PDA

View Full Version : If and when any of these teams get Amare....which will upset the Celtics/Cavs?

ProdigyI
02-09-2009, 02:06 AM
So far, it looks like the Nets and Bulls are the front runners to get Amare. Which one, if any, has the better chance of upsetting the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs.

Nets reportedly offered:

Yi
Bobby Simmons
1st rounder

Bulls will probably offer

Tyrus
Gooden
1st rounder

Here will be the projected lineups with Amare inserted

Nets

Harris
Carter
Hassell
Amare
Lopez

Bulls

Rose
Gordon
Deng
Amare
Noah

Nets are inexperienced but that is a pretty solid lineup.

The Bulls will have a new "Big 4" of Rose Gordon Deng and Amare. Bulls have the experince in the playoffs, excluding last year, so come playoff time with amare, I think they will take care of business of the Cavs or Celts.

Which one has the better chance of upsetting cavs or celts in the playoffs with Amare?

Tulanehockey
02-09-2009, 02:24 AM
I wonder if the Nets will cave and dump Carter if they don't make a major move soon.

I voted Bulls, but KG is better at defense than Amare, Ray Allen is better than Gordon defensively, and Paul Pierce can take games over. Deng might go off for thirty on some scrub SF's but not Pierce. Niether the Nets nor the Bulls would be as good as Atlanta last year, who took Boston to seven in the first round.

I think a more plausible scenario is Orlando falling to the 6, 7, or 8 seed and what team would be more afraid of them Cavs or Celts?

Ballah0liC1
02-09-2009, 03:11 AM
wow if the rockets wanted amare we could probably give a better package than that

Blackification
02-09-2009, 03:38 AM
Heat have a better chance of getting Amare than the nets. The nets offer was horrible.

Master Mind
02-09-2009, 03:40 AM
The Heat would definitely be a problem

sp1derm00
02-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Wow, the TT/Gooden/1st offer would be a steal for the Bulls if it went through.

Kyben36
02-09-2009, 08:44 AM
IM not trying to be Biased, but I think the bulls have the best chance at Amare

Badluck33
02-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I have a gut feeling that he will go to the bulls.

I dont think anyone in the league can offer phx any sort of package of available players like Chicago can.

Duncan = Donkey
02-09-2009, 08:50 AM
both offers are pretty terrible

uchiha
02-09-2009, 08:53 AM
didn't feel like it was necessary to include the Heat in your post? when all signs point to Amare being dealt to either the Heat or the Bulls..

kntresistheheat
02-09-2009, 09:52 AM
I think the heat has a 50/50 chance of landing him, Kerr wants a big expiring contract and a young talent along with draft picks. I think we got all that but I dont want trade Beasley:cry: Mr. Kerr I will give you haslem and marion and a pick for Amare....Please!!!

JordansBulls
02-09-2009, 09:57 AM
So far, it looks like the Nets and Bulls are the front runners to get Amare. Which one, if any, has the better chance of upsetting the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs.

Nets reportedly offered:

Yi
Bobby Simmons
1st rounder

Bulls will probably offer

Tyrus
Gooden
1st rounder

Here will be the projected lineups with Amare inserted

Nets

Harris
Carter
Hassell
Amare
Lopez

Bulls

Rose
Gordon
Deng
Amare
Noah

Nets are inexperienced but that is a pretty solid lineup.

The Bulls will have a new "Big 4" of Rose Gordon Deng and Amare. Bulls have the experince in the playoffs, excluding last year, so come playoff time with amare, I think they will take care of business of the Cavs or Celts.

Which one has the better chance of upsetting cavs or celts in the playoffs with Amare?

I think Cleveland could be upset by the Bulls. We always play them well at the UC.

king4day
02-09-2009, 10:08 AM
I picked the Nets because the Heat nor 'other' was an option. The article seems to indicate the Nets don't want to give up their foundation and risk the LBJ sweepstakes for '10. Not sure where you're getting the Nets as a top 2 destination. I'd put the Warriors ahead of them.
All the Bulls have is a lot of young players. I wouldn't say that makes the best package though. The picks are moot since they'd make the playoffs and next year, likely be elite.Tyrus is the only attractive piece.

