PDA

View Full Version : Should Jose Canseco be given an apology?

nady4president
02-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Since he was preaching from the beginning that A-rod was on roids, should the public owe him an apology? Ever since he released Juiced he has begun a downward spiral into bankruptcy from lawsuits.

Tragedy
02-07-2009, 04:41 PM
He absolutely deserves an apology. I've been on board with Canseco from the very beginning. He continues to say stuff, people down play, and it continues to be proven correct.

He may be in it for the money, but he's telling the truth.

WickedBadMan
02-07-2009, 04:42 PM
He initiated his own downward spiral.

He is a scumbag who cashed in on ratting out his former friends. He deserves a kick in the teeth, as much as an apology.

For what a big *** hole he is, I will give him credit for not fabricating any of his information.

djeller1139
02-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah. He was telling the truth, and instead of giving him a chance everyone just turned their back on him and didn't believe him.

C-ross12
02-07-2009, 04:52 PM
I just dont like Canseco. He may be 100% true, but you guys ever just look/listen to someone and get this notion that they are a dirtbag? Making money tattling on other players just seems... very... second grade. To me what he does is worst then steriods.

Sportfan
02-07-2009, 04:56 PM
yes he certainly deserves one

Tragedy
02-07-2009, 05:04 PM
I just dont like Canseco. He may be 100% true, but you guys ever just look/listen to someone and get this notion that they are a dirtbag? Making money tattling on other players just seems... very... second grade. To me what he does is worst then steriods.
But if he didn't do it, someone else would have. And if no one else would have, we would still have an even bigger mess of steroids than we do now.

fightins89
02-07-2009, 05:05 PM
He initiated his own downward spiral.

He is a scumbag who cashed in on ratting out his former friends. He deserves a kick in the teeth, as much as an apology.

For what a big *** hole he is, I will give him credit for not fabricating any of his information.

^ This.

Yeah. He was telling the truth, and instead of giving him a chance everyone just turned their back on him and didn't believe him.

Aw, boohoo. :cry:

No one trusted the scumbag bastard who was essentially selling personal information on other players. What horrible people.

He has a personal financial gain in all of this. Of course people aren't going to trust him. It's called common ****ing sense and good judgment. It's not like he's trying to help the game, he's just trying to cash in on it's problems. No one owes the prick anything.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
02-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Yes. Everyone called him a scumbag just looking for a quick buck(which may have been the case), but, a lot of what he has said is proven to be true and his book really started the clensing act for baseball.

whitesoxfan83
02-07-2009, 05:09 PM
yes, when its proven that Arod took Steroids he should. until then nothing has changed.

if in fact they prove Arod took steroids you could say the same thing about John Rocker:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/02/12/2008-02-12_john_rocker_union_doctor_told_arod_me_ho.html

John Rocker may have a new enemy in New York City.

The loudmouth former reliever said he and then-Rangers teammate Alex Rodriguez, among others, were advised in spring training of 2002 by management and players' union doctors on how to use steroids in a way that is "not going to hurt you."

Rocker said a doctor hired by the Players' Association pulled aside himself, A-Rod, Ivan Rodriguez and Rafael Palmeiro following a spring training lecture and candidly told them how to use steroids.

"Look guys, if you take one kind of steroid, you don't triple stack them and take them 10 months out of the year like Lyle Alzado did," the doctor told him, Rocker said yesterday during an interview on the Buck and Kincade Show on WCNN-680 The Fan in Atlanta. "If you do it responsibly, it's not going to hurt you."

Alzado, a former Oakland Raider, died of brain cancer in 1992.

Palmeiro tested positive in August 2005 after vehemently denying steroid use before Congress that March.

In the radio interview, Rocker did not accuse A-Rod of using steroids and did not identify any doctor. Through his publicist, Rocker declined comment to the Daily News.

Rodriguez's agent Scott Boras and A-Rod's image consultant Guy Oseary did not return phone calls last night.

A-Rod has never failed a steroids test or been implicated in any drug investigation, but has been the target of thinly veiled accusations by former teammate Jose Canseco. Canseco, the author of the controversial book "Juiced," told radio station WEEI in Boston last summer that he has "other stuff" on the three-time MVP, whom Canseco called a "hypocrite" who "was not all he appeared to be."

