PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Cardinals considering Martz to run offense?

bornFrisco49er
02-08-2009, 03:00 PM
"Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat hears that the Cardinals recently asked the 49ers for Mike Martz's cellphone number."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=138941&id=2082

i guess hed fit your personnel better..but he cant even choose the right running play when u need it..

FreedomReigns
02-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I'll go on record as saying im against this move completely!

Kyle916
02-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I'll go on record as saying im against this move completely!

You lose the value of a good runner named Hightower.

FreedomReigns
02-08-2009, 06:25 PM
You lose the value of a good runner named Hightower.

Not neccesarily. I might contradict myself here but that's nothing new so bare with me. If the Cardinals sign Mike Martz as the OC I would hope that Whisenhunt make's it clear what he want's from the running game.

Assuming the Cardinals resign J.J. Arrington they could still be productive with a Martz run offense. Arrington is great on swing passes and passes up the middle and Martz like's that sort of thing. Hightower would still get the ball in the redzone and around the goal. He has good hand's at this point and can work the swing pass as well. The Cardinals also get great pass blocking from their line so again this plays to their strengths.

I'm not sure about this Martz thing. I say I'm against it but then the more I analyze it the more open I am to the idea. All I know is, if this happens, Whisenhunt better crack that whip!

Kyle916
02-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Not neccesarily. I might contradict myself here but that's nothing new so bare with me. If the Cardinals sign Mike Martz as the OC I would hope that Whisenhunt make's it clear what he want's from the running game.

Assuming the Cardinals resign J.J. Arrington they could still be productive with a Martz run offense. Arrington is great on swing passes and passes up the middle and Martz like's that sort of thing. Hightower would still get the ball in the redzone and around the goal. He has good hand's at this point and can work the swing pass as well. The Cardinals also get great pass blocking from their line so again this plays to their strengths.

I'm not sure about this Martz thing. I say I'm against it but then the more I analyze it the more open I am to the idea. All I know is, if this happens, Whisenhunt better crack that whip!

As a 49ers fan, we heard a lot of the same things about Gore being the focal point, and that he wouldn't lose carries.

It turned out differently, he wouldn't even get 20 a game.

Martz is extremelt stubborn.

chadillachembre
02-08-2009, 09:57 PM
I have never been a fan of Martz. No Martz NO NO NO

AZCardsFan
02-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I dont think so because this goes against everything Wisenhunt believes.

bornFrisco49er
02-09-2009, 11:11 PM
I have never been a fan of Martz. No Martz NO NO NO

coming from me...NO! lol..whisenhunt is smarter than this

TheRedMarauder
02-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers "can't imagine" coach Ken Whisenhunt bringing aboard Mike Martz to run his offense.

Martz generated instant improvement from San Francisco's offense last year, but his reputation took a hit when J.T. O'Sullivan failed. It appears like Martz might have to spend the year out of coaching, at least at the NFL level.

rotoworld

bornFrisco49er
02-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers "can't imagine" coach Ken Whisenhunt bringing aboard Mike Martz to run his offense.

Martz generated instant improvement from San Francisco's offense last year, but his reputation took a hit when J.T. O'Sullivan failed. It appears like Martz might have to spend the year out of coaching, at least at the NFL level.

rotoworld

thats good for cards fans

nashty13
02-10-2009, 09:53 AM
personally I'm not a big fan of his. Since the best show on turf, he hasnt done a whole lot. I think the league has caught onto his act and have adjusted to Mike Martz run offenses. Just my opinion.

Obviously if he was to make a big comeback, it would be with our offense tho :)