PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James conspiracy

Boston Faithful
02-05-2009, 08:25 PM
I cannot wait to see LeBron James' reaction to Ray Allen being the replacement on the All-Star team as he was very pissed last time that Mo Williams did not get a spot.

First and foremost, the Celtics fan in me wants to see him pissed (I hate him and Kobe with a passion).

Secondly, I do think Allen deserved the All-Star bout - but the conspiracy part in this is I think David Stern may have been influenced to not pick Mo Williams to further get LeBron to New York in 2010.

If LeBron goes his entire tenure as a Cav without a fellow All-Star - that will have to have a profound effect on him. He is the lone star in my opinion as that team flat out sucks without him. Mo was not spectacular on the Bucks last year. LeBron is that team because all the other players are role players and Mo Williams is a pretty good player. If the Cavs really want to make a run they need a Scottie Pippen type (Vince Carter?) as LeBron's wingman.

Tblaze
02-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't think he cares if his wingman doesn't have an all-star appearance (apart from feeling bad for him). As long as he's all-star caliber.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I cannot wait to see LeBron James' reaction to Ray Allen being the replacement on the All-Star team as he was very pissed last time that Mo Williams did not get a spot.

First and foremost, the Celtics fan in me wants to see him pissed (I hate him and Kobe with a passion).

Secondly, I do think Allen deserved the All-Star bout - but the conspiracy part in this is I think David Stern may have been influenced to not pick Mo Williams to further get LeBron to New York in 2010.

If LeBron goes his entire tenure as a Cav without a fellow All-Star - that will have to have a profound effect on him. He is the lone star in my opinion as that team flat out sucks without him. Mo was not spectacular on the Bucks last year. LeBron is that team because all the other players are role players and Mo Williams is a pretty good player. If the Cavs really want to make a run they need a Scottie Pippen type (Vince Carter?) as LeBron's wingman.

You a little early for talking trash, it isn't April yet. Boston flat out sucked before they got KG and Allen and IMO if any team that all ready had an All Star and added KG and Allen, that team would have been the favorite and most likely to win the championship last season. Lets be real, if Boston did not get KG and Ray Allen last off season and kept the team like it had been, they would have been a lower seed in the playoffs (if they even made the playoffs) and Doc Rivers would have been fired after they lost in the first round. I'm not saying Cleveland would be great without LeBron, but they wouldn't be the worst team in the league. Mo Williams was good on the Bucks, thats why we traded for him.

albertc86
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Screw LeBron. I want to see Mo Williams throw another temper tantrum. At any rate, neither Nelson or Williams are all that special. The game against each other after the teams were announced they played very mediocre. That game:
Mo Williams - 12 points/ 2 rebs/ 3 asst. --- He went 4-15 from the field
Jameer Nelson - 18 pts/ 3 rebs/ 3assts

Neither one of are all-star material.

Chronz
02-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Why would LeBron leave because of a label? Remember the year Big Z was an All-Star and the team was nowhere near as good as they are now, should he want to go back to that team just because of an increasingly meaningless label of "All-Star"?

Boston Faithful
02-05-2009, 09:20 PM
You a little early for talking trash, it isn't April yet. Boston flat out sucked before they got KG and Allen and IMO if any team that all ready had an All Star and added KG and Allen, that team would have been the favorite and most likely to win the championship last season. Lets be real, if Boston did not get KG and Ray Allen last off season and kept the team like it had been, they would have been a lower seed in the playoffs (if they even made the playoffs) and Doc Rivers would have been fired after they lost in the first round. I'm not saying Cleveland would be great without LeBron, but they wouldn't be the worst team in the league. Mo Williams was good on the Bucks, thats why we traded for him.

The 24-58 year the Celtics were so bad due to injuries. Yes, they wouldn't have been as good without KG and Allen - but they still would have had Al Jefferson, Delonte West and Ryan Gomes on the team along with role players Wally and Telfair. They would have been a 5 or 6 seed without KG or Allen but why does that ever matter?

The point is without ONE player on the Cavs team (LeBron) they would not be a playoff team. Period. Without Garnett or without Pierce or without Allen the Celtics would still be a top 4 team in the East.

The Cavs are all about LeBron and until they get a true second star they aren't going to go anywhere. They got killed in the Finals in 2007 and in 2008 they lost to the Celtics.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 09:39 PM
The 24-58 year the Celtics were so bad due to injuries. Yes, they wouldn't have been as good without KG and Allen - but they still would have had Al Jefferson, Delonte West and Ryan Gomes on the team along with role players Wally and Telfair. They would have been a 5 or 6 seed without KG or Allen but why does that ever matter?

The point is without ONE player on the Cavs team (LeBron) they would not be a playoff team. Period. Without Garnett or without Pierce or without Allen the Celtics would still be a top 4 team in the East.

The Cavs are all about LeBron and until they get a true second star they aren't going to go anywhere. They got killed in the Finals in 2007 and in 2008 they lost to the Celtics.

1. Your right that doesn't matter, but you can't prove that they would be a 5th or 6th seed.

2. I'll admit they wouldn't be as good as Boston if they didn't have LeBron and Boston didn't make the deals to get KG and Allen, but you can't prove that they wouldn't make the playoffs.

3. Once again, you don't have facts to back that up.

4. Be happy Ray Allen got the nod to replace Nelson, if Mo Williams was picked over Nelson you wouldn't be saying the Cavs don't have a second star. Yes they did get killed by San Antonio, there is no excuse for that and yes they did lose to the Celtics, but the Cavs and the Hawks took the Celtics to 7 games and if the Celtics did not have homecourt advantage in both those series, no one can deny that both those series could have went a different way. We could be here talking about how the Celtics lost to the Hawks and the Lakers won the championship.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Oh I forgot to add:

There is no conspiracy, its just what you read in the newspapers and what the media wants you to think: "LeBron to the Knicks in 2010"

And yes LeBron does get all the spot light instead of the rest of his teammates, but thats because he is arguably the best basketball player in the world today. The reason he was upset about Mo not making the All Star team is because its not just him winning ball games, why do you think LeBron's MPG are a career low? He has even sit out the entire 4th quarter some games. His MPG are down because he isn't carrying the Cavs. Mo Williams, Delonte West, Daniel Gibson the list goes on; have all helped win ball games. Oh and some games LeBron doesn't always get the most points on his team. Maybe you should watch Cavs games more closely.

hotpotato1092
02-05-2009, 09:55 PM
The REAL all star team:

PG: Devin Harris/Mo Williams
SG: Dwayne Wade/Joe Johnson/Ray Allen
SF: LeBron James/Paul Pierce/Danny Granger
PF: Chris Bosh/KG
C: Dwight Howard/David Lee

Lakers4ItAll
02-05-2009, 10:19 PM
David lee is not an allstar lol