I wish Larry Brown was our coach. He seems to find the 'needle in a haystack' type deals pretty well.

king4day
02-09-2009, 10:09 AM
I think the heat has a 50/50 chance of landing him, Kerr wants a big expiring contract and a young talent along with draft picks. I think we got all that but I dont want trade Beasley:cry: Mr. Kerr I will give you haslem and marion and a pick for Amare....Please!!!

I think that may have been a counter offer actually (haslem). It sounds like they were still exchanging trade ideas following the Beasley rejection (assuming that was true).

kntresistheheat
02-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Yeah, thats what we are hearing out here that the heat might still be talking to the suns and trying either hand over haslem or add a third team????

I think that may have been a counter offer actually (haslem). It sounds like they were still exchanging trade ideas following the Beasley rejection (assuming that was true).

JJ81
02-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I just hope the Nets dont send Yi to the west, he'll ruin next years all-star voting.

markie8002000
02-09-2009, 10:50 AM
What about if the Pistons get Amare??

ProdigyI
02-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Heat is going after Boozer next year.

Pistons' Joe Dumars wouldn't change their whole team in one damn year.

Between Bulls and Nets

laker1000
02-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I think both teams would be really good with Amare.

daleja424
02-09-2009, 12:44 PM
The Heat will trade for both amare and chandler....watch... The heat are the team that can take down the eatsern powerhouses....

MJ-BULLS
02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
i think if the bulls were to get amare, the bulls will be able to upset the cavs most defentitly but i know if were to face the celtics we will give them a good fight

ProdigyI
02-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah I think Rose, Gordon, Deng, and Amare would be too much against Team LeBron.

Lions #81
02-09-2009, 01:59 PM
ive been hearing a three way deal between detroit,toronto,phoenix

S.J.Basketball
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Neither.

jrodmesche
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
heat have way better chance at getting him then both those teams with haslem and marian

cantstopthee
02-09-2009, 02:14 PM
what if detroit gets him,insta murk

what54!?
02-09-2009, 02:16 PM

Between Bulls and Nets
the heat don't want boozer. The heat will make a trade for a big until 2010 comes by

jrodmesche
02-09-2009, 02:28 PM
both offers are pretty terrible

thats coming from a suns fan find me one suns fan who wants to make either one of those awful trades

but i could find a suns fan who would take hasle marian and a pick

both haslem and marian are better then everyone offered by nets and bulls

Southsideheat
02-09-2009, 02:33 PM
people have to understand that it really doesn't matter what talent the suns are getting. They want expiring contracts regardless of the player. With that, young talent under contract and a draft pick.

markie8002000
02-09-2009, 02:38 PM
ive been hearing a three way deal between detroit,toronto,phoenix

Ya thats true Phoenix would get Prince, Amare would go to Toronto, and Pistons would get Bosh is if the trade would happen.

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online/?p=3352

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/02/07/2009-02-07_kobe_bryant_lebron_james_show_knicks_app.html

ProdigyI
02-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Ya thats true Phoenix would get Prince, Amare would go to Toronto, and Pistons would get Bosh is if the trade would happen.

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online/?p=3352

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/02/07/2009-02-07_kobe_bryant_lebron_james_show_knicks_app.html

That 3 way deal is not happening...Dream on.

Nash to Tyrus would be pretty sick and at least Tyrus offers something that Pheonix hasn't played in 6 years.......DEFENSE

mjt20mik
02-09-2009, 03:05 PM
The only feasible trade would be Amare for Bosh. All the other trades are just jokes. Steve Kerr is that stupid.

Hoopsadvocate
02-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I thought the question was "If and when any of these teams get Amare....which will upset the Celtics/Cavs? " And the two teams being NJ or CHI not who has the better chance at getting them which is what i think the results of the polls indicate, because if u think CHI with Amare is more of a threat than NJ with Amare ur crazy!!!

Harris > Rose VC> gordon Lopez>Noah but thats a matter of opinion. But facts show the Nets already w/o amare were in a battle for 8th seed while the bulls were not so its only logical to think NJ w/ Amare >>>> CHI w/ Amare. Therefor they are the bigger threat to cavs /celts

QUICKTRADE
02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
none! amare's style doesn`t fit with their system so inorder for him to flourish, deal him to New York.

zambo4president
02-09-2009, 03:53 PM
If the Nets seriously think that is a legit offer then Kiki must be on the angel dust.

