PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers says the game was too chippy

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM
"Listen, I thought in the third and fourth quarter, the game got out of control," Celtics Coach Doc Rivers said. "And I thought the officials allowed it to get out of control. . . . I just thought it was a chippy game in the second half and it didn't need to be."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-celtics6-2009feb06,0,1716659.story

HOZ THE KNICK
02-06-2009, 11:27 AM
**** what doc rivers have to say.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Is he serious? It's ok if his team is doing it, but if the other team hit's back it's too much.

Quit crying Doc..

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 11:56 AM
What was the point of this thread other than for you to complain? Maybe you should quit crying about it.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 12:01 PM
What was the point of this thread other than for you to complain? Maybe you should quit crying about it.

The point is that the Celt's always play this way, but now Doc is crying because the other team didn't back down. He wouldn't have said that if the Celts won the game.

Testaverde16
02-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Doc whines a lot.... doesn't really surprise me, but he really *****es about everything.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 12:03 PM
The point is that the Celt's always play this way, but now Doc is crying because the other team didn't back down. He wouldn't have said that if the Celts won the game.

Unless you are Doc then you don't know what he would of said. I just don't see the point of this thread, um ok, you hate Doc. Now what?

Skylander14
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
lol no one listen to Frrrank hes just another beantown baby all hurt about celtics having a team not back down from their bully tactics...like that Odom but slap KG got pissed about it and Odom didnt back down...Celtics dont have that championship feel anymore they are over confident and will probably not make it to the finals

still1ballin
02-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Too chippy? Please it was playoff atmosphere and the refs were letting them play. I thought the Celtics are known to play physical? The Lakers just matched it. Stop crying you greesy doc.

Rome
02-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Good D Fish. Let him cry.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 12:16 PM
lol no one listen to Frrrank hes just another beantown baby all hurt about celtics having a team not back down from their bully tactics...like that Odom but slap KG got pissed about it and Odom didnt back down...Celtics dont have that championship feel anymore they are over confident and will probably not make it to the finals

:rolleyes:More of your kind pop up everyday, it's sad. This thread is pointless and you know it, well, I hope you do. This is no different than me starting a thread saying I hate Kobe. What is the point of this besides a way for Laker fans like you to come in and spew your crap?

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
:rolleyes:More of your kind pop up everyday, it's sad. This thread is pointless and you know it, well, I hope you do. This is no different than me starting a thread saying I hate Kobe. What is the point of this besides a way for Laker fans like you to come in and spew your crap?

How is it pointless. Didn't Doc build this team to be chippy? Don't the Celts always play like that? The push teams around all the time, but it is worth a thread if he starts crying when the other team is doing the same thing that he is teaching his team.

Hellcrooner
02-06-2009, 12:45 PM
yeah he got spoiled and thought refs would always be on their side like during the WHoLE finals were.

Dont worry , sure mr Stern DoES not want kobe to get the title, theyll come back to your lap in the finals again.

Toronto_Fan
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Now THAT'S basketball my friends.
I wish every game was called that way.

lakersrock
02-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Maybe if they'd call your damn team for moving screens and shoving people in the back, it wouldn't get chippy. If you didn't know, Odom gave KG a butt pat and he had to ACT all big and bad and stand up to him with three guys there to keep Odom off of him. I guess you missed Rondo shove Kobe too. So tell me again, why did it get so chippy? You were happy with the officials in the first half because none of the Lakers got back in your punks faces. In the second half they did and now it's the refs fault. One last thing to point out the fact you're a moron. You were mad when they called Perkins for shoving Gasol in the back when he was really getting bad and now you're mad they didn't do anything. What a douche.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 01:16 PM
How is it pointless. Didn't Doc build this team to be chippy? Don't the Celts always play like that? The push teams around all the time, but it is worth a thread if he starts crying when the other team is doing the same thing that he is teaching his team.

Doc isn't the Gm just to let you know, so he didn't build this team. I wouldn't really say he was "crying" about it, he gave his opinion on how the refs did. And they did suck. Again so what? What is your point? So you don't like what Doc said, but is it really thread worthy?

mfb_lt1birdman
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
:cry: me a f'n river doc!

See you in the finals!

GO LAKERS!

thedfactor
02-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Doc Rivers is a kunt. Had the Celtics hit the game winner he wouldn't have mentioned it unless a reporter asked him and he woulda said something along "Our guys love these types of games." BS Doc is just a sore loser, chippy game?? Really, wow.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
The post above is evidence all this is is a "I hate Doc thread". Which IS pointless.

JAZZNC
02-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Doc isn't the Gm just to let you know, so he didn't build this team. I wouldn't really say he was "crying" about it, he gave his opinion on how the refs did. And they did suck. Again so what? What is your point? So you don't like what Doc said, but is it really thread worthy?

How exactly did the refs suck? I'm a neutral party and this is thread worthy. If you say the game got chippy and the Celtics play a physical style of ball themselves then it's kind of oxymoronic. Have you ever heard Jerry Sloan talk about a game getting "chippy"? No b/c he knows that's how his team plays and if another team brings it then all the better.

Twistedheat
02-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Thats the way b-ball should be played, rough and physical especially between those two teams...

PHX-SOXFAN
02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
yeah he got spoiled and thought refs would always be on their side like during the WHoLE finals were.

Dont worry , sure mr Stern DoES not want kobe to get the title, theyll come back to your lap in the finals again.

what? how did the refs lead to the blowouts? I don't see how a ref makes a difference in a box score like I have in my sig?:confused:

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 01:31 PM
How exactly did the refs suck? I'm a neutral party and this is thread worthy. If you say the game got chippy and the Celtics play a physical style of ball themselves then it's kind of oxymoronic. Have you ever heard Jerry Sloan talk about a game getting "chippy"? No b/c he knows that's how his team plays and if another team brings it then all the better.

I thought the refs sucked because they were inconsistant. They were letting them play for a bit and then all of a sudden breathing on players was a foul. It went both ways. The C's play a physical game, but usually it isn't as physical as last night. Which is why I can see him saying what he did.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I thought the refs sucked because they were inconsistant. They were letting them play for a bit and then all of a sudden breathing on players was a foul. It went both ways. The C's play a physical game, but usually it isn't as physical as last night. Which is why I can see him saying what he did.

It isn't usually physical as last night because usually the other team doesn't push back, but last night the other team reacted.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 01:39 PM
the retardedness of this thread is high

doc complains so u complain. awesome

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 01:41 PM
the retardedness of this thread is high

doc complains so u complain. awesome

I made the thread because last night the Lakers played the way the Celtics play, and it looks like Doc is upset at the refs for letting the Lakers play that way.

L@ker4Life
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
The point is that Doc is a hypocrite. He wants to play physical but blames the ref when the opponents team is equally physical?

I did agree that the reffing was kinda F'd up. They would let them play physical then call a pansy foul, but it went both ways for each team. It was a great game and the Lakers just did this year what Boston did last year and that is sweep in the regular season. Now its all about if we see eachother in the finals. Best of luck to both teams....I think it would be an injustice to all NBA fans if these teams dont meet in the finals.

durtee
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
LOL at Celtic fans crying about the complaining after Doc cries about the officiating..which was completely fine IMO. Hypocrisy must be the norm in Boston

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 01:45 PM
LOL at Celtic fans crying about the complaining after Doc cries about the officiating..which was completely fine IMO. Hypocrisy must be the norm in Boston

Dumb posts your norm?

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Dumb posts your norm?

I thought Norm was in some bar in Boston.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 01:49 PM
It isn't usually physical as last night because usually the other team doesn't push back, but last night the other team reacted.

And the refs should of cleaned it up. Obviously it isn't going to get as chippy if one team rolls over so when the Lakers answered he wanted it to be cleaned up. The C's don't usually push guys and get in faces, sure it happens every once in a while but it happened more last night because the refs let it, that is all he is saying.

Hellcrooner
02-06-2009, 01:50 PM
how did refs lead to the blowouts?

there was a game with 30 something ft fot celts and 6 ft for the lakers .....

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 01:51 PM
how did refs lead to the blowouts?

there was a game with 30 something ft fot celts and 6 ft for the lakers .....

The Lakers were a soft jump shooting team, that could lead to the difference in numbers.

FaceDown91
02-06-2009, 01:52 PM
im not a fan of either of these teams but i think this thread is poiintless as well but not because of the OP, because of how these laker and celtics fans are arguing about. (well when i say celtics im saying frrank since he looks like the only celtic fan in this thread lol)

What i mean is, Laker fans are arguing that doc is complaining that he thinks no team should be as physical as boston and the celtic fans are arguing that doc complaining and other ppl complainning about THAT is pointless.

Now im confusing myself? lol

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 01:55 PM
im not a fan of either of these teams but i think this thread is poiintless as well but not because of the OP, because of how these laker and celtics fans are arguing about. (well when i say celtics im saying frrank since he looks like the only celtic fan in this thread lol)

What i mean is, Laker fans are arguing that doc is complaining that he thinks no team should be as physical as boston and the celtic fans are arguing that doc complaining and other ppl complainning about THAT is pointless.

Now im confusing myself? lol

Funny how Laker fans like to say the C's have so many bandwagon fans when there is a big difference in numbers. But anyways I just think it is pointless to start a thread to complain about how you don't like Doc.

I mean I don't like Jackson and his wise *** additude but should I start a thread and complain about what he says? No.

durtee
02-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Dumb posts your norm?

Thanks for proving my point

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks for proving my point

Was your point you don't know what you are talking about, cause you proved that along time ago.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 02:05 PM
I made the thread because last night the Lakers played the way the Celtics play, and it looks like Doc is upset at the refs for letting the Lakers play that way.

as fans of the game, we need to stop complaining about refs.

they suck. we know that. i been watching sports for 12 years. i got it by now.

chippy isnt physcial. chippy is pushing after the play is over. physical is playing rough in the paint.

idk, im the wrong guy to talk to if u want a rise out of me about the Celtics. last night was awesome. i wanted a different ending, but it was still fun. idc about refs. im just thrilled the Celtics are back and are title contenders.

last night was just another regular season, but a lot more fun.

refs blow. they just do. i dont think they are fixing games any more. i think they just suck at their job.

u agree?

durtee
02-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Was your point you don't know what you are talking about, cause you proved that along time ago.

Good one!! I have included my original post again below so that you can read over it a few times.

Originally Posted by durtee View Post

Also if this thread is so stupid and pointless as you claim,then why do you continue to post the same thing over and over. Is it because I was right about your hypocrisy?

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Funny how Laker fans like to say the C's have so many bandwagon fans when there is a big difference in numbers. But anyways I just think it is pointless to start a thread to complain about how you don't like Doc.

I mean I don't like Jackson and his wise *** additude but should I start a thread and complain about what he says? No.

dont get me started on jackson AKA the opportunist. i could be a great coach to with MJ, Pippin, Kobe, and Shaq. i got very little respect for him. highly overated and no where near Red.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Good one!! I have included my original post again below so that you can read over it a few times.

Also if this thread is so stupid and pointless as you claim,then why do you continue to post the same thing over and over. Is it because I was right about your hypocrisy?

It is because you are ignorant about sports, you haven't added anything insightful to this, all you have done is bash people.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:10 PM
dont get me started on jackson AKA the opportunist. i could be a great coach to with MJ, Pippin, Kobe, and Shaq. i got very little respect for him. highly overated and no where near Red.

:hi5:

durtee
02-06-2009, 02:12 PM
It is because you are ignorant about sports, you haven't added anything insightful to this, all you have done is bash people.

Just pointing out the obvious. Now you are crying about me pointing out the obvious...lol at your whole defense and hypocrisy. Also please provide a link to anything of substance that you have said.

:horse::horse:

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Just pointing out the obvious. Now you are crying about me pointing out the obvious...lol at your whole defense and hypocrisy. Also please provide a link to anything of substance that you have said.

:horse::horse:

You can't really play this crying game, what are you doing right now? Complaining about me complaining, so are you in fault? Again all you have done is try and bash people from Boston so because you refuse to offer anything insightful I'm done with you.

durtee
02-06-2009, 02:15 PM

No question. Phil is a good coach, but has to be the most overrated coach ever. No coach has had more talent to work with then he has. 3 players that are probably in the top 5 ever. I definitely consider Red to be a much better coach then Phil, but lets not act like Red won championships with a bunch of scrubs...he had some pretty amazing talent as well.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:16 PM
No question. Phil is a good coach, but has to be the most overrated coach ever. No coach has had more talent to work with then he has. 3 players that are probably in the top 5 ever. I definitely consider Red to be a much better coach then Phil, but lets not act like Red won championships with a bunch of scrubs...he had some pretty amazing talent as well.

Is that basketball knowledge?:confused: I'm impressed.

durtee
02-06-2009, 02:16 PM
You can't really play this crying game, what are you doing right now? Complaining about me complaining, so are you in fault? Again all you have done is try and bash people from Boston so because you refuse to offer anything insightful I'm done with you.

I am not crying...I am laughing...that is what LOL means...so again you are just digging yourself a whole. Maybe you should try another thread.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:18 PM
I am not crying...I am laughing...that is what LOL means...so again you are just digging yourself a whole. Maybe you should try another thread.

What have you been doing this whole time? Complaining about Boston. End of story.

GodsSon
02-06-2009, 02:21 PM
What have you been doing this whole time? Complaining about Boston. End of story.

If the thread is pointless why do you keep posting in it adamantly saying its pointless? lol

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:23 PM
If the thread is pointless why do you keep posting in it adamantly saying its pointless? lol

Trying to make people realize that randomly *****ing about stuff is ********. If every fan made a thread about a player/coach they hate wouldn't that be dumb?

durtee
02-06-2009, 02:24 PM

hypocrisy and....:horse::horse:

GodsSon
02-06-2009, 02:25 PM
yes...but if you feel they're all pointless then you have the discretion to not enter them and further complain about how they're pointless...right?

durtee
02-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Trying to make people realize that randomly *****ing about stuff is ********. If every fan made a thread about a player/coach they hate wouldn't that be dumb?

