PDA

View Full Version : Regular season heros? Why were the Lakers rejoicing after beating the Celtics?

fairandbalanced
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Why were the Lakers rejoicing after beating the Celtics? It was a great game, very competitive and I think their aggressiveness matched the Celtics toughness.

JAZZNC
02-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Well, you have obviously no idea what you're talking about if you think that the Lakers have played the best basketball in the NBA for the past 4 years. They haven't even clearly been playing the best basketball this year. They certainly didn't last year and the two years before that they weren't even close. So what exactly in the hell are you talking about?

Also they went to the Finals last year, that's a pretty memorable playoff performance I think. I'm sure disappointing for Laker fans but memorable none the less......very pointless thread.

fairandbalanced
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, you have obviously no idea what you're talking about if you think that the Lakers have played the best basketball in the NBA for the past 4 years. They haven't even clearly been playing the best basketball this year. They certainly didn't last year and the two years before that they weren't even close. So what exactly in the hell are you talking about?

Also they went to the Finals last year, that's a pretty memorable playoff performance I think. I'm sure disappointing for Laker fans but memorable none the less......very pointless thread.

Really? As pointless as the tread "gasoft?" If people make treads trying to praise the Lakers, there should be an alternative because that team is as weak as sugarcane stem.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 01:33 PM
They did seem overly pumped after the win, but whatever.

fairandbalanced
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM

Yea.............however, they haven't won a thing.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-06-2009, 01:36 PM

x's 2

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 01:37 PM

Yea, it still only counts as one win. I can't imagine what they would do if they did win it all.

fairandbalanced
02-06-2009, 01:37 PM
x's 2

And what's exactly your memory of the Lakers finals?

kingkobe
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM

Regardless of that...what are you talking about Lakers having great seasons for last 4 years? They were pathetic for 3-4 years before last year. So counting last year (after Gasol trade) and half of this season..thats 1 season.

L@ker4Life
02-06-2009, 01:46 PM
well, you have obviously no idea what you're talking about if you think that the lakers have played the best basketball in the nba for the past 4 years. They haven't even clearly been playing the best basketball this year. They certainly didn't last year and the two years before that they weren't even close. So what exactly in the hell are you talking about?

Also they went to the finals last year, that's a pretty memorable playoff performance i think. I'm sure disappointing for laker fans but memorable none the less......very pointless thread.

x3

L@ker4Life
02-06-2009, 01:49 PM

Dude whats your memory of the playoffs? That is if your old enough to remember when Portland made the playoffs. You guys havent done anything since Rasheed and Pippen. YOu guys are very likely to miss the playoffs again this year.

They were excited just like every team is when they win a close nail biter game. Not to mention it was a playoff atmosphere there and the teams really dont like eachother. We have an opportunity to do something really special this year and that is getting back to the finals again and hopefully pulling it out this year.

When was the last time the Blazers went to the the finals? Get off the hatorade and just enjoy the season.....even if in order to do so you have to start watching the Lakers instead!!!

Vidball
02-06-2009, 03:16 PM
They shouldn't have celebrated like that? They went into the Garden (where they were 0-4 at last season) and won an OT thriller without Bynum during a nationally televised game that had a playoff atmosphere from the crowds to the T's...that was just one game, but it was a big game. It was also against the only team ahead of them percentage-wise in the standings. The game was big on a few different levels.

S.J.Basketball
02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
They won in OT against the champs who beat them last year in Boston without their starting Center Bynum. I'd be pumped too.

Thread Starter really needs to change his name and also should try to learn what the hell he's even talking about.

albertc86
02-06-2009, 03:26 PM
You guys obviously don't understand the playoff implications yesterdays game had. The Lakers won the tie-breaker. So they get home court advantage if they face each other in the finals.

thedfactor
02-06-2009, 03:29 PM
It's simple, they won in Boston without their starting center. It was a big game, finals rematch, a rival, and Boston is cocky as hell...Good win LA

Testaverde16
02-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I didn't think they were celebrating anymore than any other team would after winning a rivalry game. And I don't know what you're talking about in terms of regular season the passed 4 years, they hadn't been much more impressive than many other teams in the passed 4 years.

I'm 98% sure you have no idea what you're talking about, but thet's just my opinion.

