PDA

View Full Version : Is this fair for A-Rod?

King Henrik
02-07-2009, 07:04 PM
OK so i want to know what you guys think. i saw the poll for whether or not you think ARod is guilty and thought id like to get PSDs opinion on this as well. I answered yes to the other poll saying that he was guilty but i dont think that it is at all fair for arod and the MLB and government should be getting sued up the backside for what is going on.

2003 was supposed to be a completely anonymous, private survey and that information should never have been released to the public or anyone else for that matter. assuming that the information is true, do you feel bad for ARod and do you think that the MLB/Govt is to blame for this and ARod should get a free pass?

(btw i am a person who also beleives that Clemens and Barry should make the hall)

TehZen
02-07-2009, 07:18 PM
I honestly do feel bad for the guy. It just seems that he is going through enough already. Hopefully he surrounds himself with people that care about him and get through this a stronger person. If he did in fact test positive, I say address the issue to explain and apologize. If he didn't, I hope he is vindicated. Either way it seems as though for every person that admires him, there are two that want to see him fail.

WSU Tony
02-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Another thread for this? Are you serious?

chrism516
02-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Why would i feel sorry for him? He constantly puts HIMSELF into these situations. He had to know the pressures that would come along with his ridiculous contract, so people who think that the fans are hard on him...get real. He cheated on his wife and he took steroids. what a real stand up role model for our kids...he is a huge a-hole. I am glad he is getting exposed.

whitesoxfan83
02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
we still dont know if he took steroids... can we atleast give him his say?

(and before i hear that well he dodged the question earlier, he did that because legally he has to, none of this is supposed to be public information so how is he supposed to comment on it?)

beckeramos
02-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't feel bad for the mother****er or any of the *******s. These guys knew going into the 2003 season that they were going to be testing for this stuff. And these cocky, egotistical, and dumb *****es still took the stuff. I'm thrilled to death that these names are coming out. MLB does have some blame but certainly not the US Govt. MLB was loving all the HR's in the 90's, now there throwing there players that made them so much money...under the bus.

PUGS1688
02-07-2009, 07:35 PM
If he did take roids...the hell with him.

He had many chances to come out and admit that he did it like that Katie Couric interview. He was one of the players who claimed that steroids were ruining the game.

I can't WAIT for him to go to Boston. Cannot WAIT!

PUGS1688
02-07-2009, 07:40 PM
How can anyone feel bad for a cheater? How can you actually feel bad for this lying piece of ****.

ModusOperandi
02-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Gee, the highest paid player in the game who makes more $ than the GDP of many African countries has now been revealed for who he is rather than who he wants blue-collar people to think he is? The guy is a bum; the public is going to release the hounds.

BRADY4MVP
02-07-2009, 07:50 PM

He had many chances to come out and admit that he did it like that Katie Couric interview. He was one of the players who claimed that steroids were ruining the game.

haha should be interesting...im sure the guys who sell the tee shirts outside are going to have a field day

TehZen
02-07-2009, 07:53 PM
I enjoy the hell out of watching the game of baseball, I am just not quick to write someone off for steroid use regardless of his millions of dollars. Call it compassion or simply that I know we all **** up sometimes. If he did do it however, I say come out to face the music and move on.

gauth25
02-07-2009, 08:10 PM

Wait till the other 103 players are revealed. There will be some Red Sox on there and don't be surprised if Ortiz is one.

DeadMemories
02-07-2009, 08:17 PM
He made his own bed, now he can lie in it.

ModusOperandi
02-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I hope there's some Jays on there, I really do. For some reason other T.O. fans think we're squeaky clean but that's impossible; let's just return MLB to its small ball roots and get it over with.

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2009, 08:28 PM
If they gave Barry hell than they better give A-Rod hell.

quiksilver2491
02-07-2009, 08:40 PM
It is completely fair, if he didn't want to get caught there is one for sure way you can do that, and that is to not take the steroids in the first place. He knew he was taking the risk when he was doing them and and proceeded anyways, now he must face the results of his actions. Of course this all based off the fact that he actually did indeed take steroids.

quiksilver2491
02-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Wait till the other 103 players are revealed. There will be some Red Sox on there and don't be surprised if Ortiz is one.

Too bad this list isn't going to be released to the public......

