PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Amare to the Bulls for Tyrus and Gooden?

Faneik
02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Source: Chicago Tribune

"According to league sources, the Bulls are one of several teams engaged in discussions about Stoudemire.

Any Bulls package would include the expiring $7.1 million contract of Drew Gooden. Two league sources said the Suns also are most intrigued by forward Tyrus Thomas, and his play on the recent trip explains why."

Full Article (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-09-bulls-chicagofeb09,0,751128.story)

Faneik
02-09-2009, 05:30 PM
It's an opinion article from some dude of the Chicago Tribune. Not sure if he has any real inside info of any deal about to happen...

-Juice-
02-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Another rumor flying around right now is Amare to the Warriors for either Monta or Beindrins and some other players.

I would be down for a Monta, Wright/Randolph, Expiring for Amare.

Monta and Wright would be a dream come true. I don't want Beindrins.

I also don't want Thomas. He isn't very good.

Lakers4ItAll
02-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Would deff help Bulls but wouldn't even put them in top 4 in East

MiamiHeat
02-09-2009, 05:32 PM
they won't get Amare, Paxson is too scared to pull a big deal and will never make one

lakers4sho
02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Only for Tyrus Thomas and Gooden?? I would do this if I were them.

BullsNumber1Fan
02-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Another rumor flying around right now is Amare to the Warriors for either Monta or Beindrins and some other players.

Your right, I guess Tyrus Thomas isn't that good because it's not like he is averaging 15 ppg/10 rpg/3 bpg/2 spg in the last 5 games and it's not like he has 4 double-doubles in the past 5 games! Also it's not like he didn't outplay Stoudemire in the Bulls win over the Suns last week! I mean who would want Tyrus!:rolleyes:

Wade_County
02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
The Suns must want to be in the lottery! Cause it looks like that where they are heading.

Faneik
02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Your right, I guess Tyrus Thomas isn't that good because it's not like he is averaging 15 ppg/10 rpg/3 bpg/2 spg in the last 5 games and it's not like he has 4 double-doubles in the past 5 games! Also it's not like he didn't outplay Stoudemire in the Bulls win over the Suns last week! I mean who would want Tyrus!:rolleyes:

I agree. Tyrus is really coming to his own lately. Now he just needs consistency.

DLeeicious
02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Would deff help Bulls but wouldn't even put them in top 4 in East

Yeah agreed that they are still a trade away from being a top east team after that trade. But figure we still have plenty of trade power left on the team to bring over a decent center or shooting guard to go along side our core of Rose, Deng, Amare.

SeoulBeatz
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Hinrich+ Thomas+ Gooden+ 1st for Amare

the salaries work

id do it in a heartbeat if i were the bulls

da wood
02-09-2009, 05:40 PM
i still won't do it if i were the suns we know what we will get out of amari but i can't say the same for tyrus

DLeeicious
02-09-2009, 05:41 PM

I hope you aren't claiming he is better than Amare. :)

He has been very good lately but he is far from established or consistent. Such a small sample size of good games to make any judgement on him. He is what he is: an athletic freak who has a huge upside but needs a lot of work and has a small basketball IQ that is slowly growing. Still though, he is a valuable trade piece.

Afridi786
02-09-2009, 05:41 PM

the salaries work

:pray: We have a trade exception so we'd happily take a bad contract back.

zambo4president
02-09-2009, 05:43 PM
We will give up anything and everything outside of Rose.

da wood
02-09-2009, 05:44 PM
we will say its like money amari is like a dollar and the players the bulls want to give them is worth all together they almost make up a dollar each person is only worth about 33 cent that **** doesn't even out.

DLeeicious
02-09-2009, 05:45 PM

the salaries work

If Hinrich is involved I think somehow we get Barbosa involved as well. If Hinrich is gone and Gordon leaves in the offseason we are left incredibly thin at shooting guard. (Just Sefalosha, who is incredibly raw still but has potential). And point guard for that matter. So if we trade Hinrich we have to trade for a shooting guard, likewise if Noah is involved we need to pick up another center. So basically we would need to make a couple moves or get a third team involved.

P.S. I still love Hinrich and don't want to see him go, but just saying if he did we would need another 2. I love having a hybrid guard I think it's an incredible asset but that's another topic that many don't agree with me on.

DLeeicious
02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
we will say its like money amari is like a dollar and the players the bulls want to give them is worth all together they almost make up a dollar each person is only worth about 33 cent that **** doesn't even out.

It is clear that Phoenix wants him gone so he has to be discounted a little. Also our offer may add up to 33 cents in terms of talent today, but think of the contracts as well as the potential growth of that 33 cents with Tyrus' potential. Tyrus is a penny stock waiting to explode or go belly up! :)

Kakaroach
02-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Tyrus Thomas is nothing compared to Amare Stoudemaire lol. But I do think that Hinrich would be a good point guard of the future for the Suns. If they threw in Deng, then it might happen.

cubbybear2290
02-09-2009, 06:02 PM
It has already been stated they are tyrus or deng not both, that would be absolute rape by the suns especially considering how well both of them have been playing as of late which equals higher stock, so they would probably be taking tyrus, even though i would rahter keep him. But w/e I hope my bulls pull the trigger on this trade, GET IT DONE PAX

Ni55anpat
02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Tyrus and Nash ...could be damn good. Nash makes players good!

still1ballin
02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
What a rip off

Cubs Win
02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
If the Bulls pull off this trade (:pray:), it could help both sides. Nash could make Thomas great. And Thomas would be learning in the post with Shaq. Stoudemire would be the low post threat the Bulls need. Derrick Rose would also be helped out by adding an established superstar down low. It would probably even help Deng a little so he could slash more.

Tulanehockey
02-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I have never seen so many people who do not follow the Bulls sound so confident about their lack of talent.

Aapox
02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I don't want to give up Deng or Hinrich. They are two solid, heady players who can provide good leadership to make this team actually play hard again. Anyone else, fine with me. I'd like to keep Thabo too, though, he has a lot of intangibles: incredible defense and passing especially.

South Sided
02-09-2009, 06:24 PM

the salaries work

Good idea, but the salaries don't work.

ATX
02-09-2009, 06:35 PM
If the Bulls trade Tyrus Thomas and Drew Gooden for Amare, that'd be the f'in steal of the century. No way that get's it done.

ink
02-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Bad deal for the Suns. They should be able to do better than that.

Gibby23
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Bad deal for the Suns. They should be able to do better than that.

True, people think that the Suns are in a bad spot and have to trade Amare before the deadline. The truth is they are in a position of power and can wait for the best deal even if that means waiting until the offseason or until the trade deadline next year. No need to rush it.

JordansBulls
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Source: Chicago Tribune

Full Article (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-09-bulls-chicagofeb09,0,751128.story)

I find it hard to believe that is all the Suns would get for Amare. I would imagine throwing in Hinrich and Deng as well and getting back Barbosa and Barnes would make the deal more even.

what54!?
02-09-2009, 07:02 PM
The suns would get raped in that deal. TT is improving but still for amare??

dre1990
02-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Great Trade for Bpth teams if this goes through.

raptor fan
02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
this would be a really stupid deal for the suns if it is just thomas and gooden for amare. a warriors deal involving monta ellis, brandon wright, and marcus williams would be a lot better.

abe_froman
02-09-2009, 07:14 PM
The suns would get raped in that deal. TT is improving but still for amare??

i know it doesnt go into the mind of fans much,but there is a business side to sports to,where cost cutting measures make sense.but your right if you go pure talent/talent it makes little,but add trying to go under lux,feeling among staff and in the locker room and relationships with him,changing system and where they want to go,how to play,ect.,ect....

dabears34ft
02-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Yeah agreed that they are still a trade away from being a top east team after that trade. But figure we still have plenty of trade power left on the team to bring over a decent center or shooting guard to go along side our core of Rose, Deng, Amare.