Lakers4ItAll
02-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Exactly

You guys obviously don't understand the playoff implications yesterdays game had. The Lakers won the tie-breaker. So they get home court advantage if they face each other in the finals.

fresh prince
02-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Damm 10 seconds of life I will never get back! Why did I open this

Kobe disappears in big games? And the Lakers have been the best regular season team for 4 years?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Clearly Fair and BALANCE lives on Narnia

JJ81
02-06-2009, 04:05 PM
The NBA has been blessed by the Lakers regular season showcase the last 4 years, however they've not done anything in postseason that is memorable. I was very dissapointed that they were rejoicing as if they have won the championship after beating the Celtics lastnight. The Lakers are playing the best basketball in the Nba right now just like they have done the past 4 seasons but they have not done a thing in the post-season and in big games Kobe fades faster than a colored dress soaked in bleach. Can the Lakers win it all this year? NO, and the reason I am saying that is because that team only get hyped up in regular season games, and you're not gonna beat the Spurs by looking down on them.

:confused::confused::confused:

Not done a thing? They made the finals. Didn't you watch the Lakers play Nuggs, Jazz, Spurs last season?

Why were you disappointed at their celebration? They beat their rivals (who are arguably the best team in the East) for the second time this season. The Lakers Celtics rivalry is the biggest, most heated and longest lasting in Basketball history. If you were a Laker fan you would realise how much winning those two games meant.

Someone bad this baiter.:mad:

ratatat
02-06-2009, 04:17 PM
The NBA has been blessed by the Lakers regular season showcase the last 4 years, however they've not done anything in postseason that is memorable. I was very dissapointed that they were rejoicing as if they have won the championship after beating the Celtics lastnight. The Lakers are playing the best basketball in the Nba right now just like they have done the past 4 seasons but they have not done a thing in the post-season and in big games Kobe fades faster than a colored dress soaked in bleach. Can the Lakers win it all this year? NO, and the reason I am saying that is because that team only get hyped up in regular season games, and you're not gonna beat the Spurs by looking down on them.

are you an idiot? the answer is YES

07MVPPatBurrell
02-06-2009, 04:22 PM
it's spelled heroes not 'heros'.

974life
02-06-2009, 04:26 PM
It was a Big Game, This thread is dumb.

younggunn113
02-06-2009, 04:33 PM

First of all, this guy is a known Laker hater. They havent been good for the past 4 years, besides last year they've been average at best. Kobe fades in big games? How about those 3's he hit last night? How about the game against the Cavs? How about him single handily shutting down Dwayne Wade? The Celtics are a VERY good defensive ball club and Kobe had a hard time in the finals with them, thats it though. I wouldnt say he fades. The Spurs are going to be tough, but the Lakers handled them last year in the playoffs (granted Manu was injured) and beat them pretty easily earlier this year. The Lakers were rejoicing because they beat the "best" team in basketball last night without their starting center. When Bynum gets back itll make things much easier. With Bynum the Lakers are clearly the best team in the NBA.

Tony_Starks
02-06-2009, 04:37 PM

Wow I guess beating 3 teams that won over 50 games (sweeping one of them) on the way to the Finals is nothing memorable huh? SMH

Also you're downing the Lakers for celebrating last night so I guess you must've missed the Celtics floor celebration after they beat the lowly PHILADELPHIA 76'erS by 1point the other night right? Oh my bad, that was different.....

I'll let you get back to hating now

Missing56&33
02-06-2009, 04:39 PM
whats wrong with getting excited over a win? if anything it was a physiological victory, and if the Lakers and Celtics tie with the best record in the NBA the Lakers will get home court, that proved to be the difference last year for the Celtics.

But im with you I dont think they make it pass the Spurs this year. So let them celebrate their last victory vs Boston this year.

fairandbalanced
02-06-2009, 04:39 PM
First of all, this guy is a known Laker hater. They havent been good for the past 4 years, besides last year they've been average at best. Kobe fades in big games? How about those 3's he hit last night? How about the game against the Cavs? How about him single handily shutting down Dwayne Wade? The Celtics are a VERY good defensive ball club and Kobe had a hard time in the finals with them, thats it though. I wouldnt say he fades. The Spurs are going to be tough, but the Lakers handled them last year in the playoffs (granted Manu was injured) and beat them pretty easily earlier this year. The Lakers were rejoicing because they beat the "best" team in basketball last night without their starting center. When Bynum gets back itll make things much easier. With Bynum the Lakers are clearly the best team in the NBA.

