PDA

View Full Version : 19-11

GodsSon
02-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Hang around the Raptors locker room this week and you'll hear a lot of serious talk about 1911.

Not that the players suddenly have taken a deep-thinking historical perspective on the year Ronald Reagan was born, or that mail service began and when Denmark abolished the death penalty. What that number means to the players is their new target of 19 wins and 11 losses in the final 30 games, which they pray would squeeze them in to the NBA playoffs.

"We looked at the schedule and if we go 19-11, then we have a really good chance of making it," centre Jake Voskuhl said. "That's our goal, but we just can't let losses stack up. It depends on us coming together and stringing two, three, four wins, then maybe one loss or two, then get three (or) four more wins."

The conference is so jumbled (five games separate six teams in range of eighth spot) that 37 or 38 wins could wind up as the magic number. The Atlanta Hawks made it with 37 last season.

Taking a look at their remaining games...

February
@ Minnesota; W
vs. SAS; W
vs. Cleveland; L
@ NY
vs. NY
vs. Minnesota
@ Phoenix

March
@ Dallas
@ Houston
vs. Miami
vs. Utah
@ Philly
vs. Detroit
vs. Indy
@ Charlotte
vs. Charlotte
vs. Clippers
vs. Milwaukee
vs. OKC
vs. Chicago

April
@ Orlando
@ NY
vs. NY
vs. ATL
@ Indy
vs. Washington
vs. Philly
@ Washington
@ Chicago

Judging from their remaining opponents i would say that 19 wins is doable, giving them 38 on the year and a CHANCE to sneak into the 8th spot; but then again this is a team coming off a horrible performance against the grizzlies and its time for players to either put up or shut up...Thoughts?

DaoudS
02-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I am glad they are getting some sort of urgency but I doubt they win 10 more games the rest of the way. What is really sad is that I've been saying they won't win 10 for a few months now and they haven't...Just abysmal year. Hopefully this gives them character for next year.

Dol-Fan
02-09-2009, 01:22 PM
So they're striving to be 19-11? Seriously? Should a team really be looking at a schedule and hoping to get 11 losses? So do they look at games against SA and CLE and say, hey let's throw this game because we have 11 losses to work with?

Bob_at_york
02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
So they're striving to be 19-11? Seriously? Should a team really be looking at a schedule and hoping to get 11 losses? So do they look at games against SA and CLE and say, hey let's throw this game because we have 11 losses to work with?
I think they are just being realistic. You aren't going to win them all. There will be times your shot won't be going in and there are times when you might have some bad luck. Every team including the Cavs and Lakers know you cannot win them all.

Dol-Fan
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
I think they are just being realistic. You aren't going to win them all. There will be times your shot won't be going in and there are times when you might have some bad luck. Every team including the Cavs and Lakers know you cannot win them all.

I considered that and understand what you're saying, but my point is, that you shouldn't make goals like that. It gives you leaway to go out there and expect a loss. You don't make up goals for an exact win/loss record. I don't think the Thunder started the year by saying "OK guys, hopefully we can win 25 games this year and surpass the expectations"

No, your goal is to make the playoffs, to go out and try to win every game. They shouldn't set a goal on how many wins/losses they want to attain. What if 19-11 isn't good enough? Their goal should be plain and simple: make the playoffs.

np6526
02-09-2009, 01:40 PM

Who cares about being "realistic"? You wanna go into every game wanting to win; this article pisses me off as a Raptor fan. Do you think KG goes into the season saying, well I hope we win 5 or 6, then lose 2, then win 4. You go in saying I'm going to win 82 games. Analysts and sports writers are there to be realistic, not the actual players.

np6526
02-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I considered that and understand what you're saying, but my point is, that you shouldn't make goals like that. It gives you leaway to go out there and expect a loss. You don't make up goals for an exact win/loss record. I don't think the Thunder started the year by saying "OK guys, hopefully we can win 25 games this year and surpass the expectations"

No, your goal is to make the playoffs, to go out and try to win every game. They shouldn't set a goal on how many wins/losses they want to attain. What if 19-11 isn't good enough? Their goal should be plain and simple: make the playoffs.