I'm not so sure we aren't a top 4 team with that trade. I mean Orlando, Boston, and Cleveland will still be better, but out side of that I think we will be just as good if not better than anyone else in the East. I think this puts us ahead of the 2nd tier teams in Atlanta, Miami, and Detroit. Think about this, Gordon avg. around 20, Amare claims post break he will be back around 25, Deng will be around 14-18 ppg, and Noah will prolly be around 8 pts, 8 Rebs. Also take into account that Amare will open up alot of holes for all these guys, plus the fact we have a bench capable of filling holes, I think were a top 4 team. Hinrich, Sef, and Noc all do their part well. They are 3 solid Defensive players off the bench to make up for some of the lack of D that is starting like Amare, and BG. I think this team would do great things very soon.

dabears34ft
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Plus if we can throw in 2 1st rounders that won't mean **** anyways and somehow get Barbosa, than we will be extremely legit.

camador22
02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Lets be realistic for a second. There is a 0% chance that the Suns would accept this offer. The Heat and Nets could put up better offers. Im sure the Suns are waiting to see if Miami will give up Beasley and the Nets will try and build a package around Yi. If Miami gives up Marion and Beasley Im telling everyone that Amare will be in Miami. The big ? is weather they're willing to do it.

MGB
02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
There's basically more to it, the deal would probably also include Thabo Sefalosha (a guy Kerr LOVES) and possibly a 1st round pick in addition to TT and Gooden's contract. If you consider that, it's a pretty good deal for both sides.

Ansy
02-09-2009, 07:26 PM
This is obviously a Chicago writer giving his readers something to talk about. If Chicago lands Amare it will be with a much better offer than this.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-09-2009, 07:26 PM
chicago would make out like bandits if those reports are true.

bbcmillionaire
02-09-2009, 07:47 PM
dammit i kinda wanna keep tyrus
maybe 2 draft picks larry hughes nocioni gooden for amare/barbosa see if gordon wants to go to

-Juice-
02-09-2009, 07:48 PM

OMG NOT THE LAST 5 GAMES! What has he been doing the past 3 years then?

bbcmillionaire
02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
i had to post something because my posts were at 666

Chicagofaithful
02-09-2009, 07:53 PM
^^^ lol

Cubs Win
02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
OMG NOT THE LAST 5 GAMES! What has he been doing the past 3 years then?
:rolleyes:
If I didn't know that you have watched zero of those games I might believe your point. Players who don't start out as stars have to turn the corner at some point. Who's to say Tyrus isn't doing just that?

ATX
02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Lets be realistic for a second. There is a 0% chance that the Suns would accept this offer. The Heat and Nets could put up better offers. Im sure the Suns are waiting to see if Miami will give up Beasley and the Nets will try and build a package around Yi. If Miami gives up Marion and Beasley Im telling everyone that Amare will be in Miami. The big ? is weather they're willing to do it.

As a Heat fan, obviosly I'd love to have Amare, but giving up Beasley is too much, especially since the Heat (As well as other teams) can pursue him in a year and a half without losing Beasley.

BALLER71
02-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Is this a joke? Who would want Tyrus Thomas in return for their own franchise player?

jrodmesche
02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Is this a joke? Who would want Tyrus Thomas in return for their own franchise player?

thankyou somoene with sense

twoearl
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
this trade is awful. Thomas is a career role player. This trade will definitely not happen. Kerr is not that dum. They should at least try to get a possible all star for amare, not the bulls spare parts.

Ragun
02-09-2009, 08:20 PM
that trade would be stupid by the suns. im sure they can get more.

kylem4711
02-09-2009, 08:21 PM
i know it doesnt go into the mind of fans much,but there is a business side to sports to,where cost cutting measures make sense.but your right if you go pure talent/talent it makes little,but add trying to go under lux,feeling among staff and in the locker room and relationships with him,changing system and where they want to go,how to play,ect.,ect....

not when they player you are cutting is a money maker.
its a stupid trade

-Juice-
02-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I am sorry, but when you hear rumors of getting players such as Jerryd Bayless, Michael Beasley, Monta Ellis and then you hear Tyrus Thomas, he's the last person of those players you want on your team.

Oh and rumor going around that the Heat have offered Marion + Beasley for Amare. Even after they declined it a few days ago. Trade deadline should be very interesting this year.

