inluded something else. (plus talent-wise we'd need one of their wings)

The trade I have been riding around town is: Bosh & Kapono for
Biedrins, Maggette, Wright & Bellinelli

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Wright is further along in his development while Randolph has higher potential.

ramz.n
02-10-2009, 11:14 AM
biedrins for 5 years who is a consistent double double player..i would take that in a heart beat, if somehow we could get jackson and biedrins and belinelli in a deal for bosh and ship off Kapono i wouldn't mind that..as long as we don't trade him in the eastern conference..would hate for him to come back and burn us

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 11:15 AM
biedrins for 5 years who is a consistent double double player..i would take that in a heart beat, if somehow we could get jackson and biedrins and belinelli in a deal for bosh and ship off Kapono i wouldn't mind that..as long as we don't trade him in the eastern conference..would hate for him to come back and burn us

don't worry, he'll cry when people Boo :p

mpickup
02-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Biedrins!!!!!! Pleeeeeease

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 11:22 AM
i still wouldnt do the trade, i kno bosh is worth more...like GS players are good, but i can sense a better deal for bosh..and plus ive been hearing rumors that bosh has the same agent as wade....maybe a possibility of bringin the marion trade rumor bak to life..

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 11:25 AM
i still wouldnt do the trade, i kno bosh is worth more...like GS players are good, but i can sense a better deal for bosh..and plus ive been hearing rumors that bosh has the same agent as wade....maybe a possibility of bringin the marion trade rumor bak to life..

I personally would wait for the best deal right now and hold that as a bench mark for deals in the offseason. At the same time I wouldn't get greedy. If we can get Beidrins, Randolph, Azubuike and Bellnelli/Jackson- I'd absolutely love it and do it in a heartbeat. You get a solid depth and defense.

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I personally would wait for the best deal right now and hold that as a bench mark for deals in the offseason. At the same time I wouldn't get greedy. If we can get Beidrins, Randolph, Azubuike and Bellnelli/Jackson- I'd absolutely love it and do it in a heartbeat. You get a solid depth and defense.

why must we trade bosh tho, why not bargs or kapono...im pretty sure bosh can take us to the ship if he has the help he needs, and no its not JO...

mpickup
02-10-2009, 11:37 AM

Are you suggesting a Bosh trade that involves Marion?
Cause I think that would suck for the Raps, even with Beasley included

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Are you suggesting a Bosh trade that involves Marion?
Cause I think that would suck for the Raps, even with Beasley included

im not suggesting, im juss saying i heard bosh has the same agent as wade, so u think there agent will work somethin to make them both play 2gether?...

and plus bosh for marion and beasley is a ripp off, but then again anything is possible wen B.C. is in charge..

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 11:44 AM
why must we trade bosh tho, why not bargs or kapono...im pretty sure bosh can take us to the ship if he has the help he needs, and no its not JO...

because I don't think he stays. I think he likes the spotlight and would prefer Miami or Dallas. Because I believe beidrins, azuibuke, randolph and jackson, who are under contract for 3-5 years, can help us build a substantial future. I think Randolph has the potential to be a top 10 player in the league. Beidrins is an all-star caliber player who is under contract for 5 years. He fits with the European style as well.

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
im not suggesting, im juss saying i heard bosh has the same agent as wade, so u think there agent will work somethin to make them both play 2gether?...

and plus bosh for marion and beasley is a ripp off, but then again anything is possible wen B.C. is in charge..

what makes you think wade would ditch the city that he won a championship for to come to Toronto?

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM

Hope you enjoyed your stay :)

Golden State has contracts it regrets. Take those on and send them an All-Star. If their starting point is Randolph and Beidrins then you can certainly pry away an Azubuike/Bellenelli or one of Jackson/Maggette/Crawford.

3neSoulja
02-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Ok and who would you throw in ? To get someone like maggette azubukie cause azu is insane.... Joey G Lol

posterized
02-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Whether it was beidrins and randolph or beidrins and Ellis, both deals wouldnt really improve the struggling raps. If this was to go through GS would have benefited more than the raps. If Bosh is going to be traded BC needs to get a better deal out of him. After all Bosh can be the franchise player placed on any team and is one of the most sought out FA's come 2010 (if he doesnt resign) so both these deals arent substantial enough for a Bosh trade

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 12:04 PM
what makes you think wade would ditch the city that he won a championship for to come to Toronto?

wade comming to toronto is a dream that will never come tru, i ment bosh goin to the heat..lol my bad i should of been more specific..

and i see how beidrins would fit in the european style play we have, but i dont think we could win a championship with our european style...so B.C. should only trade bosh to get someone that can help us win the ship... anthony randolph, stephan jackson and more are capable of doing the raptors some goood, but i dont think its a good rebuilding move to do..

