PDA

View Full Version : Which PSD posters play basketball regularly?

DLeeicious
02-05-2009, 05:13 PM
I am just curious as to who plays regularly around here. I read some peoples comments and I'm convinced they've never picked up a basketball because they are so clueless. (Not to say you can't be knowledgeable without being a player)

For those of you who play:

How often?
Where if local to Chicago?
Any college experience?
What position do you play?
Who do you liken yourself to on the Bulls?
How long have you played for?
Do you play in any leagues? Which ones?

Here is mine line:

I play about 3-4 times per week for 2 hours or so. I currently go to lifetime fitness, but over the last 18 months or so I was a member at Xsport --- They got WAY too overcrowded and I was sick of the BS so I switched to lifetime. I didn't play in college other than intramurals and extramurals. I am 6'2'' and can play anywhere from point guard to power forward, but due to many ankle injuries I prefer to play a shooting guard type role. I probably play most similarly to a Luol Deng type player, I love to slash and hit open shots when there. I've played since I was 5 so 18 years now. I'm currently playing in a church league that actually starts tonight in Elmhurst, which is why I got curious about this topic to begin with.

xxdc2tegxx
02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
I used to "live" basketball all through middle/highschool...played freshman/soph at buffalo grove high school.

Was a regular at lifetime [sch], DePaul, and played in the elk grove league for a few years. Im 23 now and since graduating I play maybe 3 times a week at lifetime or at Depaul

5'11 playing pg mostly...lack of effort, cigarettes, laziness have gotten the worst of me. Still explosive [track jumper throughout highschool--could dunk with two hands] but no endurance whatsoever now

BullsNumber1Fan
02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
How often?
Any college experience?

I play around 6 times a week for anywhere from 2-3.5 hours a day. I play for my high school junior varsity/varsity basketball team(Jacobs High School - HDJ) and I am 6'3" and play anywhere from Small Foward to Center, but usally PF/C. I play sort of like a Drew Gooden like game with way more defense. I hit almost any open jumper you give me, so I am not the prototypical PF/C. I have been playing since I was 5 also, so about 12 years now and I play in rec leagues in the spring and summer with my friends and family.

DLeeicious
02-05-2009, 05:32 PM
How often?
Any college experience?

I play around 6 times a week for anywhere from 2-3.5 hours a day. I play for my high school junior varsity/varsity basketball team(Jacobs High School - HDJ) and I am 6'3" and play anywhere from Small Foward to Center, but usally PF/C. I play sort of like a Drew Gooden like game with way more defense. I hit almost any open jumper you give me, so I am not the prototypical PF/C. I have been playing since I was 5 also, so about 12 years now and I play in rec leagues in the spring and summer with my friends and family.

Enjoy playing 6 days a week for 2-3.5 hours a day while you can! After college when you start working you will be amazed how hard it is to get to the gym!

DLeeicious
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
I used to "live" basketball all through middle/highschool...played freshman/soph at buffalo grove high school.

Was a regular at lifetime [sch], DePaul, and played in the elk grove league for a few years. Im 23 now and since graduating I play maybe 3 times a week at lifetime or at Depaul

5'11 playing pg mostly...lack of effort, cigarettes, laziness have gotten the worst of me. Still explosive [track jumper throughout highschool--could dunk with two hands] but no endurance whatsoever now

I could dunk with two hands until freshman year of college when I tore some ligaments in my ankle and I just have never been explosive since. I used to jump out of the gym, now I can barely grab the rim.

CBuck91
02-05-2009, 05:59 PM
How often? everday
Where if local to Chicago? NWI
Any college experience? no, in high school
What position do you play? G/F
Who do you liken yourself to on the Bulls? nocioni
How long have you played for? since i was 6
Do you play in any leagues? Which ones? dont play for high school becuase of my grades but i play in adult rec leagues and am the starting 2 guard, and im 6th in the league in scoring. thats not bad considering most of the starters are 24-30 and like 30 pounds hevier and im 18. when i graduate im going to try to get a spot in the cba or usbl, hopefully with the gary steelehaeds cus there local.

jon-jon
02-05-2009, 06:00 PM
How often?
Any college experience?

I play 3 days a week due to work and fatherly obligations. I play in Puerto Rico but I also played my highschool ball in Kelvyn Park Highschool in west side Chi. I play pg. I'm a pass first/penetrating guard so maybe ala Rose without the leaping ability. I played in some leagues out here and been playing since the age of 13.

ProdigyI
02-05-2009, 07:23 PM
This has a lot to do with the Chicago Bulls I must say.