YEAH EXACTLY! ....the new number is 3000! 30-0. Forget 1911.

HoopsDrive
02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
19-11 hm?

Our remaining schedule after February is amazingly easy if based on opponent's record but then again, our team is not far away from the rest of the bottom feeders. Dallas, Houston, Miami, Detroit, Orlando and Atlanta once each and 2 games against Philly.

My prediction is somewhere around 13-18 wins geared towards 13 but wouldn't be surprised if we get even fewer than 13 wins. I'm predicting 39 to be the key number here, 39 wins and you're in for the East.

I'll be the first one to say that I'll be positively surprised if this team can get an at or above .500 record for the remaining games.

_Sn1P3r_
02-09-2009, 09:30 PM
They better get to it then. No more losing to teams we have to beat.

On a side note, they should always be looking to win every game no matter what. By trying to get a 19-11 record, while more realistic than 38-0, isn't a good mentality to have because then they might be ok after a loss since they are 'allowed to lose 11 games'. In my eyes, it isn't a very winning attitude. But that's just me.

geoff63
02-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Lets wait till the trade deadline passes I think the team might look a little different.

Jobe
02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
I have them losing the next 13 in a row..maybe they will split with new york but this team is just horrible...personally i think this time is worse than the team that started 1-15 and received the top pick in the draft..i am a huge raptor fan and was able to watch every game that year because at least they brang effort to the court and showed some character but this team just lays down when faced with adversity

haircanada
02-09-2009, 09:43 PM
ill give them 20

Raptorballa
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
ill give em 21-22

dirtybird
02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Who cares about being "realistic"? You wanna go into every game wanting to win; this article pisses me off as a Raptor fan. Do you think KG goes into the season saying, well I hope we win 5 or 6, then lose 2, then win 4. You go in saying I'm going to win 82 games. Analysts and sports writers are there to be realistic, not the actual players.

I agree with this sentiment in that they give their opponents too much credit. Now, I think it's too late for them and they've waived the white flag. But, earlier in the year, I cringed when I keep hearing "this next opponent is tough and we'll see if we can win." Sun-Tzu had a good saying "victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Bob_at_york
02-09-2009, 10:13 PM

I find it funny that they are getting ripped for this. The Raptors really can't win. If they had come out and said that they plan on winning every game for the rest of the season then people would be ripping them here too. They would be branded idiots who can't recognize how bad they truly are.

HoopsDrive
02-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I find it funny that they are getting ripped for this. The Raptors really can't win. If they had come out and said that they plan on winning every game for the rest of the season then people would be ripping them here too. They would be branded idiots who can't recognize how bad they truly are.

Amen to that.

Dragan
02-09-2009, 10:33 PM
19-11 does not sound impossible, but I don't think that this team has any confidence left in themslefs to make the playoffs

GodsSon
02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
19-11 does not sound impossible, but I don't think that this team has any confidence left in themslefs to make the playoffs

I agree, looking at the schedule there are 19 winnable games against teams they should beat with either worse records or comparable ones; minus the fact we CAN steal 2-3 games against the tougher opponents. The problem is, they have had at least 12-15 games this season alone where they held sizable leads over teams and collapsed late, all of which will come back to haunt their playoff hopes. So to paraphrase Dragan, although they can do it, i think they lack the confidence to actually do it.

dirtybird
02-09-2009, 10:55 PM

I don't think that he means they should say that they'll go 82-0 at the start of the season, but rather they, for lack of a better expression, admit defeat before the start of a game against a good team. He's talking about their game by game attitude.

Dol-Fan
02-09-2009, 11:21 PM

I think you're missing my point Bob. You don't go out and plan on winning any amount of games. You go out and try and win every night on a game-to-game basis and it seems like the Raptors are getting ahead of themselves in that regard.

td0tsfinest
02-09-2009, 11:42 PM
all i can say is "it could happen" and hopefully a strong run for a playoff spot will keep us hot for who ever we play but that just me being optimistic.