After George Mitchell issued his bombshell report on steroid use in baseball in December, Canseco expressed shock that A-Rod was not named in the report. "All I can say is that the Mitchell Report is incomplete," Canseco said at the time. "I could not believe that (Rodriguez's) name was not in the report."

Rocker agreed yesterday with Canseco's assessment of the Mitchell Report being incomplete, while not singling out the omission of Rodriguez. "You go back 15 years and you get 80 names?" Rocker said. "I can come up with 80 names off the top my head."

Rocker's racist rant about the Big Apple in December 1999 angered many New Yorkers and, he claims, led baseball officials to drug-test him in 2000 as part of its disciplinary action against him. Rocker said he failed the test and commissioner Bud Selig knew it. "Bud Selig knew in the year 2000 that John Rocker was taking the juice, and didn't do anything about it," Rocker said in the radio interview.

Rocker trashed Selig earlier yesterday in an interview on Atlanta-based Rock 100.5 FM. "Bud Selig is a clown," Rocker ranted. "He should do the entire world a favor and kill himself. He is a certifiable idiot."

"As part of the disciplinary process, Mr. Rocker was referred to the confidential Employee Assistance Program," Major League Baseball said in a statement. "Any test of Mr. Rocker would have been conducted by professionals who ran the EAP. Those professionals were obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the result. ... Further discipline was not an option legally available to Major League Baseball at that time"

Rocker was named in the Mitchell Report for receiving two prescriptions for HGH in 2003.

Tragedy
02-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Hmmm. Raffy Palmeiro. I forgot about him - Why isn't he going for perjury charges?

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
02-07-2009, 05:15 PM
John Rocker go crawl in your hole.

ink
02-07-2009, 05:19 PM
He absolutely deserves an apology. I've been on board with Canseco from the very beginning. He continues to say stuff, people down play, and it continues to be proven correct.

He may be in it for the money, but he's telling the truth.

Totally agree.

magichatnumber9
02-07-2009, 05:21 PM
now Jose is half a scumbag

whitesoxfan83
02-07-2009, 05:24 PM
the problem with conseco is he bribed maggs, at that point he pretty much lost it all. because you cant help but wonder, if he bribed maggs and maggs called him on it, well? who else did he bribe that gave him money? what players does he know used and he isnt saying anything because hes being paid off?

jose lost all cred with that maggs thing.

thefeckcampaign
02-07-2009, 05:29 PM
All I know, so far, Jose Canseco is the only who has been telling the truth. I wouldn't let him marry my daughter but I thank him everyday for breaking this door down. Thank goodness he's a sore loser/cry baby/never had a chance to get his 500 HR's.

cali72888
02-07-2009, 05:39 PM
**** cansaco back stabbing little prick.

ccspence8
02-07-2009, 06:11 PM
I believe everything Canseco says. He might be an a hole but he tells the truth when it comes to steroids. I knew A Rod was on the juice before this report, not surprised.

Tragedy
02-07-2009, 06:47 PM
**** cansaco back stabbing little prick.
...Why?

He told the truth. So?

TehZen
02-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't feel as though he was correct, nothing has been proven yet. If Arod did in fact take steroids there is nothing to suggest that his supplier was Canseco's "Max". Canseco is a shady human-being and it wouldn't surprise me if he was only accidentally correct if this is in fact true.

poodski
02-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Yes we should apologize to him for starting the snowball that is slowly but surely killing this sport again.

Plain and simple steroids saved baseball. What will save it this time?

I would shoot Canseco if I could.

LAcowBOMBER
02-07-2009, 07:45 PM
...Why?

He told the truth. So?

If someone tells you a secret or confides in you and you were to come on here and tell all of us you would be telling the truth, but you could also be called a backstabber. Both statement would be correct

LAcowBOMBER
02-07-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't feel as though he was correct, nothing has been proven yet. If Arod did in fact take steroids there is nothing to suggest that his supplier was Canseco's "Max". Canseco is a shady human-being and it wouldn't surprise me if he was only accidentally correct if this is in fact true.

Agreed. I could probably name some sluggers and say I know they were on steroidsand in a few yers it might seem like I knew what I was talking about

gcoll
02-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I always believed him.

And I loved the way the media trashed him. Morons.

Instead of listening to his claims, and trying to figure out if they were true...they assassinated his character.

mnrlgry
02-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I think he's telling the truth but that doesn't make the guy any less of a douche.

downsos
02-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Hmmm. Raffy Palmeiro. I forgot about him - Why isn't he going for perjury charges?

