02-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Link: http://www.nba.com/2009/news/02/07/rivers.fined/index.html

For verbal abuse of game officials :p

VCaintdead17
02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
becuase hes hardcore. Duh!

G-Funk
02-07-2009, 07:55 PM
In other words for crying, why wasn't he and all the C's fan crying during the Finals game 2, when Powe shot more free throws than the whole Lakers team or when KG kept running illegal screens?

MVPedroia
02-07-2009, 08:20 PM
In other words for crying, why wasn't he and all the C's fan crying during the Finals game 2, when Powe shot more free throws than the whole Lakers team or when KG kept running illegal screens?

Still bitter about losing in the Finals? How sad, nice sig but you should really move on

Frrrrank!!!
02-07-2009, 08:26 PM

Lakers didn't shoot free throws because at the time they were a soft jump shooting team, and the C's D forces you to shoot jumpers. But that is a different topic for a different thread.

When it comes to the fine, o well.

Er1c
02-07-2009, 08:28 PM
hahaha stupid doc

lakerboy
02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Don't worry, by summer you'll won't hear us Laker fans whine over last year's finals.

BouGa
02-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Laker fans need to grow up dude, this is almost pathetic, making a thread bashing a coach for getting fined?

Ya like hes the first coach to do that, get over the beatdown you've received and move the **** on.

Crying about him cussing out the refs, yet your star player was accused of raping a women not 2 years ago.

Living Legend
02-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Laker fans need to grow up dude, this is almost pathetic, making a thread bashing a coach for getting fined?

Ya like hes the first coach to do that, get over the beatdown you've received and move the **** on.

Crying about him cussing out the refs, yet your star player was accused of raping a women not 2 years ago.

You are the one that needs to grow up.

Bringing up something that happened 2 years ago is childish.

Frrrrank!!!
02-07-2009, 08:39 PM

:laugh2:

BouGa
02-07-2009, 08:40 PM
You are the one that needs to grow up.

Bringing up something that happened 2 years ago is childish.

They need to realize that the Lakers aren't perfect, and stop bringing up little pathetic things like this.

I brought that up to make a point, showing that they aren't gods.

Living Legend
02-07-2009, 08:41 PM
They need to realize that the Lakers aren't perfect, and stop bringing up little pathetic things like this.

It's all in your head dude.

soundjunkies2
02-07-2009, 08:42 PM

First of all that has nothing to do with the thread and second that was more like 4 years ago.

Back to the thread,i dont really like when coaches state their opinion and get fined.Ive never been a fan of that and i dont think Doc should of been fined.

EddieB
02-07-2009, 08:42 PM
thats a foul!!!!

kingkobe
02-07-2009, 08:43 PM

Threads are made up whenever someone is fined including Phil Jackson. Stop thinking Celtics are special and we are making threads only for them. Sorry to have burst your bubble.

NYMetros
02-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Not a surprise.

*Waits until this turns into a Celtics vs Lakers thread*

soundjunkies2
02-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Not a surprise.

hahah like they always do.

Testaverde16
02-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Rivers always yells at the refs, as do many coaches. He must've said something bad/

I love how Boston fans get so defensive about the stupidest things. And by the way, Kobe did not rape the girl, it was consentual and she was the town tricycle, everyone got a turn.

braveniler58
02-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Not a surprise.

Err, too late.

CraigtheSoxFan
02-07-2009, 09:15 PM
i hate these stupid threads

KeithLBC
02-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm sure Doc can afford it. No big deal :shrug:

BTownTeamsRKing
02-07-2009, 09:31 PM
this is a good thing. im glad our coach is willing to fight for our players. its a lot better than leaaving it to Perk.

the refs have been not bad, but INEPT lately

KobeIs
02-07-2009, 09:36 PM

lol well isnt there always a board whenever someone gets fined or wutever? just so happened to be doc, who cares.

Fool
02-07-2009, 09:39 PM

? He was found 100% innocent, the woman was a gold digger in the first place. Doc was whining all night long because he wasn't getting calls he's used to getting.

LakersnDodgers
02-07-2009, 09:53 PM
:laugh2:

You know what is funny tool is that we just swept the season series.....and it will be even funnier when the Lakers are waiting as Western confrence champs we will be watching the Cavs destroy the Celtics in the Eastern confrence Finals! that will be comedy huh? :)

Kobe VS Lebron that will be epic

Raidaz4Life
02-07-2009, 10:00 PM
meh, not gonna say anything because I complain about the refs all the time although I didn't particularly notice any lopsided officiating that game. Its a lot harder to miss it when its not happening to your team though.

KeithLBC
02-07-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure why any fellow Lakers fans are getting so defensive. All coaches complain about the refs, Doc just happened to get fined for it. No need for all these emotional comments towards Celtics fans :confused:

Raidaz4Life
02-07-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure why any fellow Lakers fans are getting so defensive. All coaches complain about the refs, Doc just happened to get fined for it. No need for all these emotional comments towards Celtics fans :confused:

agreed.... one of the reasons I think Lakers fans are some of the worst in the league

RileyJ
02-07-2009, 10:25 PM
He has every right to be pissed. I'm from a neutral city and don't care for the Lakers or Celtics but, the officials heavily favored LA in both Lakers-Celtics games this season and especially Thursday night. That was bad. it was almost like the refs had money on the game.

