PDA

View Full Version : How good is a healthy Yao Ming?

FaceDown91
02-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Would a healthy Yao Ming be better then Dwight Howard right now? Would Yao Ming be the best center in the league if he was healthy?

Joshtd1
02-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Yao Ming is the best center in the NBA (assuming he is healthy)

YankeeFan89
02-09-2009, 12:56 AM
i agree.

lakers4sho
02-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Yao Ming is the best center in the NBA (assuming he is healthy)

:nod:

KB24PG16
02-09-2009, 12:58 AM
i dont know because hes never 100%

blom85
02-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Yao is one of the most overated superstars on the planet, Al Jefferson from the T-Wolves averages more points and more rebounds then Yoa and he doesn't get an all star appearance, I guess it doesn't help when a whole country is behind one person in the voting polls.

Diego_Le
02-09-2009, 01:33 AM
the reason why Al Jefferson avg more points and rebounds than Yao is because he plays on the T-Wolves and most of the guys surronding don't even compare to the player Yao plays with and Yao has to Share the Ball with his teammates unlike Big Al

Zefflin
02-09-2009, 01:53 AM
Yao is lacking in mental toughness. He's a top 3 center when healthy though.

JordansBulls
02-09-2009, 01:55 AM
Yao can't carry a team like Dwight can.

cegielskijastro
02-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Yao is one of the most overated superstars on the planet, Al Jefferson from the T-Wolves averages more points and more rebounds then Yoa and he doesn't get an all star appearance, I guess it doesn't help when a whole country is behind one person in the voting polls.

Jealous Much? Yao doesnt have to score much when he has a healthy Artest, McGrady, and a team as loaded as the Rockets are, he doesnt get alot of rebounds because Scola is a monster and Landry is pretty good too.... if Yao was by himself he'd have 30 and 12 every nite, but he doesnt need to because the rest of the team doesnt suck

GspLAL
02-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Top 3 centers in the NBA.

1. Dwight
2. Yao
3. Jefferson

Assuming TD is a PF of course.

richardle9
02-09-2009, 02:08 AM

you dont watch yao to know how he plays, yao gets doubled teamed every time he touches the ball, yao i capabale of scoring a lot if he shoots the ball more

oldenpolynice
02-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Would a healthy Yao Ming be better then Dwight Howard right now? Would Yao Ming be the best center in the league if he was healthy?

I guess we'll see at the All-Star game. Dwight's starting and Yao's starting.

theuuord
02-09-2009, 02:17 AM

call me crazy but I don't think that a glorified dunk contest is reallllly gonna show which player is better.

oldenpolynice
02-09-2009, 02:28 AM
call me crazy but I don't think that a glorified dunk contest is reallllly gonna show which player is better.

Early in the game we'll see a little bit. Watching them on the same court is better than setting two lines of stats next to each other. Even if that court is being used for a glorified dunk contest.

theuuord
02-09-2009, 02:52 AM
Early in the game we'll see a little bit. Watching them on the same court is better than setting two lines of stats next to each other. Even if that court is being used for a glorified dunk contest.

I mean, not really. The All-Star game is probably the worst barometer for player evaluation because nobody cares.

I'd rely on two stat lines of 82 NBA games way more than "a little bit" of a "glorified dunk contest."
But that's just me.

FOBolous
02-09-2009, 03:25 AM

Al Jefferson gets averages 20 shots attempts every game while Yao only average 13 shots attempts per game. If Yao gets nearly as much shot attempts per game as Al...he would be averaging 30 pts a game.

Yao won all the head to head matchups he ever had with Dwight. These are their stats from their last 5 games:

Yao: 22 pts 13 rebs
Howard: 13 pts 9 rebs

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Alh43Ni1ixuyTelLudwsx02sPKB4?gid=200 8112219

Yao: 26 pts 10 rebs
Howard: 16 pts 8 rebs

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AhmX3zZrbGSkeaVLhrQM4oOsPKB4?gid=200 8010419

Yao: 19 pts 17 rebs
Howard: 21 pts 11 rebs
^ i guess this is more of a draw
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Avao1yI8XtpVVp7sa6WlzoesPKB4?gid=200 7121910

Yao: 37 pts 7 rebs 4 blks
Howard: 16 pts 12 rebs 1 blks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Am5efKlVFLRKi7.bNbuxlmGsPKB4?gid=200 7031110

Yao: 29 pts 11 rebs 2 blks
Howard: 7 pts 9 rebs 0 blks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Am5efKlVFLRKi7.bNbuxlmGsPKB4?gid=200 6022619

Pitty'09
02-09-2009, 03:49 AM
Yao obviously puts up numbers and is talented. But he is SO SOFT for being big, and also has no problem dissapearing, should lead in boards every year, and defend the paint better. So no, he is not the best center in the league. And I really dont ever think he will stay healthy. He has not proved he can yet in anyway.