Don't even go there............So dropping 29 on Kobe is a great defensive job? He shut down Kobe that day also. You barely beat Miami, the refs had a great impact in your win.

NYMetros
02-06-2009, 04:40 PM
It was a great win. They can celebrate as much as they want.

MJ-BULLS
02-06-2009, 04:47 PM
obviously it was a big win for them but they were over confident

KobeIs
02-06-2009, 04:47 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol ok, so there are very few things that i agree with u on but for the most part, total bs.

but it was a good laugh :clap:

Teeboy1487
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Your thread failed so bad. Epic Failure.

Hellcrooner
02-06-2009, 04:55 PM
whats wrong with pointing people that Gasol d is Underater, an his game itself is underated?

People went on his nuts accusing him of the defeat on the finals.

He has been the KEY player steeping it up greatly in Both wins against the celtics this year, including CLUTCH time.

carter15
02-06-2009, 05:03 PM

Yea, it still only counts as one win. I can't imagine what they would do if they did win it all.

cmon guys....it was a HUGE win for LA...not for standings...its not gonna determine the season...but to KNOW they can go INTO boston and win..which is the reason they lost last year..is a HUGE confidence booster for LA.

durtee
02-06-2009, 05:14 PM

x4

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
cmon guys....it was a HUGE win for LA...not for standings...its not gonna determine the season...but to KNOW they can go INTO boston and win..which is the reason they lost last year..is a HUGE confidence booster for LA.

u know, this brings up a great question: how much does physcology really play into the minds of professionals?

was it that important they win in Boston just so they feel like they can actually do it?

it is wat it is. a big game, but thats it 1 big game. celebration was a bit much for winning a regular season game.

i think the lakers are very mentally weak. it was proven yesterday. they showed physical toughness, but Kobe carried them when it got really tough and the rest coward away. i think physcology plays big time into the lakers' minds and thats why it is so big for them.

for the Celtics, it was a bigger than usual game, but still just one game. and if the Celtics start losing again, then they will also show mentall weakness.

madiaz3
02-06-2009, 05:19 PM

The fact that you believe that they have been "regular season heroes" for the past four years which include the Smush and Kwame years automatically invalidates any points (borderline trolling) you're trying to make. It's a lot easier for you to attempt to make a regular season accusation if you have more years to go on, but it doesn't make sense if they have only been doing it for half of last season and this current half, does it?

It's not even as if they beat Boston in the regular season last season then lost in the finals they did not even do that. Now this season they have won both matchups, one without their starting center. If I were the Lakers I would be happy because it will remove the conception that they are no longer capable of winning it all because Bynum went down. It was a win to be happy about, why do you care if they seemed a bit more happy than usual, did they SAY it was the most important thing or biggest win? I don't think so.

cambovenzi
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
it was a big game...

Hellcrooner
02-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Also you can never value how much getting in the mind of the other team or players can matter at the last stand.

example, Federer is an all around better player than Nadal but the later has been able to get into Feds Mind , result he never wins.

Lakers wining both games this season and being able to play tough is a good way of infering tht fear in Bostons minds.

bagwell368
02-06-2009, 05:25 PM

Celts didn't need the home court last year did they? why would they need it this year. Everything will be the same - "Kareem" Bynum will not get back.

Lakers are sky high after the fill in for Bynum routine. Soon enough the players who are getting more time will get exposed, the other players on the team will weary of the Kobe show, and the Lakers will win 62 or less games. Celts will win about 64.

Finals should feature the Celts and the Lakers, assuming the officials are decent , we'll get the same outcome as last year Pierce will swallow Kobe, and Allen who is much healthier this year will bomb from outside and KG will dominate inside, and the Series will be over in 6. Wham Bam

desertlakeshow
02-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Three minutes of my life gone. And how many braincells lost on this pointless thread. Sorry I opened it.

madiaz3
02-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Celts didn't need the home court last year did they? why would they need it this year.

They wouldn't have even gotten past the first round if they hadn't cared about their record. If not ATL, then Cleveland.

