PDA

View Full Version : In Order for this Team to WORK. BOSH plays (C) Bargnani (PF)

rosco
02-05-2009, 09:14 PM
The bottom Line is in order for this team to work First off 1) BOSH needs to play Center, yes he's a face up player, but just like O'Neal in his early days, O'Neal learned to play Center with his back to the basket to add that in his Arsenal, Bosh doesn't need to Step Out 15-18feet, he needs to get higher percentage shots in the Post. By Bosh playing down on the Block, his rebound numbers will go Up and his Shot Blocks. CB4 needs to be the defensive anchor, aka O'Neal. Cause reality is with Bargnani being a versatile shooter and having the abilites to step out 2 the 3point Line it leaves this team thin on the glass, especially the offensive glass, where second chance points are missed another area where this team struggles. So basically BOSH to the 5 and Bargs to the 4, it only makes sense.

ramz.n
02-05-2009, 09:15 PM
bosh can hardly defend pf bigger than him..how is he suppose to defend bigger c's???

iHop
02-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Bosh is amazing Offensively.... but defense not so much

argo
02-05-2009, 09:50 PM
bosh can hardly defend pf bigger than him..how is he suppose to defend bigger c's???

exactly. thats why they brought in oneal. bargnani did a nice job against yao, but he doesn't have the defensive savy/ experience to be a consistently good defender. rasho did the work last year. hopefully bargs continues to get smarter/ tougher on the defensive end.

BALLER R
02-05-2009, 10:14 PM
JO worked with bargs i think he should do the same with bosh

02-05-2009, 11:29 PM
It makes no difference which positions are announced for them at the beginning of the game - Bargnani will always guard the bigger player in the post because of his size, and will always be a perimeter player on offense. Bosh's offense is great but quite one-dimensional. He faces up and either shoots or drives. call them 4 or 5, the outcome will be the same...

B2theRY
02-05-2009, 11:33 PM
in order for this team to work.

C- JO
PF - Bargnani
SF - Bosh
SG - Parker
PG - Calderon

and they need to play ZONE Defense.
and should be getting every rebound with 3 - 6'10+ footers out there.

Johann
02-05-2009, 11:40 PM
so we basically trade bosh??^^

nover mind...didnt see him at sf
but that could work...hhhmmmmm

P.I.
02-06-2009, 12:06 AM
In order for this to work 1 of them will have to leave.

I knew we should of drafted by position in the 2006 draft year and not best player.

Kyben36
02-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Bosh is WAY undersized to play C. He is athletic enough but still. He is almost undersized to play PF. 230 isnt much mass. he would get overpowerd.

rosco
02-06-2009, 12:48 AM
The Bottom line is that they want Bargnani to bulk up, but Why not BOSH. Let CB4 go put on 20pounds, just like O'Neal, remember one thing Jermaine O'Neal was the same as Bosh, but he had to Bulk Up and add different aspects to his game to be more EFFECIENT player, learning how to back down the opposition to get higher percentage shots in the Post. CB4 can't always drive in all the time, there's gotta be other ways as a player to get to the bucket. Yes its understandable that CB4 and Bargs are both (PF)'s but one has to be that dominant Post Guy, if O'Neal gets moved and the Raptors as a Team Continue to progress with Bosh and Bargs, then who becomes that presence down low that we so desperatly need??????

RapToronto95
02-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Oh. I didn't know it was that simple to make the team work.

Anyways, we tried the 3 bigs zone D one time. Result = too slow to defend off the dribble, other players doing the drive and kick, and as a result the wide-open trey (which is usually what happens in zone D).

Gup
02-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Our team has no true centre. We have 3 PF. We need to trade away one of them in order to make us a better team all around.

carruthers32
02-06-2009, 01:03 AM
The bottom Line is in order for this team to work First off 1) BOSH needs to play Center, yes he's a face up player, but just like O'Neal in his early days, O'Neal learned to play Center with his back to the basket to add that in his Arsenal, Bosh doesn't need to Step Out 15-18feet, he needs to get higher percentage shots in the Post. By Bosh playing down on the Block, his rebound numbers will go Up and his Shot Blocks. CB4 needs to be the defensive anchor, aka O'Neal. Cause reality is with Bargnani being a versatile shooter and having the abilites to step out 2 the 3point Line it leaves this team thin on the glass, especially the offensive glass, where second chance points are missed another area where this team struggles. So basically BOSH to the 5 and Bargs to the 4, it only makes sense.