BALLER R
02-09-2009, 11:46 PM
^^ but if they came out and said we are going to win every game from now until the playoffs what would you say...i bet there would be alot of people saying " that was the stupidest comment anyone could have said" or are they serious or how about LMAO...LOL..HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA....i mean they say 11 losses because they are being reasonable they look at 19 games that they should win and the 11 are games that might be tough so they just count it as a lost ..it only makes sense come on now do they look at the cavs and say ok mark that down as a win...they know that they aren't playing well and atleast they are thinking straight and not saying we're going to lose every game or win every game they know what they need to do if they want to make the playoffs

ink
02-10-2009, 12:08 AM

I agree with you. Just because they're talking about going 19-11 doesn't mean they're going for 11 losses. It means they know that they have to hit 19 wins or better. That's the threshold they have to pass if they want to make the post-season.

A-Fraud
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Its not impossible but they probably don't have enough confidence to go on a couple of 4-5 game win streaks

Dol-Fan
02-10-2009, 12:13 AM
I agree with you. Just because they're talking about going 19-11 doesn't mean they're going for 11 losses. It means they know that they have to hit 19 wins or better. That's the threshold they have to pass if they want to make the post-season.

But how can they be sure that 38 wins equals the post-season? I don't know if 19 wins does get you into the playoffs. But I understand the interpretation you and Bob took on this quote and it makes sense. I just don't like how they stated a number. Simply stating that they're going to win every game possible to reach the post-season would have been sufficient.

Gup
02-10-2009, 01:01 AM
We`ll have to wait and see guys... Hopefully we can pull things together, but after our last game - WOW

Master P
02-10-2009, 01:18 AM
kind of a rant...the Raptors wont win 19 because they can't win 'big' games. over the past two seasons they have not been able, with any regularity, to upset teams / win big games. playoffs this year is out of the question. besides, someone name me a team that went from second last at the all-star break to the playoffs?

i agree that the 1-17 team that won 26 was more entertaining than this. at least those guys eventually overachieved, this team is so frustrating because of unmet expectations. simply one of the most disappointing seasons by any nba team.

rosco
02-10-2009, 01:49 AM
The Raptors won't make the playoffs, yes that small glimpse of hope you have, flush it down the toilet, cause this team isn't making the playoffs, there so disorganized as a Group right now, emotionally and mentally Done. They have been talking about getting it together for the past 2months now, please. This team is a joke...... There a Team without an identity, a team that doesn't know who they are any more. This team needs drastic change and that isn't happening this year.....

Murphy_Dee
02-10-2009, 03:26 AM
I would be very impressed if the Raps could show the grit and determination needed to claw their way into the playoffs, however it's important to recognize that while we see teams like Indiana and Charlotte and think "that's a team we should beat", the Indian and Charlotte fans are looking at our overall record and saying the same thing.

Bob_at_york
02-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I think you're missing my point Bob. You don't go out and plan on winning any amount of games. You go out and try and win every night on a game-to-game basis and it seems like the Raptors are getting ahead of themselves in that regard.

I understand your point, I intentionally didn't quote you. I think the Raptors are going to go out and try and win every night, I think to win 19 games they would have to do that. Now yes, they could be completely wrong about 38 wins being enough but if they get 19 wins the rest of the way and come up short, so be it. They played well in the end and must have tried their best to go 19-11.

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 09:40 AM
i think they juss call it a season and go for the best draft pick possible...

HoopsDrive
02-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I would be very impressed if the Raps could show the grit and determination needed to claw their way into the playoffs, however it's important to recognize that while we see teams like Indiana and Charlotte and think "that's a team we should beat", the Indian and Charlotte fans are looking at our overall record and saying the same thing.

Agreed. Second last in the East with 19-34 is not a fluke folks. We've been bad and lost to some of the worst of the worst: OKC and Memphis anyone? Oh, and both Indiana and Charlotte are ahead of us on the standings.

mpickup
02-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I think a few wins can go a long long way for this team ... get a little swagger and confidence. I mean, if we come out after the all-star break with healthy players, that will really be the first time we've been at full strength all season ... so maybe we ARE capable of meeting lofty expectations for at least the last few months of the season.