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 12:11 PM
wade comming to toronto is a dream that will never come tru, i ment bosh goin to the heat..lol my bad i should of been more specific..

and i see how beidrins would fit in the european style play we have, but i dont think we could win a championship with our european style...so B.C. should only trade bosh to get someone that can help us win the ship... anthony randolph, stephan jackson and more are capable of doing the raptors some goood, but i dont think its a good rebuilding move to do..

IMO Beidrins is a better compliment to Bargniani (since BC hugs his nuts) than Bosh. Andris Biedrins is a tenacious rebounder, defender who does the dirty work. We are missing that and it is unfortunate that JO hasn't provided that on a consistent bases. Jackson brings D as well and Randolph IMO can be a Durant type scorer with better D.

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Ok and who would you throw in ? To get someone like maggette azubukie cause azu is insane.... Joey G Lol

throw in a top 5 protected first rounder if the Raps indeed to have the possibility of landing Randolph, Andris Biedrins, Azubuike, Jackson/Maggette/Crawford. There were reports out of GS after a month into the season that they regretted giving Maggette the contract in the offseason. They already have a plethora of the same type of player with large contracts so getting rid of one of them would be beneficial to them.

Mind you they are getting Bosh - a guy who has yet to hit his prime. Who is more than capable of leading a team during long stretches. I don't believe he'll stay after 2010 that is why I'd deal him sooner than later.

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 12:19 PM
IMO Beidrins is a better compliment to Bargniani (since BC hugs his nuts) than Bosh. Andris Biedrins is a tenacious rebounder, defender who does the dirty work. We are missing that and it is unfortunate that JO hasn't provided that on a consistent bases. Jackson brings D as well and Randolph IMO can be a Durant type scorer with better D.

but why must we work around bargs...we gave him time 2 develop but he hasnt proved anything, and bringin in randolph is nice cuz hes young, but were gonna end up giving him some time 2 develop too...and we dont even have a good coach that can help these players become better.. i agree wit jackson and beidrins, but randolph might be a risk

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 12:23 PM
but why must we work around bargs...we gave him time 2 develop but he hasnt proved anything, and bringin in randolph is nice cuz hes young, but were gonna end up giving him some time 2 develop too...and we dont even have a good coach that can help these players become better.. i agree wit jackson and beidrins, but randolph might be a risk

I am probably one of the biggest haters of Bargs but even I realize the improvements he has made to his game. He can consistently give 20 and 7 when he plays the minutes. You get the coach in the offseason, I don't think that is an issue. I think Randolph is a gem and I am a huge nuthugger of his. I'd start his fan club if I had the time.

My vote for coach: Herb Williams. The assistant coach in NY.

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
I am probably one of the biggest haters of Bargs but even I realize the improvements he has made to his game. He can consistently give 20 and 7 when he plays the minutes. You get the coach in the offseason, I don't think that is an issue. I think Randolph is a gem and I am a huge nuthugger of his. I'd start his fan club if I had the time.

My vote for coach: Herb Williams. The assistant coach in NY.

LMAO...i seen his improvements also, but i must stay tru to my hateness and keep hating bargs, but in the end of the day. i think bosh will stay a raptor after 2010, so we shouldnt assume hes gonna leave when he hasnt said a word about his future..

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I think he'll leave IF we don't make huge strides in the offseason. I think JO has to go to get players/cap room to build a solid team around Bosh. But if BC gets even a hint that there is even a 5% chance that Bosh wants to leave - then you deal him. I don't want him leaving for nothing.

ModusOperandi
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Interesting. Establishing a solid defensively oriented team would enable us to fill some of our holes and begin fresh so-to-speak. Offensively, we'd still have the problem on our wing but perhaps that could be addressed via the draft or free agency.

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 12:36 PM
If I am not mistaken, Randolph is a SF and because of his length he is used at PF from time to time. His true position is the 3.