Hellcrooner
Celts didn't need the home court last year did they? why would they need it this year. Everything will be the same - "Kareem" Bynum will not get back.

Lakers are sky high after the fill in for Bynum routine. Soon enough the players who are getting more time will get exposed, the other players on the team will weary of the Kobe show, and the Lakers will win 62 or less games. Celts will win about 64.

Finals should feature the Celts and the Lakers, assuming the officials are decent , we'll get the same outcome as last year Pierce will swallow Kobe, and Allen who is much healthier this year will bomb from outside and KG will dominate inside, and the Series will be over in 6. Wham Bam

If Hitle wasnt so self confident and didnt send his troops to russia in the middle of the winter with basically not enough resources to fight cold he would have won the wwII.

Please go on being so confident pixies....

Gibby23

You hope he is, but he said he will be back in 7 or 8 weeks, it wasn't a full tear.

mlisica19
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Saying they have done nothing in the past 4 years is like saying the NE patriots have done nothing in the last few years. That is a horrible statement, The Lakers are the leagues best team now and were doing sum damage back in 2004 til now. NOT EVERY YEAR can one team always do GREAT. How r u upset that a team is cheering after beating the defending champs at home which is ONE OF THE MOST DIFFICULTY OF THINGS 2 DO. throughout an 82 game season that is probably the biggest thing they could have done. Just beating Boston in LA does not mean anything if they cannot do it anywhere else. They have provd the world now that they can take it all the way this year that this year they are the number one team. LAST YEAR THEY WERE NOT, BOSTON broke a season record because how dirty they played. Kobe doesnt fade in big games, hes jus alone. By himself u cant do it all, not even jordan did it. NOw he has help. ITS DONE, they are the best team in the NBA RIGHTNOW because of last night. There should be no doubts anymore. They have a top record, they beat everyone else. GOOD BYE

LARaiderfan11
02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
I have to disagree, when the Celtics made those 9-2 runs, the Lakers hung in there and battled back. Last year, those runs would have turned in 18-2 runs and they would have been blown out. They showed resilience, not to mention Kobe did not score in the OT, it was Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol making all the plays in overtime.

S.J.Basketball
02-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Wow I guess beating 3 teams that won over 50 games (sweeping one of them) on the way to the Finals is nothing memorable huh? SMH

Also you're downing the Lakers for celebrating last night so I guess you must've missed the Celtics floor celebration after they beat the lowly PHILADELPHIA 76'erS by 1point the other night right? Oh my bad, that was different.....

I'll let you get back to hating now

This post FTW!

op12
02-06-2009, 06:40 PM
la needed to win in boston to have the confidence to know they can do it. i personally dont like it when a title contender celebrates after beating anybody. i hate it when college fans rush the court when their team is #4 and they beat #1 or something like this. you should be happy and excited but if you act like you should get the win, that shows confidence and been there done that attitude. celebrate in the locker room and dont let the other team know. with that being said la is a title contender and should be happy with the win, but not show the celtics it is a big deal.

lakerboy
02-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Did he say past four years?

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Luke Walton was our third best player then!!!!!!!!!!!

RileyJ
02-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah I can't figure that out either. The Lakers were embarrased worse than any other team in finals history and they think a couple of regular season wins changes that? They still haven't proved they could beat the Celtics in the playoffs. The finals was Boston easiest series of the whole playoffs by far. I think the Celts bring it to a whole other level in the finals.

KeithLBC
02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Why are people allowed to make these threads that bait Lakers fans JB? If a Lakers fan created this thread saying something negative about the Celtics last night, it would be closed. Threads like this are a reason why Lakers fans have a chip on their shoulder towards everyone else.

The previous poster "John Starks" is absolutely correct in saying that the Celtics streaked down the court cheering like they had just won a playoff game less than two weeks ago against the Sixers. You didn't see anybody creating a STUPID thread like this asking why the Celtics are celebrating such a lowly win? Why shouldn't the Lakers celebrate after winning in Boston, in overtime?

aerion123
02-06-2009, 07:20 PM

I forgot evenif they have different records do they still have homecourt

Lakermania33
02-06-2009, 07:37 PM
They won in OT against the champs who beat them last year in Boston without their starting Center Bynum. I'd be pumped too.