Nets fan 93
02-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Only for Tyrus Thomas and Gooden?? I would do this if I were them.
That's what I'm thinking... Amare is an allstar...

shortlunatic
02-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I am sorry, but when you hear rumors of getting players such as Jerryd Bayless, Michael Beasley, Monta Ellis and then you hear Tyrus Thomas, he's the last person of those players you want on your team.

Oh and rumor going around that the Heat have offered Marion + Beasley for Amare. Even after they declined it a few days ago. Trade deadline should be very interesting this year.

If I was a heats fan I wouldnt really like that trade. How can you judge a player halfway thru their rookie year?? From a GM's standpoint its a stupid risk that no one should take. As a fan its easy to say just do it cuz u see where Amares at right now, but if he does and beasley becomes special, then the fans will be mad and say he was dumb for leeting go of beasley so easy. Its just not a smart move. At least for the bulls nobody would blame Paxson if he does this trade and it doesnt work out. We obviously need a l;ow post presence.

True you make a point, but trust me tyrus is a good player he just lacks consistancy which is why no one really sees his potential. I actually wanna keep him, but sometimes you have to part with players to get others.

I think a good package is Hinrich, Gooden, Thomas and like 2 first rounders For Amare and Barbosa

KH12
02-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I see quite a few different packages that the Bulls and Suns could agree on.

Tyrus Thomas and Thabo Sefolosha (young players), Drew Gooden and Cedric Simmons (expiring contracts) and a 1st Round Pick for Amare Stoudemire.

Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich, Drew Gooden, (Possibly Thabo Sefolosha) Cedric Simmons and a 1st Round Pick for Amare Stoudemire and LeAndro Barbosa.

I definitely think if a trade does get done, it will be with the Bulls.

Sorin564
02-09-2009, 09:33 PM
PHEONIX IS GOING TO REFUSE THIS OFFER IN A HEART BEAT! Steve kerr wants to make a trade that would better their chances for a playoff spot this year and also a successful Suns in the future. And this will not happen. All that Tyrus has is his dunks. He cant shoot, cant post, and cant play D. He has a block every 10 games. He sucks! Gooden hasnt had a good game since he played for the Magics in the playoffs with McGrady against the pistons. His contract is expiring but it doesnt not give enough cap room to sign someone big.

ink
02-09-2009, 09:33 PM
I see quite a few different packages that the Bulls and Suns could agree on.

Tyrus Thomas and Thabo Sefolosha (young players), Drew Gooden and Cedric Simmons (expiring contracts) and a 1st Round Pick for Amare Stoudemire.

Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich, Drew Gooden, (Possibly Thabo Sefolosha) Cedric Simmons and a 1st Round Pick for Amare Stoudemire and LeAndro Barbosa.

I definitely think if a trade does get done, it will be with the Bulls.

The problem I see with any trade with the Bulls is that the Bulls couldn't build anything with those players. What makes anyone think the Suns could build with them? I see a couple of expirings in there, which gives them cap flexibility, but really it would be saying that they've given up on the post-season this year.

KH12
02-09-2009, 09:41 PM
The problem I see with any trade with the Bulls is that the Bulls couldn't build anything with those players. What makes anyone think the Suns could build with them? I see a couple of expirings in there, which gives them cap flexibility, but really it would be saying that they've given up on the post-season this year.

Well Tyrus is still very young and just starting to show what he can become. He never really had a fair shot with the Bulls (although some of it was his fault by making mistakes). We've had Gooden blocking him for the past year and veterans like PJ Brown and Joe Smith before that. Same story with Thabo, he's been blocked by Hughes, Gordon, Hinrich, etc. They were both high draft picks. Those were two pieces to the Bulls getting to game 6 of the ECSF just two seasons ago. Thabo locked Wade down and Tyrus played very well too.

Afridi786
02-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Woo suns r getting blown out by the sixers right now.

ink
02-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Woo suns r getting blown out by the sixers right now.

