PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com mid-season grades Toronto Raptors

BALLER R
02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
i guess i agree with most of what they say how about everyone else??

http://www.nba.com/2009/reportcard/midseason/raptors/index.html

ink
02-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Kind of superficial assessment really. No new insights. I guess they have to cover the whole league and don't have time for details but sites like ESPN do a better job.

I'm kind of surprised by how little depth they go into.

More shats!
02-07-2009, 11:49 PM
I am pretty suprise Jay got a D i mean the man took over a team tha was 8-9 and now they are 19-34 if that is not a F i dont know what it will take for Jay to earn one.Dude has no clue how to coach is pretty sad.The team has lost in Oklahoma and Memphis under him!I dint like Smitch a lot but that would have never happen with him as the coach.

PRiiMO
02-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Who misses the 06-07 Raptor Roster even the 07-08 roster :( ?

Bob_at_york
02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Kind of superficial assessment really. No new insights. I guess they have to cover the whole league and don't have time for details but sites like ESPN do a better job.

I'm kind of surprised by how little depth they go into.

Speaking about the depth or details... they list Kapono as a bright spot off the bench? :confused:

pebloemer
02-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Speaking about the depth or details... they list Kapono as a bright spot off the bench? :confused:

When statements like that are made it makes me question the entire analysis. Sounds like someone has not been paying attention to the team at all.

killersweet
02-09-2009, 03:43 PM

haha, yea, I was wondering the same. He is the threat on the raptors team? Seems like they were just looking over the stats and wrote the piece. Or may be cuz Kapano got chosen for the 3 point contest, he was mentioned as the ‘threat’

kanersen
02-09-2009, 06:27 PM
i agree with the final assesment of D
just weird that they gave the raps 2 B's,2 D's and a C in the grading scheme and that somehow makes a D overall?

lorenz00
02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
i will put grade F didnt the raptors suppose to win 50+ games? where are they? there in pace to win below 30 games

rapswin98
02-09-2009, 08:22 PM
f+

Bob_at_york
02-09-2009, 09:04 PM
i will put grade F didnt the raptors suppose to win 50+ games? where are they? there in pace to win below 30 games

I guess you had them at 50 games, I definitely didn't.

DaoudS
02-09-2009, 09:13 PM
I guess you had them at 50 games, I definitely didn't.

I agree. I definitely had them fighting to remain 5 games above .500 and that was being optimistic.

Goon.Weezy
02-09-2009, 09:20 PM
f+

i still think thats too high of a grade

Big Game Son
02-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I disagree with the D overall.
When it comes down to it there have been very positive aspects. Bargnani improvement, Graham improvement. Roko has shown potential, but dont forget the guy is young, just came from Europe and has never seen the likes of this competition night in and night out. Also Bosh has had VERY beastly nights. The only thing is our record (mind you it does suck) but there have been some surprising (maybe to some and maybe not to some) positives to the season. Also our chemistry sucks.

I do agree with Ink's 'supericial' comment. This is a very bland analysis with little attention to finite details.

Overall I give the Raps a C-.
We have had positives, but the main reason I say C- is gambles didnt pay off, lack of chemistry AND the biggest one which is continuation of bad habits. This jumpshot game is really becoming painful to watch and should be considered a new age method of human torture. BORING and mathematically ********** dumb.