He didn't break the home run record.

Mr.Chi-Town
02-07-2009, 08:24 PM
no a snitch is a snitch

CraigtheSoxFan
02-07-2009, 09:19 PM
no way in heck. he's the one who started this mess in the first place

Maz60
02-07-2009, 09:34 PM

Just to answer your question; a congressional subcommittee investigated and determined there was an insufficient amount of evidence to proceed with legal action, as bizarre as that sounds.

The1ronHorse
02-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Well I didn't believe Jose at the beginning but everything for the most part he says keeps coming true. He is one of the faces of the steroid era and he is adding faces up there with him like its Mount Rushmore.

Maz60
02-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Well I didn't believe Jose at the beginning but everything for the most part he says keeps coming true. He is one of the faces of the steroid era and he is adding faces up there with him like its Mount Rushmore.

Funny, but true.

Why would anyone expect someone embraced by society and the institution to go after one of their own? It takes someone on the outside, in no one's pocket, to blow it all up.

kpaul_nyc
02-07-2009, 10:13 PM
He's a rat. But truthful. Still a rat.

Maz60
02-07-2009, 10:15 PM
He's a rat. But truthful. Still a rat.

You need to watch "On The Waterfront". Sometimes a rat has value.

mattz1212
02-07-2009, 10:27 PM
I have never doubted his credibility. I believed every word that came out of his mouth. It just so happens he's also a greedy ******* who will sell his former teammates out for a few extra dollars and feels the need to deliver this information piece by piece to squee*e out as much attention and money as humanly possible. So he may deserve an apology on some level, but quite honestly I have no respect at all for the guy.

ruckus16969
02-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Not only should he get his apology e should be automaticly be inducted in the HOF!! He was my favorite player when I was in LL

mark1125
02-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Canseco is garbage and is owed nothing.

thewupk
02-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Yes we should apologize to him for starting the snowball that is slowly but surely killing this sport again.

Plain and simple steroids saved baseball. What will save it this time?

I would shoot Canseco if I could.

lol I guess thats why attendance and revenue was at an alltime high last year. all these steroid scandals sure are killing the game.

Tragedy
02-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Canseco is garbage and is owed nothing.
I fail to see how some people think Canseco is garbage. He was the whistle blower. So what? It needed to happen, so I'm thankful that he came out and talked, whether for personal gain or not.

RileyJ
02-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I always thought Jose Canseco deserved an apology even before this whole A-Rod thing. Canseco was black-balled from the MLB for telling the truth. He knew what he did was wrong and admitted it and he was black-balled from the MLB and at the same time the MLD was black-balling him they were cheering for and loving the Mark McGwires, the Sammy Sosa's, and the barry Bonds. Canseco was the 1st to come foward and say I screwed up and everyone else kept lying through their teeth yet he was basically kicked out of baseball. I would have did the same thing Jose did by ratting everyone out. Imagine watching the McGwire and Sosa homerun race while everybody was following it and he knew they both used roids and he couldn't even get a minor league job. Damn right he's owed an apology. Like I said it just goes to show you how great Manny Ramirez really is because we all know that fat slob didn't take roids and nobody has ever even accused him because he is clean and look at the numbers he put up. A-Rod might not get into the HOF because of this now.

Redagony
02-07-2009, 11:20 PM
As far as the whole whistleblowing thing. I, for one, owe Canseco an apology. I didn't think his book was a complete lie, but before the facts came to light, I definitely expected that there would at least be embellishments. Initially, I thought the guy came across as an opportunistic guy with an axe to grind, and that his main goal was to make a quick dollar. That was then, and this is now, and he was 100% right. It takes some guts to be the whistleblower for anything. That being said, the guy still isn't someone I would call a "great guy", and I still don't totally believe that his intentions were anything but to make headlines and get paid. This is all just my opinion, of course.

mark1125
02-07-2009, 11:27 PM
I fail to see how some people think Canseco is garbage. He was the whistle blower. So what? It needed to happen, so I'm thankful that he came out and talked, whether for personal gain or not.

I guess saying he is garbage may be a bit harsh, but I don't think an abuser who rats out fellow abusers is owed an apology. It's not as if he did this for the good of the game. He did it for the good of Joese Canseco.