Dol-Fan
02-10-2009, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't accept much less than Biedrins, Randolph, Jackson and a 1st at this point. BC has too much bargaining power, there has been no indication from the Raps front that Bosh wants out and he is already a top 4 PF in the game. I wouldn't be in the least surprised in BC tries to unload Kapono's contract on them as well.

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't accept much less than Biedrins, Randolph, Jackson and a 1st at this point. BC has too much bargaining power, there has been no indication from the Raps front that Bosh wants out and he is already a top 4 PF in the game. I wouldn't be in the least surprised in BC tries to unload Kapono's contract on them as well.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. I would forego the 1st round in this years weak draft if they were able to take on Kapono's contract.

raptor fan
02-10-2009, 12:47 PM
wow, this is a good foundation for a deal possibly being done. i think randolph and biedrins would be perfect fits on our team. biedrins complements bargnani very well, and he's signed for another 5 years at a good price, so he's not going anywhere. randolph has the potential to turn into a good SF for our ballclub. if we could find a way to get some picks and get rid of kapono in the process, i'd be pleased. here's a 3 way that might make sense:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3041~3447~1727~2821~2427~378~3 455~1977~2433~3441~2010&teams=9~28~9~28~28~28~28~21~9~21~21&te=&cash=

TDotzFinest
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Was reading in the Heat forum, that apparently the Heat offered Shawn Marion , Michael Beasley and thier first round draft pick for Amare. Would you guys take that deal for Bosh??

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Was reading in the Heat forum, that apparently the Heat offered Shawn Marion , Michael Beasley and thier first round draft pick for Amare. Would you guys take that deal for Bosh??

Nope. I think Bosh is an overall better player than Amare but Amare were to come to Toronto he might end up staying in Toronto.

B2B
02-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I would accept

{Ellis if healthy, Turiaf, Randolph, 1st unprotected} for {Bosh}

Bargnani/Turiaf
O'Neal/Randolph
Graham/Moon/Kapono
Ellis/Parker
Calderon/Ukic

GS 2009 top 5 pick {Griffin, Harden, Aminu, Etc...)

Raps 2009 top 10 pick

DaoudS
02-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Is there a reason you'd choose Ellis over Beidrins?

bartlett2266
02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
get them to through in a 1st rounder and i say done

Maverick22x
02-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Biedrins' contract is a great value. He's only 22 and is signed for 5 years at $9 million. I realize Bosh has more trade value, but comparing just Biedrins and Bosh, I might rather have Biedrins. Bosh may be gone in a year and a half and if he's not he will demand a max contract. Who's to say that Biedrins won't be a better player by then? He has improved every year and by 2010 will the difference in talent between the two be worth $7-8million? I'm not saying he is or will be better than Bosh, but he will definitely cost less with a chance of being just as good.

Biedrins' has the 5th highest PER among centers this year(20.71), while Bosh has the 4th highest among Power Forwards(22.44). However, PER doesn't really account for defense(Bosh's weakness and Biedrins' strength).

Basically, I think Biedrins is underrated and Bosh is either valued correctly or overrated. Throw in Wright or Randolph (I prefer Wright), and try to get rid of Kapono's contract even if we have to give up our 1st rounder in this year's weak draft, and this could be a great trade for the Raptors in the long run.

Member29
02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
What’s the fascination with Randolph? The Golden State Warriors is my second favorite team next to the Raptors and I watch as many of their games online as I can. I hate to break it to you guys but Randolph is a project, one that may potentially end up providing the Raps with a good player but this guys is years away from contributing and may never even reach his potential.

Everyone’s jumping on the bandwagon and saying Randolph is a must etc etc? Do you know how long GS has been trying to get rid of this guy? Who around the NBA has jumped at the opportunity to pick Randolph up? NO ONE.

Don’t get me wrong, if we got him in a deal great, he’s got a lot of potential and we could nurture that and turn him into a good player here BUTTT he is darn sure no deal breaker. I watch this team almost every night they play and he has the tools (like Joey Graham, Stromile Swift and may others) but hasn’t shown anything on the court to make him a must in any trade.

I am all for doing business with GS because they have players we need so I’d do this trade which think is fair for both teams:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2821~2427~2789~1977~3249&teams=28~28~28~9~9&te=&cash=

Do the Oneal trade and get cash for the summer and 2010 and before you know it we’re back in business next year.

B2B
02-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Is there a reason you'd choose Ellis over Beidrins?

