PDA

View Full Version : Love a starter?

Breatnach
02-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't like it... yet.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kevin. But we need him to bring a spark from the bench. We always turned games around, when Love and Carney came off the bench and brought new energy and hustle.

And what came off the bench yesterday? Miller and his +/- of -31!!

Admittedly Carney hasn't been that hot lately (or hasn't been playing at all), but in the last couple of games, our bench has lost our games.

While in the long run, obviously I want Love to establish himself as a starter, we currently have no one to bring a spark from the bench - and that is what we need Love to do for us right now!

What are your thoughts?

Preuss-is-right
02-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Love is more efficient off the bench. He's not a starter.....yet

We can basically attibute this loss vs Rockets due to the performance of Miller and Love.

I'm starting to dislike Miller more and more with each passing game.

topdog
02-08-2009, 01:01 PM
The quesion then is: who starts?

Collins played horrendously when he started... maybe, dare i say, Madsen *shivers* I definitely like Love, Cardinal, Carney and Miller coming off the bench. I don't know why McHale decided to slash "Hot Rod's" minutes in favor of McCants (though i do see some deficiencies from him - namely that when we play teams w/ great post players he never leaves his man to dig and double and inevitably, that player puts up huge #s)

Hawkeye15
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM
well, our intended goal, I hope, is to get a legit, big, defensive minded center in the draft or free agency, who can play 30 mpg. I would love a 12 ppg-10 rpg-3 bpg type intimidator. Love can still get 33-35 mpg off the bench filling both frontcourt positions.

WSU Tony
02-08-2009, 04:47 PM
well, our intended goal, I hope, is to get a legit, big, defensive minded center in the draft or free agency, who can play 30 mpg. I would love a 12 ppg-10 rpg-3 bpg type intimidator. Love can still get 33-35 mpg off the bench filling both frontcourt positions.

If Thabeet plays 30+ mpg next year I'd say he's very capable of 10 ppg 10 rpg and 3 bpg.

howiend
02-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I agree. I like Love coming off the bench at this time in his career. Would it be better if Cardinal started? I think Smith will be out longer than what we would like. Ribs are a tough thing to play through.