PDA

View Full Version : Letang, Fleury Power Pens Victory

SidTheKid
02-07-2009, 10:26 AM
It took Penguins defenseman Kris Letang 114 games to record his first career two-goal games. It took him five games to record his second career two-goal game.

Letang notched two scores Friday night in Pittsburgh 4-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets at Mellon Arena just nine days after scoring two against the New York Rangers Jan. 28.

Letang accredited his hot scoring streak to his growing confidence as a player.

“Maybe I’m more confident with myself,” Letang said. “Every year and every game I’m going to try to get better and better. That’s what I try to do and right now my confidence may be higher than it was last year.”

Letang, who has been gun shy about shooting the puck at times this season, has been getting a lot of chances lately. Penguins head coach Michel Therrien doesn’t necessarily think Letang is shooting more recently. His take?

“He’s hitting the net more,” Therrien said. “There was a lot of times earlier in the season that he was missing the net. His confidence is there obviously and he scored two nice goals. But you don’t want him to play too offensively. We want to make sure he’s playing really well. He has an important role. We gave him a role that he’s harnessed. He’s killing penalties and he’s playing against good players and he’s getting more comfortable offensively. It’s a great sign for a young player.”

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=408192&page=NewsPage&service=page

P.S. I'll be away for this weekend so anyone can set up a game thread for Sunday's game against the Wings.

jzelenda
02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I'll set it up, last night I didn't for Columbus because I was at a black tie event, but I'll sure be around tomorrow.

ShaunRiching9
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
man it was such a good game last nigth Fleury, Sid, and Letang dominated