I don't have an issue with naming names if he backs it up, but lets just say I don't think anyone is out of line for questioning his motives or calling him a "rat". It comes with the territory that he placed himself in. To suggest he is "owed" anything is silly IMO.

Matt-the-great
02-07-2009, 11:29 PM
he wrote a controversial book, therefore he deserves the antimosity and hatred he received.

even if he was right; he still had to expect to be hated.

i think he was prepared for the backlash and he took it, only a moron or a wimp would even want an apology after writing a book of that nature.

bartoron
02-07-2009, 11:30 PM
You need to watch "On The Waterfront". Sometimes a rat has value.

I've already seen "A Streetcar Named Desire." Is that close enough? ;D

jetsfan28
02-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Yes. As I've said from the beginning, when most of Canseco's book Juiced ended up being true, he earned my trust, not sure why no one else trusted him. He had no reason to be this specific if he was lying, why would he lie with someone who the public wouldn't believe?

misterd
02-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Don't thank a guy who pushes another guy under the bus just to save his own ***.

King Henrik
02-08-2009, 12:31 AM
He was telling the truth, but nobody likes a rat. a rat does not deserve an apology. he should apologize to all of the baseball world for being the scumbag that started the downfall of america's past time.

Buckwheat
02-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Yes. Maybe now people will listen to him. He's the only one being open about this whole thing.

FreedomReigns
02-08-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't think the public owes Canseco anything. Canseco owes the public an apology for being such a loser once his career was over. He could have at least shown some dignity over the last few years.

As a teenager I idolized him so I'm not one of those guys that hated him from the start. I just feel that he made his own bed and well .... you know the rest.

jetsfan28
02-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Don't thank a guy who pushes another guy under the bus just to save his own ***.
No one's saying he isn't an *******. But he told the truth and, despite the fact that he had already proven that he tells the truth about this, the public wrote him off as a lier for no reason.

I don't think the public owes Canseco anything. Canseco owes the public an apology for being such a loser once his career was over. He could have at least shown some dignity over the last few years.

As a teenager I idolized him so I'm not one of those guys that hated him from the start. I just feel that he made his own bed and well .... you know the rest.

Dignity? What's the dignity in continuing to lie and making no money in doing so. The guy made money for basically doing nothing, it doesn't get much better than that.

FreedomReigns
02-08-2009, 01:00 AM
No one's saying he isn't an *******. But he told the truth and, despite the fact that he had already proven that he tells the truth about this, the public wrote him off as a lier for no reason.

Dignity? What's the dignity in continuing to lie and making no money in doing so. The guy made money for basically doing nothing, it doesn't get much better than that.

It's the way he handled it. No class and no remorse.

TehZen
02-08-2009, 01:21 AM
He was my favorite player when I was in LL

I can't lie, he was one of mine as well. Damn how innocent I was back then.

Tragedy
02-08-2009, 01:23 AM
He was telling the truth, but nobody likes a rat. a rat does not deserve an apology. he should apologize to all of the baseball world for being the scumbag that started the downfall of america's past time.
So it would have been better to you if MLB just kept it hidden?

WickedBadMan
02-08-2009, 02:26 AM
The question the thread asked was is he owed an apology.

If O.J. came out with a book about people who assisted him commit murder, and it is found out to be true, is he owed an apology?

Obviously a drastic example, but the point stands.

He didn't come out with his book for the good of the game. He came out with it to make money and gain fame; while at the same time screwing over former friends and teammates.

Some people here say the book was a bad thing, and I don't necessarily agree with that. But owing him an apology? He's a ****ing POS. Period.

giants9689
02-08-2009, 02:35 AM
no hes just a cheater who now makes his money exploiting other players for the same thing he did

smashmouth
02-08-2009, 02:58 AM
No he shouldnt and here is why....Because Jose opened up at a point in time when he had no longer anything to lose...All what Jose wanted was the to become the center of attention...Why did he come out with this when he was still playing and confess,when he was still playing??? didnt do what he did for "the good of baseball"...He did this so people would start talking about him and his book....Jose is a low life....Jose suck!!

madtnt
02-08-2009, 03:26 AM
My feeling is that you can't blame Jose. If he was the only one to be black-balled by baseball, you can't help but be on his side when you see others skip by. Jose seems to the the guy that in grade school, close parent groups told you to stay away cause he is trouble. MLB, to me , looked at him like he was the cause, right or wrong, but he was the only one to hang for this transgression. I totally agree with him airing out other if the league and PA knew of others yet failed to get others. " You can kill a disease but you cant keep up with the mutations"

Forum7200
02-08-2009, 03:32 AM
How many people did Jose have a hand in getting on Steroids? He was part of the problem hes not getting an apology from me.

