02-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Well so far that move sucked.

qwestion13
02-05-2009, 05:04 PM

You think???

VCaintdead17
02-05-2009, 05:20 PM
wow... now what. There was so much hope for the eastern conference but it is just a disaster now, worst than last year

IRUAM #21
02-05-2009, 05:21 PM
What a waste of money.

Frrrrank!!!
02-05-2009, 05:26 PM
You think???

I do.

Cracka2HI!
02-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Karma. He probably has a bunch more of it coming.

TheBatchelor213
02-05-2009, 05:53 PM
aside from not signing Brand at all this is the best thing that could have happened for the 76ers. They have proved they play better without Brand so they can get back to their brand of basketball, and maybe make some noise in the playoffs. As for Brand he can sulk as he watches from the outside as this Philly team plays better without his ***.

Nets fan 93
02-05-2009, 05:54 PM
wow... now what. There was so much hope for the eastern conference but it is just a disaster now, worst than last year
So far..
The Cavs drastically improved
Hawks improved
Miami drastically improved
And Nets and Bucks improved somewhat but I sorta agree...
The Raps and Wizards suck now... and Philly really isn't as good as they were last year.

JJ81
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
I am so glad riley did not get him:D

I am so gutted riley did not get him :(

theuuord
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Raise your hand if you're surprised!

*looks left*

*looks right*

no one?

didn't think so...

Ph1lly Diehard
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM
**** me..

JJ81
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM

Shut up with the Karma, people say it after every injury these days.

_Sn1P3r_
02-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Wow, that really sucks. Wasted money for the most part.

Ph1lly Diehard
02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
And no, the guy is not injury prone..

If you saw how he hurt his shoulder, he jumped on Mah momam (fail I know) and he came down.

It was a freak accident.

I hope he comes back strong next season..

qwestion13
02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Karma? First, there's no such thing. Second, anyone who is happy about is non-human. Step back for a second and understand the significance this has on his life. He's let down the team and the fans, and I think he understands that. It's gotta be a heavy load to carry while sitting on the bench the rest of the year...

Cracka2HI!
02-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Shut up with the Karma, people say it after every injury these days.

LOL! Karma!! It's 100% his Karma. He did this to himself. What goes around comes around!!!

Karma? First, there's no such thing. Second, anyone who is happy about is non-human. Step back for a second and understand the significance this has on his life. He's let down the team and the fans, and I think he understands that. It's gotta be a heavy load to carry while sitting on the bench the rest of the year...

No such thing? Try it! Be a complete A-hole for a week then try being cool for a week and see how different what happens to you is. Your 2nd point. This has ZERO effect on his life. He got paid and now lives on the East coast like he wants. The fans? Ask Clipper fans if Brand cares about the fans :rolleyes: You can't do something like what he did to the Clippers without some fans feeling satisfaction when something like this happens.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
LOL! Karma!! It's 100% his Karma. He did this to himself. What goes around comes around!!!

No such thing? Try it! Be a complete A-hole for a week then try being cool for a week and see how different what happens to you is. Your 2nd point. This has ZERO effect on his life. He got paid and now lives on the East coast like he wants. The fans? Ask Clipper fans if Brand cares about the fans :rolleyes: You can't do something like what he did to the Clippers without some fans feeling satisfaction when something like this happens.

Karma's a b ! t c h hahaha

I wish this would have happened to Boozer when he left the Cavs, but then again the Jazz haven't won a championship and Boozer will likely leave this summer so I guess it worked out for the best.

Cracka2HI!
02-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Karma's a b ! t c h hahaha

I wish this would have happened to Boozer when he left the Cavs, but then again the Jazz haven't won a championship and Boozer will likely leave this summer so I guess it worked out for the best.

Yea Boozer still has his coming. Man the ish he pulled :pity: Although his could be that he screwed himself out of being Lebrons wingman and probably going to HOF.

Raidaz4Life
02-05-2009, 06:29 PM
does this surprise anyone?

Ph1lly Diehard
02-05-2009, 06:30 PM
does this surprise anyone?

Yes, because it was a freak injury.

The guys not injury prone like lets say Tracy McGrady.

MiamiHeat
02-05-2009, 06:31 PM
maybe there's a little karma in this situation

but wow sucks, waste of money

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Yea Boozer still has his coming. Man the ish he pulled :pity: Although his could be that he screwed himself out of being Lebrons wingman and probably going to HOF.

Yea its obvious he left for the money. Hey if he would have stuck around he might have had a ring around his finger because the Cavs have made it to the Finals since he left, what have the Jazz done?

Cracka2HI!
02-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Yes, because it was a freak injury.

The guys not injury prone like lets say Tracy McGrady.

It was a freak injury that could have happened to anyone. Same as Bynum's injury. However when a player suffers 2 season ending injuries in a row like Brand and Bynum you do have to label them injury prone. I want to make it clear I do feel bad for Philly fans. This sucks for you guys. As a Clipper fan I don't take pride in seeing other fans suffer. If I were you guys I would be really worried about Brand though. In 06-07 he was a shadow of what he was in 05-06. Since then he's suffered 2 season ending injuries. You guys paid him like he is the MVP canidate of 05-06. I really doubt he will ever get back to that form now.

qwestion13
02-05-2009, 06:37 PM

Look, I'm not going to argue theology with you. Being an atheist, it's hard talking to someone who believes in god, it's one of those things where people are rooted in their beliefs and probably won't change them.

Now, obviously if you go around being an a-hole for a week, bad things will probably happen. You will lose your friends, rub people the wrong way, possibly break the law and end up in jail, and ultimately hinder your chances of happiness. This isn't karma, it's called, as you said, "being an a-hole". A-holes get what's coming to them for the "a-holy" things they do.

I highly doubt that "god" wanted to spite Elton Brand for pissing off some Clippers fans and leaving a loser franchise. If there is a god, I would hope that he spends his time on more important issues....

DitchDat
02-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Well, signing him was a big mistake by the Sixers.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-05-2009, 06:40 PM
lol that sucks.

Cracka2HI!
02-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Yea its obvious he left for the money. Hey if he would have stuck around he might have had a ring around his finger because the Cavs have made it to the Finals since he left, what have the Jazz done?

He did make quite a bit more money and the Cavs were a little naive to think he'd take the MLE. However I do think Boozer would have gotten paid eventually.

Look, I'm not going to argue theology with you. Being an atheist, it's hard talking to someone who believes in god, it's one of those things where people are rooted in their beliefs and probably won't change them.

Now, obviously if you go around being an a-hole for a week, bad things will probably happen. You will lose your friends, rub people the wrong way, possibly break the law and end up in jail, and ultimately hinder your chances of happiness. This isn't karma, it's called, as you said, "being an a-hole". A-holes get what's coming to them for the "a-holy" things they do.

I highly doubt that "god" wanted to spite Elton Brand for pissing off some Clippers fans and leaving a loser franchise. If there is a god, I would hope that he spends his time on more important issues....

Good post! Well written. It would have been very easy for you to fly off the handle and you didn't thank for that!! However I don't beleive in a Christian God either like you think. Karma is actually more relevant in non afterlife religions like Buddahism and Hinduism. It's basically just what goes around comes around with God having nothing to do with it. So in essence I do believe this is happening because of THE WAY Brand left the Clippers. God has nothing to do with it. If Brand wants to make it better all he has to do is admit his wrong doing and appologize to Clipper fans and the organization. He has yet to do that and usually those with inflated pride that will have problems with their Karma.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 06:52 PM
He did make quite a bit more money and the Cavs were a little naive to think he'd take the MLE. However I do think Boozer would have gotten paid eventually.

Good post! Well written. It would have been very easy for you to fly off the handle and you didn't thank for that!! However I don't beleive in a Christian God either like you think. Karma is actually more relevant in non afterlife religions like Buddahism and Hinduism. It's basically just what goes around comes around with God having nothing to do with it. So in essence I do believe this is happening because of THE WAY Brand left the Clippers. God has nothing to do with it. If Brand wants to make it better all he has to do is admit his wrong doing and appologize to Clipper fans and the organization. He has yet to do that and usually those with inflated pride that will have problems with their Karma.

Of course he would have gotten paid. If he wouldn't have left, the Cavs would not have reshaped their roster as much as they have since his departure. But I have to thank Boozer for leaving, because if he didn't I don't think the Cavs would have Mo Williams, they probably would have some scrub at the point.

IBleedPurple
02-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Philly took a big risk signing him, and although this isn't a typical injury, he still will only appear in what, 29 games this year?

Those are expensive games. This could turn out to be the same as the K-Mart to Denver deal, although K-Mart has been improving the last 2 years

JordansBulls
I wanted the Bulls to get him, guess now it is a good thing we didn't.

hotpotato1092
So far..
The Cavs drastically improved
Hawks improved
Miami drastically improved
And Nets and Bucks improved somewhat but I sorta agree...
The Raps and Wizards suck now... and Philly really isn't as good as they were last year.

Um... what about the Knicks?