MiamiHeat
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM

Between Bulls and Nets

An NBA source said the Heat might not be as interested as some thought in Utah forward Carlos Boozer this summer because of his injury woes and the allure of the 2010 free agent market. Boozer lives in Miami during the offseason and can opt out of his contract this summer. But by passing on Boozer, Miami would not only be able to re-sign Dwyane Wade next year but could try to pair him with one of the elite players in the 2010 free agent class. Keep in mind that Wade and LeBron James - the marquee free agent next year - are close friends who have openly talked about playing together.

:shush:

DLeeicious
02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
The only feasible trade would be Amare for Bosh. All the other trades are just jokes. Steve Kerr is that stupid.

Amare for Bosh makes zero sense whatsoever for Toronto. So you claiming it to be the only feasible trade is laughable. ANY trade proposal is more likely to happen than Amare for Bosh, come on now.

Chicagofaithful
02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
this thread isnt about the heat, because there is no way the Suns will take back Shawn Marion, end of story.

kntresistheheat
02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
You bulls fans :rolleyes: are so in denile!

this thread isnt about the heat, because there is no way the Suns will take back Shawn Marion, end of story.

DLeeicious
02-09-2009, 04:49 PM
You bulls fans :rolleyes: are so in denile!

We haven't had a scoring big man in my lifetime! :)

We are allowed to be in denial about this! Although we had a pretty decent scorer for a number of years in the 90s so maybe we deserve to be bad for awhile longer.

Chicagofaithful
02-09-2009, 04:59 PM
lol dude i dont even think we'll get him... so no worries

theuuord
02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
If the Nets seriously think that is a legit offer then Kiki must be on the angel dust.

The point of the trade is not to give an even talent level for Amare. That's not happening. When you announce a fire sale you don't ask for full price.

The Suns want massive cap relief and a youth injection. Which the Bulls and the Nets can both offer.
I personally think the Nets are a longshot (and I'm not really sold on bringing him over here in the first place), but that's precisely the deal that they're offering: 2010 cap relief, young talent with loads of potential, and draft picks.

ProdigyI
02-09-2009, 05:37 PM
The point of the trade is not to give an even talent level for Amare. That's not happening. When you announce a fire sale you don't ask for full price.

The Suns want massive cap relief and a youth injection. Which the Bulls and the Nets can both offer.
I personally think the Nets are a longshot (and I'm not really sold on bringing him over here in the first place), but that's precisely the deal that they're offering: 2010 cap relief, young talent with loads of potential, and draft picks.

Exactly. Well said:clap:

kntresistheheat
02-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Dude, who do you think has the biggest expiring contract the heat with marions 17.8mil and why do you think kerr contacted the heat for but he also wanted our young talent that has not been in the league for a year yet and riley said hell no you can have marion and filler but BEASLEY! So why do you think the nets and bulls have the edge again:confused:

fairandbalanced
02-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Neither of them. Both won't even be able to upset the Pistons with Amare.

_Sn1P3r_
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
The Bulls team will be pretty sick and young too.

ink
02-09-2009, 08:13 PM
None of the also rans in the East are one Amare away from contending. None of them are close to the roster Amare is already playing with in Phoenix. So, no. Amare wouldn't push any of those teams over the top.

prodigy
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
like I said in another forum, cavs might end up getting amare. They really want wally's contract.

wally/AV/2nd

wally/hickson/1st

I think either of these could get it done pending how young they wanna go.

shortlunatic
02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
None of the also rans in the East are one Amare away from contending. None of them are close to the roster Amare is already playing with in Phoenix. So, no. Amare wouldn't push any of those teams over the top.

Does this make sense to anyone??

shortlunatic
02-09-2009, 08:36 PM
like I said in another forum, cavs might end up getting amare. They really want wally's contract.

wally/AV/2nd

wally/hickson/1st

Guy a cavz trade wont happen for this reason. Its not because they dont have pieces to offer, but it would be stupid on clevland's part. Stoudemire wants to be the first option on the team, and with lebron, he definately wont be. If he lands their, he wont be happy and he probably wouldnt resign with them when his contracts up.

ink
02-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Does this make sense to anyone??