I think this thread belongs in the General Dissussion Area

Cubs Win
02-05-2009, 07:55 PM
^ Not really since it has Q's that specifically mention Chicago and the Bulls.
But anyway...
I play once a week with friends at the Oak Brook Park District. I'm only 5'9 so I'm pretty much stuck at PG which I've played since I was in kindergarten, so I'm used to it you could say. I'm a lot like Rose minus the superhuman athleticsm. I can pretty much get to the basket at will but my jumper is inconsistent. When I'm on from long 2/3 pt range, I'm almost impossible to stop becase I'm a real good passer too. Also like Rose, I'm not afraid to go down to the post and grab a few boards. I've played since I was 3 so almost 15 years!

ProdigyI
02-05-2009, 08:02 PM
^ Not really since it has Q's that specifically mention Chicago and the Bulls.
But anyway...
I play once a week with friends at the Oak Brook Park District. I'm only 5'9 so I'm pretty much stuck at PG which I've played since I was in kindergarten, so I'm used to it you could say. I'm a lot like Rose minus the superhuman athleticsm. I can pretty much get to the basket at will but my jumper is inconsistent. When I'm on from long 2/3 pt range, I'm almost impossible to stop becase I'm a real good passer too. Also like Rose, I'm not afraid to go down to the post and grab a few boards. I've played since I was 3 so almost 15 years!

lol ok i guess we'll have some fun with your interpretation of the rule then for future refrences

Cubs Win
02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
lol ok i guess we'll have some fun with your interpretation of the rule then for future refrences

:p ha

MJ-BULLS
02-05-2009, 08:29 PM
How often?:i play 4 times a week at practices and games
Where if local to Chicago? proviso west high school,bellwood ill
Any college experience?:currently playing for the triton trojans
What position do you play?power forward
Who do you liken yourself to on the Bulls?:my game is kinda like luol deng but i have some post moves
How long have you played for?since i was in 1 grade
Do you play in any leagues? Which ones?:triton

InRoseWeTrust
02-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm about 7 1.....kind of overweight, definitely past my prime. I play in the greater Phoenix area....mostly C.

:laugh:

kozelkid
02-05-2009, 09:55 PM
This has a lot to do with the Chicago Bulls I must say.

I think this thread belongs in the General Dissussion Area

it's perfectly fine. The thread maker wants to talk with fellow bulls posters. Nothing wrong with these kind of threads.
as for me, I used to play in middle school but not nearly big enough nor good enough to play in High school. I mean back in middle school I was 6 foot so I had some height at that time, but since I matured early, being a 6 footer I couldnt do much in high school level especially considering I used to be a big man and don't have the ball handling or speed to be a pg.
As of now I can never play since I am really committed to swimming. I do ball with my friends from time to time though.

ProdigyI
02-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Which PSD posters enjoy hot dogs here? I prefer mine with ketchup and onions

MyCousinVinny
02-06-2009, 12:01 AM
I used to play in jr high but ive had 2 major knee surgeries so i cant anymore. Im a junior in hs and still love the game and actully broadcast our games live on the internet. So i guess id be a stacey king. Might make me sound like a nerd but it looks good on college aps and keeps me in basketball.

Kyben36
02-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Definitly do. I play at least every weekend if not more. I took this week off though because I sprained my ankle the other week so I needed a break. But at least once a week if not more.

CBuck91
02-06-2009, 12:17 AM

whats your problem? you think you make the rules of the board or something? this is a perectly legit topic, im sure he doesnt care if pistons fans play ball or not.

JordanPippen
02-06-2009, 12:29 AM
hey deleeicious, do you play at the lifetime in skokie?

I've been playing basketball since i've come out of the womb. played in youth leagues, church leagues, and playin in intramural here on campus. ball is life basically, but its slowed down since school has picked up. Out of shape, gotta start jogging again.

By the way, play all over. Webber, the Glen, Prarie Lakes, Feldman

JordansBulls
02-06-2009, 12:32 AM
I play down here in Houston.

WindyCity_22
02-06-2009, 12:34 AM
I live on the south side of Chicago. I grew up in Harvey. I played basketball and baseball for Thornwood H.S. (same school as Eddy Curry)I play when I get the chance, on average about 3-4 times a week. And yes I played when Thornwood was in their prime for basketball...

CBuck91
02-06-2009, 12:44 AM
I live on the south side of Chicago. I grew up in Harvey. I played basketball and baseball for Thornwood H.S. (same school as Eddy Curry)I play when I get the chance, on average about 3-4 times a week. And yes I played when Thornwood was in their prime for basketball...

your a dirty rotten liar

Chronz
02-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Im in a league with guys from highschool, they dont track the stats right though so we have our own. I havent been able to play this season due to my heart erithmia but once I clear that out I should be back. Were 1-3, they need my D

Mile High Champ
02-06-2009, 12:39 PM

nice:clap:

DLeeicious
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
hey deleeicious, do you play at the lifetime in skokie?