JO is a competitor and has shown he is a winner in Indiana
Jose & CB have shown the same thing on the international stage
AP in Europe; Kapono won a ring contributing to the heat as a deadly shooter
Andrea and Joey have come along in their development a lot this season ...

I am the optimist 'til death ... in the aftermath of the Grizzlies game .I had given up ... BUT i've decided not to give up until it's a mathematical impossibility

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 10:00 AM
i dont think were the san antonio spurs, no chance of us making a big impact after the all star break..

HoopsDrive
02-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Mcnabb_vision you're a fan of the Raptors but have a Memphis Grizzlies as your avatar :smoking::smoking::smoking:

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Mcnabb_vision you're a fan of the Raptors but have a Memphis Grizzlies as your avatar :smoking::smoking::smoking:

LOL, i support the grizzles cuz of my favourite player OJ Mayo...lol i need more posts to put it in my sig, so dont get it twisted..now back to the thread...

HoopsDrive
02-10-2009, 10:11 AM
LOL, i support the grizzles cuz of my favourite player OJ Mayo...lol i need more posts to put it in my sig, so dont get it twisted..now back to the thread...

:D

Was jk! My first jacket wasn't even from the Raptors :smoking:

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 10:21 AM
:D

Was jk! My first jacket wasn't even from the Raptors :smoking:

WELL TOO LATE NOW!!..LOL i changed my avatar cuz it does make me look like a grizzlies fan..

anyways, if we lost to OKC and Grizzles and they both have worst records then us, do they have the same chances we do to make the playoffs..lol i dont think so...

HoopsDrive
02-10-2009, 10:27 AM
WELL TOO LATE NOW!!..LOL i changed my avatar cuz it does make me look like a grizzlies fan..

anyways, if we lost to OKC and Grizzles and they both have worst records then us, do they have the same chances we do to make the playoffs..lol i dont think so...

BETTER NOW :D

Well, not on the West... if we were on the West our records would be worse than 19-34 to be honest. If the OKC or Grizzlies were on the East they probably would have the same chance as making to the playoffs as us, Charlotte or Indiana. They're actually not all that bad (well they are...) but they are bad on a conference stacked with good teams which leads to some horrible records like that hehe...

mpickup
02-10-2009, 10:40 AM
February
@ Minnesota WIN (1-0)
vs. SAS LOSE (1-1)
vs. Cleveland LOSE (1-2)
@ NY WIN (2-2)
vs. NY WIN (3-2)
vs. Minnesota WIN (4-2)
@ Phoenix LOSE (4-3)

March
@ Dallas LOSE (4-4)
@ Houston LOSE (4-5)
vs. Miami WIN (5-5)
vs. Utah LOSE (5-6)
@ Philly WIN (6-6)
vs. Detroit LOSE (6-7)
vs. Indy WIN (7-7)
@ Charlotte WIN (8-7)
vs. Charlotte WIN (9-7)
vs. Clippers WIN (10-7)
vs. Milwaukee WIN (11-7)
vs. OKC WIN (12-7)
vs. Chicago WIN (13-7) ... streakin baby!

April
@ Orlando LOSE (13-8)
@ NY WIN (14-8)
vs. NY WIN (15-8)
vs. ATL WIN (16-8)
@ Indy WIN (17-8)
vs. Washington WIN (18-8)
vs. Philly WIN (19-8)
@ Washington WIN (20-8)
@ Chicago WIN (21-8)

There's the wild optimist's predictions.

If we can be even "decent" for the next few weeks, the final 16-18 games of the season could be a crazy run for this team.