Ellis is a PG/SG gives us a better balance than front loading with Beidrins. If we front load it may force an O'Neal trade who I rather keep until next year.

Why I would like to keep O'Neal?

Hypothetically if we get the deal I mentioned. We would have possibly two lotto picks.

{Ellis if healthy, Turiaf, Randolph, 1st unprotected} for {Bosh}

Bargnani/Turiaf
O'Neal/Randolph
Graham/Moon/Kapono
Ellis/Parker
Calderon/Ukic

GS 2009 top 5 pick {Griffin, Harden, Aminu, Etc...)

Raps 2009 top 10 pick

This is an assumption but for visual effect

We get lucky & get Harden with GS pick

Were able to select Aminu with our pick

Bargnani/Turiaf/Voshkul
O'Neal/Randolph/Hump/Jawai
Graham/Moon/Kapono/Aminu
Ellis/Parker/Harden
Calderon/Ukic

2010 cap situation

Ellis 11mil
Bargs 10mil
Calderon 9mil
Kapono 6mil
Turiaf 4mil

= roughly 40mil

Rookie contracts -Randolph, Jawai, Aminu, Harden, 2010 1st = 5 rookie contracts

I suggest trading Calderon, Kapono pending on deals we can recieve

I made a hypothetical trade with the Kings

(Moore, Udrih, 2009 20th pick Houston's) for (Calderon, Kapono)

Tyreke Evans is around the 20th pick

Our 2010 situation becomes this

Ellis 11mil
Udrih 4mil
Bargnani 10mil
Turiaf 4mil

Salaries = 29mil

Rookie contracts - Randolph, Jawai, Aminu, Harden, Evans, Ukic, 2010 pick Henson

rookie contracts = roughly 10mil

roughly we would have 11 players on book & 30mil to spend if the cap is set at 60 mil. We can obtain a star through free agency to compliment our base of rookies

Bargnani/Turiaf
Randolph/Henson/Jawai
Aminu/?
Harden/Evans
Ellis/Ukic

Why do it like this?

Trading Bosh/Calderon & playing rookies we probably end up back in the draft in 2010 hopefully lottery. Then come 2010 free agency after seeing what our rookies r capable of & possibly getting another top pick in 2010 we use the 30+ mil on free agency to complement our rookies. We also then have young talent to offer in further deals.

With having so many rookie contracts to fill up the roster we can offer, a max contract or several solid stars to compliment depending on how things turn out.

raptor25rs
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
only if ellis was added on

tkshy
02-10-2009, 02:37 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2821~3190~2427~378~3455~3039~1 977~2759~2010~1023&teams=28~28~28~28~28~28~9~9~9~9&te=&cash=

Go big or go home. I say they make the deal bigger.

We end up with...

PG-Jose,William,Ukic
SG-AP,Belinelli
SF-Jackson,Azubuike,Moon
PF-Bargs,JO,Hump
C-Biedrins,Randolph,Voskhul,Jawai

Full roster, but then we still get JO off the books to sign a STUD SG and we are set to take the east. The already offered Andris & Randolph we add Azubuike,Williams,Jackson,Belinelli for Kapono,Graham,Solomon and if needed add Moon and Jawai like this ... it still works...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2821~3190~2427~378~3455~3039~1 977~2759~3441~2010~3249~1023&teams=28~28~28~28~28~28~9~9~9~9~9~9&te=&cash=

More shats!
02-10-2009, 02:41 PM
I do it iff they give us Andres Biedrins,Beleneli,Anthony Randolph,Stephen Jackson and unprotected 1st round pick for bosh,Moon and Kapono.I will likes Elli but he sufferd a sirius injury in the summer and you have to see how that affect him long term.I think Golden State can be good trading partners because they got what we need Athletic young players and a very high lottery pick.