JJ81
02-09-2009, 10:36 AM

Big al is one of the best centers vs Yao Ming because he knows how to use Yao's height to his advantage.

prash
02-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Dwight doesn't have any finesse. He just dunks. It takes more skill to do what Yao does out there, even if it looks funny seeing a 7'6" guy take turn-around fade-away jump shots

BTownTeamsRKing
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
very difficult to stop. play an NBA videogame. thats yao healthy

FOBolous
02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
very difficult to stop. play an NBA videogame. thats yao healthy

lol...i love using yao on 2k9

VCaintdead17
02-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Top 3 centers in the NBA.

1. Dwight
2. Yao
3. Jefferson

Assuming TD is a PF of course.

THANK YOU for having Al Jeff in that list

astrosmaniac
02-09-2009, 06:38 PM

a better comparison is their head to head numbers in regular season games over the last 3-4 years. yao dominates those matchups

ATX
02-09-2009, 06:42 PM
A healthy Yao is without question a top three center in the NBA.

Missing56&33
02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
A healthy Yao is as good as any starting center thats not named Tim Duncan. Its not Yao's fault though, he has a guy on his team named Tracy McGrady that cant get out of the first round. Tmac needs to step up and Yao will help him

macc
02-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Dwight doesn't have any finesse. He just dunks. It takes more skill to do what Yao does out there, even if it looks funny seeing a 7'6" guy take turn-around fade-away jump shots

If you think Howard doesn't have any finesse then you simply haven't watched him play. Yes he dunks alot because he's a force and pushes people out of his way where Yao Ming is soft and can't go through anyone, or at least doesn't try to.

On Yao Ming I honestly don't understand why that guy isn't dominating the game of Basketball right now. He's almost 10' tall, can shoot a 3 and has good low post moves. At the very least he should be leading the league in Rebounds and blocks for his size alone (Howard is leading in both stats fyi) I'm not a Rockets fan but I don't see Houston getting better from year to year with Yao where as the Magic improve tremendously with Howards improvment. Maybe it's because Yao is always hurt but thats the NBA, some people just break easy. Some not so much. Savy

macc
02-09-2009, 07:02 PM
A healthy Yao is as good as any starting center thats not named Tim Duncan. Its not Yao's fault though, he has a guy on his team named Tracy McGrady that cant get out of the first round. Tmac needs to step up and Yao will help him

On the defense for McGrady he has always elevated his level of playing in the playoffs, check his stats. I know stats aren't everything but until the year before last that was really the only series that they were the favorites and not by much. They played a very talented Utah Jazz with a deep bench.

madiaz3
02-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Yao tears up Dwight in head to head matchups.

Lakers4ItAll
02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Yao is WEAK

MiamiHeat
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I'd take Dwight Howard over Yao any day

:shrug:

what54!?
02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I'd take Dwight Howard over Yao any day

:shrug:
+ 1 but yao is still a beast

MiamiHeat
02-09-2009, 07:26 PM
^ yeah he still top 2 or 3 when healthy

He is unstoppable in my video game

I had to create a 7'7 center to stop him :p

pippsux
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Dwight is the best center in the game. Yao is #2 and there is no shame there. But to answer the question, a healthy Yao Ming is very good.

macc
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik

This pretty much sums up Yao Ming being soft. He gets rejected by Nate Robinson and even gets injured on the play

FOBolous
02-09-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik

This pretty much sums up Yao Ming being soft. He gets rejected by Nate Robinson and even gets injured on the play

If Yao = Soft and Yao > Howard almost everytime they play against each other so does that mean Howard = softer?

Kakaroach
02-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Yao can't carry a team like Dwight can. Dwight Howard doesn't carry the Magic, their 3-point shooting does. Yao Ming, if healthy, is the best center in the NBA. Unlke Howard, Yao can actually shoot free throws.

macc
02-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Dwight Howard doesn't carry the Magic, their 3-point shooting does. Yao Ming, if healthy, is the best center in the NBA. Unlke Howard, Yao can actually shoot free throws.

Yes and the Magic wouldn't have their 3point shot without Dwight taking all the double and tripple teams. Watch a Magic game. Just about every 3 they take is completely wide open. Thankyou for supporting the case of Dwight Howard eventhough you had no idea you were doing it.

Bottom line is the Magic have gotten better and better every year longer Dwight has been in the league. Now let me ask you this, have the Rockets improved in the last 3-5 years? It was just a few years ago the Magic weren't even in the playoffs, now they are an elite team. It all starts with their anchor Dwight Howard.

theuuord
02-09-2009, 11:41 PM
If Yao = Soft and Yao > Howard almost everytime they play against each other so does that mean Howard = softer?

Exactly. What it really means is that people arbitrarily assign the term "soft" and use it in arguments like it really matters.

I could care less if the general public considers someone "soft." I'd rather be considered soft by a bunch of fans and happen to be really really good at basketball then "hard" and suck.

Joshtd1
02-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Yao is the best center. He doesnt get the ball enough to shoot because of Tmac and Artest.

I guess people are forgetting how he averaged 25 and 11 or however many rebounds just a couple of years ago.