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 10:45 AM
February
@ Minnesota WIN (1-0)
vs. SAS LOSE (1-1)
vs. Cleveland LOSE (1-2)
@ NY WIN (2-2)
vs. NY WIN (3-2)
vs. Minnesota WIN (4-2)
@ Phoenix LOSE (4-3)

March
@ Dallas LOSE (4-4)
@ Houston LOSE (4-5)
vs. Miami WIN (5-5)
vs. Utah LOSE (5-6)
@ Philly WIN (6-6)
vs. Detroit LOSE (6-7)
vs. Indy WIN (7-7)
@ Charlotte WIN (8-7)
vs. Charlotte WIN (9-7)
vs. Clippers WIN (10-7)
vs. Milwaukee WIN (11-7)
vs. OKC WIN (12-7)

April
@ Orlando LOSE (13-8)
@ NY WIN (14-8)
vs. NY WIN (15-8)
vs. ATL WIN (16-8)
@ Indy WIN (17-8)
vs. Philly WIN (19-8)
@ Washington WIN (20-8)
@ Chicago WIN (21-8)

If we can be even "decent" for the next few weeks, the final 16-18 games of the season could be a crazy run for this team.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! :speechless:

LOL first a 7 game win streak then a loss to orlando, then we go on a 8 game win streak....that made my day....theres no way jay triano will take us to the playoffs..

Bob_at_york
02-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Oh, and both Indiana and Charlotte are ahead of us on the standings.
It is comments like this that confuse me. Did you think these teams were crap or something? I felt that the Pacers got the better end of the deal with us and it is not surprising that they are ahead of us.

Mcnabb_vision
02-10-2009, 10:59 AM
It is comments like this that confuse me. Did you think these teams were crap or something? I felt that the Pacers got the better end of the deal with us and it is not surprising that they are ahead of us.

i agree, i still think the raps shoulda kept ROY HIBBERT!...then maybe we could of tested bargs in the market since we wouldnt need him anymore :cool:

HoopsDrive
02-10-2009, 11:03 AM

On the contrary. I think we are just as bad as them. :eyebrow:

GodsSon
02-10-2009, 11:21 AM
February
@ Minnesota WIN (1-0)
vs. SAS LOSE (1-1)
vs. Cleveland LOSE (1-2)
@ NY WIN (2-2)
vs. NY WIN (3-2)
vs. Minnesota WIN (4-2)
@ Phoenix LOSE (4-3)

March
@ Dallas LOSE (4-4)
@ Houston LOSE (4-5)
vs. Miami WIN (5-5)
vs. Utah LOSE (5-6)
@ Philly WIN (6-6)
vs. Detroit LOSE (6-7)
vs. Indy WIN (7-7)
@ Charlotte WIN (8-7)
vs. Charlotte WIN (9-7)
vs. Clippers WIN (10-7)
vs. Milwaukee WIN (11-7)
vs. OKC WIN (12-7)

April
@ Orlando LOSE (13-8)
@ NY WIN (14-8)
vs. NY WIN (15-8)
vs. ATL WIN (16-8)
@ Indy WIN (17-8)
vs. Philly WIN (19-8)
@ Washington WIN (20-8)
@ Chicago WIN (21-8)

I think this is what its going to have to take for us to even sniff the post-season, a run a la 02 and winning 9 straight...coincidentally that team also had lost 13 in a row not long before, hopefully we come anymore close to reaching that mark

Bob_at_york
02-10-2009, 11:32 AM
On the contrary. I think we are just as bad as them. :eyebrow:
Then why did you make the comment like it is surprising or that it was a bad thing?

Bob_at_york
02-10-2009, 12:12 PM
So we’re in Minnesota and the Raptors are struggling so we’ll walk down memory lane. I remember it well.

It’s March 19, 2002 (I had to look that up, my memory’s not that good) and they get whacked here by about 30. They’re 30-38, Vince is hurt, Alvin’s hurt, Lenny’s semi-retired and the season’s in the toilet.

They stay the night before flying to Cleveland the next day and an abjectly disgruntled Antonio Davis and Dell Curry walked the six or seven blocks back to the hotel. Somewhere on that walk (and NBA players walking back to a hotel is a Hailey’s Comet kind of occurrence), Dell says to AD: “Enough of this crap, we’re making the playoffs.” And what do they do? Finish the season 11-2 and make it.

Now, the difference between then and now? They have no veteran presences like Dell and Davis. No one to really take a struggling team by scruff of the collective neck and drag it up.

I thought JO and technically AP were vetern presences on the team. I hope they have a conversation like this today.

