PDA

View Full Version : How fortunate we are to be patriots fans.

athlete9393
02-06-2009, 10:14 PM
I would like to start off with jealousy.

1. I am not saying that every fan is jealous of the patriots, but there are those people out there who are jealous of the patriots. Just because some people hates the patriots doesn't make them jealous, but there are those people who are jealous and that causes them to hate us. Again, not everybody is jealous.

2. We have three superbowls, enough said.

3. Our team has the best coach in the league. I love belichek and always will. Spygate has no preference on me. Yes, he cheated, but he is the best coach in the last decade to me. No, not bill parcels. He was nothing without bill belichek clearly look at his achievments in Dallas. Not only that, BB knows how to win, I love it how he actson the sideline, he knows exactly what is going to happening and is always ready. I have never seem him rushing to find something. Not only that, the guy is the man, he hates losing.

4. What I just said leads to my next point, "Bill knows exactly what is going to happen and is always ready. I have never seen him rushing to find something out or because we were in a tough situatuon. He is always ready." After watching one of the playoffs at my uncle's house, I realized how fortunate we are to be patriots fans. Some of the decisions mad e by othe rcoaches and teams are ridiculous. Bill and his team are always prepared and 999 out of 1000 times, they make the right one. Other teams it is more like 75 out of 100. That must be embarrassing because it is really true. If you don't believe, sit down on a Sunday nex tyear and root for one of the teams that aren't the patriots and tell me how many times they make the wrong decisions or don't know what to do. You will count a lot.

5. I have pointed out jealousy, but being hated is awesome. I love teams hating us because they try as hard as they can to beat us and then we totall ******* them up. Not only do we win by ten points, but most of the time, we win by like 21 because once belichek has them down, he steps on there throat. I love it. Yes, we do lose once in a while, but even with our backup qb we almost make the playoffs, which brings me to my next point.

6. We kicked teams ***** with our backup qb, how many teams can say they did that. Some teams can't even win with their normal starter.

7. Everytime another team tries and talks smack, the patriots own them the next game and you never hear from them again except for the dolphins. I will give you that.

All in all, I love being a patriots fan!!!!!:rock:

torrance
02-06-2009, 10:25 PM
It's actually a compliment to have others hate your team. It means your team is winning. Who hates the Lions? No one...except maybe their own fans. People hate winners. Wait, I can't think of anyone who hates me. Does that make me a loser?

athlete9393
02-07-2009, 02:11 PM
It's actually a compliment to have others hate your team. It means your team is winning. Who hates the Lions? No one...except maybe their own fans. People hate winners. Wait, I can't think of anyone who hates me. Does that make me a loser?

not necessarily. lol. I think that teams hate us because they can't beat us and t hat when we beat them, we don't just beat them, we pummel them to a crisp.:clap:

magichatnumber9
02-07-2009, 03:12 PM
It's actually a compliment to have others hate your team. It means your team is winning. Who hates the Lions? No one...except maybe their own fans. People hate winners. Wait, I can't think of anyone who hates me. Does that make me a loser? it depends. no just kidding your a Pats fan so you rule.

Vincent33
02-08-2009, 12:13 AM
It was Green Bay in the 60s, Steelers in the 70s, 49ers in the 80s, Cowboys in the 90s, and now New England as the dominant team of the decade. Especially in the era of Free Agency and the salary cap, this run that the Patriots have been on is even that more impressive. We are very lucky to have such a great owner in Mr. Kraft and one of the all-time great coaches in Bill Belichick. Mass fans in general are very lucky to have great ownership with all of the pro sports teams. (Bruins owner is still iffy but it looks as though the GM finally built a winner!)

bagwell368
02-08-2009, 08:25 AM
believe me, it's pretty great these days. but as I am probably the longest "suffering" fan here, there is the other side:

Trading Nick Buoniconti to the Dolphins and watching him lead that D to its glory.

Signing Joe Kapp, and watching him suck (3 TD & 17 INT's) and then go to Canada.

Watching the inept coaches come and go: Clive Rush/John Mazur/Phil Bengston

Watching a real coach - Chuck Fairbanks come, along with Plunkett - then watching Plunkett go for a bucket of draft picks that turned out to be great players. Then having Fairbanks sign with Colorado, and our first SB win snatched out of our hand by an evil minded official.