HoopsMachine
02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I would go Azubuike, Turiaf, Biedrins and exchanging 1st rounders if they get a higher pick for Bosh

Member29
02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
If we did my trade above plus the Oneal trade we'd be able to have enough money to sign 3 free agents (based on price and them realistically choosing Toronto) while still having enough to bring in one star in 2010. Next year's line up looks like this plus cash for 2010:

Biedrins/Pachulia
Bargs/Charlie V/Hump
Marvin Williams/Turiaf/Rookie
Azubuike/ Graham/Kapono
Calderon/Banks/Uric

Compare keeping Bosh and adding those free agents this summer while losing him in 2010 to trading now and having a balanced, deep and improved team. Do we win a championship with this team, heck no but unlike the team we have now at least we would have young, valuable pieces to build with. And I would argue that the team above will compete in the East as a 4-6th best in the conference.

ink
02-10-2009, 02:54 PM

God I hope we don't get Maggette. That guy makes Jamario look like Einstein.

ink
02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Whatís the fascination with Randolph? The Golden State Warriors is my second favorite team next to the Raptors and I watch as many of their games online as I can. I hate to break it to you guys but Randolph is a project, one that may potentially end up providing the Raps with a good player but this guys is years away from contributing and may never even reach his potential.

Everyoneís jumping on the bandwagon and saying Randolph is a must etc etc? Do you know how long GS has been trying to get rid of this guy? Who around the NBA has jumped at the opportunity to pick Randolph up? NO ONE.

Donít get me wrong, if we got him in a deal great, heís got a lot of potential and we could nurture that and turn him into a good player here BUTTT he is darn sure no deal breaker. I watch this team almost every night they play and he has the tools (like Joey Graham, Stromile Swift and may others) but hasnít shown anything on the court to make him a must in any trade.

I am all for doing business with GS because they have players we need so Iíd do this trade which think is fair for both teams:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2821~2427~2789~1977~3249&teams=28~28~28~9~9&te=&cash=

Do the Oneal trade and get cash for the summer and 2010 and before you know it weíre back in business next year.

Good post. Everything I've seen from Randolph (and it isn't much because we don't get a lot of GSW games) is completely in synch with what you're saying. Good to have it confirmed by someone who watches them play all the time.

Bob_at_york
02-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Good post. Everything I've seen from Randolph (and it isn't much because we don't get a lot of GSW games) is completely in synch with what you're saying. Good to have it confirmed by someone who watches them play all the time.

I haven't seen much but I am not sure if the Warriors are the right system for Randolph. I do like his rebounding numbers.

D.Pumps
02-10-2009, 03:15 PM
The point of this trade is so that G.S. Wins now and we rebuild. SO taking lots of pieces, that they dont see necessary to win right now makes the most sense. Biedrins makes no sense, he's the natural partner to Bosh and they have no other true Centers. I love Biderins game but i'd rather get Wright And another piece you know?

T.O- Bosh Kapono
G.S- Crawford Wright Randolph Azubuike Williams and a pick.

We keep the three good young pieces, we give crawford terrible minutes in hope he opts out. If not we have a good backup combo guard. Azubuike is a good cheap reserve. We let right start. O'neal backs up both Bargs and him. So we have a good backup big and guard.

C-Bargnani O'neal
PF-Wright Humps
SF-Randolph Moon Graham
PG-Calderon Crawford Ukic
SG-Parker Azubuike

release: Williams Vokshul Solomon

Macedonian
02-10-2009, 03:21 PM
wut u guys think about a trade with gs would u guys except this

biedrins & ellis
boshAnd trade JO for Marion as well!

We'll have:
- Calderon
- Ellis
- Marion
- Bargnani
- Biedrins

Bench:
Ukic
Parker
Kapono
Graham
Hump
etc.

Not bad at all!:)

ryhno
02-10-2009, 03:23 PM
I think Beidrins would be a great pickup for the Raps. Like others said he is underrated. I think it would be a sneaky pick up to take away from GS, seeing that he is developing as he gets older.

Beidrins and Ellis would be a great deal, but GS wont deal them both.

If nothing happens by trade deadline, im sure things will pick up in the off-season.

D.Pumps
02-10-2009, 03:26 PM
IF we want to win now, and that does seem to be Colangelo's MO. Then why not take on Magette? I mean you can say what you want about his contract, but the guy puts up points and grabs boards for his position. I would have considered trading for him before and I don't see who would put up his numbers and cost less. IF we took the Biedrins and Randolph they offered. And said We add kapono and they give us a first. Thats good for now and the future. oh and take williams so we have a back up PG.

C-Biedrins O'Neal
PF-Bargnani Humphries
SF-Randolph Moon Graham
PG-Calderon Williams Ukic
SG-Magette Parker.

Then we let Parker Go, Williams Go, Graham Go Moon Go. Voksuhl Go. Solomon Go in the offseason. We use our two first rounders to get a SG for the future. Then we're deep and young.And we stil have O'neal to deal next year when his contract value goes up.

ink
02-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Then why not take on Magette?