Yao has the complete offensive package, and is someone you can give the ball to at the end of the game....Dwight isnt someone that you give the ball to at the end and say "win me this game".

val_modus
02-09-2009, 11:57 PM
ok, im a rockets fan so here i go
NO NO NO
he can never flat out dominate a game, he settles for terrible shots, weak around the basket, terrible hands, soft at times, rarely shows up against upper echelon teams.
Best center in NBA= Tim Duncan

theuuord
02-10-2009, 12:00 AM
NO NO NO
he can never flat out dominate a game, he settles for terrible shots, weak around the basket, terrible hands, soft at times, rarely shows up against upper echelon teams.

Tim Duncan is a power forward...

FOBolous
02-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Yao is the best center. He doesnt get the ball enough to shoot because of Tmac and Artest.

I guess people are forgetting how he averaged 25 and 11 or however many rebounds just a couple of years ago.

Yao has the complete offensive package, and is someone you can give the ball to at the end of the game....Dwight isnt someone that you give the ball to at the end and say "win me this game".

:clap:

Yao won more games for us in the 4th quarter this season than Tmac or Artest.

FOBolous
02-10-2009, 12:08 AM
NO NO NO

it seems like you and me are watching two different players. Yao can't dominate games? have you not seen all the 4th quarters he won for us this season? he settle for terrible shots? is that while he's averagine over 50% from the field? weak around the baskets? is that why he average close to 2 rebounds per game? soft at times? no matter how "soft" you think he is...he regular dominates opposing centers...including dwight howard. rarely shows up against upper echelon teams? :pity:

val_modus
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
it seems like you and me are watching two different players. Yao can't dominate games? have you not seen all the 4th quarters he won for us this season? he settle for terrible shots? is that while he's averagine over 50% from the field? weak around the baskets? is that why he average close to 2 rebounds per game? soft at times? no matter how "soft" you think he is...he regular dominates opposing centers...including dwight howard. rarely shows up against upper echelon teams? :pity:

Show me his stats against Boston, LA, and these upper teams, yaaaa not so good. And how many games has the completley lost this year by missing point blank game winners, or getting the ball stolen, or not having the ability to get this, "catch the basketball" cmon man, even if Timmy D is a PF i would still take him at C over Yao,

GSW fan
02-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Yao is a gentle giant
Dwight is a beast

astrosmaniac
02-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Show me his stats against Boston, LA, and these upper teams, yaaaa not so good. And how many games has the completley lost this year by missing point blank game winners, or getting the ball stolen, or not having the ability to get this, "catch the basketball" cmon man, even if Timmy D is a PF i would still take him at C over Yao,

thats cause he is a top 10 player of all time (at least IMO)

Tmac,lt,berkman
02-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Yao MINg is way better than dwight howard the only thing dwight can do is jump he has no offensive game besides that.

FOBolous
02-10-2009, 12:44 AM

the only elite team Yao struggle against is the Spurs...

Yao scored 26 pts, grabbed 8 rebs, and blocked 2 shots for the Rockets in a win against Boston.

Yao recently had a 19 pts, 17 rebs, and 3 blks effort against the Lakers

He ALWAYS perform against the Magic battling Howard down low...he dominated Orlando with a 22 pts and 13 rebs game earlier this season

He had 21 pts against the Hornets the first time he played against the Hornets this season and a 19/12 game the second time he met them.

He also had 2 30 pts games against Denver this season in addition to an 18/11 game.

so there...i prove your "ge rarely shows up against upper echelon teams" statement wrong.

Chaudhry
02-10-2009, 01:01 AM
i hate this arguement that a guy whose 7'6 should be dominating just because of his height... its not that simple... what if yao had dwights power and hops... with yaos shot and dwight's athleticism that would make an unbelievable player... so I could say if dwight developed a shot from further then 2 feet from the basket he could dominate...

i love dwights game and his personality... he's one of my favorite players... but so is Yao... and a healthy Yao is better then a healthy dwight howard

JordansBulls
02-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Well Yao has been on pretty solid teams now for at least 4 years and has had another star player alongside him, but hasn't gotten out of round 1.

tymonic1
02-10-2009, 01:20 AM
yao #1

Joshtd1
02-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Well Yao has been on pretty solid teams now for at least 4 years and has had another star player alongside him, but hasn't gotten out of round 1.

You put a healthy Yao with Nelson/Turk/Lewis, Im sure they would be pretty good. Plus playing in the east, Im sure he could get out.

Chronz
02-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Yao is the best center. He doesnt get the ball enough to shoot because of the offense they run.
Fixed it

Guess what coach that was, and who was on the team with him

JordansBulls
02-10-2009, 12:06 PM
You put a healthy Yao with Nelson/Turk/Lewis, Im sure they would be pretty good. Plus playing in the east, Im sure he could get out.

And you put Dwight with a healthy Tmac, Artest, Battier and see what happens.

chicagowhitesox
02-10-2009, 12:23 PM
i think dwight is better when both are 100%. hard to tell, though. i don't remember the last time yao was completely healthy.

theuuord
02-10-2009, 01:33 PM
I'd take 82 games of Yao over 82 games of Dwight, but I'd take 82 games of Dwight over 50 games of Yao any day, which has been the norm the last few seasons.

mrblisterdundee
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
A healthy Yao Ming is the second best center in the league, but his health is exactly why he'll never get there.

