PDA

View Full Version : Still Think Kevin Durant is Not an All-Star...?

Baller1
02-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I just want to know what people think about Kevin Durant not being an all-star...

To me, it's just stupid. He is clearly one of the best players in the league already, and one of the top scorers. Many arguements were made between Durant and Granger, and now that Durant is about to pass Granger in PPG, he has Granger in just about every statistical category. Out of the top 10 scorers in the league, he has the best 3PT%. Out of the top 10 scorers in the league, his FG% is higher than about half of them. Yes, I know he plays for the Thunder, but the team should have nothing to do with who is and who isn't an all-star player. Only one player in the league is playing better (statistically) than KD, and that's Lebron. It boggles my mind as to why he is not an all-star, so I'm just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Shouldn't Kevin Durant be an all-star?

Gibby23
02-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Need to get some W's first.

Afridi786
02-09-2009, 04:55 PM
His team sucks...and nobody watches the Thunder.

kswissdaf
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
No he is not an allstar and not even close and Kevin Durant said he doesnt deserve to be an allstar

da wood
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
hes not an all star at all

TheShock45
02-09-2009, 05:22 PM
nobody should be complaining about this

lebron was a reserve when he was rookie sooo it means nothing durant shouldnt be there rookies get no respect

xxdc2tegxx
02-09-2009, 05:53 PM

lebron was a reserve when he was rookie sooo it means nothing durant shouldnt be there rookies get no respect

:confused::clap::eyebrow:

jkiddvc20
02-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes he should be in the ASG.

FOBolous
02-09-2009, 06:34 PM

Durant is not a rookie anymore. This is his sophmore year. and yes this guy should be an all-star...he's such an amazing player. sad that he's so underrated because he plays for the Thunder. If i was him, i would haul my *** out of there as soon as my contract is up so I can get some recognition.

Kyle916
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
They aren't winning.

Plain and simple.

If they were winning, Durant would easily be in there.

Baller1
02-09-2009, 07:43 PM

...you try to make me look stupid, yet you think Kevin Durant is a rookie.

kurtismurray
02-09-2009, 08:01 PM
If we're talking about who should be all-stars. how bout DERON WILLIAMS! The last 4 games his points are as follows... 35 pts, 34 pts, 34 pts, 31 pts. while averaging about 10 assists. D-Will was plucked again even though he's an elite PG and just as good as Chris Paul if he got the national exposure Paul does.

b_rad23
02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I just want to know what people think about Kevin Durant not being an all-star...

To me, it's just stupid. He is clearly one of the best players in the league already, and one of the top scorers. Many arguements were made between Durant and Granger, and now that Durant is about to pass Granger in PPG, he has Granger in just about every statistical category. Out of the top 10 scorers in the league, he has the best 3PT%. Out of the top 10 scorers in the league, his FG% is higher than about half of them. Yes, I know he plays for the Thunder, but the team should have nothing to do with who is and who isn't an all-star player. Only one player in the league is playing better (statistically) than KD, and that's Lebron. It boggles my mind as to why he is not an all-star, so I'm just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Shouldn't Kevin Durant be an all-star?

:bs:Ever heard of that guy Dwyane Wade? Chris Paul? Dwight Howard?

I do believe he should have been an allstar though.

Kings Faithful
02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I witnessed Durant at his best the other day. I was amazed. When he is on he literally cannot be stopped. He definitely deserves to be an All-Star now. Its more about making room for him but he is definitely talented enough.

_Sn1P3r_
02-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I think he i an all-star but is overlooked due to his team's record.

brownruffryder
02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
i don't know why people (coaches and the dumb *** commish) pick all-stars just based team performance. the all-stars should be decided purely on individual stats. therefore durant should be there, so should al Jefferson but hes out for the season anyways... this is not the mvp reward ppl (where team performance counts) this is an all-star game. plus i think they should limit the ppl on the all-star ballot, and not allow scrubs to get picked over the actual stars.

LanceUpperCut
02-09-2009, 08:29 PM
He will make it just not enough roster spot's anyone who say's he does'nt deserve it never has seen him but everyone has to remeber it's about the whole year not just who's been hot of late.

Testaverde16
02-09-2009, 08:30 PM
If Durant was an allstar, he would win. Quit whining about it. When his team gets good, he will be an allstar, be patient. Westbrook, Green, Durant, there first pick this year, they could all be allstars.

Eventually you will realize that the all star game means nothing, until then, leave it alone. There are bigger snubs (Mo Williams).

A-Fraud
02-10-2009, 12:01 AM
He can't even lead a team and you want him to be an allstar?

Let him get some wins then he can become an allstar. Even then there are 5 people ahead of him.

NYMetros
02-10-2009, 12:03 AM
He's not an All-Star, but he is a really good player. I think he is extremely underrated. Had he gone to the Blazers rather than Oden, then he would be getting a lot more attention than he's getting right now. I kind of feel bad for him that he has to play in OKC. Hopefully they can build around him and try to get a couple more wins per season.

Dol-Fan
02-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Since when did all-star appearances become based on wins? Maybe I just haven't realized it, but I think it should be on the players who are performing the best, not the players whose teams are performing the best. Durant is a beast, I got him in the 3rd round on my fantasy team and he's been insane. I could understand the bad record argument if he was putting up great stats on bad percentages because he's the only guy that gets the ball, but his percentages are out of this world.

ink
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
If Durant was an allstar, he would win.

Wow.

Since when did all-star appearances become based on wins? Maybe I just haven't realized it, but I think it should be on the players who are performing the best, not the players whose teams are performing the best. Durant is a beast, I got him in the 3rd round on my fantasy team and he's been insane. I could understand the bad record argument if he was putting up great stats on bad percentages because he's the only guy that gets the ball, but his percentages are out of this world.

I agree. I saw him in a pre-season game against the Suns in his rookie season and he was already outstanding. If he's not an All Star this season, he will be soon ... and for many years after that.

Teeboy1487
02-10-2009, 12:16 AM
He is the biggest snub of them all. Maybe they should have an all star game for teams below 500 with good players. It is not fair.

dre1990
02-10-2009, 12:17 AM
ALL STAR GAMEWS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RECORD..... he should be there

Baller1
02-10-2009, 12:19 AM
:bs:Ever heard of that guy Dwyane Wade? Chris Paul? Dwight Howard?

I do believe he should have been an allstar though.

Well, if you would have read correctly, you would have realized that I said statistically, only Lebron has been better in the past 10 games.

Roy31
02-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Durant is an all-star but don't hate on Granger now.

showtym24
02-10-2009, 12:22 AM

Lebron did not make the allstar team his rookie year.

Baller1
02-10-2009, 12:24 AM
If Durant was an allstar, he would win. Quit whining about it. When his team gets good, he will be an allstar, be patient. Westbrook, Green, Durant, there first pick this year, they could all be allstars.

Eventually you will realize that the all star game means nothing, until then, leave it alone. There are bigger snubs (Mo Williams).

Not whining, just wanted some input from other NBA fans. Don't feel obligated to be a complete ******* though, thanks.

He can't even lead a team and you want him to be an allstar?

Let him get some wins then he can become an allstar. Even then there are 5 people ahead of him.

He can't lead his team? What the **** do you want the kid to do? You're basically blaming him for the losses...