PDA

View Full Version : If you were a player, when would you wanna be traded?

JJ81
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
During the off-season

+ You get time to gel and meet with your new team mates.
- There'll be a lot of hype and high expectations from everybody.

During the season

+ You get to come in quick and be like a suprise to the fans and you can immediately see your impact.
- You have to put all the effort which you put into the first half of the season behind you and start from scratch.

dodgernation
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
im gonna say off-season because you get more time to adjust and meet your teammates.

VCaintdead17
02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
^
basically what I was thinking

Lakers09
02-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I would wanna come in mid season because it gives you a huge opportunity to prove yourself as versatile player.

Sport
02-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Offseason. Get acclimated to the situation. I respect the guys who get traded midseason and still put up big numbers, like a CC/Harden/Ramirez/Bay did this last season. I think it would be tough.

JJ81
02-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Offseason. Get acclimated to the situation. I respect the guys who get traded midseason and still put up big numbers, like a CC/Harden/Ramirez/Bay did this last season. I think it would be tough.

Yeah, I went with mid-season because when a mid-season player does well in his first few games, as a fan, I love it and almost instantly, they become a fan favourite. With an offseason trade the hype and expectations but a damper on things a bit imo.