The Ooh Child
02-10-2009, 01:44 PM
It would be very easy to argue that Yao is the best center in the world. Although, if I had to pick between Dwight and Yao, I would take Dwight. Their skill sets and impact on the game are comparable, but I would prefer Dwight because of his aggressive style of play.

Vidball
02-10-2009, 01:52 PM
These 'if Yao were healthy' threads are funny. Yao is never healthy. It's kinda like saying, 'How good would Dwight Howard be if he had Duncan's mid-range game'...take things for what they are.

Howard far and away the best center in the NBA right now. He is averaging 5 more rebounds and 1 more block per game than Yao (even though he's 7 inches shorter), scoring more, shooting better from the field, gets more steals, plays better man-to-man and help D, etc. and he's doing it all while leading his team to one of the best records in the league. Howard is the top center in the NBA and it's not near as close as many on here believe. Yao has a solid team around him and might not make the playoffs (Artest, Battier, Scola, TMac, Landry). Put Howard on that team instead of Yao and they would be battling S.A. and DEN for the #2 spot out West.

JordansBulls
02-10-2009, 02:18 PM
It would be very easy to argue that Yao is the best center in the world. Although, if I had to pick between Dwight and Yao, I would take Dwight. Their skill sets and impact on the game are comparable, but I would prefer Dwight because of his aggressive style of play.

Certain teams would work better having Yao then having Dwight.

Fire&Ice2&33
02-10-2009, 02:22 PM
D.Howard cant do wat Yao Ming does!! He cant even shoot free-throws,he cant shoot,the only thing he does is dunk ...Health Yao,no healthy Yao,he is better than Dwight

leftymo
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Yao is a very good allstar. Yao isn't a superstar, nor has he learned how to take over or dominate a game.

Make teams deal with him. His durability is certainly a problem as is his conditioning.

If you were to ask me who's more likely to win a championship in the next five years. I'd say Dwight Howard more than I would say Yao Ming. B/c of those intangibles.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Who knows how good he would be if he were healthy? Never has been, never will. When you weigh 310 lbs, you need time off. Houston knew they were getting a guy whose body would take a pounding by 30 when they drafted him. Zero sympathy deserved

The Ooh Child
02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Certain teams would work better having Yao then having Dwight.

No doubt. I didn't say anything close to the contrary of what you just said. I just said I am a bigger fan of Dwight's style of play over Yao's because Dwight is more aggressive.

Kabowdos
02-10-2009, 04:01 PM

Not better than Dwight. NO WAY. His team is the fourth best in the league right now. He is having a great season.

Yao has Tracy, Artest, Scola, Battier, Alston.
Dwight has Nelson, Lewis, Turkalu.
Really hard to argue their help difference because it is close, so just look at their records.

He would not be the best in the league if he was healthy, but he is one of the top. If he can't stay healthy, what good is he?

Joshtd1
02-10-2009, 04:16 PM
And you put Dwight with a healthy Tmac, Artest, Battier and see what happens.

A healthy, but washed up Tmac? A selfish Artest?

I really dont think the Rockets would be all that improved honestly.

nd4T.O.
02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
you let me know when Yao is healthy once and ill let you know how good he is haha

Hawkeye15
02-10-2009, 04:23 PM
The whole, if healthy thing is stupid. There are some guys that don't have the makeup to play 100%. period. Kobe Bryant is/has been playing with a torn ligament on his shooting hand for what, a year? I don't see a "what if Kobe's finger was 100%" thread. McGrady and Yao are not players capable of playing at their best with pain. Oh well. Tough ****

NYMetros
02-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Yao is spectacular when he is healthy. Definitely one of the best players in the NBA when he is 100%. But obviously, that is a huge problem for him over the past few years so it drops him down a bit. I would rather have Dwight then Yao because Dwight is younger and has more upside, but talent wise, Yao is superior.

nd4T.O.
02-10-2009, 04:25 PM
The whole, if healthy thing is stupid. There are some guys that don't have the makeup to play 100%. period. Kobe Bryant is/has been playing with a torn ligament on his shooting hand for what, a year? I don't see a "what if Kobe's finger was 100%" thread. McGrady and Yao are not players capable of playing at their best with pain. Oh well. Tough ****

i agree totally

astrosmaniac
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
These 'if Yao were healthy' threads are funny. Yao is never healthy. It's kinda like saying, 'How good would Dwight Howard be if he had Duncan's mid-range game'...take things for what they are.

