PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else miss the weekend playoff day game?

hotpotato1092
02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Anybody else miss having day games on weekends during the playoffs? I think I saw one last year and it wasn't a marquee matchup (I think it was Jazz-Rockets). I remember going to the NBA store as a kid during game 4 of the '02 western conference finals at around 5 PM and watching Horry hit that 3. I remember coming home from my baseball games to watch the Knicks play the Raptors or Pacers. I miss that, last year both conference finals were only played really late at night and on week days that's understandable, but I think every marquee playoff series needs at least one day game, especially the conference finals because those are usually the best series. Anybody know if they're bringing them back this year?

DirtyThirty
02-05-2009, 07:08 PM
they should make more day playoffs games for every sport especially baseball

hotpotato1092
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
they should make more day playoffs games for every sport especially baseball

Exactly, I miss day playoff games. They still do it occasionally for the division series but they should have a world series game during the day.

JordansBulls
02-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Anybody else miss having day games on weekends during the playoffs? I think I saw one last year and it wasn't a marquee matchup (I think it was Jazz-Rockets). I remember going to the NBA store as a kid during game 4 of the '02 western conference finals at around 5 PM and watching Horry hit that 3. I remember coming home from my baseball games to watch the Knicks play the Raptors or Pacers. I miss that, last year both conference finals were only played really late at night and on week days that's understandable, but I think every marquee playoff series needs at least one day game, especially the conference finals because those are usually the best series. Anybody know if they're bringing them back this year?

Well I like seeing a game 7 regular TV primetime like on NBC, ABC, CBS. I don't like seeing them on TNT at night.

MadeInDade3589
02-06-2009, 06:32 PM
tell you what i miss i miss the nba on nbc

EX-TREME
02-06-2009, 06:54 PM
damn i miss nba on nbc too

Kohaku
02-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Damn I miss the old-school theme song for the NBA on nbc. You know the one I'm talkin' about.

what54!?
02-06-2009, 06:59 PM
^^^^^ yeah I know what your talking about. They played that during the olympics :laugh2: