PDA

View Full Version : Karl Malone on TNT

GspLAL
02-06-2009, 02:24 AM
Please get him to stay instead of freakin GP! Malone with Barkley would be pretty sweet.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2009, 02:27 AM
I agree, GP is annoying as hell. Plus when he said Duncan should not be an all star, sent me over board.
But I dont know about Karl, I remember reading some nasty stuff about him and little girls. I have never looked at him the same

Giaps
02-06-2009, 02:28 AM
I was just about to make this same exact thread. He's really good and entertaining and very good input.

Karl Malone >>>>> Gary Payton + Chris Webber

GspLAL
02-06-2009, 02:29 AM
I agree, GP is annoying as hell. Plus when he said Duncan should not be an all star, sent me over board.
But I dont know about Karl, I remember reading some nasty stuff about him and little girls. I have never looked at him the same

I don't think he said he shouldnt be in the game, I think he said he shouldn't be a starter.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2009, 02:31 AM
I don't think he said he shouldnt be in the game, I think he said he shouldn't be a starter.

Oh yeah, but still, the guy is one of the best power forwards of all time and GP wants to bench him for a guy putting up similar stats on a losing team. Did not make sense to me at the time, and still doesn't

GspLAL
02-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Oh yeah, but still, the guy is one of the best power forwards of all time and GP wants to bench him for a guy putting up similar stats on a losing team. Did not make sense to me at the time, and still doesn't

Yeah true

KeithLBC
02-06-2009, 02:43 AM
I liked how he was bagging on Barkley the whole time. I think they would play off each other and it would be a lot more entertaining than Payton & Webber. Did anyone catch the results of the poll that they had tonight: Who was the better PF, Malone or Barkley?

Living Legend
02-06-2009, 03:14 AM
Its funny how similar Karl and Charles are.

Both are Hall of Famers.

Both are black.

Both have the southern accent thing going (maybe both from Alabama)

Neither of them have ever won an NBA championship.

And both of them are slightly bitter loud mouths.

Kind of amazing.

GspLAL
02-06-2009, 03:18 AM
I liked how he was bagging on Barkley the whole time. I think they would play off each other and it would be a lot more entertaining than Payton & Webber. Did anyone catch the results of the poll that they had tonight: Who was the better PF, Malone or Barkley?

I think it was 57% to 43% with Malone ahead.

GoatMilk
02-06-2009, 03:18 AM
I really liked the mailman, but give me GP and CWebb, sorry
those guys are GOLD

GspLAL
02-06-2009, 03:21 AM
I really liked the mailman, but give me GP and CWebb, sorry
those guys are GOLD

You actually like GP and Webb?? At least Barkley is entertaining and Malone showed he's not bad either, GP makes my ears bleed.

xSolidx
02-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Any word when Barkley is scheduled to comeback?

Hopefully hes there for the all-star festivities

GoatMilk
02-06-2009, 04:05 AM
You actually like GP and Webb?? At least Barkley is entertaining and Malone showed he's not bad either, GP makes my ears bleed.

yeah. i used to hate CWebb, but he's pretty good on TV. He has good insight. then when he teamed up with GP, i was hooked lol
I love those 2.

Wilson
02-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh man, Gary Payton irritates the hell outta me as an anylist. From what I've seen, he just shouts different words into the air, and Webber and Ahmad do a load of fake laughing...it's painful.

Malone wasn't bad last night, I prefer Chuck though.

I've never looked at Malone the same after hearing about his daughters and stuff.

Tom81
02-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Please get him to stay instead of freakin GP! Malone with Barkley would be pretty sweet.

agreed

DrDEADalready
02-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Oh I was actually at the Jazz game vs the mavs. Malone was doing the halftime show and what not on TNT?

The Ooh Child
02-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Its funny how similar Karl and Charles are.

Both are Hall of Famers.

Both are black.

Both have the southern accent thing going (maybe both from Alabama)

Neither of them have ever won an NBA championship.

And both of them are slightly bitter loud mouths.

Kind of amazing.

How dare you

Lo Porto
02-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Malone did the entire studio thing with TNT from before the Lakers/Celtics through Jazz/Mavs. He was awesome. Barkley is entertaining, but you can tell that he almost tries to go over the top for attention some times. Malone, however, is completely genuine all the time. He's not for show, and he just says what's on his mind. I thought he was awesome last night. Kenny, Malone and Barkley would be hilarious because Kenny and Malone would team up on Barkley if he was acting a fool. CWebb and the Glove are terrible in comparison.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-06-2009, 11:25 AM
mailman is the greatest power forward ever.

ajj22
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM
im sad i missed the chance to witness malone on TNT. i hope he stays, that guy cracks me up when he talks, and he doesn't even have to say anything funny. anyone remember when they used to make fun of him on "the man show"?

i hope they get rid of payton, anytime that guy has a thought (and they are always illogical) he just shouts it out as loud as he can until he drowns out the other person's voice and all you hear is a jumbled mess.