Because he is considered a ball movement killer, black hole, put it the way you want to. He puts his head down and leaves his teammates standing there. He's the opposite of what you would imagine a ball movement Colangelo team would need or want.

D.Pumps
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
If we do the above we trade O'Neal for Marion

T.O- Bosh Kapono
G.S- Biedrins Magette Randolph 1st pick

T.O-O'Neal Graham
Mia- Marion Magloire

C-Biedrins Magloire
PF-Bargnani Humphries Moon
SF-Marion Randolph
PG-Calderon Ukic
SG-Magette Parker.

D.Pumps
02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
You know you can say Magette isn't the "type" of player we want, but the guy puts it in the net. Parker hasn't been the ball movement type of player we need. Lets just take the best player. Besides if we get marion for O'Neal he can be the fourth or fifth option.

D.Pumps
02-10-2009, 03:37 PM
We could take Crawford, but him next too Calderon would be a defensive Nightmare

Gup
02-10-2009, 03:42 PM

.............. come on guys! we get can a lot more than this!

koreancabbage
02-10-2009, 03:51 PM
GS gets:

Bosh
Graham

Toronto gets:

Anthony Randolph
Marco Belinelli
Jamal Crawford
Biedrins

This is a good trade as it helps us on the wing, defense and future.

helps us with the plethora of perimeter big men. Helps us on the wings

B2B
02-10-2009, 03:54 PM
GS gets:

Bosh
Graham

Toronto gets:

Anthony Randolph
Marco Belinelli
Jamal Crawford
Biedrins

This is a good trade as it helps us on the wing, defense and future.

helps us with the plethora of perimeter big men. Helps us on the wings

Crawford cannot be traded in conjunction with any other player due to trade restrictions.

Bob_at_york
02-10-2009, 03:55 PM
You know you can say Magette isn't the "type" of player we want, but the guy puts it in the net. Parker hasn't been the ball movement type of player we need. Lets just take the best player. Besides if we get marion for O'Neal he can be the fourth or fifth option.

Who can be our fourth or fifth option? Are you talking about Maggette? You think he would be cool with that? Also what do you mean AP isn't a ball movement guy? You never see him pass? You see him dribbling a lot and trying to create off the dribble? That is what Maggette does. That is why ball movement goes down on his teams.

AFlagRules
02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
THE RAPTORS CAN EASILY GET MORE FOR CB4.

Now that I've made that clear, this is what's happening right now.

The Warriors threw out a **** offer to see just how desperate Colangelo would be or sound. As we move closer to the deadline, more and more serious offers come about and that's when GS will give up a lot of CB4 if they REALLY want him. Offers like Biedrins/Randolph/Ellis+1st or Biedrins/Randolph/Jackson+1st.....That's what Bosh's true value really is. Biedrins is not at his ceiling, but he's close and Randolph isn't suppose to be a great player.

deaner
02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
IMO maggette is not someone you trade for... But he is someone you take to get the players you want. Beids and ellis are keepers... Bellineli could work out well for us... Corey suites the raps as a 6th man IMO. You use him for high % plays. There's no doubt he gets to the line by driving. He has a long term so you want to make sure you get young talent and other good contracts in the trade. I would really hope you wouldn't have kapono and maggette on the bench together... It's too much cap.

B2B
02-10-2009, 04:23 PM
THE RAPTORS CAN EASILY GET MORE FOR CB4.

Now that I've made that clear, this is what's happening right now.

The Warriors threw out a **** offer to see just how desperate Colangelo would be or sound. As we move closer to the deadline, more and more serious offers come about and that's when GS will give up a lot of CB4 if they REALLY want him. Offers like Biedrins/Randolph/Ellis+1st or Biedrins/Randolph/Jackson+1st.....That's what Bosh's true value really is. Biedrins is not at his ceiling, but he's close and Randolph isn't suppose to be a great player.

{Biedrins/Randolph/Ellis+1st} if it's for {Bosh/Kapono}

AFlagRules
02-10-2009, 04:28 PM
{Biedrins/Randolph/Ellis+1st} if it's for {Bosh/Kapono}

I think the GSW are ready to do something like that.