Shaq and Nash both having terrible nights. Nash is something like 1-8, and they've committed 14 TO's. :pity:

twoearl
02-09-2009, 09:51 PM
If I was a heats fan I wouldnt really like that trade. How can you judge a player halfway thru their rookie year?? From a GM's standpoint its a stupid risk that no one should take. As a fan its easy to say just do it cuz u see where Amares at right now, but if he does and beasley becomes special, then the fans will be mad and say he was dumb for leeting go of beasley so easy. Its just not a smart move. At least for the bulls nobody would blame Paxson if he does this trade and it doesnt work out. We obviously need a l;ow post presence.

True you make a point, but trust me tyrus is a good player he just lacks consistancy which is why no one really sees his potential. I actually wanna keep him, but sometimes you have to part with players to get others.

I think a good package is Hinrich, Gooden, Thomas and like 2 first rounders For Amare and Barbosa

I see your point on keeping beasley but think about it. Dwade is a superstar and ready to win a ring now. Beasley is about 2 years away from being really to be the second best player on a championship type team. So why would you waste two to three years of Dwade to hope beasely becomes a superstar? Amare is ready to play now.

Also you forget Dwade contract is up in 2010, wouldn't Amare make that HEat contract a little more sweeter then?

WindyCity_22
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I'd like to see the Bulls get it done without trading Tyrus. He's just starting to turn the corner with 4 double-doubles in the last 5 games.

Cubsfan162512
02-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I'd like to see the Bulls get it done without trading Tyrus. He's just starting to turn the corner with 4 double-doubles in the last 5 games.

sorry buddy but if the bulls are going to get Amare it would HAVE to include Tyrus. That is for sure.

shortlunatic
02-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I see your point on keeping beasley but think about it. Dwade is a superstar and ready to win a ring now. Beasley is about 2 years away from being really to be the second best player on a championship type team. So why would you waste two to three years of Dwade to hope beasely becomes a superstar? Amare is ready to play now.

Also you forget Dwade contract is up in 2010, wouldn't Amare make that HEat contract a little more sweeter then?

True thats makes sense, but the problem i see there is how will Amare play with Wade?? We already know that he wants to be the first option for the team which is why i dont see him being traded to clevland. So what will be different with wade

Me too, but supposedly the suns find him "intriguing" so I dont see how we can get their all star player if we dont give up the player that intrigues them lol

metsbulls1025
02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
sorry buddy but if the bulls are going to get Amare it would HAVE to include Tyrus. That is for sure.

Well they can have him and anyone else not named Derick Rose. I will even drive who ever is in the trade to PHX. The reason I wouldn't drive them to the airport is because I wouldn't dedicated if I didn't go the distance.

-Juice-
02-09-2009, 10:12 PM
If I am Kerr, the only way I am trading Amare to Chicago is if they throw in 2 1st round picks. They don't have the players that match up to Amare so it will have to be draft picks.

Amare Stoudemire + Alando Tucker for Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich, Drew Gooden, 2009 1st Round (unprotected), 2010 1st Round (Top 10 protected).

I would welcome that trade.

KB24PG16
02-09-2009, 10:22 PM
i would do if i were the bulls enough is enough bout not having a big man hes on the market get him and be happy bulls fans

LayZbone
02-09-2009, 10:24 PM

I hear what you're saying, but the real question is if Wade+Amare are enough for the Heat to win right now....and the answer is probably "no". Sacrificing the future for the present fits the pattern of past Pat Riley deals (getting shaq). But trading Beasley+Marion for Amare would leave the Heat very shallow on it's bench, with the only quality player being Cook. Come to think of it....at 6'5", Cook would probably have to start at the very weak SF position with Beasley and Marion gone. That leaves the Heat w/ a terrible bench, and not enough to compete with the balance and depth of the top 3 teams in the East.

So wouldn't it make sense for the Heat to trade Marion+Banks(3yr deal) for J.O.(expiring in 2010)? They'd have a 2-year rental at the C spot, and enough to go as far as the 2nd round of the playoffs (with Wade, u never know...maybe even further). Meanwhile, they keep their young, developing core of Beasley, Chalmers and Cook. By 2010, those 3 would be ready to contribute in a major way, and the Heat could potentially add Amare or Bosh to the mix, making them a contender for the next couple of years.

MSG34
02-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Does a package of David Lee, Marbury (21 million dollar expiring contract), and Nate Robinson sound appealing to anyone?

