PDA

View Full Version : Open roster spot

bobcats4life101
02-09-2009, 11:28 PM
what can the cats do with the open roster spot they have from the trade?

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 02:45 PM
They could sign a guy in the D-League. One guy they might want to consider is Patrick Ewing Jr, he's a great defender (which Larry Brown would love) and is very athletic. He been great in the D-League this year.

What's even better, is he's 6'8 with an official 42 inch vert. :speechless:

JakeDelbreezy
02-10-2009, 04:09 PM
I think they'll probably end up signing someone from the D-League like Derek eluded to, maybe picking up a veteran off the scrap heap for depth. Ewing Jr is intriguing. He's an intangibles guys, which seems like the kind of guy LB likes. Wouldn't bother me one bit if they picked him for a tryout period.

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
I think they'll probably end up signing someone from the D-League like Derek eluded to, maybe picking up a veteran off the scrap heap for depth. Ewing Jr is intriguing. He's an intangibles guys, which seems like the kind of guy LB likes. Wouldn't bother me one bit if they picked him for a tryout period.

Me neither, just give him a 10 day contract, we wouldn't have much to lose. Cartier Martin (D-League) and Juwan Howard (veteran off the scrap heap) have been pleasant surprises so far.

I really think Ewing Jr. could turn out to be a good role player somewhere if given the chance. He seems like a Larry Brown type of player.

homestarunner93
02-10-2009, 08:53 PM
We could just leave it open. We don't HAVE to fill the spot.

JakeDelbreezy
02-10-2009, 09:00 PM
We could just leave it open. We don't HAVE to fill the spot.

True, they don't have to. But Larry Brown is the coach so we'll probably see 37 more new guys suit up for the Bobcats by the end of the year....in seriousness, he just seems like a guy who wants every roster spot filled.

bobcats4life101
02-10-2009, 10:39 PM
i would love to see them pick of ewing jr. i like his athleticism

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 10:51 PM
i would love to see them pick of ewing jr. i like his athleticism

Yeah, I think he would be a good fit for our system that Brown is putting into place. By the way, I see you are pretty new to the site. Welcome to the forums, feel free to post any Bobcats news or rumors in the Bobcats forum we need people like you to keep this forum active.

bobcats4life101
02-12-2009, 10:20 PM
thanks. i like this forums and the ideas put on here

DerekRE_3
02-12-2009, 10:23 PM
thanks. i like this forums and the ideas put on here

Glad to have you. I look forward to reading more posts from you. What are your thoughts on the team?

Havoc52
02-12-2009, 11:22 PM
What about Kyle Hines who played on our summer league team.

DerekRE_3
02-12-2009, 11:57 PM

I have never heard of him, I'll look him up now.

EDIT: Just looked him up...He's getting 19 and 9 in the D-League and is also getting 3 blocks. Not bad for a 6'6 guy. His wingspan is freakish at 7'2.

homestarunner93
02-13-2009, 12:13 AM

Ahh, yes, Kyle Hines. I would love to see them bring him back, I was hoping he would make the team. Another guy that was in camp with us, James Mays, has been doing good in the D-League. I'd like to see us bring in one of those guys.

DerekRE_3
02-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Ahh, yes, Kyle Hines. I would love to see them bring him back, I was hoping he would make the team. Another guy that was in camp with us, James Mays, has been doing good in the D-League. I'd like to see us bring in one of those guys.

Or Patrick Ewing Jr. :nod:

JakeDelbreezy
02-13-2009, 08:43 AM

I always liked James Mays. He seems like another dirty work/intangibles kind of guy. I always figured at some point he would work his way in the NBA....hated when the Heel's played Clemson when he was there.

Or Patrick Ewing Jr. :nod:

Ever since you mentioned him the other day, I've been hoping he got a look too...

MJ said they're going to wait til after the deadline to fill the spot, so guess we'll have to wait a few more days to see what happens..