Your right it would be dumb to start a thread for no reason or to start a thread just to bash a coach/player/team, but I am not sure how you think that is what this is. The poster posted the quote from Doc about the officiating and then everyone began to discuss...that is what a forum is.

Rudebeggar
02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Will you people actually watch a game and not be bias..the calls were bad for both teams but the Celtics got the shaft on some in critical moments. The refs let the Lakers do a lot of arm hacking and not the Celtics. If Paul Pierce would have let Rondo dribble the ball down the stretch ,the calls wouldn't have made a difference. C'mon Lakers fans,you do have a lot to be proud of. But I will say that the Lakers along with the Cav's,Magic and the Hornets are the NBA darlings.Maybe the Celtics can get a player like Brad Miller for a bag of jock straps,kind of like what the Lakers gave up for Gasol.
Sometimes I wonder if Vince McMahon from Wrestling is running the NBA.Because it is fixed GOOF !!!

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Your right it would be dumb to start a thread for no reason or to start a thread just to bash a coach/player/team, but I am not sure how you think that is what this is. The poster posted the quote from Doc about the officiating and then everyone began to discuss...that is what a forum is.

The poster came back with this...

"Is he serious? It's ok if his team is doing it, but if the other team hit's back it's too much.

Quit crying Doc.."

Then it turned into people saying he is a ****, so how is that not bashing. The starter of the thread has shown time and time again he just rips anything Celtics, atleast from what I have seen.

durtee
02-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Will you people actually watch a game and not be bias..the calls were bad for both teams but the Celtics got the shaft on some in critical moments. The refs let the Lakers do a lot of arm hacking and not the Celtics. If Paul Pierce would have let Rondo dribble the ball down the stretch ,the calls wouldn't have made a difference. C'mon Lakers fans,you do have a lot to be proud of. But I will say that the Lakers along with the Cav's,Magic and the Hornets are the NBA darlings.Maybe the Celtics can get a player like Brad Miller for a bag of jock straps,kind of like what the Lakers gave up for Gasol.
Sometimes I wonder if Vince McMahon from Wrestling is running the NBA.Because it is fixed GOOF !!!

Well it's no secret that I hate the Lakers and the Celtics, but I enjoy watching those guys play each other. I watched the majority of that game and I really didn't think that the refs were that bad. I have seen much worse from them this season. The NBA is by far the hardest sport to officiate, so I give them a few passes every game. I guess if I was rooting for one team or another, then I might have seen things differently, but last night just looked like a physical NBA game to me.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 02:38 PM
The poster came back with this...

"Is he serious? It's ok if his team is doing it, but if the other team hit's back it's too much.

Quit crying Doc.."

Then it turned into people saying he is a ****, so how is that not bashing. The starter of the thread has shown time and time again he just rips anything Celtics, atleast from what I have seen.

Doc wasn't being true to what his team does, so I made a thread. Yes I hate the Celts. And?

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Doc wasn't being true to what his team does, so I made a thread. Yes I hate the Celts. And?

I don't start making threads bashing Jackson. I could but I don't.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I don't start making threads bashing Jackson. I could but I don't.

Because when the Lakers lose Jackson always puts the blame on his team. He might say something about the refs, but still puts it on the players.

da wood
02-06-2009, 02:50 PM
the thread does have a point because the cletics do try to bully people kg gets in peoples face all the time, but the lakers weren't having it last night. ys boy doc could understand how it could be. kind of like roy jones getting knocked out for the first time you just don't believe what you just saw. but doc have to realize that teams aren't afraid of the celtics anymore teams know they are not that big and they are not having it.

Rudebeggar
02-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Phil Jackson is a Smarmy jerk. Red was right by saying Jackson picks his spots. He never came in from the ground floor. he took a team from Doug Collins in Chicago and from Del harris in L.A. Do you really think Phil would take a job for a mediocre team like Larry Brown did or Doc

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Because when the Lakers lose Jackson always puts the blame on his team. He might say something about the refs, but still puts it on the players.

Game two of the finals, all I remember in the post game was him purposly insulting Leon.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Game two of the finals, all I remember in the post game was him purposly insulting Leon.

And?

S.J.Basketball
02-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Wow. Frank if you don't like a thread don't post in it. Simple as that. If people want to discuss something that you think isn't thread worthy that's too damn bad. Move onto the next thread and surgically remove Doc's member from your mouth please. Thank you.

Anyways....why is Doc crying anyhow? His team is known for being pricks and using bully tactics. What a douche to even dare complain about the refs for letting it get out of control.

S.J.Basketball
02-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Phil Jackson is a Smarmy jerk. Red was right by saying Jackson picks his spots. He never came in from the ground floor. he took a team from Doug Collins in Chicago and from Del harris in L.A. Do you really think Phil would take a job for a mediocre team like Larry Brown did or Doc

Lakers didn't win before Phil was there and neither did the Bulls. What's your point?