DaaBoTownSox
02-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Since he was preaching from the beginning that A-rod was on roids, should the public owe him an apology? Ever since he released Juiced he has begun a downward spiral into bankruptcy from lawsuits.

I say no to the aplology.

But, damn, he is looking like the Nostradamus of baseball, isn't he?

C-ross12
02-08-2009, 11:56 AM
But if he didn't do it, someone else would have. And if no one else would have, we would still have an even bigger mess of steroids than we do now.

Certainly true. Your right, I just hate the mentality, ya know?

BLooDShoT_GrK
02-08-2009, 12:22 PM
No apology for Jose hes a still a scumbag

Gup
02-08-2009, 12:29 PM
No...

cambovenzi
02-08-2009, 12:46 PM
No, he is a scumbag.
a truthful scumbag, but still, a scumbag.

his word should hold more credibility in the public eye tho.

misterd
02-08-2009, 12:56 PM

Define rat.

Personally, I have a lot of respect for Chad Curtis and other players who tried to get baseball to address this issue early on.

Grecs422
02-08-2009, 01:17 PM
He is a scumbag and does not deserve an apology

76YazwSideburns
02-08-2009, 01:33 PM
No, he should be given a kick in the sack for being such a blight on humanity.

Squigga420
02-08-2009, 01:33 PM
a rat deserves everything coming to them

ackar
02-08-2009, 01:59 PM
No apologies for a Narc and a snitch are you crazy. Truth be dammed it was not like it was a mystery this was going on so no.

Tragedy
02-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd love to know why so many people call him a "scumbag". He wrote a book and ousted some players; GOOD FOR HIM. And if he didn't do that and just kept quiet, the problems may have persisted.

Some people are one way, and it's hilarious.

76YazwSideburns
02-08-2009, 02:11 PM
No apologies for a Narc and a snitch are you crazy. Truth be dammed it was not like it was a mystery this was going on so no.

Yea, truth be damned.

mark1125
02-08-2009, 03:16 PM
I'd love to know why so many people call him a "scumbag". He wrote a book and ousted some players; GOOD FOR HIM. And if he didn't do that and just kept quiet, the problems may have persisted.

Some people are one way, and it's hilarious.

I don't think people have an issue (at least some) that he outed others. My thought is that I am glad he outed players, but he did it to line his pockets and deflect his own misdoings.

He got his money. Good for him, but he was a rulebreaker who made money and saved his butt by naming names. I don't think anyone should apologize for questioning his reliability and/or motives. He is no hero.

Kaptain Kanada
02-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes

Liney3506
02-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Yes.

abe_froman
02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
I don't think people have an issue (at least some) that he outed others. My thought is that I am glad he outed players, but he did it to line his pockets and deflect his own misdoings.

He got his money. Good for him, but he was a rulebreaker who made money and saved his butt by naming names. I don't think anyone should apologize for questioning his reliability and/or motives. He is no hero.

but when he started talking and when he said a-rod to..many reporters/analysts(and fans) labeled him a liar,and before that as the only guy doing it,but he wasnt and he's not.still not a hero but deserves an apology

macattack
02-08-2009, 04:07 PM
yes, but only cause he was right. but should still be bashed for saying it at all. u don't role over on your union players, period.

mark1125
02-08-2009, 04:51 PM
I think there will always be 2 sides to this argument. Both are valid. My thoughts are what they are and I am unlikely to change my tune.

1) Canseco abused steroids.
2) To make money, save his butt, and get more spotlight, he sold out others.
3) I am glad that others may be held accountable, but this does not make Canseco a hero.
4) Any doubts about the validity of his claims are understandable.

An apology will not be forthcoming from me (I am sure he will survive) because just because he is blowing the whistle on other rule breakers, his credibility was rightfully questioned.

If a drug dealer sells out other dealers for financial or legal gains, of course their motives are questioned and rightfully slow. He put himself into a position to be questioned. He does not deserve an apology. He has already profited from it. That is enough.

I respectfully disagree with those who want to throw apologies to a cheat who whores out information for profit.