King Henrik
02-07-2009, 09:04 PM
It is completely fair, if he didn't want to get caught there is one for sure way you can do that, and that is to not take the steroids in the first place. He knew he was taking the risk when he was doing them and and proceeded anyways, now he must face the results of his actions. Of course this all based off the fact that he actually did indeed take steroids.

so the fact that they took these tests with the gaurantee that it was completely anonymous means nothing to you? they only agreed to the testing because it was anonymous, and now they are getting pinned for doing MLB a favor. i just dont think its right that ARod should get revealed and not the other 103. all or nothing.

superius
02-07-2009, 09:11 PM
2003 was supposed to be a completely anonymous, private survey and that information should never have been released to the public or anyone else for that matter. assuming that the information is true, do you feel bad for ARod and do you think that the MLB/Govt is to blame for this and ARod should get a free pass?

(btw i am a person who also beleives that Clemens and Barry should make the hall)

As far as I understand it the survey was done by agreement between the players union and MLB. The government wasn't a party to the agreement and therefore isn't bound by it. Further, such agreements cannot be used to obstruct the collection of evidence by appropriate authorities.

ccugrad1
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Does this really matter to A-Rod? Ask him if he cares when he is counting his 279 million dollar contract. A-Rod has never cared about the Hall of Fame; all he is worried about is getting big paychecks!

superius
02-07-2009, 09:16 PM
so the fact that they took these tests with the gaurantee that it was completely anonymous means nothing to you? they only agreed to the testing because it was anonymous, and now they are getting pinned for doing MLB a favor. i just dont think its right that ARod should get revealed and not the other 103. all or nothing.

Legally there is no way to guarantee that this would be anonymous. Lawyer-client confidentiality isn't even absolute these days. Relationships that the public believe are completely confidential (ie patient and psychiatrist) are, in fact, not confidential. (They bind the doctor not to disclose information or face disciplinary action by the American Medical Association or whoever is responsible for them but a simple court order is enough to force them to testify if the court believes the information is relevant)

I also don't like how only 1 person is being named but whoever did this probably isn't doing it with the sanction of any of the bodies or agencies involved. It's unfortunate that it's being leaked.

quiksilver2491
02-07-2009, 09:23 PM

I never said it was fair that he was the only one to be reported, but that comes with his popularity. The list was supposedly destroyed so we don't know who those other players are. However somehow through digging through these documents A-Rod's name resurfaced and it was released.

I DID however say that when you take steroids, no matter what the circumstances of the testing, you take the risk of being exposed. He knew this and decided to take them anyways so now he must deal with these accusations. Just because the test was anonymous doesn't change the fact that he decided to take steroids and was caught.

07MVPPatBurrell
02-07-2009, 09:38 PM
let him rot

The1ronHorse
02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
As a Yankee Fan I dont really care this doesn't bother me. Everyone took steroids then it was the steroids era and besides they weren't illegal than so who cares. If this blows up it is what it is.

Maz60
02-07-2009, 09:45 PM
As a Yankee Fan I dont really care this doesn't bother me. Everyone took steroids then it was the steroids era and besides they weren't illegal than so who cares. If this blows up it is what it is.

Yeah, it was illegal under the Controlled Substance Act of 1990 and it was also on MLB's Banned Substances List from 1991.

wdwyer
02-07-2009, 09:51 PM
we still dont know if he took steroids... can we atleast give him his say?

(and before i hear that well he dodged the question earlier, he did that because legally he has to, none of this is supposed to be public information so how is he supposed to comment on it?)

He has a positive drug test verified by 4 independent people.
He doesn't have to say a damn thing, he cannot deny this.

If he does, he will be crucified.

wdwyer
02-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah, it was illegal under the Controlled Substance Act of 1990 and it was also on MLB's Banned Substances List from 1991.

Exactly, it's the biggest misconception about steroids in baseball. It WAS illegal, there just wasn't any punish for it.

wdwyer
02-07-2009, 09:57 PM
I also don't like how only 1 person is being named but whoever did this probably isn't doing it with the sanction of any of the bodies or agencies involved. It's unfortunate that it's being leaked.

This is how it works. A-Rod's name was most likely the biggest one on the list that wasn't already named. The 103 other names are still out there. Yet just like Bonds, the article would not have had the power it does if Joe Smith (who?) was named instead.

A-Rod sells, whether the news is good or bad. Period.

The other names will one day appear, but right now, as was with Bonds, A-Rod has become the new face of the Steroid era.

ruckus16969
02-07-2009, 10:24 PM
wtf kinda ? is this

07MVPPatBurrell
02-07-2009, 10:25 PM

he cheated, get over it.

Tragedy
02-07-2009, 10:53 PM
We've got plenty of A-Rod threads. Thanks guys.