PDA

View Full Version : MLB Caught Bonds Twice, Did Nothing

Grenadine
02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2009/02/05/documents_bondss_trainer_caught_on_tape/

According to a federal documents, Barry Bonds tested positive for substances twice in MLB urine tests. In June of 2003, he tested positive for THG, clomiphene, and exogenous testosterone. Then again in July of 2006 he tested positive for D-amphetamine. So MLB CLEARLY knew he was cheating and did nothing.

bigtony989
02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
why would they do anything if there making money off him

MelkyNYY
02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Bonds cheated. MLB knew. No wonder they haven't scratched his records, it would be hypocritical.

whitesoxfan83
02-05-2009, 04:50 PM
instead of saying bonds cheated mlb knew it but they ignored it for money blah blah blah

im going to argue the other side for fun...

victor conte claims those urine samples passed through way to many hands to not be tampered with (and this is what bonds' attorneys will argue) and the fact the MLB did nothing is going to play right into their hands, because....

what theyll say is well if the MLB knew why didnt they do anything? they didnt do anything because these urine samples have been tampered with recently and barry never knowingly took these steroids and if he had, dont you think MLB would have suspended him? made sure he never passed hank aaron?

the fact is they didnt, and the reason they didnt is because MLB never had proof or any evidence against barry until they tampered with his urine and fabricated this case.

and if you people of the jury dont believe this...then whats the alternative? that MLB used barry for personal gain??

either way who is really at fault here?

blah blah blah

Barry Wins, he wont be found guilty, mark my words.

But even if he isnt found guilty, who gives a ****, hes already guilty in the eyes of millions of baseball fans and will be for years to come- thats punishment enough.

Yanks#1fan
02-05-2009, 05:08 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2009/02/05/documents_bondss_trainer_caught_on_tape/

According to a federal documents, Barry Bonds tested positive for substances twice in MLB urine tests. In June of 2003, he tested positive for THG, clomiphene, and exogenous testosterone. Then again in July of 2006 he tested positive for D-amphetamine. So MLB CLEARLY knew he was cheating and did nothing.

That is why it's SUCH a joke.......MLB and the owners pushed players using steroids.......Now they turn a blind eye.......The guys got paid and they took advantage of it.......That is WHY they should put Mcwire, Sammy Sosa etc in the Hall of Fame.......Just add the asterisk...

downsos
02-05-2009, 05:09 PM
2 options that both suck. The feds are either tampering with evidence, or baseball knew and didn't care. The sad thing is, I wouldn't be surprised by either.

downsos
02-05-2009, 05:12 PM
That is why it's SUCH a joke.......MLB and the owners pushed players using steroids.......Now they turn a blind eye.......The guys got paid and they took advantage of it.......That is WHY they should put Mcwire, Sammy Sosa etc in the Hall of Fame.......Just add the asterisk...

:clap:
I would put on there plaques that they played during the steroid era an the comissioner at the time was Bud Selig so that way it's a permanent mark against him.

Yanks#1fan
02-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised by either.

True but I think the Feds tampering is less likely......Ahh actually, I take that back......LOL

papipapsmanny
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
2 options that both suck. The feds are either tampering with evidence, or baseball knew and didn't care. The sad thing is, I wouldn't be surprised by either.

either way bonds took steroids and cheated

Cracka2HI!
02-05-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't fault Bonds at all. He DIDN'T cheat. They ALL did. He would have cheating himself and his family if he didn't take steroids. This is baseball's fault. None of the players are guilty IMO.

whitesoxfan83
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
really?^ so what would u say to players like ken griffey or jim thome?

especially griff...

"hey ken, we know you probably could have shattered the homerun record and stayed healthy if you juiced, but too bad soo sad, you shoulda taken roids..."

misterd
02-05-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't fault Bonds at all. He DIDN'T cheat. They ALL did. He would have cheating himself and his family if he didn't take steroids. This is baseball's fault. None of the players are guilty IMO.

1. They didn't ALL cheat. Many did. Maybe even most. But painting with that broad a brush is just plain wrong.

2. The players that did it ARE guilty (even if not of a crime). The owners, managers and reporters that looked the other way are just as guilty. I just want to put the whole era behind us, and make sure it doesn't ever happen again.

YankeeFan28
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I thought players would get punished and the results released to the public after their third negative test? I'm not sure but I think I heard that somewhere.

He was caught doing amphetamines before the 07 season, and it was released to the public, but he wasn't punished.

MJ-BULLS
02-05-2009, 10:49 PM
i dont care about bonds im tired of all this

07MVPPatBurrell
02-05-2009, 10:53 PM
just add the asterisk...

+1

leiasgoldbikini
02-06-2009, 12:33 AM
None of that speculation is correct.