BLOMETSFAN
02-08-2009, 05:31 PM
He deserves an apology for people doubting his information, not for people calling him a a**hole...cause he was, is, will always be one.

mark1125
02-08-2009, 05:43 PM
He deserves an apology for people doubting his information, not for people calling him a a**hole...cause he was, is, will always be one.

I still don't think he is owed an apology. Cheats who sell info to the highest bidder deserve to have their information and motives questioned. He made that bed for himself.

MarkieMark48
02-08-2009, 05:51 PM
no, he just wants to tell everyone "I told you so"

acecrusher06
02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
noo!

Neely
02-08-2009, 10:48 PM
No. Whether it was the truth or not he shouldn't be given an apology because he ratted out others.

Red_Sox_89
02-08-2009, 10:50 PM
What he did never bothered me. He had a guilty conscience, so he came out of the steroid closet and dragged some other people with him for doing the wrong thing.

Adalbjorg
02-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Congratulations Jose Conseco! You are now classier than Alex Rodriguez. Not much of an accomplishment, but it's something I guess....

mark1125
02-08-2009, 11:41 PM
What he did never bothered me. He had a guilty conscience, so he came out of the steroid closet and dragged some other people with him for doing the wrong thing.

OR

He wanted to get people to buy his book so he could profit from breaking the rules of the game.

madtnt
02-11-2009, 04:22 AM
I think everyone is missing the issue. Jose introduces, steroids, hgh,designer steroids, etc. He gets black balled as a rogue. Almost everyone else benifits, owners, agents , players. Don't tell me that this didn't drive up the average player salary. (good for the P.A.) More fannies in the seats. It makes total sense why A-Roid was tipped. If he passed , more money for everyone. He was the golden trophy. I cant say from a players point this is wrong because he made a bunch of people money.....but with greed too many people trusted the bottom feeders.

Red_Sox_89
02-11-2009, 04:24 AM
OR

He wanted to get people to buy his book so he could profit from breaking the rules of the game.

Either way... he could have just come out with a book saying the other guys did it and never admitted to it himself

JayAllDay
02-11-2009, 05:10 AM
No he should have laid it all on the table in the first place, instead of trying to profit from other's mistakes. He's not a martyr, and he was not doing the right thing. He was broke and he had some dirt on alot of people. He is releasing information little by little and that is very counterproductive for the grand scheme of things. Maybe he can get a chance to say "I told you so" but an apology is far fetched.

ciaban
02-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Well when your right your right, maybe not an apology, but I think he deserves more respect when the third book comes out, btw the 1st was called juiced, the 2nd was called vindicated(because of how the truth from the first book came to light), whats the 3rd book "Called that shi1"

Apophis
02-11-2009, 07:51 AM
I think there will always be 2 sides to this argument. Both are valid. My thoughts are what they are and I am unlikely to change my tune.

1) Canseco abused steroids.
2) To make money, save his butt, and get more spotlight, he sold out others.
3) I am glad that others may be held accountable, but this does not make Canseco a hero.
4) Any doubts about the validity of his claims are understandable.

An apology will not be forthcoming from me (I am sure he will survive) because just because he is blowing the whistle on other rule breakers, his credibility was rightfully questioned.

If a drug dealer sells out other dealers for financial or legal gains, of course their motives are questioned and rightfully slow. He put himself into a position to be questioned. He does not deserve an apology. He has already profited from it. That is enough.

I respectfully disagree with those who want to throw apologies to a cheat who whores out information for profit.

^^^^

It is for these exact reasons why I dont think he deserves an apology...

JRollins Hater
02-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I give the guy credit for apparantly being correct on a lot of these players, but I hate the guy because he was right in the middle of the steroid era and probably talked a lot of players into taking them.

stanpapi
02-11-2009, 11:36 PM
It's a race to the bottom all around. Canseco is the whistle-blower, sure, and I'm starting to consider taking him at his word. And yes, the value of what he has done in terms of exposing the game as a fraud, essentially since the late 80s, is immeasurable. It also helps that he increasingly seems to have told the truth. Same time, he turned in friends, and there is supposed to be honour among thieves. Long story short, this is a good poll, but I can't vote on it yet. Let's see how this turns out. Ask after it again as more of this blows open. I was actually a little stunned over the A-Rod thing. Gives Canseco tons of cred.