PDA

View Full Version : Foul calls??

shortlunatic
02-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Is it just me or is completly ridiculous now for the lack of free throws awarded to derrick rose?? Now I am a bulls fan, but this is really getting me aggravated how even in cluthc moments of the game while the bulls are pushing hard for a score how the refs do not call any fouls. In the last game we played on Saturday he was 0-0 from the free throw line....0-0!! And thats that he made a drive towards the basket on the last play for the win, and from i what i heard (dont have cable) he was fouled. I know hes a rookie, but it makes no sense. Now honestly i think the nba is to girlie now, sum of the fouls on him i dont even think should be called, but if other guards around the league are getting calls for girlie fouls then rose needs to get them to.

IRUAM #21
02-09-2009, 05:27 PM
It happens to Beasley too

MiamiHeat
02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
all the rookies don't get love from the refs

down here in MIA the fans feel the same way with Chalmers and Beasley
they don't get love from the refs at all

MAC10TIZZY
02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
...cause they are rookies....

Kakaroach
02-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Deron Williams has been struggling to get foul calls all season until February lol.

ProdigyI
02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
It DOESN'T ****ING MATTER IF THEY'RE ROOKIES!!

I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS A RULE IN THE RULEBOOK THAT STATED IF YOU'RE A ROOKIE, YOU WILL HARDLY GET ANY CALLS.

IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU'RE 20 OR 40 YEARS OLD.....A FOUL IS A DAMN FOUL.

I HOPE STERN SENDS A MEMO TO THE REFS ABOUT THIS CRAP

jeffvdone
02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
i think all the nba players need to put their big boy pants on. back in the day you would have to get clotheslined to get a foul call and now kobe, lebron, wade, the whole celtics team, duncan, pretty much everyone cries when someone sneezes on them. give me a break!!

macc
02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
^^^^^^ I'll have to agree with this gentleman here. I think people complaining about calls gets petty. Theres prob a foul on every possession on both sides of the ball. As long as it doesn't affect the shot I don't think it should be called. Not in all cases obviously but bottom line is I like seeing games where the refs are letting them play hard and getting away with a few. It does get annoying when everytime an NBA player misses a shot they put their hands up waiting to get bailed out on a foul call.

Bottom line is refs are going to make bad decisions from time to time but if you're team is dominating a game then the foul calls typically don't determine the outcome. Granted there are few situations where a bad call did but overall if a team does what they need to to win then they shouldn't have to worry about the calls.

still1ballin
02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
It happens to Beasley too

:laugh:

_Sn1P3r_
02-09-2009, 06:22 PM
They barely call anything in the last seconds.

Lakers09
02-09-2009, 06:23 PM
its never going to stop

i say they get 2 more refs standing at half court reviewing the basic **** and have the others look for fouls

shortlunatic
02-09-2009, 08:46 PM
i think all the nba players need to put their big boy pants on. back in the day you would have to get clotheslined to get a foul call and now kobe, lebron, wade, the whole celtics team, duncan, pretty much everyone cries when someone sneezes on them. give me a break!!

I agree completely it sucks when they call all these little girl fouls, but if your gonna give calls to kobe, wade, lebron, etc., you need to give them to everybody in the league wouldnt you agree??