PDA

View Full Version : Calderon's Hamstring

GodsSon
02-05-2009, 07:17 PM
As all of us are aware, Calderon has repeatedly missed stretches of games the entire season due to a hamstring injury that has continued to hamper him. Although prior to re-aggravating it (against Orlando i think) he was playing well, this type of injury is one that will continue to re-surface and never full playing at 100%. The season may not be lost mathematically, especially with a fairly easy schedule down the stretch, but I think they should shut him down for the rest of the year to avoid potential aggravation carrying over into next season; combine this with the fact that the tandem of Parker/Ukic have done a very good job of filling in PG duties, and I think we could do it without missing too many steps. Thoughts?

AFlagRules
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM
This shouldn't be a problem for next season. Sitting Calderon if he's anywhere near 100% would be extremely stupid on both parts.

dirtybird
02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
This shouldn't be a problem for next season. Sitting Calderon if he's anywhere near 100% would be extremely stupid on both parts.

I think that if there's potential for this to become a longterm issue by him continuing to play, he should be shut down. It's become fairly clear that he initially didn't take enough time to let this thing heal after the Olympics and after that it was too late.

ink
02-05-2009, 07:40 PM
It's a good idea but I doubt he'd let them shut him down. It sounds like he's his own worst enemy on the injury.

The_905
02-05-2009, 07:50 PM
They don't need to shut him down for the season, just until he is feeling close to 100% and then to not aggravate it he should just play around 20-25 min a night for the rest of the season..

BY giving Ukic some solid minutes he can then figure out his jumper which is all he really lacks other then his euro inexperience which will get better having jose as his mentor.

I really think we can have serious depth at the 1 for years to come with Ukic developing well..

ThisIsAbsurd
02-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Like Ink said, Jose may be his own worst enemy. Regardless though, I don't think they're letting him play through any serious pain at the moment. Any time there is a scare of worsening the injury, they will pull him, the trainers see it.

I would recommend starting Roko or atleast letting him play 25+ minutes. It doubt it would hamper our playoff chances...Lol

Gup
02-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Obviously, you sit the guy till he's 100%
This year is a wash