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow. Frank if you don't like a thread don't post in it. Simple as that. If people want to discuss something that you think isn't thread worthy that's too damn bad. Move onto the next thread and surgically remove Doc's member from your mouth please. Thank you.

Anyways....why is Doc crying anyhow? His team is known for being pricks and using bully tactics. What a douche to even dare complain about the refs for letting it get out of control.

So if I made a thread saying Jackson is an arragant dick who is a product of his players you wouldn't post in it at all?:eyebrow:

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 02:58 PM
And?

So where is the thread calling him a dick and telling him to stop crying? I'm gonna bet you never made one.

durtee
02-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Lakers didn't win before Phil was there and neither did the Bulls. What's your point?

Just for the record, the bulls made the playoffs all three years that Collins was there and won 50 games 1 year.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 03:01 PM
So where is the thread calling him a dick and telling him to stop crying? I'm gonna bet you never made one.

Come on Frank, it's ok.

bostncelts34
02-06-2009, 03:02 PM
i actually thought alot of ticky tack fouls were called both ways.

Garnetts 6th foul was ridiculous, gasol got nailed in the head one time, and that didnt get called. There were SO many uncalled plays, and WAY to many ticky tack fouls called.
I dont think it was a well officated game at all. But thats not why boston lost. They turned the ball over too much and Paul missed a couple key ft's down the stretch. Nevermind the 4th qtr. and overtime last second plays that we ran, horrible.

JAZZNC
02-06-2009, 03:03 PM
as fans of the game, we need to stop complaining about refs.

they suck. we know that. i been watching sports for 12 years. i got it by now.

chippy isnt physcial. chippy is pushing after the play is over. physical is playing rough in the paint.

idk, im the wrong guy to talk to if u want a rise out of me about the Celtics. last night was awesome. i wanted a different ending, but it was still fun. idc about refs. im just thrilled the Celtics are back and are title contenders.

last night was just another regular season, but a lot more fun.

refs blow. they just do. i dont think they are fixing games any more. i think they just suck at their job.

u agree?

I disagree completely. There are 3 guys having to watch what 10 guys on the court and the guys on the bench are doing at all times. They are going to miss calls and make some questionable calls but that's part of the game. Human error.

The players don't make every stop, every shot, get every rebound, make a perfect pass every time and nobody *****es about that. Refs aren't going to get it right 100% of the time so just lay off of them and let them do their job. I'd love to see you or anybody else who *****es about the refs even come close to doing what those guys do, you'd be a laughing stock.

bostncelts34
02-06-2009, 03:04 PM
and another thing..why do like 3 of you lakers fans have the picture of kobe pointing his finger at rondo. He got *****ed by rondo, rondo pushed him and he points his finger lol.

S.J.Basketball
02-06-2009, 03:05 PM
So if I made a thread saying Jackson is an arragant dick who is a product of his players you wouldn't post in it at all?:eyebrow:

Sure I would. I wouldn't question why it's thread worthy though because this is a forum where people can talk about what they want. Period.

Frrrrank!!!
02-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Come on Frank, it's ok.

From that response I'm gonna assume you got nothing more to say. Been fun proving you wrong. Cya.:)

nd4T.O.
02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
allen pulled rondo out of harms way real quick he knew he would get ****ed up

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
i actually thought alot of ticky tack fouls were called both ways.

Garnetts 6th foul was ridiculous, gasol got nailed in the head one time, and that didnt get called. There were SO many uncalled plays, and WAY to many ticky tack fouls called.
I dont think it was a well officated game at all. But thats not why boston lost. They turned the ball over too much and Paul missed a couple key ft's down the stretch. Nevermind the 4th qtr. and overtime last second plays that we ran, horrible.

Do you stand by playing Davis instead of Powe at the end of the 4th and OT? I would have also put House in instead of Rondo at some point of the OT because the Lakers were sagging off Rondo and letting him shoot, and with House they can't do that.

S.J.Basketball
02-06-2009, 03:07 PM
and another thing..why do like 3 of you lakers fans have the picture of kobe pointing his finger at rondo. He got *****ed by rondo, rondo pushed him and he points his finger lol.

Rondo didn't do anything. He looked like the school sissy trying to act tough. Kobe basically pointed at him while Ray Allen was making sure Rondo was okay and put his arms around him like a protective mother..., not even to hold him back, but it looked like they were snuggling standing up.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 03:08 PM
From that response I'm gonna assume you got nothing more to say. Been fun proving you wrong. Cya.:)

You just said the same thing over and over again. I still stand by what I said about Doc.