B2B
02-10-2009, 04:38 PM

I would have prefered not to take on 20 mil in salary though.

over the next 2 years if we get their 1st we will have 2 lottery picks potentially 3 if things don't pan out in 09/10.

That gives us Randolph, GS pick, Rap pick 2009, Rap pick 2010, Ukic on rookie contracts plus maybe Jawai depending.

= 6 rookie contracts = roughly maybe 8mil

Beidrins = 9mil
Ellis = 11mil
Calderon = 9mil
Bargnani = 10mil

total on books in 2010 with 10 players signed = 47 - 50mil if the cap is set at 60mil leaves us only 10mil rougly to spend on 2010 free agency.

3lite-Raps
02-10-2009, 04:44 PM
and i want this

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3190~2427~2751~3455~2789~1977~ 2759~635~1023&teams=28~28~28~28~28~9~9~9~9&te=&cash=

and raps can also add a future 2nd rounder

deaner
02-10-2009, 04:44 PM

As a rap fan I would be excited if that went down. Ellis and beids are done deals for me... But I would question if Randolph is the best option... Bellineli or b wright would be more NBA ready. It would be a dream come true to turn bosh into those 2 players... And get rid of kapono. I love my raps, but I have been so frustrated as of late with kapono's PT that I have been considering cheering for GS for the rest of the year. I think ellis will get back to his preinjury play... He's not there yet. Bosh on the other hand may just starting to see the NBA wear'n tear on a slight frame. I don't want to see bosh get max money here... But he's a class act.

ink
02-10-2009, 05:00 PM
As a rap fan I would be excited if that went down. Ellis and beids are done deals for me... But I would question if Randolph is the best option... Bellineli or b wright would be more NBA ready. It would be a dream come true to turn bosh into those 2 players... And get rid of kapono. I love my raps, but I have been so frustrated as of late with kapono's PT that I have been considering cheering for GS for the rest of the year. I think ellis will get back to his preinjury play... He's not there yet. Bosh on the other hand may just starting to see the NBA wear'n tear on a slight frame. I don't want to see bosh get max money here... But he's a class act.

You've been singing the praises of a deal with GSW for a long time ...

cali72888
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Are you guys serious???

Bosh and Kapano for
Ellis, Biedris, Randolph, and a First????

Your all insane if you think The Warriors would ever think about moving Ellis and Biedrins for Bosh alone.

You do realize that we just singed those two long term in order to build around them?

Most of these trades are bogus, especially the ones where the Warriors give up Ellis and Biedrins. Come up with a more realistic trade.

Bob_at_york
02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Are you guys serious???

Bosh and Kapano for

Your all insane if you think The Warriors would ever think about moving Ellis and Biedrins for Bosh alone.

You do realize that we just singed those two long term in order to build around them?

Most of these trades are bogus, especially the ones where the Warriors give up Ellis and Biedrins. Come up with a more realistic trade.

While I agree, I think some of the posters here are still thinking that the Warriors front office is pissed with Ellis and correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it rumoured that Ellis demanded a trade from the team?

B2B
02-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Are you guys serious???

Bosh and Kapano for

I'm ok with this, what do you think is this more fair?

{Ellis, Turiaf, Randolph, 1st} for {Bosh}

ramz.n
02-10-2009, 05:27 PM
3 way deal btw..gs...suns and raprs??..it could be a blockbuster come the deadline if rumours are true.

deaner
02-10-2009, 05:40 PM
You've been singing the praises of a deal with GSW for a long time ...

May I assume your stance has not changed on the GS roster? : )

Raps fans must be aware GS is not going to give up ellis and beids without cleaning the garage and getting rid of some garbage... Aka maggette.

koreancabbage
02-10-2009, 10:01 PM
just give them Calderon as well. He doesn't play defense but a championship PG does. he isn't the answer at the point with this bunch of sadhacks

tkshy
02-10-2009, 10:13 PM
I would agree that you are not going to get Ellis and Biedris. I don't want Ellis anyway. How about this 3 way deal?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3190~2427~378~497~3039~2166~17 65~336~1727~1977~2010~3249~615~1023&teams=28~28~28~21~28~9~28~9~28~9~9~21~21~21&te=&cash=

Everyone gets something they want.
PHX-Nash,J.rich,Maggette,JO,SHaq is a sick starting lineup and the cap room they want.
GS-Gets bosh and the blur whick Nellie would love and 3pt shooting in Kapono.
Tor-Becomes a solid defense and deep team.