More years with not so great coaches - Ron Erhardt/John Meyer and Steve Grogan running around trying to hit Morgan, but with mixed results.

Berry shows up and gets us in to the SB, too bad it wasn't the previous years Vikings who we would have killed. It's the legendary '85 Bears. But we did squish the fish.

Berry magic is over, Rod "ugh" Rush, and old man MacPherson fritter away another six years while we try Marc Wilson and Hugh Millen at QB.

Parcells and Bledsoe come to town and save pro football in NE. But Parcells plays footsie with another team, several players have drug scandals, and it folds up into the "carroll"/Terry Glenn/Chris Canty days - all beatches if I ever saw any....

So, raise your glass high, and toast. my toasts are like a long suffering Sox fan (I am one of those too) when the high life finally shows up.

p.s. - the '09 Pats will have the best and deepest roster in team history, can't be sure what they will do with it. Brady is the first question, and the picks we get for Cassel is the 2nd.

Sportfan
02-08-2009, 09:15 AM
believe me, it's pretty great these days. but as I am probably the longest "suffering" fan here, there is the other side:

Trading Nick Buoniconti to the Dolphins and watching him lead that D to its glory.

Signing Joe Kapp, and watching him suck (3 TD & 17 INT's) and then go to Canada.

Watching the inept coaches come and go: Clive Rush/John Mazur/Phil Bengston

Watching a real coach - Chuck Fairbanks come, along with Plunkett - then watching Plunkett go for a bucket of draft picks that turned out to be great players. Then having Fairbanks sign with Colorado, and our first SB win snatched out of our hand by an evil minded official.

More years with not so great coaches - Ron Erhardt/John Meyer and Steve Grogan running around trying to hit Morgan, but with mixed results.

Berry shows up and gets us in to the SB, too bad it wasn't the previous years Vikings who we would have killed. It's the legendary '85 Bears. But we did squish the fish.

Berry magic is over, Rod "ugh" Rush, and old man MacPherson fritter away another six years while we try Marc Wilson and Hugh Millen at QB.

Parcells and Bledsoe come to town and save pro football in NE. But Parcells plays footsie with another team, several players have drug scandals, and it folds up into the "carroll"/Terry Glenn/Chris Canty days - all beatches if I ever saw any....

So, raise your glass high, and toast. my toasts are like a long suffering Sox fan (I am one of those too) when the high life finally shows up.

p.s. - the '09 Pats will have the best and deepest roster in team history, can't be sure what they will do with it. Brady is the first question, and the picks we get for Cassel is the 2nd.

Haha wow you've suffered a lot through the years bagwell

JMF
02-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I've found myself to be about as fortunate of a sports fan that there can possibly be. I was raised a fan of the Pats/Sox/B's/C's due to my father being a Brockton native. But I was born in 1984, and the first year I remember following sports like I do now is when I was 93 when the Pats drafted Bledsoe. Of course it took about 10 years for me to see any of of my teams win a championship, I can hardly complain. Super Bowl in '96, then of course the run in the 2000s. Bob Kraft absolutely is owed so much credit, and of course Bill. But nope, can't complain about being a Pats fan. And even when I can complain (whenever this brilliant run ends), I'll still follow them just the same.

athlete9393
02-08-2009, 12:05 PM
I've found myself to be about as fortunate of a sports fan that there can possibly be. I was raised a fan of the Pats/Sox/B's/C's due to my father being a Brockton native. But I was born in 1984, and the first year I remember following sports like I do now is when I was 93 when the Pats drafted Bledsoe. Of course it took about 10 years for me to see any of of my teams win a championship, I can hardly complain. Super Bowl in '96, then of course the run in the 2000s. Bob Kraft absolutely is owed so much credit, and of course Bill. But nope, can't complain about being a Pats fan. And even when I can complain (whenever this brilliant run ends), I'll still follow them just the same.

let's hope the run never ends.:)

griff141
02-08-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't care how many haters are out there, I don't care who is playing for our teams, I don't care about spygate or anything else.... Boston sports for life!!!

Pedroia
02-08-2009, 06:43 PM
I don't care how many haters are out there, I don't care who is playing for our teams, I don't care about spygate or anything else.... Boston sports for life!!!

