PDA

View Full Version : NBA players and Doping yes or not?

Hellcrooner
02-08-2009, 03:50 AM
Well after what has happened with Baseballs Rodriguez, what do you think , is our league clean?

I mean when in 1992 Stern agreed to send Nba players to the olympcis he included a clause in the contract with Olimpic comitee that Nba players wouldnt pass dope tests during the olympics.

that clause has been applied to date and it includes not only american players but Foreing players playing in the Nba too so Pau, Dirk, Ming etc dont pass Olympic dope tests neither.

Does that not smell fishy?

Does some Monstrous bodys as Dwight Howards or Lebrons not seem like unreal?

Ever watched a Pau gasol on rookie season photo or Dirk in rookie season Picture and an ACTUAL one????

What do you think?

Also i dont recall ANY SINGLE player EVER giving positive for ANABOLICs in the Nba, onley Abusse drugs like Cocaine, Heroin, Marihuana etc.

Isnt that strange? in EVERy sport there is always someone who would cheat to overachive, in soccer, in rugby, cylcing, tennis etc, there has always been at least one playercaught with Sports Dope.

350 players on a league are way to many to not think at least 1 every now and then should have not passed an steroids test.

My theory is a LOT of paleyrs do take steroids and league every now and then releases some weak Marihuna positives to let people think they truly do tests and that all the league is clean.

Hellcrooner
02-08-2009, 03:53 AM
it would also be a real factor to explain so many bad injuries.

Did nobody notice the change in Bynums body from last year "out" and this year?

Skin&Bones
02-08-2009, 04:20 AM
In my opinion, steroids of any kind does not help you bring your "A" game in the NBA. It actually can sting your career even more. You do not need power advantage most of the time in this league.

Bynum's injury is just being straight unlucky. Its not in any cause of steriods and when it comes to their physical growth, its called working out. Does not mean you grow some muscles..that you are automatically on steriods. And if that is true then, Lebron is on roids too.

This athletes, Howard, Bynum etc are reaching their peak when it comes to physical strength.

Wake's Fastball
02-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't see it as too likely. The bulkiness of muscle mass that often comes with steroid use that would accompany the massive weight gains you've brought up would probably slow the player down more than the weight gain would help them.

S.J.Basketball
02-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't see it as too likely. The bulkiness of muscle mass that often comes with steroid use that would accompany the massive weight gains you've brought up would probably slow the player down more than the weight gain would help them.

Hey tell that to NFL players who run a 4.4 40 while being HUGE and on steroids. Same with Ricky Henderson. That guy was playing on the A's and that was the team that STARTED the steroids era in baseball. Look at pics of Ricky and how ripped he is. STEROIDS! Yet he is the all time steals leader.

A-Rod doesn't look HUGE either. I mean he's no Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa or Mark McGuire in terms of bulk, but he still tested positive.

da wood
02-08-2009, 12:13 PM
i don't know do we really want to open that can of worms. but on the flip side of that roids aren't gonna give you any more skill.

Hellcrooner
02-08-2009, 12:28 PM
^no they wont but they would help you to D and outmuscle other guys out there.

You know, Kendrick Perkins stuff, not much skill but he can stop a train thing.

Gup
02-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Roids won't help you with your skill-thats obvious!
But, for big guys it will definitely help down low

ink
02-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Every fan base seems to be in denial that their sport could be doping until the athletes get caught. I don't think there's any doubt at all that doping exists in the NBA -- from MJ and Karl Malone on.

ink
02-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey tell that to NFL players who run a 4.4 40 while being HUGE and on steroids. Same with Ricky Henderson. That guy was playing on the A's and that was the team that STARTED the steroids era in baseball. Look at pics of Ricky and how ripped he is. STEROIDS! Yet he is the all time steals leader.

A-Rod doesn't look HUGE either. I mean he's no Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa or Mark McGuire in terms of bulk, but he still tested positive.

Exactly. The trainers and athletes have very sophisticated programs now. They don't need to bulk up like Arnold Schwarzenegger to be using steroids, HGH, EPO or any of the other new drugs of choice.

Draco
02-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Also i dont recall ANY SINGLE player EVER giving positive for ANABOLICs in the Nba, onley Abusse drugs like Cocaine, Heroin, Marihuana etc.

Exactly why I'll believe it if skeptics can provide hard evidence.

My theory is a LOT of paleyrs do take steroids and league every now and then releases some weak Marihuna positives to let people think they truly do tests and that all the league is clean.

I'm not much into conspiracy theories.

The NBA randomly tests players four times a season. Players who test positive for steroids or performance enhancing drugs get a 10-game suspension for a first offense, a 25-game ban for a second offense, a one-year suspension for a third offense and disqualification if they're caught for a fourth time.

Stern stood by the league's drug plan.