Howard far and away the best center in the NBA right now. He is averaging 5 more rebounds and 1 more block per game than Yao (even though he's 7 inches shorter), scoring more, shooting better from the field, gets more steals, plays better man-to-man and help D, etc. and he's doing it all while leading his team to one of the best records in the league. Howard is the top center in the NBA and it's not near as close as many on here believe. Yao has a solid team around him and might not make the playoffs (Artest, Battier, Scola, TMac, Landry). Put Howard on that team instead of Yao and they would be battling S.A. and DEN for the #2 spot out West.

that is the result of his team playing a SF at the PF spot. when theres no PF to fight you for the rebound, your going to get more rebounds. switch yao and dwight and yao would have more rebounds

jrodmesche
02-10-2009, 05:24 PM
lol no

macc
02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
that is the result of his team playing a SF at the PF spot. when theres no PF to fight you for the rebound, your going to get more rebounds. switch yao and dwight and yao would have more rebounds

I disagree. Lewis may play PF alot but he's still 6'10'', plus Howard has Turk to compete with rebounds who is also 6'10". It's not like he has some small guys working around him. Howard rebounds a lot because he's a beast on the boards. Watch a Magic game once and watch how fast he gets to rebounds.

Gorgon2k
02-10-2009, 05:46 PM
ok if you want to compare how many pts yao would have if he took as many shots as Big Al, then just do the math. Yao Averages 12.9 attempts and 6.4 FT attempts. hes shooting .547 and gets to the at a ration of 1 FT to 2 FG attempts. considering he never shoots 3s.. it would equate to just over 25ppg, considering a comparison to Al Jeffersons 19.5 attempts per game. Yao averages 22% of his teams rebounds while Al Jefferson averages 26% of his teams rebounds. Yao gets 20% of his teams pts, while Al Jefferson has 23%. Yao also averages 4 less minutes per game. SOOO as far as efficency you gotta give it to Yao, but i would take jefferson anyday(age)

blom85
02-15-2009, 10:57 PM
it seems like you and me are watching two different players. Yao can't dominate games? Have you not seen all the 4th quarters he won for us this season? He settle for terrible shots? Is that while he's averagine over 50% from the field? Weak around the baskets? Is that why he average close to 2 rebounds per game? Soft at times? No matter how "soft" you think he is...he regular dominates opposing centers...including dwight howard. Rarely shows up against upper echelon teams? :pity:

wow 2 rebounds a game!? What was i thinking when i said he was overated!?

FOBolous
02-15-2009, 11:23 PM

it was a typo man.

FOBolous
02-15-2009, 11:24 PM
ok if you want to compare how many pts yao would have if he took as many shots as Big Al, then just do the math. Yao Averages 12.9 attempts and 6.4 FT attempts. hes shooting .547 and gets to the at a ration of 1 FT to 2 FG attempts. considering he never shoots 3s.. it would equate to just over 25ppg, considering a comparison to Al Jeffersons 19.5 attempts per game. Yao averages 22% of his teams rebounds while Al Jefferson averages 26% of his teams rebounds. Yao gets 20% of his teams pts, while Al Jefferson has 23%. Yao also averages 4 less minutes per game. SOOO as far as efficency you gotta give it to Yao, but i would take jefferson anyday(age)

I disagree. Lewis may play PF alot but he's still 6'10'', plus Howard has Turk to compete with rebounds who is also 6'10". It's not like he has some small guys working around him. Howard rebounds a lot because he's a beast on the boards. Watch a Magic game once and watch how fast he gets to rebounds.

just because you're tall doesn't mean you're a good rebounder. height has nothing to do with it. neither Lewis or Hedo are good rebounders. Lewis averages 5 rpg for his career while Turkoglu averages 4 for his career. Dwight Howard is pretty much the only good rebounder on the team...no1 else on that team can rebound much. add that to the fact that Orlando love to jack 3 pts shots and you can see why Howard averages so many rebounds per game. i'm not saying that Howard isn't an amazing rebounder...just that he won't averaging the rediculous 14 rebounds per game he's averaging right now.

cHi8DaL5LA420
02-15-2009, 11:39 PM
i was just arguing with this ****in ***** today in person that yao ming is a hell of a player he is not even 100% right now and he is average 20 points and 10 boards a game... i mean come on... thats tough!!!

theuuord
02-15-2009, 11:47 PM

Are you really trying to use a typo as a point in your favor?

:eyebrow:

JordansBulls
02-16-2009, 01:56 AM
i was just arguing with this ****in ***** today in person that yao ming is a hell of a player he is not even 100% right now and he is average 20 points and 10 boards a game... i mean come on... thats tough!!!

Ok, and what is Dwight getting?

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Finally some smart guys here

KnicksorBust
03-03-2009, 07:58 PM
I love Yao Ming. I want the Knicks to go for him in 2010. We're not getting LeBron. Imagine the $$$ in a China-NY combination.

superkegger
03-03-2009, 08:07 PM
A healthy Yao is this good. *stretchs arms real wide*

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Yao Ming is the best center in the world when healthy, The Verdict approves.

greatest2
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Yao Ming is the best center in the world when healthy, The Verdict approves.

thats why he got murdered in the polls

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
thats why he got murdered in the polls
Logic > polls

Of course, you are not good enough to use logic yet, little man.

greatest2
03-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Logic > polls

Of course, you are not good enough to use logic yet, little man.