Thread Starter really needs to change his name and also should try to learn what the hell he's even talking about.

Agreed. Let them celebrate. Ray Allen hit a 3 pointer against the 76ers and they all ran off the bench but the Lakers shouldn't celebrate against them?:mad: Ooh that's the fair and balanced part of it. This guy should change his name, I swear he's possessed. Read all his post, Lakers suck this, Lakers suck that. Damn like a fatal attraction. At least we know who poisoned Kobe at Sac town. lol.

younggunn113
02-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Don't even go there............So dropping 29 on Kobe is a great defensive job? He shut down Kobe that day also. You barely beat Miami, the refs had a great impact in your win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090112

Wade, whose services were needed to both initiate and finish for the Heat on offense, only reciprocated the star-guarding duties in the first half. He scored 27 points -- more than half while Bryant was out of the game -- and had nine assists.

Bryant took only one shot in the first quarter (a 3-pointer he made), while dishing off six assists. On defense he was up in Wade's jersey, forcing Wade to use every bit of his All-Star skills to get six points in the opening quarter. It wasn't a coincidence that Wade went on a mini-spree in the second quarter, checking into the game and scoring seven points in less than a minute while Bryant was on the bench. Bryant came back in and held Wade to two more points until halftime.

Wade was at it again in the fourth quarter, like a racer staying on the road to gain a lap while everyone else makes a pit stop, with another minute-long seven-point outburst in the fourth quarter while Bryant was out.

Indeed, once Bryant returned, Wade didn't score again in the final seven minutes. Wade turned into a setup man for Michael Beasley, finding him for an alley-oop, a 3-pointer and a jumper, part of a 16-point fourth quarter from Beasley that kept this game undecided until the final seconds.

I forgot how right you were about him not shutting down Wade. Fairandbalanced just makes threads like this to try and bait laker fans when he has no real intelligence of the game. He probably didnt even watch the game and is trying to make comments as if he was actually informed. Everybody would just be better off ignoring him. The celtics got outplayed by a better team and he has a hard time accepting that, which is fine.

geniuschrist
02-06-2009, 07:55 PM

Are u kidding me!
The celtics wouldve lost first round to the Hawks had they not had home court

josh81589
02-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Because they won a close game that went into overtime and anytime you win the game in overtime every team rejoices. its not uncommon

USMCLaker
02-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Laker fans no need to reply to this pointless thread he sounds like he is trying to compete with PhoenixSonsFan for biggest Laker hater douchebag just check out his other recently posted classless threads or not it's like arguing with ill mannered child.

fairandbalanced
02-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Laker fans no need to reply to this pointless thread he sounds like he is trying to compete with PhoenixSonsFan for biggest Laker hater douchebag just check out his other recently posted classless threads or not it's like arguing with ill mannered child.

They replied because everyone knows that I am fair and Balanced in my posts.

KeithLBC
02-06-2009, 08:39 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This thread= Epic Fail

madiaz3
02-06-2009, 08:43 PM

The fact that he responds to posts after ones that completely discredit his own shows that he's not in the business for actually caring about any validity in his posts.

USMCLaker
02-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Fair and Balanced really I don't see that in your recent two NBA forum threads.

soundjunkies2
02-06-2009, 08:48 PM

Lol your the same guy who compared kobe to michael redd.That doesnt sound fair and Balanced to me.

KeithLBC
02-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Fair and Balanced really I don't see that in your recent two NBA forum threads.

What's funny about this guy is with all the hate he brings towards the Lakers, he still comes into Lakers game threads with posts like this...

KOBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEE bRYANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT FOR mvp

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7987987

Yet, when he's out here in the NBA forum he tries to act cool by hating on Kobe :rolleyes:

USMCLaker
02-06-2009, 09:07 PM
What's funny about this guy is with all the hate he brings towards the Lakers, he still comes into Lakers game threads with posts like this...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7987987

Yet, when he's out here in the NBA forum he tries to act cool by hating on Kobe :rolleyes:

Then I guess by "Fair & Balanced" he means he wants to fairly rip on the Lakers after he praises them for the obvious (maybe it's a self-hate kind of thing).

leftymo
02-06-2009, 09:23 PM
The Lakers have every right to be happy about the win. Playing on a second night of a back to back, with the defending champs trying to defend their home court. LA never played Boston this year with all their guys. It's LA's turn to win the best record in the NBA, and sweep Boston in the regular season (it was Boston last year). They haven't won anything yet. But the key word is yet.

