PDA

View Full Version : Draft Class

Dashtary
02-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I dont know about you guys but to me there are really no guys in this years draft class there are no really really amazing guys who are dominant and game changers like derrick rose, oj mayo, or michael beasley?

JermanJaysFan
02-05-2009, 07:31 PM
I dont know about you guys but to me there are really no guys in this years draft class there are no really really amazing guys who are dominant and game changers like derrick rose, oj mayo, or michael beasley?

That seems to be the consensus, yeah, with the possible exceptions of Griffin and Rubio.

Faneik
02-05-2009, 07:54 PM
That seems to be the consensus, yeah, with the possible exceptions of Griffin and Rubio.

Many posters have posted this several times:

Rubio won't declare next year. Even if he does declare he won't come to play in the NBA next season.

Unfornately I've only seen this in the portuguese and spanish media, or I'd provide a link.

Nets fan 93
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Brook Lopez is a big reason the Nets are on a 3 game win streak if that counts...:)

Wake's Fastball
02-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Griffin's probably deserving of as much hype as Beasley got last season... he's been an animal this year, and he's got a better NBA power forward body than Beasley does. Beyond him though, there's a boatload of high-risk/high-reward guys. The class also isn't as hyped this year because the freshmen just aren't as absurdly good as the Durants, Odens, Roses and Mayos we've got used to the past couple seasons.

Sport
02-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Of course the Year that the Wolves have 4 picks, the talent sucks.:pity:

GunFactor187
02-06-2009, 12:24 AM
What about Stephen Curry and Hasheem Thabeet?

dre1990
02-06-2009, 12:29 AM
What about Stephen Curry and Hasheem Thabeet?

That man will be a BEAST

oshea225
02-06-2009, 12:32 AM
griffin of course has tons of potential, after him though its pretty shallow.
i see curry becoming an exceptional role player, although i can also see him becoming the next reggie miller.
thabeet, he'll be a very good (at least), but more likely dominant, defender for years to come.

everyone else, eh.

PurpleJesus
02-06-2009, 12:49 AM
brandon jennings, jrue holliday, james harden, demario derozan...theres a couple guys out there that could become big time players, i really dont believe there is such thing as a weak draft class, but there are draft classes that dont have lebron james or yao ming type players in them, this is one of those classes.

Hellcrooner
02-06-2009, 04:31 AM
Only if they fall in the right teams, fore example if rubio or jennings fall into Clippers or Thunder it will spoil their careers because they already ahve baron and westbrook and they would be doomed to bench no matter if Both are better than Westbrook, he has 1 year advantage and coaches are squareheaded.

Hellcrooner
02-06-2009, 04:31 AM
summing it up, PLEASE SACRAMENTO get that first pick and pick rubio. Keep udrih to clean his boots.

Hellcrooner
02-06-2009, 04:34 AM
Many posters have posted this several times:

Rubio won't declare next year. Even if he does declare he won't come to play in the NBA next season.

Unfornately I've only seen this in the portuguese and spanish media, or I'd provide a link.

The buzz here is will declare eligible and his agent will talk seriously wiht the teams with the first three picks, if he is going to fall lower he will retire and wait for 2010.

If one of them is picking him he will come to the nba because the rookie scale salary would be enought to pay his 6 million euros buy out from his own pocket.

he also would look if the team picking him has a starting spot at his disposition or if they intend to trade the starter in order to grant him the spot.

If not he will retire.

Bulls_fan90
02-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Blake Griffin will become a superstar, he was projected to go top 5 in last years draft which was one of the deepest in years. He has also improved in his second college year, he will be the obvious no1 pick. Man i wish the bulls got lucky 2 years in a row:D
The rest of the lottery picks will be project players (many of which may impress). I'd love to get Thabeet, i think he'll be a project tho. The talent isnt the same as the previous years but its not as bad as most people think.

Hellcrooner
02-06-2009, 06:03 AM
griffin may have his own problems if he falls in the wrong team, like Bosh Raptors, Beasleys heat
etc

Kyle916
02-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Look out for Greg Monroe.

He's flown up draft charts to be the 3rd or even 2nd prospect on many draft boards this season.

He has more upside than anybody this draft (Chris Webber comparisons).

I'd love to see the Kings nab him at 3 (as the standings are today).

Wake's Fastball
02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Look out for Greg Monroe.

He's flown up draft charts to be the 3rd or even 2nd prospect on many draft boards this season.

He has more upside than anybody this draft (Chris Webber comparisons).

I'd love to see the Kings nab him at 3 (as the standings are today).

I really just don't see Monroe as being a good NBAer. He's really just above average at everything, hasn't done anything wowing at Georgetown, and doesn't really excel at any specific area of the game. He's clearly one of the best big men in the draft, but I'd take Griffin, Thabeet or Jordan Hill over him at this point.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
on paper, this is a very weak draft coming up. That being said, there will be some players that come out of it. Outside Griffin, there are no guys that jump out as possible stars

Mane
02-06-2009, 01:52 PM
I actually like a lot of players in this class. Blake Griffin is of course the best player, but James Harden has been compared to Manu Ginobli, Hasheem Thabeet will eventually become a great shot blocker and rebounder, and there are a few other good players (Monroe, Aminu, Hill, possibly Rubio.)