I've been playing basketball since i've come out of the womb. played in youth leagues, church leagues, and playin in intramural here on campus. ball is life basically, but its slowed down since school has picked up. Out of shape, gotta start jogging again.

By the way, play all over. Webber, the Glen, Prarie Lakes, Feldman

I haven't been to that one I usually play in Burr Ridge.

By the way Prodigy I love how the king of stupid thread (YOU) decides to bash this one. Honestly, if you aren't interested in a thread don't read or comment on it. Grow up man.

ProdigyI
02-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I haven't been to that one I usually play in Burr Ridge.

By the way Prodigy I love how the king of stupid thread (YOU) decides to bash this one. Honestly, if you aren't interested in a thread don't read or comment on it. Grow up man.

dont be mad it got moved where it should have been moved :laugh:

I ball at x-sport in chicago

DLeeicious
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM
dont be mad it got moved where it should have been moved :laugh:

I ball at x-sport in chicago

I'm not mad it got moved, but it's stupid to move it. I was curious who in the Bulls forum actually played ball and where because maybe I play with them. I could care less who in the NBA forums plays ball in their respective states.

JAZZNC
02-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I wish I still played. I lived basketball until I was out of college. Then it was just too much of a burden to get to the gym and play for friggin' 2 hours. Don't have the time with a wife, full time job, and the fact that I love to fish. Fishing doesn't require me to be in great shape:D I always played PG, mainly b/c I'm short but I do miss it sometimes. I bet I haven't picked up a basketball in 3 or 4 years :pity:

Mane
02-06-2009, 01:49 PM
How often? I play every single day.
Where if local to Chicago? Nowhere near Chicago, i play in Arnold, MD
Any college experience? Nah i just play on a Rec League team, hoping to try out for my high school team next year.
What position do you play? I play combo guard, and i can play some forward depending on the height of the other team, i'm 5'11.
Who do you liken yourself to on the Bulls? I'd say a mix between Ben Gordon and Derrick Rose.
How long have you played for? Only a few years, but i'm already pretty good.
Do you play in any leagues? Which ones? Yeah just a rec league.

DrDEADalready
02-06-2009, 02:02 PM
How often? 3-4 times a week

Where if local to Chicago?No I live in SL,UT

Any college experience? Nope. Was playing basketball and swim. but they confilicted with eachother so I dropped one. and of course im going with Girls in swimsuits and not a bunch of sweaty dudes

What position do you play? I'm 6'2 so there's not alot of people that are taller than me when i play. so I play Everyposition I got good handles so i can play pg, got range and the size and strength so i'm kinda a ball hog. but try not to be. but if you suck i'm not giving you the ball.

Who do you liken yourself to on the Bulls? don't know what this question is.

How long have you played for? as long as i can remember so 15 years

Do you play in any leagues?Which ones? when i was younger i played in Jr JAZZ for like 6years . then i moved up to the (what we call here) the super league.

chicagowhitesox
02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
How often? Usually 3-4 times a week
Where if local to Chicago? Archer Pk when I used to live in the Chi
Any college experience? College intramurals (2-0 so far!!!!!!!!)
What position do you play? I'm 6'3", usually SF
Who do you liken yourself to on the Bulls? On the Bulls, prolly Noc, but really AK-47
How long have you played for? Since like 4th grade, but I really sucked until HS
Do you play in any leagues? Which ones? The last time I played in an organized league was 6th grade, but I've done intramurals ever since.

Iggydelphia
02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
im actually about to now.. all my life

ackar
02-06-2009, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=DLeeicious;8259565]I am just curious as to who plays regularly around here. I read some peoples comments and I'm convinced they've never picked up a basketball because they are so clueless. (Not to say you can't be knowledgeable without being a player)

For those of you who play:

How often? Twice a week at Windy City gym
Where if local to Chicago? western and elston
Any college experience? none
What position do you play? Pf/C
Who do you liken yourself to on the Bulls? no one on cureent roster
How long have you played for? played all my life in leagues and pickup
Do you play in any leagues? Which ones? Windy City gym

My league plays on tuesday and i usually ball on sunday afternoons hey come by this sunday we will be playing at windy city gym western and elston around noon.

Vidball
02-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm in a league in STL and am leading an undefeated team...my league isn't the best though. IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND THE ONE EYED MAN IS KING!!!

WindyCity_22
02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
your a dirty rotten liar

I sure would like to see you prove that one....

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't play.......... I dominate!!!!!!