ARMIN12NBA
02-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Why were the Lakers rejoicing after beating the Celtics? It was a great game, very competitive and I think their aggressiveness matched the Celtics toughness.

Because they won the game. Nothing wrong with that.

I mean, KG goes berserk after every single play and Eddie House practically jizzes in his pants after every three he makes.

The Lakers celebrating an actual huge win, which both teams admittedly said was very important, is OK.

ARMIN12NBA
02-06-2009, 09:27 PM

If I'm not mistaken, they won a game...

Greaser1
02-06-2009, 09:36 PM

WHAT?????? Without HCA they dont win the Ship last year Please get these trolls outta here!

Double Dos
02-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Look the lakers won great i love that they celebrated they have the best record for a few days until they loose to cleveland on sunday they beat the celtics without bynum great if you are betting on Bynum to be shaq and bring you a ring good luck he is kinda like a 35 year old shaq they both dont play in the regular season bynum will always be hurt some teamate will fall on him and its over again lakers wont get the best record cuz they have to play the west and the west is tougher down the stretch because all the teams are in the palyoff hunt in the east its a battle between cleveland and boston to see who gets home court advantage And for the record the reason boston got homecourt against LA last year Boston Was 66-16 LA was 57-25

G-Funk
02-06-2009, 09:40 PM

Because "It was a great game, very competitive and I think their aggressiveness matched the Celtics toughness."

USMCLaker
02-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Look the lakers won great i love that they celebrated they have the best record for a few days until they loose to cleveland on sunday they beat the celtics without bynum great if you are betting on Bynum to be shaq and bring you a ring good luck he is kinda like a 35 year old shaq they both dont play in the regular season bynum will always be hurt some teamate will fall on him and its over again lakers wont get the best record cuz they have to play the west and the west is tougher down the stretch because all the teams are in the palyoff hunt in the east its a battle between cleveland and boston to see who gets home court advantage And for the record the reason boston got homecourt against LA last year Boston Was 66-16 LA was 57-25

:yawn:

G-Funk
02-06-2009, 09:46 PM
When was the last time the Blazers went to the the finals?

I hate ppl who like pointing fingers but what they don't realize is that they have four fingers pointing back at em.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Should I have started a thread asking why the Celtics celebrated like this after wins over these lowly teams?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC7cpeAqL94

Or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzlSsWnZxt0

Or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ehEGRIKDTA

Or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov_4fI7IY3g

Seems like they were pretty excited to beat sub 500 teams. Why not make a thread about that?

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2009, 10:03 PM

Wow, your third post on this site and your already climbing at the top of the Moron list, impressive

Double Dos
02-06-2009, 10:04 PM
This is why lakers fans are mad Look at the FACTS

All-time series 40–27 Celtics (NBA Finals only)
Postseason results

* 1959 Finals, BOS win 4–0
* 1962 Finals, BOS win 4–3
* 1963 Finals, BOS win 4–2
* 1965 Finals, BOS win 4–1
* 1966 Finals, BOS win 4–3
* 1968 Finals, BOS win 4–2
* 1969 Finals, BOS win 4–3
* 1984 Finals, BOS win 4–3
* 1985 Finals, LAL win 4–2
* 1987 Finals, LAL win 4–2
* 2008 Finals, BOS win 4–2

Double Dos
02-06-2009, 10:07 PM
As you can see dodgers laker fan know has to talk about number of posts He has more post than me you loose Celts better hhhhaaaahhaaa cant talk lakers

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2009, 10:12 PM
As you can see dodgers laker fan know has to talk about number of posts He has more post than me you loose Celts better hhhhaaaahhaaa cant talk lakers

It has nothing to do with how many post I have vs how many you have. I'm just pointing out the obvious fact that you are here to do nothing but bait. You have not made one post without trying to bait a Laker fan. You could have posted 10,000 times. With a post like the one I quoted you on, you sound like a little kid who gets picked on at school and needs to get on the computer to pump up your self esteem. Parents not hug you enough?