What part don't you understand? Amare is not the missing piece any team in the East needs.

The separation between the Cavs and Celtics and the rest of the East couldn't be made up by acquiring Stat. There's too big a gap.

D Roses Bulls
02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
i think the bulls could end up winning the stoudemire sweep stakes, but i would be surprised if someone else came and stole him away. if the bulls get him then i think the bulls could end up upsetting the cavs. im not too worried bout the celtics because i think they will be worn down. i mean you notice garnet's play this season has gone down and he is committing those cheap fouls because he has lost a step. ray allen goes through so many hot and cold streaks its unpredictable where he will be. rose i think is already better then rondo, allen over gordon by a slight edge and i say slight because if gordon gets hot then well he is real hard to stop. pierce over deng, but who knows deng could come around and amare over garnet because garnet is getting old and amare is a very good offensive player and i think both the centers for both teams is a wash. i would be more worried bout the cavs then anything, but this is just all speculation, theres no guaranteethe bulls will get amare so yeah, but who knows. if the heat end up with him then that will jsut be unfair, lol

ink
02-09-2009, 09:04 PM
^ I don't see how a PHX-CHI trade would improve the Suns in any way. Sure, they might pick up the backup PG they've needed for a while (Hinrich), an expiring (Gooden), and a project (Thomas), but they'd regress if they traded for those pieces.

The winner of the trade is the team that gets the best player. Amare is far better than anything the Bulls could give them in return so it would be an "I surrender" trade from Kerr.

carter15
02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
thats coming from a suns fan find me one suns fan who wants to make either one of those awful trades

but i could find a suns fan who would take hasle marian and a pick

both haslem and marian are better then everyone offered by nets and bulls

haslem is not better then tyrus OR yi...if u dont think their better then him today u cant debate that a team looking towards the futur wud rather tyrus or yi then haslem..thats obvious.

I thought the question was "If and when any of these teams get Amare....which will upset the Celtics/Cavs? " And the two teams being NJ or CHI not who has the better chance at getting them which is what i think the results of the polls indicate, because if u think CHI with Amare is more of a threat than NJ with Amare ur crazy!!!

Harris > Rose VC> gordon Lopez>Noah but thats a matter of opinion. But facts show the Nets already w/o amare were in a battle for 8th seed while the bulls were not so its only logical to think NJ w/ Amare >>>> CHI w/ Amare. Therefor they are the bigger threat to cavs /celts

someone finally makes sense...if the nets r better now..how wudnt they be better after getting amare

^ I don't see how a PHX-CHI trade would improve the Suns in any way. Sure, they might pick up the backup PG they've needed for a while (Hinrich), an expiring (Gooden), and a project (Thomas), but they'd regress if they traded for those pieces.

The winner of the trade is the team that gets the best player. Amare is far better than anything the Bulls could give them in return so it would be an "I surrender" trade from Kerr.

the suns arent gonna get a player in return who right now is better then amare END OF STORY...there not looking for that either...there looking for picks, cap relief and some young players...not the best player in the trade.

ink
02-09-2009, 09:29 PM
the suns arent gonna get a player in return who right now is better then amare END OF STORY...there not looking for that either...there looking for picks, cap relief and some young players...not the best player in the trade.

If that's true the point still stands because they're not getting the long-term value they need to rebuild with.

MJ-BULLS
02-09-2009, 09:31 PM

wally/AV/2nd

wally/hickson/1st

:bla:they wont get amare you :crazy:, amare wants to be the guy in the team, u think that lebron will like that no! lebron is the guy.

shortlunatic
02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
What part don't you understand? Amare is not the missing piece any team in the East needs.

The separation between the Cavs and Celtics and the rest of the East couldn't be made up by acquiring Stat. There's too big a gap.

I get you now, it was just the way you worded it was a little confusing. I dont think Amare on the bulls would let us upset the celtics because no one player can do that for you, i just think gettin amare would be the right step towards being a championship together, we will still have needs...But as for the cavs, we already upset them earlier this year lol

dee279
02-09-2009, 10:18 PM
I really dont think that the Cavs will get him because if Kerr is stupid enough to give the cavs Amare then he needs to go back to bein a TV game analyst or wuteva he was

carter15
02-09-2009, 11:08 PM
If that's true the point still stands because they're not getting the long-term value they need to rebuild with.

well beasley
or
tyrus and a 1st
or
anderson yi and a 1st
is a pretty good start to rebuild with..i mean u cant get it all at once..its a process.

