PDA

View Full Version : Refs Suck.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 02:19 PM
ok this may be obvious, but i want to make it clear. REFS SUCK.

to all Celtics and Lakers fans and other NBA fans (sorry the Celtics and Lakers own the basketball stage): stop complaining about the refs. we know they suck.

they blow obvious easy calls and show an incredible amount of inconsistency. The sad thing is that they are not fixing games; they are just dumb as hell.

i started this to see if we can get rid of all the stupid complaining about the refs. they are so inconsistent, i just accept that they are terrible at thier job.

i think u guys should take this approach to watching these games. its more relaxing and u dont get so pissed and feel cheated after every loss.

anyone have any ideas how to improve this unfortunately awful part of the game.

its not NBA refs, NFL refs are worse. they get replay and screw it up.

time to grow up and accept the facts.

FaceDown91
02-06-2009, 02:22 PM
its common knowlodge thay they suck lol.

Sport
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I am a ref. Do I suck?

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I am a ref. Do I suck?

depends.

which side do u favor? jus playen

i knew someone here would be. so why is it so many bad calls are made?
is that tough to ref? i have never done it and lately i just cant beleive the inept level of refs in the major sports.

they screwed up the superbowl again.

so is it that tough? wat sport do u ref?

Sport
02-06-2009, 02:44 PM
depends.

which side do u favor? jus playen

i knew someone here would be. so why is it so many bad calls are made?
is that tough to ref? i have never done it and lately i just cant beleive the inept level of refs in the major sports.

they screwed up the superbowl again.

so is it that tough? wat sport do u ref?

I ref High School wrestling and ump Town Team baseball.

Haha so I dont get as bad a time as these pro refs, athough sometimes you would be suprised.:D

I live by the rule where your gut instinct is the correct call. You cant second guess yourself and you can NEVER dictate your call by what the crowds reaction is.

Rudebeggar
02-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I agree. I always root for the AFC And i hate to admit it but I like the Steelers,since the 70's..Pat's first though. The Steelers got the game given to them(against Seattle too) and so did the Lakers last night. Being a ref is a tough job,so I sympathize. But I do feel that David Stern has his greedy little hands in the outcomes of games. It is almost as scripted as Wrestling

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I ref High School wrestling and Town Team baseball.

Haha so I dont get as bad a time as these pro refs, athough sometimes you would be suprised.:D

I live by the rule where your gut instinct is the correct call. You cant second guess yourself and you can NEVER dictate your call by what the crowds reaction is.

the crowd part is nice to hear. i hope thats how it is, but i dont think it is. i beleive home field/court is helped by refs influenced by the crowd.

idk about that 1st rule, bc everone make mistakes and with that attitude its like u think your always right.

lol ive seen little league umpires and rec Bball refs get screamed at

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 02:51 PM
who here on this site TRULY beleieves a certain sport is influenced by money, favoritism, ratings, or fixes of any kind?

i dont think its fixed, but i think there is a bit of favoritism by leagues. lebron gets way too many calls his way that no one else gets. not even Kobe.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I do find it weird that I can see the correct call from my couch watching it on tv, while they screw it up when they are 5 feet from it, live.

Sport
02-06-2009, 02:55 PM
the crowd part is nice to hear. i hope thats how it is, but i dont think it is. i beleive home field/court is helped by refs influenced by the crowd.

idk about that 1st rule, bc everone make mistakes and with that attitude its like u think your always right.

lol ive seen little league umpires and rec Bball refs get screamed at

While thats true, You cant second guess yourself. You have to call what you feel.

Rudebeggar
02-06-2009, 02:55 PM
The games would be so much better if a big name or a big market didn't influence calls. Ref's should be taught first to pretend that all the names are the same on the back of the uniform and second that all teams are are deserving of a good job of officiating

S.J.Basketball
02-06-2009, 02:59 PM
You guys should start a parade and march all the way to Washington.