In '03 Bonds was tested and came back clean. Bonds goes and makes his statements to the grand jury, thinking that no one can catch him. Evidence came forward (Game of Shadows), that Bonds had been using BALCO's undetectible (at the time) designer steroids. The Fed becomes involved as a part of a criminal investigation (lying to a grand jury). The '03 samples are retested along with new '06 samples and steroids are present. The Fed decides to go forward with their criminal investigation and bring charges against Bonds.

MLB had the '03 samples and didn't say anything because there was nothing to report. When they were retested they were evidence in a Federal criminal trial and not subject to comment from MLB.

This isn't a conspiracy or a coverup or Bonds being framed. It's simple chain of evidence.

Redagony
02-06-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't fault Bonds at all. He DIDN'T cheat. They ALL did.

Either he cheated or he didn't, make up your mind

He would have cheating himself and his family if he didn't take steroids.

Nonsense. The man was a millionaire and a hall of fame player BEFORE he became a walking science experiment. Don't even try to sell anyone this idea that this guy and his family would have starved otherwise

This is baseball's fault. None of the players are guilty IMO.

I disagree. Both sides, players and the Owners are to blame.

ai3theanswer
02-06-2009, 11:39 AM

Of course another moron statement. "Just add the asterisk." There is no way to know who did and who did not use steroids. why not add an asterisk by everyone playing from ~1990 to present and say they played in an era the steroid scandal. You can't single out individual players. I mean what about people who got caught using HGH. HGH is legal, people use it everyday to recover from injuries. Because your a baseball player you don't deserve to take the best drug on the market to recover from injuries???

pcone78
02-06-2009, 12:00 PM

How can you deny this guy, (Or any one else for that matter) a ticket to the hall of fame? MLB was pushing guys down this path. They wanted the excitement. They wanted the long ball, the crushing hits, the ratings. Bud Selig, wanted the big raise he got from baseball turning the corner. It would be criminal to keep him out of the Hall of Fame.

ai3theanswer
02-06-2009, 12:09 PM
How can you deny this guy, (Or any one else for that matter) a ticket to the hall of fame? MLB was pushing guys down this path. They wanted the excitement. They wanted the long ball, the crushing hits, the ratings. Bud Selig, wanted the big raise he got from baseball turning the corner. It would be criminal to keep him out of the Hall of Fame.

Whats criminal is that people actually in baseball have no say in who makes the hall of fame. People who couldn't even hit an 85 mph fastball let alone a 95 mph fastball makes the decisions.

Redagony
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Whats criminal is that people actually in baseball have no say in who makes the hall of fame. People who couldn't even hit an 85 mph fastball let alone a 95 mph fastball makes the decisions.

What Bonds and other players did, was criminal.

What Selig and the other owners did, by turning a blind eye and profiting from this act is also criminal.

Bonds will most likely get into the Hall of Fame due to his career before the big science experiment. That will be the next thing that the Bonds apologists will cling to.

Another act of criminality, IMO, is the inaction of the Players Union. The whole purpose of having a union, is for the protection of the employees. They are not there to wring every dime and dollar from employers. This is a fact that many unions seem to have forgotten. This obviously didn't happen in regards to steroids and other associated drugs. If there were players that felt that they had to use steroids, in order to simply compete for a job because others were doing the same, then the union should have been involved on those players' behalf. Instead, Donald Fehr, the useless sack of pus, decides to do nothing except watch the players get rich, the owners get rich, and the whole problem snowball out of control. It takes a threat of action from Congress of all places, to get these people to even commit to a substantial drug policy. And even then the Union balked and resisted. The players union showed zero desire to protect its players.

There is plenty of people to point at and to blame. Plenty. I really hope that many of these people are held liable in civil courts.

Cracka2HI!
02-06-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't think any of players who used Steroids cheated. They broke the law by using Steroids, but they didn't break any rules in MLB. MLB basically encouraged it. The most sickening thing is McGwire. Simply a roided out freak, not much of a player. Look how much of a hero he was! Everyone knew back then. Making McGwire a hero not only made it alright it almost made it wrong not to do them. To the players who didn't use them I would simply say they had more integrity then the ones who used. However the minor leagues were littered with guys with integrity and those were the guys who were cheating themselves and their families. If they wanted to make a living playing baseball that is.

Whole point is. I don't blame the players one bit.

macattack
02-06-2009, 10:59 PM
1. They didn't ALL cheat. Many did. Maybe even most. But painting with that broad a brush is just plain wrong.

2. The players that did it ARE guilty (even if not of a crime). The owners, managers and reporters that looked the other way are just as guilty. I just want to put the whole era behind us, and make sure it doesn't ever happen again.

2- it is ILLEGAL.

Maz60
02-07-2009, 12:17 PM

This is, of course, nonsense. Its like excusing the high crime rate in the ghetto because everyone is poor and then claiming its society's fault. Perhaps theres a moral case to be made for stealing to feed your family, but theres no legal one.