PDA

View Full Version : NCAA System?

LakersKB24
02-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Hi,
I'm a European NBA fan and never really followed the NCAA. I'm interested in watching it though.
The thing is that I don't really get how the NCAA is organized.
Could somebody please give me a short overview of how everything works? Which teams are worth watching?

thegreatone08
02-10-2009, 09:01 AM
tune in to ESPN on Wednesday Feb 11th at 9 pm eastern time. That will sum it up for you

LakersKB24
02-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't get ESPN here I think^^
It would be too late for me anyway... 9 PM EST means 3 AM in Europe^^

Thank you though

sdweston757
02-10-2009, 08:06 PM
The NCAA system is a system of conferences (ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Sec). Schools from within these conferences play an out of conference schedule and then play teams within their conference. A regular season conference champion is awarded. The teams then play a conference tournament at the end of the conference season and award a tournament champ.

After the regular season is over then a group of NCAA representatives make a field of 64 teams for a one-and-done playoff with tournament champions getting an automatic bid into this field. The 64 teams is eventually cut down to one team, who is the national championship. This year, it will be duke.

thegreatone08
02-10-2009, 10:06 PM
The NCAA system is a system of conferences (ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Sec). Schools from within these conferences play an out of conference schedule and then play teams within their conference. A regular season conference champion is awarded. The teams then play a conference tournament at the end of the conference season and award a tournament champ.

After the regular season is over then a group of NCAA representatives make a field of 64 teams for a one-and-done playoff with tournament champions getting an automatic bid into this field. The 64 teams is eventually cut down to one team, who is the national championship. This year, it will be duke.

That pretty much sums it up. Minus the this year it will be duke. hahhahahahahaha this guy has jokes

Rtardz
02-10-2009, 10:31 PM

you have to have bigger more physical players if you want to cut down them nets. Once you run into a UConn type school you`ll fold.