The suns get huge cap flexibility b/c none of these guys will be under contract after this season and D-lee is putting up big numbers (not just the last 5 games).

The trade I like is

Marbury Nate Lee for Barbosa and Amare

Afridi786
02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
If I am Kerr, the only way I am trading Amare to Chicago is if they throw in 2 1st round picks. They don't have the players that match up to Amare so it will have to be draft picks.

Amare Stoudemire + Alando Tucker for Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich, Drew Gooden, 2009 1st Round (unprotected), 2010 1st Round (Top 10 protected).

I would welcome that trade.

So would we. I thought that was a given that we'd give up two first rounders.

Jonathan2323
02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
i believe a trade with Chicago would be stupid. TT is very inconsistent and everyone esle in the package is garbage. if i were Kerr i would like a young stud and TT is not that.

Kyben36
02-09-2009, 10:56 PM
They dont know anything. this is just the fact that this has been offered and Considered. It may not hapen. It may.

NYMetros
02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Rose and Amare on the same team would be very scary. Both of them are young too, so I think this would be a move that would greatly benefit the Bulls. They wouldn't have a very hard time scoring, that's for sure.

Bighands
02-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Derrick looked like a deer in the headlights when asked about being around trade talk.

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/media/18530

Now home from his team's long road trip, Bulls guard Derrick Rose talks with MOUTHPIECESPORTS personality Jillian Jesk about playing against Dallas Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd and the All-Star game. As far as those trade talks? He's trying not to worry about them.

-Juice-
02-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Does a package of David Lee, Marbury (21 million dollar expiring contract), and Nate Robinson sound appealing to anyone?

The suns get huge cap flexibility b/c none of these guys will be under contract after this season and D-lee is putting up big numbers (not just the last 5 games).

The trade I like is

Marbury Nate Lee for Barbosa and Amare

I doubt the Suns would do that, especially with no draft picks being involved. Also, David Lee is a free agent at the end of the season and the Suns are making a trade to clear up cap space. He will be demanding a large contract, and the Suns won't want to pay. Knicks are basically a no go for Amare.

I think if he ends up being traded, it will be to a team that isn't even rumored. Whenever there are "rumors" they never work out. The trades that always work out are the ones that never get leaked and are totally unexpected.

EDIT: LOL at giving up Barbosa AND Amare for those three. You would have to throw in a minimum of 2 first round draft picks, and Wilson Chandler to land both.

JordansBulls
02-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Fair deal:

Deng, Tyrus, Noah, Hinrich, Gooden for Amare, Barnes and Barbosa.

ink
02-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Fair deal:

No offense, but the Bulls roster just hasn't done much and it's a stretch to imagine that they will suddenly become world-beaters by moving to a new team. Amare is one of the best PF's in the league, Barnes was part of a great GSW roster, and Barbosa is a recipient of the 6th man of the year award. If the Suns aren't winning with those players, they sure won't progress with the Bulls players offered there.

theimortalone
02-10-2009, 02:53 AM
Apparently the Bulls aren't one of the top teams in the running for the Amar'e Sweepstakes! :speechless:

But a source shot down one report that the Bulls and Miami Heat were the front-runners to land Stoudemire, saying the two teams that have offered the most for the All-Star forward have yet to be publicly identified.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/1421595,CST-SPT-bull10.article[/QUOTE]

Duncan = Donkey
02-10-2009, 03:37 AM
Apparently the Bulls aren't one of the top teams in the running for the Amar'e Sweepstakes! :speechless:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/1421595,CST-SPT-bull10.article[/QUOTE]

hope thats true, all the chicago rumours have been horrible

shortlunatic
02-10-2009, 04:59 AM
Fair deal:

i think as a sun i would wanna take out noah and a 1st n 2nd round draft pick

Duncan = Donkey
02-10-2009, 07:33 AM
as a suns fan i wanna throw up on that bulls deal. amare and barbosa ya right

Draco
02-10-2009, 08:03 AM
No offense, but the Bulls roster just hasn't done much and it's a stretch to imagine that they will suddenly become world-beaters by moving to a new team.