Jonathan2323
02-09-2009, 11:13 PM
both offers are ridiculouly horrible. why dont the Suns keep him Kerr is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakers09
02-09-2009, 11:29 PM
i love when the nba gets all mixed up

basketfan4life
02-09-2009, 11:43 PM
both offers are terrible and none of those teams can beat boston with that lineup,but cleveland maybe..
also if he goes to miami,then wade has a massive chance to put second ring to his finger,and they easily beat cavs,but celtics?anything can happen.

carter15
02-09-2009, 11:50 PM
both offers a ridiculouly horrible. why dont the Suns keep him Kerr is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree that their team wud be the best if they kept him...but they cant now after what hes been saying...he already threw nash under the bus and even seems eager to be traded.....hes put kerr is a tough position where the suns dont have much choice but to trade him.

ink
02-09-2009, 11:55 PM
well beasley
or
tyrus and a 1st
or
anderson yi and a 1st
is a pretty good start to rebuild with..i mean u cant get it all at once..its a process.

Possibly. But again, that means that the Suns have given up on this season.

theuuord
02-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Dude, who do you think has the biggest expiring contract the heat with marions 17.8mil and why do you think kerr contacted the heat for but he also wanted our young talent that has not been in the league for a year yet and riley said hell no you can have marion and filler but BEASLEY! So why do you think the nets and bulls have the edge again:confused:

do you know how to read? i never said the Nets have the best shot. as a matter of fact, I said the exact opposite - I said they were a longshot, like a sentence after the bolded part.

talk about confused...

stuckeyballer3
02-10-2009, 12:30 AM
I belive the pistons have more to offer than these other teams (chi, nj). If you think about it Sheed would not only be a good fit for phx, because he can hit threes and spread out the floor. But he'll free up alot of cap space at end of season(about 13 mill)! Amir is still very young and starting to pick up his game he will fit in with the team vary well. If they didnt want that then id say Rip is also a good fit for phx because they can put jrich at SF, and put rip at SG were he will actually do quite well because he needs a passer type at PG. In which he very well would have in Steve Nash:) You cant tell me any other teams could get a win win out of this then both pistons and phx.

sheed, amir, cash and/or picks
for
amare

or even

sheed, hamilton, cash and/or picks
for
amare, barbosa, lopez

doesnt matter, either way we have more differnt trade combos then those horrible trades mentioned above. (excluding heat trade) who is the only other team i would say phx would even think about pulling trigger on. You have to give up talent to recieve it :)

ink
02-10-2009, 12:34 AM
^ I agree that the Pistons have more to offer, and that they're a lot closer to the Cavs and Celtics than any other team. The Pistons are loaded with proven talent.

In fact, I'm amazed that no one else has mentioned the Pistons.

carter15
02-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Possibly. But again, that means that the Suns have given up on this season.

exactly...trading amare sorta means that in itself....only 2 deals will give them a chance this year...pistons where phx gets sheed or ai...and miami if phx were able to get marion and beasley....besides those 2 deals anything wud basically be making the suns much worse for this season.

once their trading amare...i think they mite as well look towards the future...rather then the pistons deal for example.

nets bulls or miami is the way to go for them imo. either 3 first round talents from the nets or 2 or 3 from chicago or beasley..+ expirings in all cases.

with all that being said...i dont think they have much chance to win it all with how there team is not...just doesnt seem to be working very well.

JordansBulls
02-10-2009, 01:10 AM
exactly...trading amare sorta means that in itself....only 2 deals will give them a chance this year...pistons where phx gets sheed or ai...and miami if phx were able to get marion and beasley....besides those 2 deals anything wud basically be making the suns much worse for this season.

once their trading amare...i think they mite as well look towards the future...rather then the pistons deal for example.

nets bulls or miami is the way to go for them imo. either 3 first round talents from the nets or 2 or 3 from chicago or beasley..+ expirings in all cases.

with all that being said...i dont think they have much chance to win it all with how there team is not...just doesnt seem to be working very well.

Why would the Suns need Iverson?