34>4.... thats more than just winning, thats a landslide. but hey, i guess this means George Bush's approvers have reason to still think he was a good president right?? :rolleyes:

Kakaroach
03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Yao is the best center in the NBA when completely healthy. BTW, polls prove nothing when the voters have no idea what they are talking about and only vote for Howard just cuz he can throw it down and they saw him at the dunk contest...

greatest2
03-03-2009, 09:44 PM
get off...hes healthy now, and Howard is better. its hard to believ 34 to 4 lies.

Chaudhry
03-03-2009, 10:02 PM
34>4.... thats more than just winning, thats a landslide. but hey, i guess this means George Bush's approvers have reason to still think he was a good president right?? :rolleyes:

bush got re-elected that means that was the right decision by the voters?

greatest2
03-03-2009, 10:08 PM
bush got re-elected that means that was the right decision by the voters?

im talking bout approval ratings son, the opinions given BY THE PEOPLE...election polls aint reliable, its the electoral college that decides. thats politics n thats a different story. go back to school

Kakaroach
03-03-2009, 10:11 PM
im talking bout approval ratings son, the opinions given BY THE PEOPLE...election polls aint reliable, its the electoral college that decides. thats politics n thats a different story. go back to school HAHA you just said polls aren't reliable. Contradiction...:p

greatest2
03-03-2009, 10:17 PM
HAHA you just said polls aren't reliable. Contradiction...:p

im sorry, but if u think ELECTION POLLS are reliable, then you have alot to learn my friend. you are only makin a fool of yourself

Chaudhry
03-03-2009, 10:22 PM
im talking bout approval ratings son, the opinions given BY THE PEOPLE...election polls aint reliable, its the electoral college that decides. thats politics n thats a different story. go back to school

Bush also had more votes in general "son"... honestly don't be such an *****... it doesn't display as much intelligence as u may think... approval ratings aren't the opinion of EVERYBODY its a small number of people who are polled...

greatest2
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Bush also had more votes in general "son"... honestly don't be such an *****... it doesn't display as much intelligence as u may think... approval ratings aren't the opinion of EVERYBODY its a small number of people who are polled...

The same as we poll here, not everybody, but the people who care enough to vote, and he had less than 30% approval, and for a good reason. oh yea, and that last second recount of Florida really seamed truthful. Either way, voting is picking who you think will be best, over two candidates. the approval rating is wether they did a good job or not.

im not tryin to sound super intelligent, im tryin sound sane. Almost 90% of the people who voted in that poll voted for Howard. Are you saying we are all just "following the media"?? I dint even watch the dunk contest, i can care less about that stuff which was the reasoning someone used. the point is, Howard is the best center in this league at this point in time.

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
get off...hes healthy now, and Howard is better. its hard to believ 34 to 4 lies.
He's like 80-90% he's just playing. That doesn't really mean he's 100%.

Yao Ming is the best center in the league when healthy. He's still averaging nearly 20/10 despite playing 33 minutes.

greatest2
03-03-2009, 10:39 PM
He's like 80-90% he's just playing. That doesn't really mean he's 100%.

Yao Ming is the best center in the league when healthy. He's still averaging nearly 20/10 despite playing 33 minutes.

so...never once has he averaged more than 11 rebounds a season.

Chronz
03-03-2009, 10:39 PM
So if we get any 50% shooter and give him more shots we can expect his FG% to stay the same, thats some pretty spotty analysis. You have to account for some kind of regression and you have to consider the players skill set and why his touches are limited. Using floor% is a much better way of measuring a players contributions without the effects of pace.

Yao is still the best center in the league but Dwight has closed the gap considerably in such a short amount of time, he may very well be the best but Ill wait for the playoffs to make my choice in his favor.

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
So if we get any 50% shooter and give him more shots we can expect his FG% to stay the same, thats some pretty spotty analysis. You have to account for some kind of regression and you have to consider the players skill set and why his touches are limited. Using floor% is a much better way of measuring a players contributions without the effects of pace.

Yao is still the best center in the league but Dwight has closed the gap considerably in such a short amount of time, he may very well be the best but Ill wait for the playoffs to make my choice in his favor.
Well Spoken Chronz, Well spoken.

Yao is currently the best, but we can change our minds when the playoffs start.

greatest2
03-03-2009, 10:43 PM
wow you guys are delusional.

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Because I don't think he's better than Yao, I'm delusional? ROFL, We have our opinions, but we also Logic. You aren't the best at using logic son.

yuns554
03-03-2009, 10:51 PM
all dwight can do is jump but thats all he needs. if your talking about basketball skills you hav to give it to yao because he can actually shoot

greatest2
03-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Because I don't think he's better than Yao, I'm delusional? ROFL, We have our opinions, but we also Logic. You aren't the best at using logic son.

no, your delusional because of the way you say it. Thats not how you started before, you made it sound as thow you were a basketball ****** if you thought Howard was better. Theres nothing wrong with opinion, which is why i dont flame those who come in respectably and give good points why they think Yao is better. I gave my points and you shot me down. thats why i think you are delusional.

In my overall opinion, it depends what you expect to get out of a center. In my eyes, I like a center who bangs down low with the toughest, gobbles up rebounds, and blocks shots. If you want a more versatile center who can hurt you offensively if you are not very careful, then Yao is your answer. With that all said, I thin Dwight is the best.

