PDA

View Full Version : What if Portland would have drafted Kevin Durant......

ProdigyI
02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Jared Bayless
Brandon Roy
Kevin Durant
LaMarcus Aldridge
Joel "Vanilla Godzilla" Pryzbilla

A Roy, Durant, and Alridge connection reminds me of a younger Allen, Pierce, and Garnett conection.

Would they have been better off drafting Durant?

Missing56&33
02-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I thought they should have drafted Durant, because he had a better work out than Oden. Oden was hurt during his pre draft work outs and he didn't do well but he was there guy anyway. Durant impressed Portland during pre draft workouts ....they should have paid attention to that.

LifeAboveTheRim
02-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Jared Bayless
Brandon Roy
Kevin Durant
LaMarcus Aldridge

A Roy, Durant, and Alridge connection reminds me of a younger Allen, Pierce, and Garnett conection.

That line up would be like lightening. Just extremely fast. As far as being better, not sure, because the West's bigs are dominant i.e. Gasol, Shaq, Duncan, I'm hesitant to add Bynum to that list just yet. With Durant in the lineup, pushing the ball and scoring would not be a problem. But with Oden in the middle, it causes a lot of problems on the other end of the court for the opposing team, clogging the lane and a shot blocking ability. So although Oden sat out for an entire season after being drafted, I think Portland made a good overall choice and is in position to be a force in the West in a few seasons.

Plus on a little side topic, I've really been liking Batum's play at the 3 spot, with Aldridge and Oden up front. Thats going to be a sick front court!

HOZ THE KNICK
02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
i hope greg oden dosen't turn out to be a bust bandwagon.

KeithLBC
02-06-2009, 08:32 PM
He would have stunted Roy's development :)

ProdigyI
02-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Durant, Roy and Aldridge all have size....I think they could have been a top 3 western team by next year

LifeAboveTheRim
02-06-2009, 08:52 PM

Great point :clap:

The Answer3
02-06-2009, 09:01 PM
They'd be better right now, I don't know about the future. Just wait and see how Oden pans out.

JordansBulls
02-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Jared Bayless
Brandon Roy
Kevin Durant
LaMarcus Aldridge

Would have been good in the short run.

JAZZNC
02-06-2009, 09:20 PM
The Blazers have good chemistry, all Durant would have done is mess things up just chunking the ball up every chance he got. It wouldn't have worked out better for the Blazers. I just really don't like Durant, even in college he just shot and shot and shot and shot and that's all he continues to do. He's nothing but overrated.

theimortalone
02-06-2009, 09:51 PM
OMG enough of the ****ing "what if" threads! Holy hell! What if is such a pointless saying!

chicagowhitesox
02-06-2009, 09:58 PM
yeah. durant is one of the best young players in the game. the same can't be said for oden yet. and durant actually stays on the court. no injuries or foul trouble.

MJ-BULLS
02-06-2009, 10:25 PM
you guys would be a top 3 team and would of have a better record

JJ81
02-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Durant is a great player (scored 22 in the first half tonight against Portland to put his team up by 20 at the half).

BrizzleBear
02-06-2009, 10:32 PM
But they didn't draft Kevin Durant So......Give Oden some time before you call him a bust.

JermanJaysFan
02-06-2009, 10:34 PM
The Blazers have good chemistry, all Durant would have done is mess things up just chunking the ball up every chance he got. It wouldn't have worked out better for the Blazers. I just really don't like Durant, even in college he just shot and shot and shot and shot and that's all he continues to do. He's nothing but overrated.

Strongly disagree. The guy is getting 25ppg on 48% shooting (42% from three and 86% from the line, where he goes 7 times per game). I'll let that guy chuck for me any day of the week.

Additionally, I don't think that he would have been such a, as you put it, "chunker" in Portland because, unlike in Texas where he was easily the best player and now in Seattle/Oklahoma City where that was/is still the case, he would have some very capable teammates had he been a Blazer and would have been forced to take a backseat on O.

hotpotato1092
02-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Oden's gonna be a great big, those are much harder to find then a great wing. Blazers have no regrets.

IversonIsKrazy
02-06-2009, 10:45 PM
stop the "what if" threads. what if raptors drafted roy and granger instead of bargs and joey. what if bobcats kept kobe instead of trading him for Vdivac. what if jordan was drafted #1 to portland. what if charlotte drafted D12 instead of Emeka. What if...

KeithLBC
02-06-2009, 11:55 PM
stop the "what if" threads. what if raptors drafted roy and granger instead of bargs and joey. what if bobcats kept kobe instead of trading him for Vdivac. what if jordan was drafted #1 to portland. what if charlotte drafted D12 instead of Emeka. What if...

Your post makes sense, but you were wrong in most of your statements. The Charlotte Hornets drafted Kobe & traded him for Divac. Also, Howard was the first pick in the draft by the Magic, how could the Bobcats have picked him when they drafted second :confused: :eyebrow:

Hawkeye15
02-07-2009, 12:02 AM
this may have been said, but they would have to choose between Roy and Durant.

KeithLBC
02-07-2009, 12:05 AM
this may have been said, but they would have to choose between Roy and Durant.

not in those exact words, but basically the same thought :hi5:

Steely McBeam
02-07-2009, 12:10 AM
im just a huge durant fan, hes a young t-mac with a better attitude and not injury prone. Although i still think a true 7 foot center is almost impossible to find and people should give oden time to develop, i understand why the blazers drafted oden over durant

znick21
02-07-2009, 12:26 AM
i trust kevin pritchard knows more about basketball than half the ***** on psd.

Pau for Geico
02-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Your post makes sense, but you were wrong in most of your statements. The Charlotte Hornets drafted Kobe & traded him for Divac. Also, Howard was the first pick in the draft by the Magic, how could the Bobcats have picked him when they drafted second :confused: :eyebrow:

Lol. The Bobcats weren't even in the league at the time. XD

Big Quett
02-07-2009, 05:30 AM

Chicagofaithful
02-07-2009, 06:35 AM
if they had drafted Durant.... every team in the league would have sent it in early...