PDA

View Full Version : Do the cavs still need help?

eriv87
02-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Do the cavs still need help? They havent been able yet to beat a good team besides boston at home, which was a great game. so far what i have seen, is that lebron cant play good against a top team this year.. magic, lakers etc..
i know we have moe williams who is the angel to the cavaliers this season, and z who is pulling down 8-10 boards per game and 15-20 points, which you cant ask for more.

but if you look at the lakers game yesterday the cavs got raped on the boards, usually that isnt a problem, but, they played a good team.. the cavaliers need a big man like amare from phoenix, or a chris bosh, who can grab the boards, and go back up with the ball, and can be confident the ball goes in the hoop.
Cavs get amare, you can chalk up a championship for cleveland, and plan on lebron staying.
if not we may be a little short handed in the playoffs, because ben is a beast on defense, but cant throw a stone into lake erie on offense lately, and it hasnt been looking good for varejaos junmp shot either

how does, wally, varejao, and snow, or gibson sound for amare?? :speechless:

JAZZNC
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
What they need is for Lebron not to miss 15 of 20 shots against a good team. He just played very poorly on the offensive end of the court other than the assists. He just can't shoot that poorly and them have a chance to win. I think that game clearly rests on his shoulders.

eriv87
02-09-2009, 12:10 PM
no agreement on the trade? lebron isnt perfect, whether he thinks he is or everyone else does, his jump shot isnt that good.. i mean i love the man, i'd just like him to go back to his old ways and drive to the basket more, 8 out of 10 times he drives its either gonna go in, or hes gonna get a foul called,

Lakers4ItAll
02-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Yes they need to make a trade tp put them on Lakers/Celtics level IMO

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
LOL

2 washed up players in Eric Snow, and Wally... and a player who's played 1 good game throughout his career, for a franchise player?

eriv87
02-09-2009, 12:56 PM
expiring contracts... wally 14 m snow 6 m

pippsux
02-09-2009, 01:00 PM
They are fine, it's just 1 loss to a team that's hot right now.

eriv87
02-09-2009, 01:16 PM
they are still a hot team, just makes me nervous when they play good teams, still think we need another dominant player.. any suggestions who??:rolleyes:

cmstophe
02-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Not to win the East...but maybe, to win the Finals. The Lakers are just so big.

MJ-BULLS
02-09-2009, 01:23 PM
no cavs have no chance of landing amare with those washed up players

Sport
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Do the cavs still need help? They havent been able yet to beat a good team besides boston at home, which was a great game. so far what i have seen, is that lebron cant play good against a top team this year.. magic, lakers etc..
i know we have moe williams who is the angel to the cavaliers this season, and z who is pulling down 8-10 boards per game and 15-20 points, which you cant ask for more.

but if you look at the lakers game yesterday the cavs got raped on the boards, usually that isnt a problem, but, they played a good team.. the cavaliers need a big man like amare from phoenix, or a chris bosh, who can grab the boards, and go back up with the ball, and can be confident the ball goes in the hoop.
Cavs get amare, you can chalk up a championship for cleveland, and plan on lebron staying.
if not we may be a little short handed in the playoffs, because ben is a beast on defense, but cant throw a stone into lake erie on offense lately, and it hasnt been looking good for varejaos junmp shot either

Please tell me thats a joke?:smoking:

jgonboricua
02-09-2009, 01:43 PM
you guys should make a play for atwan jamison...wally szerbiak and jj hickkson for jamison and haywood works...with the rivalry at the two teams have though dont know if they would do it....imagine

Williams
West
Lebron
Jamison/Wallace
Big Z

you guys could also make a run at richard jefferson...

snickers
02-09-2009, 01:47 PM
man if you guys would of box out more maybe you guys would of won.

you guys let lamar odom get 7 offense rebounds.

eriv87
02-09-2009, 01:58 PM
i'll sure agree with boxing out,, jj hickson got just pushed around down low

CavsYanksDuke
02-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Do you people not understand the idea of economy in NBA trades?