ProdigyI
02-06-2009, 11:50 AM
GP is annoying as hell and not funny.

On top of that, he doesn't know anything about the current game today and it's players. He's had so many stupid comments, that it reminds me of one of those guys that trys to fit in with an NBA conversation.....but you know it's pathetic

pippsux
02-06-2009, 12:00 PM
The mailman delivered!

IBleedPurple
02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
im sad i missed the chance to witness malone on TNT. i hope he stays, that guy cracks me up when he talks, and he doesn't even have to say anything funny. anyone remember when they used to make fun of him on "the man show"?

i hope they get rid of payton, anytime that guy has a thought (and they are always illogical) he just shouts it out as loud as he can until he drowns out the other person's voice and all you hear is a jumbled mess.

When I first seen this thread, I thought I'd rather see Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Malone than seeing Malone himself

still1ballin
02-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I like the combo of GP + Webb, I think they are funny.

JAZZNC
02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
GP and Webber just need to stay on that bush league NBATV show with Ahmad Rashad b/c all three of them are just terrible. Malone isn't an idiot like GP and always interrupting everybody, he's genuine and he can take a joke pretty well. He's also a little bit better spoken than people give him credit for.

DrDEADalready
02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
yeah we need someone on there to give some utah love. Malone all the way.

Gibby23
02-06-2009, 01:09 PM
They need to keep him. It was nice to see. Malone, Chuck, and Kenny would be great.

Lakers4ItAll
02-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Mailman did good. GP sucks CWeb is good too tho

oldenpolynice
02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I guess I'm the lone dissenting voice here, but I didn't like the Mailman on TNT at all. He talked in circles and used all kinds of analogies that didn't make sense. It was driving me crazy.

Plus I got the distinct impression that Ernie and Jet wanted to murder him the entire time. There was this crazy underlying tension that's never there with Webber (who is the best as a fill-in, I think).

Sixerlover
02-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm a fan of Webber on the show.

S.J.Basketball
02-06-2009, 03:02 PM
I feel like Webber and GP having played basketball all these years and how good they were that they'd have some good bball insight.

I was wrong. Dead wrong. Hire me. I'll do a better job.

Vidball
02-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Mailman didn't deliver...he didn't even look comfortable on the camera at all. They should get Gheorghe Muresan on there commentating!

YankeeFan89
02-06-2009, 03:40 PM

I Concur.

MJ-BULLS
02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
I feel like Webber and GP having played basketball all these years and how good they were that they'd have some good bball insight.

I was wrong. Dead wrong. Hire me. I'll do a better job.

they dont want to share there knowledge of the game:p

Missing56&33
02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
I enjoyed Karl Malone. I liked the way he pointed out Odem and Odem responded. I've been waiting for Odem to do something for years. Hes to inconsistent and injury prone. I like the way KM shut Kenny up when he started talking about the Delta Center and the Utah Jazz, Malone didn't want to hear it. Don't mess with the Mailman, hes very sensitive when it comes to the Jazz

Missing56&33
02-06-2009, 04:50 PM

I dont think Barkley will be back, I think he messed up that gig

Chronz
02-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Malone is a hack, maybe it was the lack of chemistry but he and Kenny didnt have the same vibe that he had with Webber/GP, his fake laughs didnt do him any favors. Hes too anxious to speak, GP is loud and obnoxious but he waits his turn. I only saw the after show though.

Chronz
02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Mailman didn't deliver...he didn't even look comfortable on the camera at all. They should get Gheorghe Muresan on there commentating!

I sensed the same thing, he kept reiterating/repeating like he was forcing people to listen. I dont like hearing people like that, hes like a southern Stephen A Smith, without the personality or sense of humor.

DrDEADalready
02-06-2009, 05:21 PM
I enjoyed Karl Malone. I liked the way he pointed out Odem and Odem responded. I've been waiting for Odem to do something for years. Hes to inconsistent and injury prone. I like the way KM shut Kenny up when he started talking about the Delta Center and the Utah Jazz, Malone didn't want to hear it. Don't mess with the Mailman, hes very sensitive when it comes to the Jazz

I didn't see this. what did Karl say to Kenny to shut him up? what did Kenny say about the jazz?