The Sun's goal is to shed salary and acquire cheap young talent. So I'd take JB's trade scenerio with a grain of salt. Hinrich and Deng's salaries are counterproductive for the Sun's purposes.

Amare is one of the best PF's in the league,

Probably true, but he doesn't play defense and he's had knee surgery.

Barnes was part of a great GSW roster,

Barnes was part of a team that beat the Mavericks. Hinrich and Deng beat the Heat who were champs the year before.. If their playoff sweep wasn't impressive enough, then don't forget their 42 point *** whooping they gave the Heat in their home opener.

and Barbosa is a recipient of the 6th man of the year award.

Hinrich was a starter and Deng still is.

If the Suns aren't winning with those players, they sure won't progress with the Bulls players offered there.

The Suns aren't going to progress with any one trade move, anytime soon. They look like they've given up with their current roster and are considering rebuilding. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the conclusion they came to from that two hour team meeting they had after the Bull's stomped their ***.

JordansBulls
02-10-2009, 09:39 AM
i think as a sun i would wanna take out noah and a 1st n 2nd round draft pick

Then it is a deal.

Wade_County
02-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Does anyone else think hes not going to be traded?

JordansBulls
02-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Does anyone else think hes not going to be traded?

If no one gives them what they want.

mrblisterdundee
02-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Chicago will still suck. They sealed their fate for the next decade when they traded away Elton brand.

Afridi786
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah that worked for the Clippers didn't it and aren't the sixers better without him too?

JordansBulls
02-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Chicago will still suck. They sealed their fate for the next decade when they traded away Elton brand.

:confused:

Brand has been to the playoffs one time in 10 years.

Lost Art
02-10-2009, 02:19 PM
They would need to include another player, the salaries don't match

ink
02-10-2009, 03:05 PM
The Suns aren't going to progress with any one trade move, anytime soon. They look like they've given up with their current roster and are considering rebuilding. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the conclusion they came to from that two hour team meeting they had after the Bull's stomped their ***.

But that group of players wouldn't be the basis for a rebuilding job. It hasn't been in Chicago.

MJ-BULLS
02-10-2009, 03:18 PM

oh yeah like if the clippers were so good with him when he was there, arent the sixers doing better without him too

shortlunatic
02-10-2009, 03:28 PM

You obviously have not watched derrick rose

But that group of players wouldn't be the basis for a rebuilding job. It hasn't been in Chicago.

That doesnt matter. Sometimes its just the system you play in. Look at Tyson Chandler, he was like thomas now, and then we traded him and he became one of the better defensive centers in the league. You guys expect to much for amare that your not gonna get anywhere.

ink
02-10-2009, 03:37 PM
You obviously have not watched derrick rose

That doesnt matter. Sometimes its just the system you play in.

I don't see why Kerr would want mediocre players. I don't think system has much to do with it. Sorry, don't mean to offend, but this really seems more like wishful thinking on Chicago's part than anything else.

The Pistons have some quality players to deal if those rumours are correct.

Draco
02-10-2009, 03:42 PM
As D. Thorpe says.. it's a good thing you don't do this for a living.

Terry (Madison): Why are the Bulls so bad if they have all of these great "trade assets"? If I'm trade Amare or Bosh I wouldn't want anything they have to offer besides Rose and that isn't happening.

David Thorpe: It's a good thing you don't do this for a living then.

ink
02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
As D. Thorpe says.. it's a good thing you don't do this for a living.

Thomas is the best of the lot, sure, but none of them are close to Amare's level. It would be throwing away their most valuable asset. The Heat deal, if it's real, is far better, and so would any Pistons deal. Those are proven players or players with huge upside.

skeletor1325
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I really hope they dont trade Amare. Personally i think they need to look at dealing Nash as much as I hate saying it He is a huge defensive liability. I hope Kerr doesnt jump the gun at the deadline and make a halfcocked decision and trade away the franchises future for peanuts I would much rather see them ride it out and see what happens in the playoffs if the make the playoffs.