Power to the Patriots! :clap:

bagwell368
02-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Power to the Patriots! :clap:

I haven't cared about the Bruins since Neely went down, but this years crew has the look about them.

Pats will win. Celts should win. Red Sox could easily win.....

Ah yes, Boston sports.

Crickr
02-09-2009, 09:30 AM
You say Boston sports fan however there are many more of us throughout New England who are also die hard Bostobn Area fans

bagwell368
02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
You say Boston sports fan however there are many more of us throughout New England who are also die hard Bostobn Area fans

When you grow up 10 miles out of Boston, Boston is the place. When you go to school in Amherst is when it first comes to your attention that the folks in Boston think Framingham is Western Mass and Pittsfield is in Ohio. Forgive them, they know not what they miss.

I have thought when in upstate NY that from Albany to the Finger Lakes - the area has more in common with NE, then downstate NY any day. Think of all the extra fans the Pats would have if it was organized correctly!

The Intimidator
02-09-2009, 12:51 PM
When you grow up 10 miles out of Boston, Boston is the place. When you go to school in Amherst is when it first comes to your attention that the folks in Boston think Framingham is Western Mass and Pittsfield is in Ohio. Forgive them, they know not what they miss.

I have thought when in upstate NY that from Albany to the Finger Lakes - the area has more in common with NE, then downstate NY any day. Think of all the extra fans the Pats would have if it was organized correctly!

I love the Framingham reference, Bags. Best town in the state! :D

BTownTeamsRKing
02-09-2009, 01:02 PM
my sig line says it all. but ill add,

im 20 and i first watched the Patriots in 96-96, instant winning and then after we werent great, but then we turned into a Dynasty.

Red Sox since 99. Pedro and Nomar were my boys

Celtics since 2000. Pierce then, Pierce now. Pierce forever a Celtics! favorite player in any sport.

GPMicro
02-13-2009, 06:13 PM

Even though this isn't exactly the point you're making, you're implying that people hate teams that win all the time. While some people hate the Sox - recent winners, a FAR larger number of people hate the Yankees, recent non-winners... So it's not ONLY about winning, it's about how a team carries themselves.

I never understood why people got so pissed at the Pats for dropping 50+ on teams. In international rugby union tournaments, where the scoring structure is very similar to American football, New Zealand has dropped over 100 points on teams. Why is it that no one complains that they are running up scores and that everyone should hate them?

bagwell368
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM
^^^

because rugger is a much more dynamic game, you just can't tell your Wing Forwards, 8, and backs to take it easy and go into prevent - there is no such thing. You line up or scrum up, and have at it.

I was a #8 in college. It was fun, in particular the games when you had 5-6 beers before the game. Then 4 hours later playing with the cloud headed Ultimate Frisbee squad... talk about two totally different sets of folks.

GPMicro
02-14-2009, 02:05 PM
^^^

because rugger is a much more dynamic game, you just can't tell your Wing Forwards, 8, and backs to take it easy and go into prevent - there is no such thing. You line up or scrum up, and have at it.

I was a #8 in college. It was fun, in particular the games when you had 5-6 beers before the game. Then 4 hours later playing with the cloud headed Ultimate Frisbee squad... talk about two totally different sets of folks.

Yeah, but still, everyone said that Belichick should have taken out the starters in the 4th quarter all the time. You can take a few guys out of the game in rugby too... I'm not saying the All Blacks should be criticized, I'm saying that no one should be criticizing the Pats, as I believe the game should be played until the clock expires. If a media member doesn't like it that their team gets beat them by five or six touchdowns, then they should whack their team for sucking - not whack the opponent for playing with maximum intensity for the whole game.

I was a hooker, so I didn't get the ball that often in good running situations, but I know what you mean. I did play flanker a few times which a lot of fun - you get to make all the big hits and you can grab the ball, peel off and go whenever you want.

bagwell368
02-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah, but still, everyone said that Belichick should have taken out the starters in the 4th quarter all the time. You can take a few guys out of the game in rugby too... I'm not saying the All Blacks should be criticized, I'm saying that no one should be criticizing the Pats, as I believe the game should be played until the clock expires. If a media member doesn't like it that their team gets beat them by five or six touchdowns, then they should whack their team for sucking - not whack the opponent for playing with maximum intensity for the whole game.