Fire&Ice2&33
03-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Yao ming is the best

greatest2
03-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Yao ming is the best

your opinion has already been void because of the way you went into the bulls forum sayin yao was the best and that we would see why we needed him saturday, and we sure didnt.

Fire&Ice2&33
03-03-2009, 11:09 PM
your opinion has already been void because of the way you went into the bulls forum sayin yao was the best and that we would see why we needed him saturday, and we sure didnt.

Hahaha that was a crazy game,the game was suppose to be over,but I guess something crazy had to happen!! They are tired of us beating the Bulls

dahill33
03-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Glad somebody else sees how overrated Oww Ming is. He's decent but no better than any other center. See Bynum, Oden, Howard and Jefferson in 2 more years when all will be a little more experienced an all stars and we'll see if they get the same biased exposure Oww Ming gets. It's all about the money. Not because of his skills.

greatest2
03-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Hahaha that was a crazy game,the game was suppose to be over,but I guess something crazy had to happen!! They are tired of us beating the Bulls

lol nice try. but if yao is what you want, then i guess you are happy.

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 11:17 PM
no, your delusional because of the way you say it. Thats not how you started before, you made it sound as thow you were a basketball ****** if you thought Howard was better. Theres nothing wrong with opinion, which is why i dont flame those who come in respectably and give good points why they think Yao is better. I gave my points and you shot me down. thats why i think you are delusional.

In my overall opinion, it depends what you expect to get out of a center. In my eyes, I like a center who bangs down low with the toughest, gobbles up rebounds, and blocks shots. If you want a more versatile center who can hurt you offensively if you are not very careful, then Yao is your answer. With that all said, I thin Dwight is the best.
Still clueless huh? Talk to me when you at least type like an 8th grader.

Chaudhry
03-03-2009, 11:25 PM
The same as we poll here, not everybody, but the people who care enough to vote, and he had less than 30% approval, and for a good reason. oh yea, and that last second recount of Florida really seamed truthful. Either way, voting is picking who you think will be best, over two candidates. the approval rating is wether they did a good job or not.

im not tryin to sound super intelligent, im tryin sound sane. Almost 90% of the people who voted in that poll voted for Howard. Are you saying we are all just "following the media"?? I dint even watch the dunk contest, i can care less about that stuff which was the reasoning someone used. the point is, Howard is the best center in this league at this point in time.

i said re-election

im trying to say you cant base the arguement on any poll because people very often vote with their hearts and guts rather then heads... thats how bush won... bush promised security gut says security is good... same here... because of the whole allstar thing his rookie year people are sour about yao, you add the dunk competition thing and peoples hearts are swayed... thus they vote with their heart...

if you took a worldwide vote i would guess yao would win but thats not accurate either...

JayW_1023
03-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Dwight is a better rebounder, shotblocker and finisher. He is better running the floor and a better athlete.

Yao is a better passer, has better court awareness and is more polished with his back to the basket game. He is also a much better perimeter and free throw shooter.

Dwight is the better athlete, Yao the better basketball player...as of now. In two years Howard will be the L's best big by a landslide if he keeps improving at this pace.

Verbal Christ
03-04-2009, 09:12 AM
some of you kids make me laugh. one of you said that yao and dwight would settle 'whos best' at the all-star game??? HILARIOUS!! Then most of you want to bring up stats to settle the matter, okay 20 and 10 every night ... how many players are doing that? 2 .. the only 2 who should be in the discussion. now check thier head to heads and shut up. in 2 years dwight could very well be the best in the biz, but today .. he's not.

hotdogbun
03-04-2009, 10:38 AM
there is no such thing as a healthy yao ming or healthy tmac

hotdogbun
03-04-2009, 10:39 AM
some of you kids make me laugh. one of you said that yao and dwight would settle 'whos best' at the all-star game??? HILARIOUS!! Then most of you want to bring up stats to settle the matter, okay 20 and 10 every night ... how many players are doing that? 2 .. the only 2 who should be in the discussion. now check thier head to heads and shut up. in 2 years dwight could very well be the best in the biz, but today .. he's not.

and yao is? ooooooookay

RealistRocket34
03-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Dwight is a better rebounder, shotblocker and finisher. He is better running the floor and a better athlete.

Yao is a better passer, has better court awareness and is more polished with his back to the basket game. He is also a much better perimeter and free throw shooter.

Dwight is the better athlete, Yao the better basketball player...as of now. In two years Howard will be the L's best big by a landslide if he keeps improving at this pace.
Very well said, However Dwight may be the very next Shawn Kemp. If he does not improve his skills then he will not be in the league very long.

Only reason why Shaq is still in the league despite being injury prone is how effective he is offensively. He can still dominate offensively and as Dwyane Wade said last season in the playoffs. He wasn't utilized correctly...They made him play pick n roll defense which is one of his biggest flaws still.

I'm not going to be convinced until Dwight can prove what he can do offensively, whether that's getting a go to move, hitting a mid-range jumper or making his free throws.

