PDA

View Full Version : Report: Edgerrin James already out in Arizona

bornFrisco49er
02-05-2009, 04:58 PM
"According to the Arizona Republic's Dan Bickley, Edgerrin James is "already gone" from the Cardinals."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=138841&id=1541

FreedomReigns
02-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Bickley is just reading into things a little to much. There's a good possibility that he's on to something but it's nothing more than an observation. Followed by rush to judgement.

Edge more than likely won't be a Arizona Cardinal next season but that's been obvious since he lost his job. I'll say good riddance when it is official though. I have alot of respect for Edge and what he's done over the years but he doesn't fit this club at all. It's time to move on.

hornitosmonster
02-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah...why wouldn't you want a guy who carried your running game in the playoffs back?

Anyways, this is old news...and Boldin is next...

FreedomReigns
02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah...why wouldn't you want a guy who carried your running game in the playoffs back?

Anyways, this is old news...and Boldin is next...

I'd be happier with J.J. Arrington being resigned and getting more touches than bringing Edge back.

Edge and Hightower are too similar in their running style to be sharing touches. Theres no change of pace.

krazytaz312
02-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I am not sure how I feel about Edge leaving. If he does leave then maybe we can look at Derrick Ward or Brandon Jacobs. I doubt the Giants can sign both of them so maybe one might be worth looking into. I am not sure who else is out there that would be an upgrade. I know LJ (Chiefs) might be out there but I don't think he would help in the clubhouse. Another thing to look at is the draft. Maybe there will be someone out there that will give a change of pace from Hightower.

chadillachembre
02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
id love derrick ward. i would take him over brandon jacobs every day of the week and twice on sunday. derrick ward could be this years michael turner. I believe in the right situation edge can have a slight resurgence in his career alot like jamaal lewis did with cleveland. I wish Edge the best. he did alot for this franchise, mostly off the feild. just having him here for a period of time brought us credibility with the new stadium

TheRedMarauder
02-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Cardinals GM Rod Graves indicated Tuesday that Edgerrin James' release is not imminent.

Graves only said that "any decision made would be in the best interests of the club." Edge will still likely be cut, but it may not happen before free agency.

rotoworld

bornFrisco49er
02-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Yahoo Sports reports that the Cardinals don't plan to release Edgerrin James unless they find a viable replacement.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=139409&id=1541

TheRedMarauder
02-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Cardinals GM Rod Graves said at the Combine Saturday that "no decision has been made" with regard to Edgerrin James' future in Arizona.

"We did have a meeting with the acknowledgment of how he felt," Graves said. "We'll weigh any decision with respect to him and our roster." Cutting Edge would save $5 million, but leave the Cardinals extremely thin at tailback.

rotoworld

hornitosmonster
02-23-2009, 02:53 PM
The Cardinals are appearing to be not very player friendly...they are going to have a hard time attracting big time free agents to go to AZ. They play hardball with Edge, Boldin, and F Tag Dansby two years in a row?

CvilleRB28
02-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Cardinals could be the cheapest team in the NFL.

krazytaz312
02-26-2009, 12:00 PM
The Cardinals are appearing to be not very player friendly...they are going to have a hard time attracting big time free agents to go to AZ. They play hardball with Edge, Boldin, and F Tag Dansby two years in a row?

While I agree they may not get a big time free agent, I don't agree they are playing hardball with Edge or Boldin. I think they will work out a long term deal with Dansby and the Franchise Tag buys them the time to do so. I like Edge, but I think there are better options out there for running back. As far as Boldin goes, he signed a contract and has two years remaining. I understand his frustration, but he signed the deal so now he needs to shut up and play football. No one forced him to sign the contract so he has no one to blame but himself.

As for signing a big time free agent, I am not convinced that you have to have the big time players, who will cost big time money, to be successful. Not signing one does not bother me at all.

krazytaz312
02-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Cardinals could be the cheapest team in the NFL.