Draco
02-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Thomas is the best of the lot, sure, but none of them are close to Amare's level. It would be throwing away their most valuable asset. The Heat deal, if it's real, is far better, and so would any Pistons deal. Those are proven players or players with huge upside.

Who said any player being traded for Amare from any team has to be close to Amare's level? All of the trade rumors treat this as a firesale. So you think Beasley is close Amare's level? And Marion is far and away better than Gooden? Who's rumored to be in the Piston's deal.. Amir Johnson and Wallace accoridng to hoop hype. I don't remember who Ford thinks might go. The biggest reason Wallace might be attractive is his $13.6 mil expiring. But he's not going to move that team closer to a championship.

Draco
02-10-2009, 03:59 PM
I really hope they dont trade Amare. Personally i think they need to look at dealing Nash as much as I hate saying it He is a huge defensive liability. I hope Kerr doesnt jump the gun at the deadline and make a halfcocked decision and trade away the franchises future for peanuts I would much rather see them ride it out and see what happens in the playoffs if the make the playoffs.

The Suns have a team option on his contract next year. He's probably not going anywhere.

shortlunatic
02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't see why Kerr would want mediocre players. I don't think system has much to do with it. Sorry, don't mean to offend, but this really seems more like wishful thinking on Chicago's part than anything else.

The Pistons have some quality players to deal if those rumours are correct.

Your'e not offending, you're just debating. Maybe it is wishful thinkin, but i have confidence that Thomas and Sefolosha will be very solid players and I think that is what Kerr is thinking. Remeber you have to look at the future as well.

ink
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Your'e not offending, you're just debating. Maybe it is wishful thinkin, but i have confidence that Thomas and Sefolosha will be very solid players and I think that is what Kerr is thinking. Remeber you have to look at the future as well.

The future is the only way I'm looking at it. I know they wouldn't rescue the Suns' playoff aspirations.

thebigtime313
02-10-2009, 04:05 PM

I wish I could delete this opinion. Did somebody just say they didn't want Biedrins? Do you watch basketball? lol@wright and monta being a dream come true and keep Biedrins. If you were the GM for the Suns, I'd call you up and make that trade in a minute.

Southsideheat
02-10-2009, 04:08 PM
TT, Gooden, Simmons, and first rounder for Amare.

Noah and Nocioni for Camby

Rose/ Hinrich
Gordan/ Hughes
Deng/ Sefalosha
Amare/ Ruffin
Camby/ Gray

Sportsnutz4ever
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
The future is the only way I'm looking at it. I know they wouldn't rescue the Suns' playoff aspirations.

ur a complete idiot. how can you say thomas doesnt have upside. Have you seen him play the last month or so. he's is turning it up. plus, gooden has been so solid this year.

and if you knew anything, you would be aware of the fact that the suns are looking for cap relief and solid young players, not a guy who will make up for amare

i would think that having an iq higher than 15 would be a prerequisite for a moderator.

shortlunatic
02-10-2009, 04:13 PM

Definatly not this year i would have to agre with you on that, but they do have a lot to offer for the future, trust me i watch almost all bulls game and thabo has a lot to offer, he just needs playing time. Tryus just needs consistancy. and believe it or not gooden will help for the time he is there. I know the bulls wer like 3-11 when gooden was not playing back when we were only like 1/3 of the wy through the season

curtie74
02-10-2009, 04:28 PM

if the bulls make this trade Amare would kill in the east. they really wouldnt HAVE to make another trade with Amare,deng,rose,hinrich,maybe gordon, with a better coach like avery we would be 1 of the top teams in da east

shortlunatic
02-10-2009, 06:02 PM
if the bulls make this trade Amare would kill in the east. they really wouldnt HAVE to make another trade with Amare,deng,rose,hinrich,maybe gordon, with a better coach like avery we would be 1 of the top teams in da east

I dont think so, we would still have quite a bit to improve on actually. I dont think we wanna keep Gordon, as much as it hurts to let him go, his chemistry isnt all that good with the management, and he will probably ask for at least 10 mil to match Deng which I dont wanna give for him. And by trading away Thomas and Gooden (posssibly Noah as well) we will need another big man specializing in defense, as Stoudemire has yet proven to be a good defensive player.