Link: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Dol-Fan
02-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I thought JO and technically AP were vetern presences on the team. I hope they have a conversation like this today.

Link: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

JO for sure but I don't know if AP has the assertiveness to do it. JO can't carry this team on his back, he's far too inefficient a player.

Bob_at_york
02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
JO for sure but I don't know if AP has the assertiveness to do it. JO can't carry this team on his back, he's far too inefficient a player.

JO is better than AD. We are talking about a Raptors squad that had no Vince remember? Meanwhile speaking about AP, you might be right but at the same time I always kindof thought of Dell as a quiet guy too, not very assertive.

Dol-Fan
02-10-2009, 12:41 PM
JO is better than AD. We are talking about a Raptors squad that had no Vince remember? Meanwhile speaking about AP, you might be right but at the same time I always kindof thought of Dell as a quiet guy too, not very assertive.

Very true. I'm sure that anyone in the NBA (including AP) has enough pride to go on a run, no matter how lax they appear to be. I hope AP is capable of helping the team on a run, although part of me wants the season to fail.

Shark
02-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Hey, new to the forums, I read all the posts so no one has mentioned this but the raptors going 19-11 is unrealistic because there is only 29 games left, not 30. Their record is 19-34 = 53 games. And the 19-11 article came out after their game against memphis, i believe it came out yesterday actually, and I don't know if it's triano's goal or the raptors goal, but instead of setting out a goal to win 19 games, they should focus on winning 1 game at a time, goal setting is good, but don't make it out to think that making the playoffs with 19 more wins will probably get you in, milwauke(25-29) has 28 games left, if they finish off the season 14-14(havent looked at their schedule but giving a scenario) then they finish 39-43(not to mention all those other teams that are 9-13th place that have better records then the raptors) and making the raptors 19 win plan pretty useless.

If Colangelo believes they have a shot then make a trade, if he doesnt then whats the point which is maybe why he hasnt pulled the trigger on any trade because it seems like it's going to be very hard to climb back into the playoff picture, I think he is a good GM and knows what he is doing, he took a gamble of the O'Neal situation and it didnt pay off, but I still believe he is having a solid season contrary to what people are saying and I believe Bosh should take a lot more of the blame because I have seen him perform poorly in a lot of games, and he started HOT in November, but since then, he hasnt performed at nearly anything close to that level and it has showed in the raptors record, it's just what I think, maybe it is plays like jamario's taking a 3 that has cost us losses, I dont know, anyways I am getting off topic so I will end it here.

HoopsDrive
02-10-2009, 04:48 PM

Agreed. Second last in the East with 19-34 is not a fluke folks. We've been bad and lost to some of the worst of the worst: OKC and Memphis anyone? Oh, and both Indiana and Charlotte are ahead of us on the standings.

Then why did you make the comment like it is surprising or that it was a bad thing?

I think you misinterpreted what I said a little bit Bob. I made that original statement because I agreed with Murphy when he said that teams like the Pacers and Bobcats also thought that the Raptors were a team they should beat.

RaptorsFanatic
02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
This is bull and such a horrible mentality for the Raps. Desperate times require desperate measures, but this is going too far...

hawkaveli
02-11-2009, 10:37 PM
true but look at it like this there 2-1 now out of the last 30 games lol i doubt they go 19-11 or even 15-15 but who knows maybe they actually make the playoffs and get swept by cleveland or boston

_Sn1P3r_
02-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Is that 2-0 now?

hawkaveli
02-11-2009, 10:42 PM
nope 2-1 they lost to memphis should have been 3-0

GodsSon
02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
nope, its 2-0 since that statement was made...great win tonight before the all-star break

_Sn1P3r_
02-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Lol,that's what I understood. ^ :shrug:

hawkaveli
02-11-2009, 10:50 PM
this was there 55th game 21-34 82-55 is 27 so the last 3 would be 2-1
i dunno could be wrong just makes sense no?

jrice9
02-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Itsr reasonable imo and I would love them to go on a tear and make it and have some momentum for Boston