You also said this doesn't need to be a thread, but you have the most posts in this thread.;)

Kabowdos
02-06-2009, 03:12 PM
It is in the books, who cares.GO LA.

bostncelts34
02-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Do you stand by playing Davis instead of Powe at the end of the 4th and OT? I would have also put House in instead of Rondo at some point of the OT because the Lakers were sagging off Rondo and letting him shoot, and with House they can't do that.

completely agree. Powe was having a great physical game down low. why put davis in? then davis got too confident in his jumper and that costed us. Same with house, great game..bring him in ..spread the floor.

bostncelts34
02-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Rondo didn't do anything. He looked like the school sissy trying to act tough. Kobe basically pointed at him while Ray Allen was making sure Rondo was okay and put his arms around him like a protective mother..., not even to hold him back, but it looked like they were snuggling standing up.

lol yea, cause no other team mates ever stick up for their PG:eyebrow:

and on a side note..how come no one made a thread about KG picking on someone his own size with odom? how come its only made when its someone smaller? I guess we should make one about kobe taunting rondo with his finger right? since rondos smaller.:eyebrow:

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 03:21 PM

and on a side note..how come no one made a thread about KG picking on someone his own size with odom? how come its only made when its someone smaller? I guess we should make one about kobe taunting rondo with his finger right? since rondos smaller.:eyebrow:

Rondo pushed Kobe first.:rolleyes:

S.J.Basketball
02-06-2009, 03:23 PM

Try using logic before you post and you might see what's wrong with this.

NYMetros
02-06-2009, 03:26 PM

...And you would be complaining about it if your team lost the game.

magichatnumber9
02-06-2009, 03:27 PM

The Celtics had this game well in control untill they lost there cool. Lakers kept there cool and won the game. I think this game will be a good learning tool for this team.

BRADY4MVP
02-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Thats the way b-ball should be played, rough and physical especially between those two teams...

i completely agree....like someone else said it was "Playoff Atmosphere"

but it is hilarious how many people are in here talking crap to doc

and if this were the other way around most of you would calling KG a wuss and that he picks on people and blah blah blah....

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 03:32 PM
...And you would be complaining about it if your team lost the game.

No. I don't complain, I just hope we can win the next one. If the Lakers lose they lose. I don't come up with things that made them lose, I just hope they come back and beat them next time.

Maybe you would complain, but I wouldn't.;)

YankeeFan89
02-06-2009, 03:32 PM
who cares?

nd4T.O.
02-06-2009, 03:38 PM
its over LA won can we drop it and focus on the cavs

NYMetros
02-06-2009, 03:40 PM
No. I don't complain, I just hope we can win the next one. If the Lakers lose they lose. I don't come up with things that made them lose, I just hope they come back and beat them next time.

Maybe you would complain, but I wouldn't.;)

So you're just going to assume that Doc was crying about it?

It was a fact that the game was poorly officiated. These weren't experienced refs we were dealing with.

And you are allowed to get mad at the refs when clearly the game wasn't being called the correct way.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 03:43 PM
So you're just going to assume that Doc was crying about it?

It was a fact that the game was poorly officiated. These weren't experienced refs we were dealing with.

If you read what I said, I didn't say anything about that. Im just saying he is upset because the Lakers were playing the way the Celtics play and he is upset about it. If you watched the game, it was Celtic style of b ball and the Lakers beat them at it, and now doc says it was out of hand.

You are not qualified to judge if an NBA ref is experienced or not, because you can't do better.

NYMetros
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
If you read what I said, I didn't say anything about that. Im just saying he is upset because the Lakers were playing the way the Celtics play and he is upset about it. If you watched the game, it was Celtic style of b ball and the Lakers beat them at it, and now doc says it was out of hand.

Celtic style of ball? Not at all. The Celtics style is a game that isn't taken completely into control of the refs. Obviously the tensions were a little high this game, which is why I don't agree with Doc. The refs did do their best to control the game, they called an immense amount of fouls.

The only way they could control it is by starting to eject people. And that is simply not happening in a game of this magnitude.

Why does it matter to you?

Because I'm a basketball fan...?

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Celtic style of ball? Not at all. The Celtics style is a game that isn't taken completely into control of the refs. Obviously the tensions were a little high this game, which is why I don't agree with Doc. The refs did do their best to control the game, they called an immense amount of fouls.

The only way they could control it is by starting to eject people. And that is simply not happening in a game of this magnitude.

Because I'm a basketball fan...?
Why would they eject anyone? No player on either team did anything close to getting ejected, it doesn't matter how big the game was, there just wasn't any cause for ejection.

MJ-BULLS
02-06-2009, 03:57 PM
doc rivers is crazy u gotta let the players finish the game out

ratatat
02-06-2009, 04:28 PM

i would love for you to make a thread like that. youll get bashed more than you are now

Missing56&33
02-06-2009, 04:30 PM
stop crying doc

KobeIs
02-06-2009, 04:49 PM
i sorta agree with doc.

but hasnt it been evident to everyone that during big games, the refs tend to call it real tight during the start and then let them play a lot more around the end? come on now doc

lakerboy
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Whos the whining ***** now

TURBOGOD
02-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Whos the whining ***** now

Not sure? could you tell me who the champs are?

madiaz3
02-06-2009, 05:41 PM

Obviously if you're against the Celtics you're automatically a Laker fan! Clearly people from other cities can't voice opinions.

madiaz3
02-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Not sure? could you tell me who the champs are?