"We have our tests," Stern said. "We have the broadest possible test in sports. We'll expand it if we're told that it needs to be expanded. But I don't want to launch fears that are apparently unfounded."

lakers4sho
02-08-2009, 12:43 PM

But I don't think roids helps you put the ball in the hoop. Like in jumpshots.

GoatMilk
02-08-2009, 12:52 PM
LeBron juices :rolleyes:

S.J.Basketball
02-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Ha! Yea if there's one player that looks juiced it's Lebron James. The guy looks like he was created in a lab and given super gentically enhanced powers.

Big Quett
02-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Ha! Yea if there's one player that looks juiced it's Lebron James. The guy looks like he was created in a lab and given super gentically enhanced powers.

You would an argument if he just got that way when he got to the NBA. But he was like that all through High School. And do you know how i know that? Because i saw him on ESPN more than i saw some of my relatives. The guy was in the spotlight to much to juice. I believe he is that once in a generation genetic force. Its not like every one the NBA is built like him.

^no they wont but they would help you to D and outmuscle other guys out there.

You know, Kendrick Perkins stuff, not much skill but he can stop a train thing.

And yeah NBA'er's taking riods to help there D? :rolleyes:Are you serious?

I can see how roids help you in baseball. You might be able to hit further. In football it is obvious. But in basketball what would it do but slow you down. In a league that is getting faster.

ink
02-08-2009, 01:27 PM
^ Out of date thinking about PEDs. 1. HGH doesn't have to add enormous bulk, 2. there are all kinds of speciality drugs out there that we don't know about yet, 3. high school athletes dope, 4. your drug of choice could provide you with strength (HGH, steroids) or stamina (EPO).

Here's an article that came out around the time of the BALCO hearings, talking about high school PED use:

Perhaps the most lasting impact from BALCO has come in the realm of high school sports.

When the BALCO story broke, steroid use was a growing problem in U.S. high schools.
Surveys showed between 3 and 11 percent of American teens had used the drugs. In
California, more than 20,000 teens were thought to have used steroids -- not just prep
athletes, but boys and girls who hoped steroids would improve their looks by helping them lose weight or put on muscle.

Although BALCO involved sports stars, the heavy media coverage of the scandal drew
attention to steroids and young people.

"I think the whole BALCO fiasco kind of put this out in the spotlight for people to realize
this isn't just a professional athletic problem, it's all of ours," says Roger Blake, assistant executive director of the California Interscholastic Federation, which governs high school athletics.

http://www.shorel.com/pdf/sfchron2007.pdf

There's no reason to be naive about this stuff anymore.

S.J.Basketball
02-08-2009, 01:34 PM
I agree with ink. When I was in high school I knew a lot of kids who actually took steroids. It's easier to get than you would think.

ttam68
02-08-2009, 02:08 PM
First, the "Birdman" Chris Andersen was out for a year or two because he tested positive for roids. So the league has had atleast one steroid related incident and does enforce its penalties.

But in response to some of the things said, steroids typically regenerate muscle quicker allowing for more intense workouts. These workouts don't necessarily have to add gerth or mass, but can add quickness or endurance.

I don't think many in the NBA are using steroids, but at this point it'd be ignorant to say no one is. I'm sure there are 10-20 undetected or atleast unreported cases.

ntat
02-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Exactly. The trainers and athletes have very sophisticated programs now. They don't need to bulk up like Arnold Schwarzenegger to be using steroids, HGH, EPO or any of the other new drugs of choice.

A Rod is a BIG boy. You just never see him in anything tight.

kidfury
02-08-2009, 02:54 PM
There's no doubt steroids are used at the high school level. Now at the professional level where millions of dollars worth of salaries are at stake, absolutely no doubt steroids are present. The elite stars with all the physical gifts and skills may not use them though it could be a possibilty but for the guys on the bench and are borderline D-leaguers there would definitely be A LOT of temptation to do something to get the NBA contract. If it were you and you had a family to support would you consider taking steroids? Outside of professional sports you often hear ppl say whatever it takes to support my family so now with the pro basketball athlete I am sure the juice is also in the NBA.

FUmods
02-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Juice absolutely would help in the nba, and it certainley would not sting ur career or whatever u said, and I dont know what facts u have. Juice is not just used to make u a body builder. It can help with speed, jumping , explosiveness, stamina, all that stuff. Not all juice just makes u big, there is a lot for a lot of different goals. I cant believe u said it would hurt an nba player's game.

FUmods
02-08-2009, 05:52 PM
^ Out of date thinking about PEDs. 1. HGH doesn't have to add enormous bulk, 2. there are all kinds of speciality drugs out there that we don't know about yet, 3. high school athletes dope, 4. your drug of choice could provide you with strength (HGH, steroids) or stamina (EPO).

Here's an article that came out around the time of the BALCO hearings, talking about high school PED use:

http://www.shorel.com/pdf/sfchron2007.pdf

There's no reason to be naive about this stuff anymore.
I completely disagree.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-08-2009, 05:54 PM
no!