Frrrrank!!!
02-07-2009, 11:20 PM
You know what is funny tool is that we just swept the season series.....and it will be even funnier when the Lakers are waiting as Western confrence champs we will be watching the Cavs destroy the Celtics in the Eastern confrence Finals! that will be comedy huh? :)

Kobe VS Lebron that will be epic

There you are! My good ole friend LakersnDodgers, where have you been?!?! Haven't seen you in the C's forum once the C's starting winning again, and what do you know you pop up when the C's lose.:rolleyes:

Don't know if you watch much basketball, but how can you just dismiss the Spurs?

Frrrrank!!!
02-07-2009, 11:21 PM

Just another way to bash the C's?:shrug:

BTownTeamsRKing
02-08-2009, 12:15 AM

i know. its like the Celtics are the only ones pissed at the awful officiating. it has been terrible lately. it was even worse against the knicks on friday night.

KG was on a fastbreak and same guy just rams him from behind. i dont even think they called a foul. there was about 5 make up calls after it.

Frrrrank!!!
02-08-2009, 12:17 AM
i know. its like the Celtics are the only ones pissed at the awful officiating. it has been terrible lately. it was even worse against the knicks on friday night.

KG was on a fastbreak and same guy just rams him from behind. i dont even think they called a foul. there was about 5 make up calls after it.

That no call was awful.:pity:

KeithLBC
02-08-2009, 12:35 AM

They called a technical for it. You're talking about when Harrington pushed KG from behind on a fastbreak, right?

Harrington got a technical for shoving Garnett on a dunk attempt that ended with Garnett crashing into a television camera on the baseline.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/07/sports/basketball/07knicks.html

JJ81
02-08-2009, 01:04 AM

If any coach in the NBA got fined, there would be a thread about it... no need to get all defensive. Thinking that this is an attack on the Celtics is hilarious.

agreed.... one of the reasons I think Lakers fans are some of the worst in the league

Go back through the topic and you'll see the Celtics fans started the argument by getting all defensive. This thread would have been made no matter which coach got fined.

i hate these stupid threads

Then don't bother reading/posting in them.

LakersnDodgers
02-08-2009, 01:20 AM
There you are! My good ole friend LakersnDodgers, where have you been?!?! Haven't seen you in the C's forum once the C's starting winning again, and what do you know you pop up when the C's lose.:rolleyes:

Don't know if you watch much basketball, but how can you just dismiss the Spurs?

First of all this isn't the Celtics forum smart guy.....second yeah i probabley watch and know more basketball than you,the Lakers just destroyed the Spurs (for the 2nd time this season) a few weeks ago.And if it wasn't for a last second fluke toss up by that Mason scrub we would be 3-0 against them this year! LOL----Lakers have a much easier road to the Finals than the Celtics do buddy.

Corey
02-08-2009, 01:22 AM
15k: Pocket change.

jtchilln
02-08-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't get why he is fined for being right. Fischer hand check Ray all the way into the shot...how is doc fined for stating a fact??

Frrrrank!!!
02-08-2009, 01:30 AM
First of all this isn't the Celtics forum smart guy.....second yeah i probabley watch and know more basketball than you,the Lakers just destroyed the Spurs (for the 2nd time this season) a few weeks ago.And if it wasn't for a last second fluke toss up by that Mason scrub we would be 3-0 against them this year! LOL----Lakers have a much easier road to the Finals than the Celtics do buddy.

You got me on the first point, this isn't the C's forum.

But I don't think you can just not count wins. Not to mention Mason isn't a scrub who just "tosses" in shots, he is pretty good at shooting the 3 just to let you know.

So can I not count the Lakers win in Boston because it was a 1 point win?

BTownTeamsRKing
02-08-2009, 01:37 AM
They called a technical for it. You're talking about when Harrington pushed KG from behind on a fastbreak, right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/07/sports/basketball/07knicks.html

oo thanks for that. i must have got distracted or somethin. i just remember KG staying down a while.

it should have been a flagrant 2 imo. he was in no way going for the ball.

LakersnDodgers
02-08-2009, 01:45 AM
You got me on the first point, this isn't the C's forum.

But I don't think you can just not count wins. Not to mention Mason isn't a scrub who just "tosses" in shots, he is pretty good at shooting the 3 just to let you know.

So can I not count the Lakers win in Boston because it was a 1 point win?

Mason didn't shot a 3 it was a long 2-handed jumper with his legs spread open like Jordan dunking! it was a miracle shot.....difference is we didn't need a lucky shot to beat you BOTH TIMES---we handled you in L.A and the other night it was clutch free throws by Odom to win it.Bottom line years back i would not count the Spurs out but with Finley? Thomas? there old...they couldn't beat the Lakers last year without Bynum now with Bynum being back before playoffs there screwed (homecourt being in L.A) in a series! cmon! Bynum schooled Duncan last game too! He can put up the same numbers as Duncan or better head to head....Cavs will have homecourt in the East.:D:D

JJ81
02-08-2009, 01:56 AM
I don't get why he is fined for being right. Fischer hand check Ray all the way into the shot...how is doc fined for stating a fact??

He may have hand checked him on the floor, that was no excuse for that horrible flop that he did in the air...

JJ81
02-08-2009, 01:57 AM
it should have been a flagrant 2 imo. he was in no way going for the ball.

refs let him off because everyone hates KG these days.

SouljahPhil...
02-08-2009, 02:08 AM
ouch.........