This season's playoffs have not started yet. They will in May, we will know who the champs are in June. Is this your first season watching the NBA?

Vidball
02-06-2009, 05:54 PM
how come no one made a thread about KG picking on someone his own size with odom? how come its only made when its someone smaller?

You're right...we should! I never thought I would see the day :clap:

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 05:55 PM

agreed. i think sometimes we as fans put waaayy too much into coaches and not enough on the players.

Bball coaches have a very limited affect on the game. they really dont win games as much as dont make the mistake that costs the games

DJRiddell
02-06-2009, 05:59 PM
You guys do realize that when Phil Jackson came back to the Lakers, they did not make the playoffs the previous year, right? That definitely was not "picking his spot."

JAZZNC
02-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Why would they eject anyone? No player on either team did anything close to getting ejected, it doesn't matter how big the game was, there just wasn't any cause for ejection.

He said right in his post that there was no reason to eject anybody??

BTownTeamsRKing
02-06-2009, 06:07 PM
You guys do realize that when Phil Jackson came back to the Lakers, they did not make the playoffs the previous year, right? That definitely was not "picking his spot."

no one said he cant coach, but Red is the best of all time. and more often than not u see jackson's name next to his and he isnt close to Red.

the differece being: Red built - jackson inherited

RileyJ
02-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Of course it was chippy. The Lakers were embarrased in the finals worse than any other team in NBA history. They're pissed.

durtee
02-06-2009, 06:13 PM
http://www.nba.com/history/top_10_coaches.html

This list was made in 96. As much as I hate to say it after 3 more titles for Phil he has moved himself up to #2 IMO. I also think that Larry Brown would now make that list.

Edit: List is alphabetical.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 06:21 PM
He said right in his post that there was no reason to eject anybody??

No, he said: And that is simply not happening in a game of this magnitude.

lakerboy
02-06-2009, 06:26 PM
no one said he cant coach, but Red is the best of all time. and more often than not u see jackson's name next to his and he isnt close to Red.

Back in the days, did they have any salary cap?!

DJRiddell
02-06-2009, 07:00 PM

So even if Jackson inherited great players, why didn't these great players win until Phil got there? Kobe and Shaq were together three years before PJ came in a three-peated. And what happened when Phil Jackson left the Lakers in 04? The Lakers missed the playoffs completely and it took Phil coming back and a couple years of work to get back to the finals. When red retired as head coach, the Celtics still won two out of the next three championships. Phil took teams with talent and built them into champions. Phil's a coach, not a GM. He didn't pick get to pick the players like red did. And when Phil "inherited" a mess, he built them into championship contenders. red was a great GM, but Phil is a great coach.

Lakermania33
02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
what? how did the refs lead to the blowouts? I don't see how a ref makes a difference in a box score like I have in my sig?:confused:

You know sometimes I look at a game and I will walk away and say wow, the whistle went our way tonight. It happened a couple of times in the conference playoffs last year. Then there are people like you that believe Boston is the team that gets screwed. lol. Sure game 6 got out of hand quickly, but realistic people would tell you that there were alot of momentum breaking calls (4 and 6 point swings) that went in your favor. That's what a team on a championship run needs. That's the game. Move to reality it's plenty of room.

Lakermania33
02-06-2009, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=NYMetros;8271742]Celtic style of ball? Not at all. The Celtics style is a game that isn't taken completely into control of the refs.

I believe what he meant by Boston style is it was a physical game. There was pushing and shoving and both parties admitted to that. Good post, I initially saw the Steeler logo and Celtic post. Then a began to laugh as I realized a Boston/Steeler fan complaining about the refs is quite comical.

Missing56&33
02-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Doc Rivers------------> :cry: baby :laugh2:

USMCLaker
02-06-2009, 08:31 PM
too chippy, REALLY, WOW, points lost for the Doc.

PRETTY BIRD!
02-06-2009, 08:44 PM
doc is nothing but a bottom feeding arrogant prick of a nobody.....how in the hell do you have the nerve and audacity to complain in any matter about the ref's, when they handed you a championship....its kinda like biting the hand that feeds you!

ARMIN12NBA
02-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Doc should shut the **** up. Chippy play FAVORS the Celtics. The Celtics are dirty and chippy. They LITERALLY commit a type of foul every possession (a la Pistons of the late 80's). He should be careful for what he wishes for because, I guarantee, the Celtics do not win a championship and do not play nearly as good of defense if the refs don't let them play the way they like to play: dirty, chippy, and tough.