Pg-Jose,Williams,Ukic
Sg-AP,Belinelli
Sf-Jackson,Graham,Barnes
Pf-Bargs,Humps,Voskhul
C-Stoudemire,Biedrins,Jawai

koreancabbage
02-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I would agree that you are not going to get Ellis and Biedris. I don't want Ellis anyway. How about this 3 way deal?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3190~2427~378~497~3039~2166~17 65~336~1727~1977~2010~3249~615~1023&teams=28~28~28~21~28~9~28~9~28~9~9~21~21~21&te=&cash=

PHX-Nash,J.rich,Maggette,JO,SHaq is a sick starting lineup and the cap room they want.

Pg-Jose,Williams,Ukic
Sg-AP,Belinelli
Sf-Jackson,Graham,Barnes
Pf-Bargs,Humps,Voskhul

WHAT? we're talking about Stoudemire and Jose here... where's the defense?

Kaptain Kanada
02-10-2009, 10:50 PM
WHAT? we're talking about Stoudemire and Jose here... where's the defense?

SJAX

He's got all the D we need! ;)

koreancabbage
02-10-2009, 11:00 PM
i like the team though above with the "trade", not saying it was bad in but when u back up your point with defense lol, that just proves your inability to prove the point given when you still have Jose and Stoudemire.

SJAX and AP solidifies our wing defense but that's about it. I'm still saying people don't realize Bargs is even there yet (as in on the court) until next season.

ramz.n
02-11-2009, 12:19 AM

Pg-Jose,Williams,Ukic
Sg-AP,Belinelli
Sf-Jackson,Graham,Barnes
Pf-Bargs,Humps,Voskhul

Biedrins as a 9m man off the bench for 6 years..don't think so.

mavwar53
02-11-2009, 12:39 AM
what dou you guys think of ellis, jackson and wright, for bosh and kopono. I wouldn't trade randolph or biedrins if I was the warriors, biedrins is the only Center on the warriors and Randolph has the potential to be KG like it would be dumb to trade for a rent a player and give away the entire future.

koreancabbage
02-11-2009, 01:10 AM
but the thing is... they (warriors) offered Randolph, not you as the fan.

ramz.n
02-11-2009, 11:02 AM
what dou you guys think of ellis, jackson and wright, for bosh and kopono. I wouldn't trade randolph or biedrins if I was the warriors, biedrins is the only Center on the warriors and Randolph has the potential to be KG like it would be dumb to trade for a rent a player and give away the entire future.

potential to be KG:speechless:..doubt that....hes nowhere as aggressive and intimidating as KG on the defensive end...you are overrating him.

RapsJunkie
02-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Who??? What???? GTFO!!!

B2theRY
02-11-2009, 12:35 PM
i wouldnt trade bosh!
HE ISNT LEAVING!

kingjanjic
02-11-2009, 12:42 PM
man *** these role players, toronto needs a star like ellis, ellis could average 25 + point in toronto, n be a allstar like vince carter was.

toronto needs a heavily scorer not role players, wats the point of having more role players with no star?

i hope, if they trade bosh, they get ellis or atleast another heavily scorer, maybe kevin martin or somthing, then once JO's contract expires, they can sign another good star or get better role players

ramz.n
02-11-2009, 02:17 PM
man *** these role players, toronto needs a star like ellis, ellis could average 25 + point in toronto, n be a allstar like vince carter was.

toronto needs a heavily scorer not role players, wats the point of having more role players with no star?

i hope, if they trade bosh, they get ellis or atleast another heavily scorer, maybe kevin martin or somthing, then once JO's contract expires, they can sign another good star or get better role players

you guys think a trade involving kevin martin and brad miller for bosh would work out for raptors?

Dol-Fan
02-11-2009, 02:19 PM
you guys think a trade involving kevin martin and brad miller for bosh would work out for raptors?

Kevin Martin, Spencer Hawes, and an unprotected 1st. I'd even have to think long and hard about that, Martin is always injured and clearly the salaries don't work out. I would be unwilling to take back Kenny Thomas' contract.

ramz.n
02-11-2009, 02:21 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1977~2010~3000~2394~556&teams=23~23~28~28~28&te=&cash=

To Toronto

Kevin Martin
Brad Miller
Quincy Douby
1st pick 09

To Kings

Bosh
Kapono
1st 09