According to USA Today, the Cardinals had the 8th highest payroll in 2008 at $122,110,110. Only the Raiders. Cowboys, Vikings, Browns. Saints, Steelers and Titans had higher payrolls last year. The numbers dont support your statement.

hornitosmonster
02-26-2009, 12:19 PM
As far as Boldin goes, he signed a contract and has two years remaining. I understand his frustration, but he signed the deal so now he needs to shut up and play football. No one forced him to sign the contract so he has no one to blame but himself.

Your missing the point about the situation...

A deal was in the works at the start of last season...Whiz had the Cards pull it off the table. That is why Boldin has lost all respect toward Whiz and the Cards.

Simple, Boldin was promised a deal, a deal was in the works, Whiz pulled it...

The facts do not lie...The Cardinals have a growing list of disappointed players.

Boldin, Dansby, Dockett, Edge, and now even Warner is showing some disappointment in the Cards. Just yesterday on AM 910, Buckley and MJ alluded to the fact that is is possible that Todd Haley could have plans in place to steal Kurt away from Arizona.

krazytaz312
03-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Your missing the point about the situation...

A deal was in the works at the start of last season...Whiz had the Cards pull it off the table. That is why Boldin has lost all respect toward Whiz and the Cards.

Simple, Boldin was promised a deal, a deal was in the works, Whiz pulled it...

The facts do not lie...The Cardinals have a growing list of disappointed players.

Boldin, Dansby, Dockett, Edge, and now even Warner is showing some disappointment in the Cards. Just yesterday on AM 910, Buckley and MJ alluded to the fact that is is possible that Todd Haley could have plans in place to steal Kurt away from Arizona.

I understand about Boldin, but the point is he was already under contract. If there was a promise he should have kept his mouth shut and not gone public. I like Boldin and don't want to see the Cards lose him, but it was only after the Fitzgerald contract that Boldin decided to go public. I do care that we are not doing more for Dockett and Dansby, but I think there are plenty of options to replace Edge and I am not sure what to make of Warner. I doubt he ends up in KC with Haley now that they have Cassell.

chadillachembre
03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=krazytaz312;8520533]As far as Boldin goes, he signed a contract and has two years remaining. I understand his frustration, but he signed the deal so now he needs to shut up and play football. No one forced him to sign the contract so he has no one to blame but himself.QUOTE]

I completely agree. What if the table is turned and he has made an extreme amount of money and didnt play up to that level? Is he going to give himself a pay cut? no. honor the contract Q

TheRedMarauder
03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Free agent RB J.J. Arrington has reportedly "moved on" after his deal with the Broncos fell apart.

Arrington is talking to the Cardinals once again. The Broncos may still be looking for a running back after losing Arrington and coming up just short on Derrick Ward.

rotoworld

chadillachembre
03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
i would love to welcome back JJ to the team. I hope it works out. For some reason i find that situation funny

TheRedMarauder
03-03-2009, 10:48 PM
NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports that Edgerrin James is "pleading" for the Cardinals to release him.

Edge knows that most teams' backfields will be set if Arizona waits much longer, and his market value will be shot. He may have to settle for a minimum salary if the Cardinals wait until after the NFL Draft in late April.

rotoworld

Lindystud36
03-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Let the edge go
He paid his dues
Let the edge go

krazytaz312
03-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Let the edge go
He paid his dues
Let the edge go

I agree, let him go. It doesn't look like he wants to be with the team so I would let him go. I am disappointed that the Cardinals did not go after Ward, who signed with the Bucs for $17M. I think the contract was 4 years so that would have worked out to less than we were paying Edge. I think Ward would have been a great addition and given the team a proven runner.