Until one of those occur, Yao Ming will be the best center.

The Panch
03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Yao Ming is the best center when 90% healthy.

greatest2
03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Very well said, However Dwight may be the very next Shawn Kemp. If he does not improve his skills then he will not be in the league very long.

Only reason why Shaq is still in the league despite being injury prone is how effective he is offensively. He can still dominate offensively and as Dwyane Wade said last season in the playoffs. He wasn't utilized correctly...They made him play pick n roll defense which is one of his biggest flaws still.

I'm not going to be convinced until Dwight can prove what he can do offensively, whether that's getting a go to move, hitting a mid-range jumper or making his free throws.

Until one of those occur, Yao Ming will be the best center.

You can crticize me all you want, ima still type the way i feel like typin, and still not agree with you.

Well if your scoring more points than yao ming, how is that not being effective offensively?? Wether you get them in jumpshots or dunks, you are getting it done, and cant make excuses. I agree that Yao is very versatile which makes him a very dangerous player on the court. he calls lots of double teams and will hurt you badly if you are not careful with him. But Dwight will hurt you just as bad if you dont have a player strong enopugh to contest with him. Thats why I like him more, because he hurts on offense as well as Yao Ming, but defends beter than him. 5 more rebounds and 1.5 more blocks speaks for itself.

And how can Dwight not stay in the league very long if he doesnt improve?? what does he need to improve?? All shaq does is post up and dominate, rebound, and block shots. He never had a great FT% or mid-range and nobody said at that time he needed to get that stuff down. Dwight is gonna stick to what he does best and improve on that rather than try and wpork on a mid range jumper that he doesnt need.

greatest2
03-04-2009, 05:59 PM
i said re-election

im trying to say you cant base the arguement on any poll because people very often vote with their hearts and guts rather then heads... thats how bush won... bush promised security gut says security is good... same here... because of the whole allstar thing his rookie year people are sour about yao, you add the dunk competition thing and peoples hearts are swayed... thus they vote with their heart...

if you took a worldwide vote i would guess yao would win but thats not accurate either...

ok, i see your point. But i am not one of those people. I can care less about a dunk contest, i dint even watch it. I just look at both players in the game and decide who i think would be the best center on my team if i had to put one together. I like what Dwight does over Yao, but thats my style of play, and he fits my idea of a perfect center. If a center who is very versatile and hits jumphshots is your idea of a center, then i guess Yao is your man. So i think it really just comes down to what is your idea of a center.

RealistRocket34
03-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Wow, my good. Fix your spelling. Post when you can honestly type like a mature person. You sound like a 5th grader on AIM.

greatest2
03-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Wow, my good. Fix your spelling. Post when you can honestly type like a mature person. You sound like a 5th grader on AIM.

i dont care what i look like, i can type perfect when i feel like it, and it is perfectly readable. no one else complains. do you understand why everyone calls you a homer now?? you dont even stick to points and just use grabage points to state why you think yao is better. At least have some dignity in yourself and give valid reason like half of the other people do when they compare Yao and Dwight. You cant do it yourself which is why all you do is quote other people and say "nicely put". If you think i am embarssing myself, then you truly are delusional.

and you never comeback with answers to dissprove my points like the KG and CB4 comparison. or what i just said about shaq's game. get off you understand nothing about the game of basketball.

RealistRocket34
03-04-2009, 06:05 PM
You do not have enough credibility to be answered.

greatest2
03-04-2009, 06:07 PM
exactly punk...runaway nobody on here respects you anywayz...get off me

RealistRocket34
03-04-2009, 06:08 PM
exactly punk...runaway nobody on here respects you anywayz...get off me
Nobody is on you, and nobody ever will be. KG > Yao > Dwight > Bosh

greatest2
03-04-2009, 06:17 PM
and you have absoulutely no reasoning...but hey what can you expect from a homer? :shrug:

RealistRocket34
03-04-2009, 07:03 PM
I have reasonings, but you are not smart enough to get it. Keep responding Mr. Simpleton.

greatest2
03-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I have reasonings, but you are not smart enough to get it. Keep responding Mr. Simpleton.

wow, mr. simpleton how much lamer can you be. You have reasonings?? thats why no one agreed with you and lots agreed with me. get off me your sad.

RealistRocket34
03-04-2009, 07:31 PM

greatest2
03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
You didn't read the thread did you? keep responding little boy.

lol, if i am a "little boy" as you say, for responding, then you are just as much a little boy as i am. you keep responding as well. your so sad man. y do u evn continue. you got murdered in the polls, yet u still insist that 87% of the people that voted are wrong. YOU already put yourself to shame.

RealistRocket34
03-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Yao plays much better than Dwight against the good teams of the NBA

http://www.82games.com/0809/COM1S3.HTM
Yao - +20
Howard - +14

Though it looks small, Yao had +28 before playing the Jazz earlier this week. In other words, Howard's teammates can bail him out since 3 of his teammates are higher than him. While Yao is the highest Rocket of +/- vs Good teams.

TMAC94
03-31-2009, 09:12 AM
a 100% yao ming,
is scary