ARMIN12NBA
02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
The Celtics complaining about other teams chippiness is like a prostitute complaining about sex. THEY DO IT ALL THE TIME. Talk about hypocrisy.

G-Funk
02-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Doc Rivers = D'Antoni

G-Funk
02-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Every C Wanted Ainge and Rivers fired now they get taken care of real well, thanx to their star players.

BluejaysFan08
02-06-2009, 09:07 PM
this is your 9th loss of th e season and your crying other teams would die to have your record

soundjunkies2
02-06-2009, 09:12 PM

I wouldnt say it isnt close.Their both great coaches,the two best of all time but saying it isnt even close it ridiculous.

leftymo
02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
scoreboard. stop whining.

celtics are built for1-2 years, lakers are built for the next 5-7 years.

KeithLBC
02-06-2009, 09:31 PM
this is your 9th loss of th e season and your crying other teams would die to have your record

It was the Celtics 10th loss last night ;) The Lakers & Cavs are the only 2 teams with 9 losses :)

KB24PG16
02-06-2009, 09:34 PM
i thought doc like to played physical
there plenty of calls kg fouled out
what are u thinkin doc???

USMCLaker
02-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Doc complaining about the game being chippy is like Richard Simmons complaining about male aerobic instructors being gay.

Double Dos
02-06-2009, 09:42 PM
celtics built for 1-2 championships Lakers built for 5-7 playoff appearances

ARMIN12NBA
02-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Doc complaining about the game being chippy is like Richard Simmons complaining about male aerobic instructors being gay.

:laugh:

MJ-BULLS
02-06-2009, 10:21 PM
good win for the lakers i think it was a solid win for the lakers trying to show the celtics they can still beat them without bynum

USMCLaker
02-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Wathcing your writing abilities as well as your post content is like "watching a buch of retards trying to hump a door knob"
1000 points if you can name the movie I got that quote from

Why drop down to the low classless level of DD, no point in that.

NYMetros
02-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Wathcing your writing abilities as well as your post content is like "watching a buch of retards trying to hump a door knob"
1000 points if you can name the movie I got that quote from

Dodgeball.

Now give me my points. :nod:

jasondrobinson
02-06-2009, 10:32 PM
pot calling the kettle black

USMCLaker
02-06-2009, 10:51 PM
pot calling the kettle black ???

ink
02-06-2009, 10:53 PM
pot calling the kettle black

???

i.e. Doc has no reason to complain considering the rep KG and the Celtics have.

showtym24
02-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Fruit rollup face needs to shut up. He's the most overrated coach the nba. Lost 19 in a row twice and once with tmac when he was in his prime.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Dodgeball.

Now give me my points. :nod:

1000 points for NYMetros!!! Redeemable at any super market near you :up:

USMCLaker
02-06-2009, 10:57 PM
i.e. Doc has no reason to complain considering the rep KG and the Celtics have.

Thanks for clearing that up.

MAC10TIZZY
02-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Unless you are Doc then you don't know what he would of said. I just don't see the point of this thread, um ok, you hate Doc. Now what?

do you just post to post? this guy started a thread that he WANTED to, nobody made you come up in here.......

adrian28kobe24
02-07-2009, 12:10 AM

oh wow dont get me started about doc. he shouldnt of deserved coach of the year because he had the big three i could even coach that team if i had kg, pierce, and allen dont talk crap about phil jackson he never complains about anything and he is always calm unlike doc rivers. just face it celtic fans your 5 minutes of fame is done and you guys cant face the music because the lakers are the best team in the nba.

shortlunatic
02-07-2009, 12:12 AM

I think it was ridiculous...but then again alot of nba games are ridiculous. how you can call that 6th foul garnett commited against fisher but you cant call fouls on rose while hes takin hacks to the face is beyond me.

shortlunatic
02-07-2009, 12:18 AM
oh wow dont get me started about doc. he shouldnt of deserved coach of the year because he had the big three i could even coach that team if i had kg, pierce, and allen dont talk crap about phil jackson he never complains about anything and he is always calm unlike doc rivers. just face it celtic fans your 5 minutes of fame is done and you guys cant face the music because the lakers are the best team in the nba.

Having starts on your team doesnt matter theres alot else that needs to be done. For example, i know its a different sport, but in soccer theres a team in Spain that has like more than half of the best players on its team and somehow they cant win the title. You can have a bunch of superstars, but if they do not play efficient basketball you cant have a good team. On the other hand, I hate the lakers with all my heart, especially kobe, but i have to admit they are playing great basketball and deserve a championship...I just hope the cavs or the celtics can steal it from em:eyebrow:

Er1c
02-07-2009, 12:18 AM
shut the hell up doc. quit crying!!!!