Double Dos
02-06-2009, 10:18 PM
no whats a hug, but if you had any facts we would have a battle but we dont i'm just layin down the facts i hope the celtics dont make the finals cuz then the laker fan has no redemption from last year

PRETTY BIRD!
02-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Lakers were'nt exactly celebrating.....they were pump up after beating the celtics in their own home....the lakers were underman obviously without bynum, and they wen't in there and got a tough win.....the lakers are playing with an agenda this year and the only way they'll get redemption is by winning the nba title..and they won't lose sight of that!!!!

NYMetros
02-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Lakers were'nt exactly celebrating.....they were pump up after beating the celtics in their own home....the lakers were underman obviously without bynum, and they wen't in there and got a tough win.....the lakers are playing with an agenda this year and the only way they'll get redemption is by winning the nba title..and they won't lose sight of that!!!!

Agreed. People knit-pick way too much. The Celtics celebrated when they beat the 76ers a couple days ago. No one is criticizing them for over celebrating.

And I think Wilbon said on PTI today that they have the 'Boston Celtics' written on a white board in their locker room or something like that? That is determination.

nastylikedwade
02-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Really? As pointless as the tread "gasoft?" If people make treads trying to praise the Lakers, there should be an alternative because that team is as weak as sugarcane stem.

LOL, preach on Bro., the lakers are a pretender, they aint nothing. Its obvious Kobe is in the NBA for individual accolades. Lebron and Wade are way better than "that one" playing for the LA suckers!!!! nuff said.

nastylikedwade
02-06-2009, 10:50 PM
It's simple, they won in Boston without their starting center. It was a big game, finals rematch, a rival, and Boston is cocky as hell...Good win LA

Why would you say the celtics are cocky, they have a swagger to em', they are not cocky. Get it right.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2009, 10:50 PM
LOL, preach on Bro., the lakers are a pretender, they aint nothing. Its obvious Kobe is in the NBA for individual accolades. Lebron and Wade are way better than "that one" playing for the LA suckers!!!! nuff said.

:laugh2: If the Lakers are a pretender, than the Heat are a D league team with a cool mascot in Wade

ink
02-06-2009, 10:51 PM
It has nothing to do with how many post I have vs how many you have. I'm just pointing out the obvious fact that you are here to do nothing but bait. You have not made one post without trying to bait a Laker fan. You could have posted 10,000 times. With a post like the one I quoted you on, you sound like a little kid who gets picked on at school and needs to get on the computer to pump up your self esteem. Parents not hug you enough?

Just report the guy. Otherwise I have to give you an infraction for insulting him. It's not worth it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Just report the guy. Otherwise I have to give you an infraction for insulting him. It's not worth it.

Okay sorry, I'm going to have to leave now. The abundance of baiting has been really excessive today.

fairandbalanced
02-06-2009, 10:54 PM
:laugh2: If the Lakers are a pretender, than the Heat are a D league team with a cool mascot in Wade

Talking about D League talents, didn't the Lakers sign Kwame Brown to a contract?.............not long ago. If it wasn't for the grizzles gift, you will be as good as the Knicks.

nastylikedwade
02-06-2009, 10:55 PM

So?? My team of D league Mascots would demolish the LA suckers. At least the Miami heat Mascots ain't fake and pretending like the scalliwags in LA!!! :)

Phitin' Phan

It wasn't like the won a normal regular season game. They are playing the best team in the league and you win on a game ending defensive stand in OT. Its not that weird to be pumped about that. Lots of teams do that, a game ending defensive stand/blocked shot is almost like a buzzer beater.

The Sixers celebrated even more the other day when Dalembert blocked T-Macs 3 at the end of the game. They are just celebrating a big play at the end of a game in a big rivalry game.

ink
Okay sorry, I'm going to have to leave now. The abundance of baiting has been really excessive today.

Sore losers. People need to give credit where it's due.

nastylikedwade
02-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Talking about D League talents, didn't the Lakers sign Kwame Brown to a contract?.............not long ago. If it wasn't for the grizzles gift, you will be as good as the Knicks.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

fairandbalanced
02-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Sore losers. People need to give credit where it's due.

LOL.....remember how Wade is still not credited for his 06 performance? Well, it goes both ways.

ink
02-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Closed.