GodsSon
02-06-2009, 03:01 PM
who here on this site TRULY beleieves a certain sport is influenced by money, favoritism, ratings, or fixes of any kind?

i dont think its fixed, but i think there is a bit of favoritism by leagues. lebron gets way too many calls his way that no one else gets. not even Kobe.

i could actually argue some aspects of the sport are fixed, the draft especially has been questioned in years past...and when the Donaghy scandal was going on, he said that refs are told to influence games favouring certain teams, and I dont see why he would lie about it at that point considering he was already facing substantial legal woes.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 03:02 PM
While thats true, You cant second guess yourself. You have to call what you feel.

there u go. we found 1 problem with reffing.

we both have a point and this is where it starts.

1. refs cannot second guess themselves
2. refs beleieve they are always right
3. refs make mistakes

the problem is very clear.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 03:04 PM
i could actually argue some aspects of the sport are fixed, the draft especially has been questioned in years past...and when the Donaghy scandal was going on, he said that refs are told to influence games favouring certain teams, and I dont see why he would lie about it at that point considering he was already facing substantial legal woes.

i hate the fact the draft lotto is done in secret. what a stupid idea if your known as a shady league. we need more transparency

woah woah woah, the influencing part...ARE U SERIOUS? he said that?!?! wow

thats bad. thats awful to hear

GodsSon
02-06-2009, 03:08 PM
i hate the fact the draft lotto is done in secret. what a stupid idea if your known as a shady league. we need more transparency

woah woah woah, the influencing part...ARE U SERIOUS? he said that?!?! wow

thats bad. thats awful to hear

well stern just threw him under the bus after and said he was just trying to spoil the league's character, but it really makes you wonder...also, again referring back the draft, i remember reading about some conspiracies regarding the 1985 draft lottery when the knicks got ewing, but seeing how i was only 1 at the time, i dont know much lol.

Rudebeggar
02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
It all comes down to David Stern. The fish stinks from the head. Stern has been riding Magic and Larry's revitalization of the NBA for far too long. We need new blood in there ,maybe a former player or just someone who cares about the integrity of the league and not just the money end

nd4T.O.
02-06-2009, 03:13 PM
this would come from a boston guy

Vidball
02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Refs were bad in the Laker/Celtic game last night for sure. KG shouldn't have fouled out, Odom shouldn't have been in foul trouble in the first and second quarters, and Pierce shouldn't have been sent to the line with less than 30 seconds left in the game on a tic-tac call. Bad calls all around. Thats how it goes though. Thats why in the NBA you need to be 5 or 10 points better than your opponent--because you never know how many points the refs will rob from you.

philab
02-06-2009, 03:36 PM

Right . . . :rolleyes:

That's why Cleveland got LeBron, Denver got Carmelo, San Antonio got Duncan, Portland got Oden, Seattle got Durant, Orlando got Howard, the Spurs had a dynasty, the Pistons have made six straight ECFs, and the Knicks, Clippers, and Bulls have been mostly awful since at least 1998.

Doesn't sound shady to me -- unless Stern just really sucks at fixing things.

still1ballin
02-06-2009, 04:22 PM
they suck

Missing56&33
02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
ok this may be obvious, but i want to make it clear. REFS SUCK.

to all Celtics and Lakers fans and other NBA fans (sorry the Celtics and Lakers own the basketball stage): stop complaining about the refs. we know they suck.

they blow obvious easy calls and show an incredible amount of inconsistency. The sad thing is that they are not fixing games; they are just dumb as hell.

i started this to see if we can get rid of all the stupid complaining about the refs. they are so inconsistent, i just accept that they are terrible at thier job.

i think u guys should take this approach to watching these games. its more relaxing and u dont get so pissed and feel cheated after every loss.

anyone have any ideas how to improve this unfortunately awful part of the game.

its not NBA refs, NFL refs are worse. they get replay and screw it up.

time to grow up and accept the facts.

obviously you are a Celtics fan but i think the game was called fairly well, The Celtics drew up a terrible play for the final shot of the game. Good no call, Lakers won fair and square. KG played a terrible game