That would not work because Bosh is a player who needs to be 15-18 feet from the basket to be effective. He is not a big guy like O'Neal to bang down low, he brings defenders out 18 feet because he uses his quickness to get to the basket with his quick first step. He is also a good jump shooter from that area, so how is he going to take that shot when hes in the paint all the time.

hades
02-06-2009, 06:18 AM
in order for this team to work.

C- JO
PF - Bargnani
SF - Bosh
SG - Parker
PG - Calderon

and they need to play ZONE Defense.
and should be getting every rebound with 3 - 6'10+ footers out there.

they tried this with cleveland. didnt work. or either they need to spend more time with that lineup. as of now... im willing to see anything.. coach j is obviously trying everything at his disposal..

parker at the point is brilliant.. makes me think of that psych they hired to get in to peoples head... just need to keep taping into his head and to keep turnovers down and be more aware of where he should be passing the ball.

at this point i would also rather see a lot of joey graham at the 3 and or 2 spot, say about 30 to 35 mpg. he was brilliant againts the lakers.

in regards to trying BOSH at the C. im totally againts that idea, i think its a bad idea. he'll just get banged up and injured.

ramz.n
02-06-2009, 10:41 AM
In order for this to work 1 of them will have to leave.

I knew we should of drafted by position in the 2006 draft year and not best player.

you can't really say that though...imagine the outcome...the raptors had tj and calderon at pg...ap at sg.......garbo at sf...bosh at pf...rasho at c......they would have tried to upgrade at the sf position and let garbo come off the bench as the backup pf..so at the time they would have considered....Adam Morrison or Tyrus Thomas because Rudy Gay was to low of a pick to take the #1 overall..would you be happier with Tyrus Thomas or Morrison instead of Bargnani, i bet if BC drafted one of those 2 every raptor fan in here would be throwing them off the Niagara Escarpment just like they were with the Bargnani talk

rosco
02-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Who's going to be our Anchor on D Bargnani come on Now. If and when O'Neal gets traded we will become a Perimeter Team once again from spots 1 to 5. If not saying everyplay for CB4 to back down opposing defenders, but if Bosh adds 20-30 pounds, Like Jermaine Did, he can Bang down Low and be that Defensive Anchor. Cb4 needs that aspect in his game. Yes we all know Chris Bosh is the Franchise and he plays (PF) so that spot is taken, so develope Bargs to be the Center, its so stupid this Idea,especially now that Bargs has turned the Corner, in not saying this for the Now, but in the Offseason things must change. If anyone hasn't noticed where 2nd last in the East, THE EAST, wake Up Room. This team has to many flaws.

B2theRY
02-06-2009, 11:20 AM
so we basically trade bosh??^^

nover mind...didnt see him at sf
but that could work...hhhmmmmm

out of all the BIG men he could probably keep up with some SF...

bartron_44
02-06-2009, 03:03 PM
I mentioned Bosh playing SF before the season began when we traded for JO. I think he is quick enough good help defense to gaud at least most SF's, and his offensive game is more of a SF's as he like to stay around 15ft away and face up like you guys have mentioned. I think his length at a lanky 6'10 will help make up for the disadvatage he would be at speed wise against the SF's. He can play off a little more and still challenge the jumpshot, plus he will be able to take advantage more when he does get the ball down low and post up. I don't think anyone can argue his offense is more like a SF. He isn't rebounding like a PF lately either. I am not sure why as at the olympics he was a monster on the offensive glass...

Like someone also said earlier, it doesn't matter what you call them when the game starts, they will gaurd the appropriate people on the defensive side of the ball. If we can force people into taking jump shots like we have ben taking all the time lately instead of getting into the middle and rebounding on us like nuts, then I think we have a better chance for success.

bartron_44
02-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Play your best players...period

right now I think the following should be our STARTING lineup:

Parker
Graham
Bosh
Bargnani
O'Neal

Let Jose play less minutes and heal up properly. Until he is 100%, AP can do just as good, if not a better job.Graham has played his way into the starting role, and then we see how the 3 headed monster can gel for the rest of the season.