Not sure what is going on in AZ, but I wonder who is driving the train!!!

chadillachembre
03-04-2009, 11:15 AM
The Cardinals are playing it smart on their end. They are waiting for draft day to make a decision for him. I believe the 1st day of the draft will be a majority of the offseason moves for the cards. If Boldin is still around after draft day hes not going any where. Edge will be released if not traded on draft day. Thats my assumption. The Cards are going to be busy on draft day

krazytaz312
03-04-2009, 03:30 PM
The Cardinals are playing it smart on their end. They are waiting for draft day to make a decision for him. I believe the 1st day of the draft will be a majority of the offseason moves for the cards. If Boldin is still around after draft day hes not going any where. Edge will be released if not traded on draft day. Thats my assumption. The Cards are going to be busy on draft day

I don't disagree with you, but to miss out on Ward does not make sense. Being stuck on the East Coast I may have missed the Cards talking to Ward but I doubt it. I like the signing of Warner, just announced, and I think we will get Wilson all taken care of before draft day. I would like management to keep Boldin, but I think Dansby and Dockett are a bit higher on the priority list, IMO. I think Pitt's McCoy would be a sweet addition at RB if we don't move up to get someone better.

chadillachembre
03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
I don't disagree with you, but to miss out on Ward does not make sense. Being stuck on the East Coast I may have missed the Cards talking to Ward but I doubt it. I like the signing of Warner, just announced, and I think we will get Wilson all taken care of before draft day. I would like management to keep Boldin, but I think Dansby and Dockett are a bit higher on the priority list, IMO. I think Pitt's McCoy would be a sweet addition at RB if we don't move up to get someone better.

I agree with you 100% man. I live on the east coast as well here in Pittsburgh and heard before free agency the cardinals were one of 3 teams on derrick wards "list" and nothing happened. I would have loved to get Ward. I am all about Leshawn McCoy. His stock took a hit at the combine because he had a slow 4 or something but the guy was sick with the flu or something. I think he is the best back in the draft. I would work a deal with leinart and edge for a draft day trade to get an entra pick in the 2nd or 1st rnd

MilledgeGomez
03-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Marcel Shipp is still availble...just throwing it out there

FreedomReigns
03-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Marcel Shipp is still availble...just throwing it out there

I'd take Shipp over James at this point. Less money, same results.

chadillachembre
03-11-2009, 11:48 PM
I would consider Shipp to replace Arrington. whats the deal on arrington any way? Is he still a FA or not?

hornitosmonster
03-12-2009, 01:16 AM
I would consider Shipp to replace Arrington. whats the deal on arrington any way? Is he still a FA or not?

Seems like the Broncos did in fact end up signing him...All new reports show him as a Bronco...

chadillachembre
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
^ ya thats what ive seen also but wasnt sure if it was info that hasnt been refreshed or not because i never heard he officially went back to denver. I guess its safe for us to assume he in the mile high

HOZ THE KNICK
03-12-2009, 05:51 PM
he's going back to the colts?

FreedomReigns
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
he's going back to the colts?

They can have him. I seriously doubt the Colts would wan't him back though unless he signs a vet. minimum type deal.

MagicBucsSox
03-13-2009, 03:20 AM
jacksonville bound

chadillachembre
03-13-2009, 11:43 AM
I can see Edge going to so many places being the 2nd back of a back system. I think he is going to split time somewhere. Wouldnt suprise me if he resurected his career for one season like jamaal lewis did in cleveland his 1st yr.

TheRedMarauder
03-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Free agent RB Jason Wright visited the Cardinals on Friday.

Wright, who Cleveland will let leave town without even a minimum offer, wouldn't solve Arizona's running back woes. He's more of a special teamer.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
03-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers indicates in his blog that the team has not ruled out the possibility of bringing back Edgerrin James in 2009.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt reiterated at the Owners' Meetings that Arizona wants to shore up the tailback position before any move is made, and can foresee keeping Edge if that doesn't happen in the draft. Somers says it "seems certain" that James will be on the roster through the weekend of April 25-26.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
04-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Cardinals GM Rod Graves reiterated that no moves involving Edgerrin James will occur until after the draft.

"We'll evaluate our draft and where we are as a team and make...decisions about that next week sometime," he said. "We would certainly want to feel like we were in a position where we've improved enough to move forward."

rotoworld