MJ-BULLS
02-06-2009, 04:33 PM
they suck

DLeeicious
02-06-2009, 04:46 PM
All I can say is what tough *** job refs have. They have to make split second decisions for 48 minutes in a game. It's impossible to not make mistakes. To say "refs suck" is so naive. Some are better than others but the fact of the matter is there are always gonna be bad calls but in the end they will even out, it's the law of averages. All this is true except for that D-Bag Donaghy (I think that's his name), he can lick my balls that tool.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Right . . . :rolleyes:

That's why Cleveland got LeBron, Denver got Carmelo, San Antonio got Duncan, Portland got Oden, Seattle got Durant, Orlando got Howard, the Spurs had a dynasty, the Pistons have made six straight ECFs, and the Knicks, Clippers, and Bulls have been mostly awful since at least 1998.

Doesn't sound shady to me -- unless Stern just really sucks at fixing things.

give one good reason why the draft lotto is better off behind closed doors. there isnt one. so if there if isnt one, why do it?

to those saying "another Boston complainer." u guys must think the refs are great then huh.

is there any Bball refs on this site of any level? why is it so hard to call a consistent game? is that tough to see? there bas to be a reason why the reffing is so inconsistent. its so bad that we are shocked when they actually get it right.

commentators have to give credit to refs when they get it right because it is so rare.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 04:54 PM
All I can say is what tough *** job refs have. They have to make split second decisions for 48 minutes in a game. It's impossible to not make mistakes. To say "refs suck" is so naive. Some are better than others but the fact of the matter is there are always gonna be bad calls but in the end they will even out, it's the law of averages. All this is true except for that D-Bag Donaghy (I think that's his name), he can lick my balls that tool.

generally, do u come away from an NBA game thinking most calls were correct and the game was fair? i know i dont.

if u think that i beleive that Boston gets a bad everytime, then your wrong. numerous times after KG fouled out, they tried to give breaks to Boston on some of those out of bounds calls.

SJSHARKIES
02-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh man, seriously they lost they lost. Stop crying people. There are always bad calls in a game, you have to overcome them, it happens both sides of the game. You don't put a lose on officiating.

carter15
02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I agree. I always root for the AFC And i hate to admit it but I like the Steelers,since the 70's..Pat's first though. The Steelers got the game given to them(against Seattle too) and so did the Lakers last night. Being a ref is a tough job,so I sympathize. But I do feel that David Stern has his greedy little hands in the outcomes of games. It is almost as scripted as Wrestling

first i just wanna say that the refs in the SB and last nights game between celtics-lakers..didnt favor either team they were just not so great in general.

last night in specific there were so many calls i disagreeg with. Kobe shudnt of gotten a T..it shuda just been rondo, KG shudnt of been called on the 5th foul....pierce shudnt of gotten to the line atleast one of those last 2 times etc.etc.etc.

i dont think its fixed whatsoever...too many ppl wud no about it and i cudnt believe that noone wud of let it out by now...but when u ref its just not an easy thing....in basketball theres 10 guys on the court at once...in football 22 at once....and how many refs in comparason...4 in basketball and 6 in football about?....its IMPOSSIBLE to see everything clearly...and there seeing things FULL SPEED...they dont have the benefit of slow motion to make the calls....its just human nature that theyd make mistakes...i guarantee nobody here cud do a better job..even tho theyll say or course i can...but they just havnt experienced it.....its really not easy...especially with the pressure of big games since u dont wanna **** up and miss the big call.

SJSHARKIES
02-06-2009, 05:03 PM
generally, do u come away from an NBA game thinking most calls were correct and the game was fair? i know i dont.

if u think that i beleive that Boston gets a bad everytime, then your wrong. numerous times after KG fouled out, they tried to give breaks to Boston on some of those out of bounds calls.

Agree you said it perfect.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
^thank you

Teeboy1487
02-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah the refs stink. Paul pierce got bailed out so many times it was not funny.