I was a hooker, so I didn't get the ball that often in good running situations, but I know what you mean. I did play flanker a few times which a lot of fun - you get to make all the big hits and you can grab the ball, peel off and go whenever you want.

Hooker hunh? Man, I was way too big for that.

Actually my post got interrupted. I agree. Injuries and sloppy habits results from taking the foot off the gas. If I was BB I would have followed my own plans and ignored all of it - which I believe he did.

I coached a team of 4th graders in a competitive town league 7 years ago, and I just showed them how to play and what I wanted, and they won all 16 games, by an average of 39-5, including 2 shutouts and 2 2 point games. I had coaches yelling at me, all sorts of stuff. I said, the kids are good, smart, and they compete hard. Will it make your kids feel better if I tell my kids to stop playing D for 3 minutes so you can get 3 baskets? Or will they see what we are doing and feel even worse about themselves? Go coach them better and shut up. Forget it.

Duplicitous society. Do your best, but only to a threshold. Go over it, and then people want to pull you off the pedestal and kick you.

GPMicro
02-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Hooker hunh? Man, I was way too big for that.

Actually my post got interrupted. I agree. Injuries and sloppy habits results from taking the foot off the gas. If I was BB I would have followed my own plans and ignored all of it - which I believe he did.

I coached a team of 4th graders in a competitive town league 7 years ago, and I just showed them how to play and what I wanted, and they won all 16 games, by an average of 39-5, including 2 shutouts and 2 2 point games. I had coaches yelling at me, all sorts of stuff. I said, the kids are good, smart, and they compete hard. Will it make your kids feel better if I tell my kids to stop playing D for 3 minutes so you can get 3 baskets? Or will they see what we are doing and feel even worse about themselves? Go coach them better and shut up. Forget it.

Duplicitous society. Do your best, but only to a threshold. Go over it, and then people want to pull you off the pedestal and kick you.

That pretty much says it. The first practice I went to, the coach looked at me and said "you'd better learn to hook really fast!" I'm 5'5" 200lbs. and built like a tank.

Along the same lines, I remember playing a team that had moved up that season to our division and we were up something like 30-3 at the half. Their captain actually asked our captain: "would you guys mind turning down the intensity a bit because you're handling us pretty good." We put up another 35 or so in the second half. We thought the try bonus in the standings was a little more important...

bagwell368
02-14-2009, 08:04 PM
That pretty much says it. The first practice I went to, the coach looked at me and said "you'd better learn to hook really fast!" I'm 5'5" 200lbs. and built like a tank.

Along the same lines, I remember playing a team that had moved up that season to our division and we were up something like 30-3 at the half. Their captain actually asked our captain: "would you guys mind turning down the intensity a bit because you're handling us pretty good." We put up another 35 or so in the second half. We thought the try bonus in the standings was a little more important...

Good for you guys! If I hooked the props would have to have been 7' 8".

Back in the day I was 6' 8" 230 lbs and fast, and good open field hitter, and kicker, so naturally #8 for me. Now after open heart surgery 4 years ago, I've gained 60 lbs and take 9 meds a day. My kids are real good at baseball and basketball and I get to coach them/watch them a lot, so that's cool.

ERLynx
02-15-2009, 07:45 PM
oh. hey. sorry to interrupt. i just heard something about Framingham. and i want to say Worcester is number 1! or something!

ugh Upton.

The Intimidator
02-16-2009, 01:01 PM
oh. hey. sorry to interrupt. i just heard something about Framingham. and i want to say Worcester is number 1! or something!

ugh Upton.

Sorry Lynx, but Worcester has nothing on Framingham. You have the Sharks, we have MERLONI!

poppa12645
02-16-2009, 10:34 PM
I was born in New York city move to Mass when I was eight and I am a DIEHARD Pats fan. It killed me last year being overseas missing so many games and watching the Superbowl at the *** crack of dawn!! Then I was in training at FT Dix NJ opening day My buddy (dolphins fan) calls me and says Tom Brady broke his knee hahaha you guys suck. I hate Dolphin fans