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Philly took a big risk signing him, and although this isn't a typical injury, he still will only appear in what, 29 games this year?

Those are expensive games. This could turn out to be the same as the K-Mart to Denver deal, although K-Mart has been improving the last 2 years

This is like how the Eagles gave Jevon Kearse a bunch of money and he didn't do much.

ziglur
02-05-2009, 07:21 PM
How do you know if Brand had stayed on the clippers that he wouldnt have been run over by a truck on the way to a Clippers game. We dont know what worse things might have happened if he stayed. Its not possible to know.. Karma is in your minds.

PhillyForLife90
02-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I am so dissapointed right now. But he'll be back and better than ever next season. Best of luck Brand.

The Ooh Child
02-05-2009, 07:46 PM

Wow, spiteful fans expressing satisfaction over injury and misfortune. You sir, are a lowlife.

dougie5627
02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
'If Brand wants to make it better all he has to do is admit his wrong doing and appologize to Clipper fans and the organization' yes because this will fix his shoulder. if you have no compasion for a person seriously injuring themselves you are sick, i feel bad for him but karma ha! if this was true you will get a serious injury for getting satisfaction out of this. i do not feel sorry for the sixers even though i am a fan i feel sorry for him. the organisation moves on and brand will be back, if there is karma his two bad years should equal 2 good ones now yes? u sir are a moron.

07MVPPatBurrell
02-05-2009, 07:50 PM
and Philly really isn't as good as they were last year.

yes, that makes a lot of sense.

QUICKTRADE
02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
its a pity since he is a hard working player

MagicBucsSox
02-05-2009, 08:02 PM
why are yall mad they better w/o him

Nets fan 93
02-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Um... what about the Knicks?
I guess count them in as well.

Nets fan 93
02-05-2009, 08:31 PM
"Too early to say that. It was a great move to sign him. Sixers without signing Brand are stuck in neutral. Adding Brand gives them the potential to put it into drive. Keyword potential and sometimes that costs. Cant knock them. They went out and spent big bucks which is what the fans wanted. I dont wanna hear no Sixers fan moan, bytch, complain over Brand if they werent doing it prior to the signing."

A Philly fan said that.

Cracka2HI!
02-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Wow, spiteful fans expressing satisfaction over injury and misfortune. You sir, are a lowlife.

'If Brand wants to make it better all he has to do is admit his wrong doing and appologize to Clipper fans and the organization' yes because this will fix his shoulder. if you have no compasion for a person seriously injuring themselves you are sick, i feel bad for him but karma ha! if this was true you will get a serious injury for getting satisfaction out of this. i do not feel sorry for the sixers even though i am a fan i feel sorry for him. the organisation moves on and brand will be back, if there is karma his two bad years should equal 2 good ones now yes? u sir are a moron.

Who's bitter now Sixers fans :p

JK I don't even want to go there. You guys are funny though. Do you think a person horrible enough to wish injury on another person cares what 2 people on the net think of him :rolleyes:

Point about Karma is true. If Brand had handled the situation better he still probably would have gotten injured...or would he? I choose to believe that he did it to himself. As far as the injury itself. That isn't even his bad karma. His bad karma is that it looks he will never be the same player and will have a bad reputation from now on. Worst of all most PHILLY fans already hate him now and imagine how much worse it is going to get. You think Philly fans hating you is not bad karma?

I think he deserves that. I DID NOT say am happy he got hurt, believe me there was a time but I am over it. However I will admit it brought a smile to my face to see he is out for the year. I can't help it. Thats just what happened. If you think that makes me a bad person I am beyond fine with that. Believe me I have done FAR worse things to effect my karma then get a little chuckle out of Brand's misfortune.

TheChosenOne88
02-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I also love how there was so much hype heading into the season. Brand's signing was supposed to put the Sixers over the top and make them a contender or as good as Boston and Cleveland. He was their "missing piece" LOL

MJ-BULLS
02-05-2009, 10:24 PM
i think that he would helped the sixers even if there were winning without him

dre1990
02-05-2009, 10:42 PM

:hi5:

Chronz
02-06-2009, 01:16 AM
He wouldve been a deity in LA, worshipped just for sticking it out, instead hes on a team that plays better without him.

ESaady
02-06-2009, 03:16 AM
It seems like anyone with a connection to the Clippers Organization is not doing so great this year. Brand is out for the year, Baron Davis wasn't the savior for the Clips, and Maggette is doing alright in Golden State, but definitely a ball hog.

Crooks&Castles
02-06-2009, 03:27 AM
now watch iggy go to work n take over