It's not far fetched for the Suns to get rid of Amare for these players with big expiring contracts so that next year, they can spend that money on draft picks or free agents. It gives them freedom to mold a new team.

Trading is not all about how good the players involved are. A lot of times finances play a bigger role than anything.

Hell, look at the Grizzlies. They decided that Pau wasn't going to be the guy to take them to the Promise Land so they traded away him and his big contract so that they could make a youth movement, building around a high draft pick.

It's not likely that that trade is going to happen, but there's no reason to make fun of the guy for bringing up a semi-logical trade.

albertc86
02-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Yes, the Cavs do need help. Mo Williams isn't an all-star, IMHO. If he was on the west coast, he wouldn't even be a top 5 candidate for the PG position.

NYKnickFanatic
02-09-2009, 02:48 PM
No, they dont need help.
If Delonte West was there, they would have won. ;)

Lakers4ItAll
02-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Agreed. I think a player like Jamison or Marion would help the Cavs alot.

Yes, the Cavs do need help. Mo Williams isn't an all-star, IMHO. If he was on the west coast, he wouldn't even be a top 5 candidate for the PG position.

mitch91
02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
i think they could use abit of help, though i understand how people say they dont. but if they trade wally's contract to a team for some help, then more than likely that team would buy wally out as he would be made redundent and the cavs could pick him up for the vets minimum and not lose their chemistry. im not saying that will happen but its a possibility.

also could people in the world of psd check out my bog, my first one
im not trying to advertise myself at all just looking a bit of feedback. thanks

QUICKTRADE
02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
lbj just need to find the hoop and they are fine. he just missed a lot of easy shots he usually makes.

Lakers4ItAll
02-09-2009, 03:05 PM
:rolleyes: right

No, they dont need help.

Lakers4ItAll
02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
It's called good D

lbj just need to find the hoop and they are fine. he just missed a lot of easy shots he usually makes.

eriv87
02-09-2009, 03:11 PM
thanks for all the response guys, appreciate it, really enjoy debating about the cavs, my favorite team, even know cleveland is the most hated city in sports histroy!

GspLAL
02-09-2009, 03:13 PM

Keep dreaming.

GspLAL
02-09-2009, 03:13 PM
No, they dont need help.

If Bynum was there, they would have won by 20;). I can do that too.

lakerboy
02-09-2009, 03:15 PM
You guys need better bigger players! :)

Lakers4ItAll
02-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Because they have won so much right?

thanks for all the response guys, appreciate it, really enjoy debating about the cavs, my favorite team, even know cleveland is the most hated city in sports histroy!

KB24PG16
02-09-2009, 03:22 PM
they should make a run at amare

macc
02-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Yes I think that Clevland should make a trade if they ult want to be in the same catagory as Boston/LA. As stated before they can't beat great teams.

Here is their record against....

The Magic - 0-1

The Lakers - 0-2

The Celtics - 1-1

I would say they need to get rid of Wallace, Wally & Snow, get some younger talent in there that will scramble for balls and give you energy off the bench. The Amare trade isn't realistic but if they could at least shed some of their washed up players salaries then they would have people wanting to sign with them so they can compete for a championship right away. IMO

Stay Classy
Macc

Lakers4ItAll
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
How about Sheed from DET? doubt DET would wanna help them tho

jmtapia
02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
^^^ could be but it seems like the Pistons will use Wallace to try to pry Amare from the Suns.

Missing56&33
02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Clev needs a lot. Lets face it, Varejau, Z, Ben is not going to get it done. They need to get another impact player. Jordan didn't get over the top until Pippen came to town and it took a couple of years for them to gel. The Cavs need to do something by the trade deadline to make them an instant contender.

horry1ur
02-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes.
Amare would be great.Bosh.Marion.Chandler. just to name a few