SammyJ
02-12-2009, 12:47 AM
February
@ Minnesota WIN (1-0)
vs. SAS LOSE (1-1)
vs. Cleveland LOSE (1-2)
@ NY WIN (2-2)
vs. NY WIN (3-2)
vs. Minnesota WIN (4-2)
@ Phoenix LOSE (4-3)

March
@ Dallas LOSE (4-4)
@ Houston LOSE (4-5)
vs. Miami WIN (5-5)
vs. Utah LOSE (5-6)
@ Philly WIN (6-6)
vs. Detroit LOSE (6-7)
vs. Indy WIN (7-7)
@ Charlotte WIN (8-7)
vs. Charlotte WIN (9-7)
vs. Clippers WIN (10-7)
vs. Milwaukee WIN (11-7)
vs. OKC WIN (12-7)

April
@ Orlando LOSE (13-8)
@ NY WIN (14-8)
vs. NY WIN (15-8)
vs. ATL WIN (16-8)
@ Indy WIN (17-8)
vs. Philly WIN (19-8)
@ Washington WIN (20-8)
@ Chicago WIN (21-8)

Here is a little reminder from the star what did raps do in similar times in 2002.

WE BELIEVE.....WE BELIEVE :clap:

It’s March 19, 2002 (I had to look that up, my memory’s not that good) and they get whacked here by about 30. They’re 30-38, Vince is hurt, Alvin’s hurt, Lenny’s semi-retired and the season’s in the toilet.

They stay the night before flying to Cleveland the next day and an abjectly disgruntled Antonio Davis and Dell Curry walked the six or seven blocks back to the hotel. Somewhere on that walk (and NBA players walking back to a hotel is a Hailey’s Comet kind of occurrence), Dell says to AD: “Enough of this crap, we’re making the playoffs.” And what do they do? Finish the season 11-2 and make it.

Mcnabb_vision
02-12-2009, 10:05 AM
ohhh AD and Dell Curry, those were the days....

hawkaveli
02-12-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't think they going to sweep the series with the knicks maybe 3-1 or 2-2 but sweep i think is out of the picture and Philly i dont think they can beat 2 straight times, there reelin right now without Brand. They might beat Phoenix if Amare's gone by then and Dallas i think they have a legitimate chance against them as well. There only 5 games out of the playoffs and i don't see the bucks or the nets making it. I think it probably will be either the raps (pure hope) or the bobcats.

hawkaveli
02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Here is a little reminder from the star what did raps do in similar times in 2002.

WE BELIEVE.....WE BELIEVE :clap:

Yeah that's true but they had AD, Curry, Boogie Williams, Oakley, Keon, Mo Pete, Christie I believe was still there compared to what we got? I doubt it hopefully it works but i doubt it. Yeah we're only 5 games out now but this raps team is pretty crappy compared to that team and they lost so many games that they should have won. Raps put themselves in this position they could have easily been 5th or 6th if not better

HoopsMachine
02-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Taking a look at their remaining games...

February
@ Minnesota; W
vs. SAS; W
vs. Cleveland
@ NY
vs. NY
vs. Minnesota
@ Phoenix

March
@ Dallas
@ Houston
vs. Miami
vs. Utah
@ Philly
vs. Detroit
vs. Indy
@ Charlotte
vs. Charlotte
vs. Clippers
vs. Milwaukee
vs. OKC
vs. Chicago

April
@ Orlando
@ NY
vs. NY
vs. ATL
@ Indy
vs. Washington
vs. Philly
@ Washington
@ Chicago

Judging from their remaining opponents i would say that 19 wins is doable, giving them 38 on the year and a CHANCE to sneak into the 8th spot; but then again this is a team coming off a horrible performance against the grizzlies and its time for players to either put up or shut up...Thoughts?

The games I highlighted are the ones we absolutely have to win. I think at the end of the season many of these teams will still be neck and neck and it will come down to season series as tiebreakers.

GodsSon
02-13-2009, 09:15 PM
The games I highlighted are the ones we absolutely have to win. I think at the end of the season many of these teams will still be neck and neck and it will come down to season series as tiebreakers.

add miami to that list for two reasons now lol